Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
poor biden, being driven by the folks around him to take off his PPE. this is elder abuse! coup by virus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svkHp8amhts

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
This is good - COVID number has been going down too hard, and we gotta get the number back up. Immunities will start wearing off right around Thanksgiving right? :awesome:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Only 841 Americans died from covid yesterday, about 4509 in the past week.

That's an annualized rate of around 230-235k deaths a year
ie,
slotting between cancer (599,601) and unintentional injuries/accidents (173,040) as the third leading cause of death in the US.

That's our new normal lol

No, it will go down like cases are. Seasonality and vaccine rates have basically taken care of COVID in the US until at least fall. There isn't a single metro area where cases are significantly increasing now. This mask change is basically a gently caress you to kids and immunocompromised people because our policymakers have decided to let outbreaks simmer through unvaccinated groups instead of wait for the background case rate to get extinguished first.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Actually the vaccine will last for years before boosters are needed

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Well, back to ordering all my groceries online. It was fun going to the store with a mask while vaccinated for these 3 weeks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

was everyone wearing masks? well i guess that doesn’t matter anymore lol

Only the dancers, but asside from one of them they were the kind that was just a bejeweled mesh, making them decorational

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
We should do a pool of what the first new hotspot in a few weeks will be.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

or

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Salt Fish posted:

Well, back to ordering all my groceries online. It was fun going to the store with a mask while vaccinated for these 3 weeks.

I did most of my shopping online but generally just did any in person shopping I needed to do during off hours. Now I'd rather just do anything I can online.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holy Jesus we are hosed lmao

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

laughing that all of the pundits who were talking about "indoor is the true danger, we dont need masks outdoors!" are now celebrating this too. Way to be consistent i guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tiberion02 posted:

This is good - COVID number has been going down too hard, and we gotta get the number back up. Immunities will start wearing off right around Thanksgiving right? :awesome:

anybody who tells you how long the vaccines last is just making poo poo up. we don't know and there hasn't been enough passage of time to even study it or anything.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Seriously though what is the process for getting checked to see if I have big titers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

In Training posted:

anybody who tells you how long the vaccines last is just making poo poo up. we don't know and there hasn't been enough passage of time to even study it or anything.

scientists are already questioning the need for boosters, the vaccine may last for years just like the childhood ones

Pfizer is the most miraculous vaccine ever created, it's saved our nation.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1392914898980687874

lol if joe biden pops a fully vaxxed covid case, well, it still won't have been worth it, but it will be funny as hell

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

In Training posted:

Yeah we know they last at least like 6 months, past that we just don't know either way.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ahaahaha, okay, this got me. Everything else I've thought was a bummer and stupid but not "lose my mind" maddening.

Great Job Biden.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Seriously though what is the process for getting checked to see if I have big titers.

if u gotta ask...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Trump was right.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pancake rabbit posted:

lol if joe biden pops a fully vaxxed covid case, well, it still won't have been worth it, but it will be funny as hell

Just :lol: if Biden gets the roni in a bad way

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
joe biden is on a suicide mission

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

pancake rabbit posted:

this is the only reasonable outcome

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

No, it will go down like cases are. Seasonality and vaccine rates have basically taken care of COVID in the US until at least fall. There isn't a single metro area where cases are significantly increasing now. This mask change is basically a gently caress you to kids and immunocompromised people because our policymakers have decided to let outbreaks simmer through unvaccinated groups instead of wait for the background case rate to get extinguished first.

Yuup... and starting right about October, seasonality is going to flip and we're going to see a bigass spike and the question becomes whether anybody does anything about it or whether we wait until we have a big old clusterfuck that's too big to handle easily.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/9OWWlTd.mp4

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

pancake rabbit posted:

Okay you have a good point.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

pharmacies have the test. they had signs all over the hy-vee pharmacy we got our shots in. "see if you have antibodies!" should be able to call in and request one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Notahippie posted:

Yuup... and starting right about October, seasonality is going to flip and we're going to see a bigass spike and the question becomes whether anybody does anything about it or whether we wait until we have a big old clusterfuck that's too big to handle easily.

We all know the answer to this one, blame the millennials

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Okay you have a good point.

what's more likely in the Sleepy Joe White house

-Another COV19 break-out similar to Trumo years?
-The dumbass rescue photo op rescue dogs go on another bite spree?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

etalian posted:

what's more likely in the Sleepy Joe White house

-Another COV19 break-out similar to Trumo years?
-The dumbass rescue photo op rescue dogs go on another bite spree?

why not both

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

pancake rabbit posted:

Joe Biden is old enough that a vaccinated case could very well knock him on his rear end

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Biden getting COVID like Trump but being more sick will make me miss Trump on Twitter a whole lot.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Theres's a big gap between cancer and unintentional injury/accidental death there, large enough for covid-19 to wax and wane seasonally and still stay the third largest cause of death in the US.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

did you guys hear

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gently caress this, if no one cares anymore I'm going to go to the baseball game tonight. I give up.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
lmao I'm going to have to start worrying about going to the grocery store again

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmbo next new hot spot there will be no new hot spot covid is defeated. We just have a thousand flu deaths a day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE
CAN OPEN MOUTH KISS
EACH OTHER IN PUBLIC

GROUP SNOWBALLING
AT THE PARK
AT 12.