Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Prurient Squid posted:

Has anyone invented a cryptocurrency based on sissy hypno yet?

you can buy hypno coin with the right coupon clipped from a vintage comic book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Ok well now I just want to add “And Anime” to every kind of research.

The Applications for Male Lamprey Sterilization on the Endocrinology of Reproduction in Lampreys - and Anime

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I'm afraid that professionals won't bend their will to my shifty opinions.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

letthereberock posted:

Ok well now I just want to add “And Anime” to every kind of research.

The Applications for Male Lamprey Sterilization on the Endocrinology of Reproduction in Lampreys - and Anime

I think it was maybe a decade or so ago +/- when almost every Wikipedia article had an <In Anime> subsection.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

I think it was maybe a decade or so ago +/- when almost every Wikipedia article had an <In Anime> subsection.

Yes I remember, usually followed by a listing of every time said topic was mentioned on Family Guy.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ngl people into anime are pretty insufferable to be around.

I have never met anyone into anime that is not even moderately okay to be around, not to mention going 5 minutes into a topic without bringing anime up somehow.

Anime fans are like the vegan/crossfit equivalent of social awkwardness.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

"Quillette" tells you everything you need to know.

I need a :fuckoff: where the :v: is a :qq:.

Oh gently caress, yeah, I saw "quillette" and was just "nope, nope, nope."

I imagine a lot of thoughts go through a parent's head when a child tells them they are trans and aren't the gender the parent had been treating them as their entire life, it's got to be a shock and a much bigger one than a child saying they were gay (I think observant parents at least suspect a gay child is gay well before the child comes out). But blaming it on cartoons is dumb.

How many gross cis boys watch anime?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

dialhforhero posted:

I have never met anyone into anime that is not even moderately okay to be around, not to mention going 5 minutes into a topic without bringing anime up somehow.

ok

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I imagine a lot of thoughts go through a parent's head when a child tells them they are trans and aren't the gender the parent had been treating them as their entire life, it's got to be a shock and a much bigger one than a child saying they were gay
If the stars align you can do both at once! Though in my case it would have been harder for my parents if I had been straight.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Parents will literally write a multi-part Quillette series exposing themselves as horrible shitbirds instead of going to therapy.

dialhforhero posted:

Truly shredded anime fans on plant-based diets are the real goons.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The thing about anime fans/vegans/crossfit/most anything being so annoying because they never shut up about it is that there's a poo poo ton of people into those things who don't talk about it constantly but you don't notice those people because they don't talk about it constantly.

To give a personal example, I'm an atheist and I loving hate it when I have to deal with Christians who constantly talk about God. Not like people turning to their faith in a time of tragedy or anything, but it was always super loving weird to me when I was waiting tables and a table would say grace when we dropped the appetizers. But most of the country is Christian and this was a job where I interacted with probably a hundred strangers a day and people not shutting up about God was at most a monthly occurrence.

Some people just get into a thing and need to make it their entire identity and that's the annoying thing, not the thing that they are into. I've had vegan friends that I ate out with multiple times before I knew they were vegan, I've had incredibly fit friends where I have no idea what their exercise regimen was, I have to assume some of them were crossfit. I've had nerdy friends and some were into anime and some weren't and most of the time I only knew someone was into anime if they had a house party and they had a poo poo ton of anime dvds on their shelf

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Retcon posted:

If the stars align you can do both at once! Though in my case it would have been harder for my parents if I had been straight.

I'm equally torn between wanting to know every single detail and wanting this to remain a mystery, so dealers choice if you want to share more.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I thought she could vote, she just doesn't. Kinda like how she's the only person in England who doesn't need driver's license to drive, but she also hasn't driven herself anywhere since World War 2.

You literally cannot arrest the queen for anything, so technically the queen can do whatever she wants and nobody is legally allowed to stop her other than by, like, erecting physical barriers before she gets there.

I think last time I looked it up she apparently projects a no cops zone around her for an indeterminate distance but I couldn't find the right edition of the law book online to look up the specific text of it.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 18:39 on May 13, 2021

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tenebrais posted:

On top of everything else, the Queen cannot vote in elections.

I thought that they could but as a matter of tradition didn't.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

The thing about anime fans/vegans/crossfit/most anything being so annoying because they never shut up about it is that there's a poo poo ton of people into those things who don't talk about it constantly but you don't notice those people because they don't talk about it constantly.

To give a personal example, I'm an atheist and I loving hate it when I have to deal with Christians who constantly talk about God. Not like people turning to their faith in a time of tragedy or anything, but it was always super loving weird to me when I was waiting tables and a table would say grace when we dropped the appetizers. But most of the country is Christian and this was a job where I interacted with probably a hundred strangers a day and people not shutting up about God was at most a monthly occurrence.

Some people just get into a thing and need to make it their entire identity and that's the annoying thing, not the thing that they are into. I've had vegan friends that I ate out with multiple times before I knew they were vegan, I've had incredibly fit friends where I have no idea what their exercise regimen was, I have to assume some of them were crossfit. I've had nerdy friends and some were into anime and some weren't and most of the time I only knew someone was into anime if they had a house party and they had a poo poo ton of anime dvds on their shelf

"Anime fans and vegans are so annoying and preachy! Now, as an atheist,..."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Parents will literally write a multi-part Quillette series exposing themselves as horrible shitbirds instead of going to therapy.

Triple posting but I don't care.

Obviously this isn't the case for everyone, but I think about all the terrible dumb poo poo I've done and my parents forgave and accepted me afterwards that the idea of if I was trans and my parents couldn't deal with that is loving insane to me.

Not that being trans is terrible or dumb, just that there's so many things you should worry about your child doing or being, being trans shouldn't be one of them. It has to really suck to lose your parents over something that is just you being you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

xtal posted:

"Anime fans and vegans are so annoying and preachy! Now, as an atheist,..."

"as an atheist" I also hate when other atheists bring up being an atheist constantly. Which happens, but again, I think it's just I minority of atheists. I only mentioned it because it was necessary context for the anecdote I was saying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

You literally cannot arrest the queen for anything, so technically the queen can do whatever she wants and nobody is legally allowed to stop her other than by, like, erecting physical barriers before she gets there.

I think last time I looked it up she apparently projects a no cops zone around her for an indeterminate distance but I couldn't find the right edition of the law book online to look up the specific text of it.

She's old, they could just box her in right now. I'm sure there's enough Republican (in the Republic versus Monarchy sense, not in the American political party sense) builders you could wall in all of the royal family over night in concrete barriers. Throw food over the walls, keep the plumbing working but give them no access to outside media.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Skwirl posted:

"as an atheist" I also hate when other atheists bring up being an atheist constantly. Which happens, but again, I think it's just I minority of atheists. I only mentioned it because it was necessary context for the anecdote I was saying.

If you omitted either paragraph I might believe you. As it is, the only moral atheist screed is your atheist screed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

OwlFancier posted:

Imagine what an asset she could be to antifa with an impenetrable anti-cop zone like that.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

drat, we need to capture the queen so we can reverse engineer some sort of anti-cop device from her hosed up bones!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you tried to cask of amontillado the royals you would never manage to get past the honour guard of ten thousand sweaty dads in football polos.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I'm equally torn between wanting to know every single detail and wanting this to remain a mystery, so dealers choice if you want to share more.
I'm a trans woman and a lesbian. When I came out my parents asked me 'so are you into guys now'. I told them nope, still into women and the idea that I'm 'suddenly' gay was really hard for them to grasp at first. Still kinda is, in one of my conversations with my mom recently me being gay came up and she was like 'wait, you're not gay'. Had to walk her through the motions and explain that me being a woman who wants to date other women means i'm a lesbian.

The easiest way I could get my mother to accept it was by telling her 'wouldn't it be weirder if I suddenly started dating men after all this time' and that made sense to her. They are very supportive but they are really having trouble wrapping their heads around .. well everything do with the whole trans thing.

(and tbf, a lot of cis people do)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

She's old, they could just box her in right now. I'm sure there's enough Republican (in the Republic versus Monarchy sense, not in the American political party sense) builders you could wall in all of the royal family over night in concrete barriers. Throw food over the walls, keep the plumbing working but give them no access to outside media.

The Gem of Cyttorak means that nothing can stop the Queen when she starts moving.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Biplane posted:

drat, we need to capture the queen so we can reverse engineer some sort of anti-cop device from her hosed up bones!!

It also applies to any of the royal palaces apparently so you might be able to negate the cops arrest powers by declaring everywhere to be a palace.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1392865275268247561?s=20
oof

orange juche has a new favorite as of 19:01 on May 13, 2021

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Skwirl posted:

For the love of God, Mountbatten-Windsor!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Biplane posted:

I like the way you think

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

I know everyone's body is different, but I don't think I would be able to orgasm with a gun pointed at me. (Not calling the article a lie, just saying I might be safe from this ever happening to me.)

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

jjack229 posted:

I know everyone's body is different, but I don't think I would be able to orgasm with a gun pointed at me. (Not calling the article a lie, just saying I might be safe from this ever happening to me.)

Thats funny, i can *only* orgasm with a gun pointed at me.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Skwirl posted:

A good way to look at it is that there’s an axis running from “this is a thing I enjoy and I’m into” to “this is something I’m into to the exclusion of most other things” to “ this is something I’ve built my entire identity around”. It’s like how there’s a very clear difference between someone who really enjoys video games and a “gamer”.

Now, certain hobbies and interests seem to consist of a higher percentage of people on the annoying end of that axis. With Anime, for whatever reason, there’s at least a perception that more people who are into it are way too into it.

You see this with music a lot. For example, U2 and Phish are both bands I don’t particularly care for. In all my years, I’ve met many people who like or even love U2, yet I’ve never met anyone who ONLY likes U2. Yet with Phish, a big chunk of their fans I’ve met listen to almost nothing but Phish.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's because Phish hasn't ended a song yet

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I dislike most anime and anime fandoms on principle (a lot of it is very gory, violent, horny or sexist). But I love specific animes (Ascendance of a Bookworm is so good I can barely find words for it) But I have to engage with them as a private thing because the fandom tends to turn into this spider web into the rest of it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You...you just described like 99% of media.

Outside like kids media I guess and even then not as much as you would think

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Roblo posted:

That must make dating complicated.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

jjack229 posted:

That must make dating complicated.

CharlestheHammer posted:

not as much as you would think

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

CharlestheHammer posted:

You...you just described like 99% of media.

Outside like kids media I guess and even then not as much as you would think

Alright fair. Can I just get... A competent female protagonist. That's not an aristocrat. Doesn't have super powers. And solves problems with her wit. Without being some space brain savant.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Roblo posted:

Richie Aprile account spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Alright fair. Can I just get... A competent female protagonist. That's not an aristocrat. Doesn't have super powers. And solves problems with her wit. Without being some space brain savant.

Anne of Green Gables?