Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haakman posted:

Yeah makes me sad. Pigs are awesome. Cops are not.

e: What a terrible snipe. Consider the post itself as pig tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Shouldn't have edited the snipe imo :perfect:

ngl I teared up a bit when I first saw the protest this morning & again when they got released :unsmith:

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

haakman posted:

Pigs can be vicious if you're not careful with them. I've known several people who've been seriously injured by pigs.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Borrovan posted:

Shouldn't have edited the snipe imo :perfect:

ngl I teared up a bit when I first saw the protest this morning & again when they got released :unsmith:

Same, first flicker of real hope I’ve felt in ages. Makes me really want to settle somewhere I won’t be leaving for a while and get similar capabilities going.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Soylent Yellow posted:

Pigs can be vicious if you're not careful with them. I've known several people who've been seriously injured by pigs.

Certainly can - there's an expression in the industry "Never trust a boar". OTOH being cuddled by piglets is great. Pigs, a land of contrasts.

haakman fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 13, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Soylent Yellow posted:

pigs are sus

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Pigs:

Old Major - good lad

Napoleon - kinda went off the rails at the end there

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Snowball - probably a nonce

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Had my first vaccination yesterday, feeling pretty rough today. Cheered to see the goings on in the news though, that's good stuff

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

pigs are sus
This is a severely underappreciated pun btw

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
They'll re-arrest them then charge them with some added counts of conspiracy and fleeing custody.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

They'll re-arrest them then charge them with some added counts of conspiracy and fleeing custody.
Resisting arrest by not comitting any crimes, the conniving bastards. It makes you sick. Couldn't make it up.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You can't say your own thing is underappreciated. Especially not like even 10 mins later.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bobby Deluxe posted:

maybe if you leave it even 10 minutes before getting self congratulatory it might be appreciated more

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seize the means of your own joke appreciation.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Excellent but of course the comments are a shitshow full of crybaby racist Rangers fans

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I appreciated your signposting as to why it should be appreciated.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It was a good pun tbf.

I wonder what came first, the genus or the pig call "sooooeeyyyy". Maybe they're connected via "sow" or else there were some real hillbilly sounding Roman pigfarmers

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Has anyone had any experience dealing with anti social firework use?
Since about 6 this evening I've had rockets exploding above my house, they seem to be launched from a pub garden 120 meters down the road. 8-9 rockets in the past 2 hours at random intervals, all exploding above my house, maybe 5 meters at most above roof level. Although one went off as I was taking a delivery in and exploded at roof height just above me and the delivery guy giving him a real fright and making my ears ring. I have two cats who are completely freaked out at this point and live opposite sheltered housing for the elderly so I assume loud explosions aren't doing them any good.
So yeah, anyone got any experience with something like this or any advice? It would be appreciated thank you.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1392900938831220736
Between this and Keith's message about Palestine, has a memo gone out telling Labour bigwigs to at least try and appear less poo poo on Twitter?

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

Since about 6 this evening I've had rockets exploding above my house, they seem to be launched from a pub garden 120 meters down the road. 8-9 rockets in the past 2 hours at random intervals, all exploding above my house, maybe 5 meters at most above roof level. Although one went off as I was taking a delivery in and exploded at roof height just above me and the delivery guy giving him a real fright and making my ears ring. I have two cats who are completely freaked out at this point and live opposite sheltered housing for the elderly so I assume loud explosions aren't doing them any good.
So yeah, anyone got any experience with something like this or any advice? It would be appreciated thank you.

Something that's been going on for two hours, on one evening, presumably for the first time ever since you've lived there?

I'd probably do nothing tbh, apart from quietly get annoyed.

jabby fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 13, 2021

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

If it's a pub then contact them and ask what they're doing and when they're planning on stopping?

The plod won't do poo poo unless it's an ongoing issue from people they want to hassle, and ACAB anyway so don't call them unless you've got literally no other option.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Maugrim posted:

I don't think I've seen Thomas Paine post in quite a while actually

i've been very busy wanking!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

I wonder what came first, the genus or the pig call

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Enjoy the free show

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Got a text to get a jab tomorrow, which is a bit odd given I'm not yet 30. I guess they have Pfizer to spare. Guess I'm getting jabbed and then going to eat some fudge and paint some Warhammer.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

jabby posted:

Something that's been going on for two hours, on one evening, presumably for the first time ever since you've lived there?

I'd probably do nothing tbh, apart from quietly get annoyed.

No, there's been an issue since last autumn of one, maybe two fireworks being let off on random days usually around 8.30. It stopped around February of this year and I had hoped that was the end of it. I've never had multiple rockets explode above my house in a 2 hour period though.

I've got the quietly annoyed bit perfected right now. As long as posting is still counted as being quiet.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Got my first Pfizer shot on Tuesday, nothing but a bruise feeling in my arm. Is it necessary going to be 11 weeks until my second?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1392875339064426502

Amusing to think this has only been going on since last autumn

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

Have you considered moving away from Gaza?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Everybody realising he’s shite at the same time isn’t a “co-ordinated attack”

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

TACD posted:

Everybody realising he’s shite at the same time isn’t a “co-ordinated attack”

OTOH I bet the Tory-appointed BBC management are given a private call when convenient for the government.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sebzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1392875339064426502

Amusing to think this has only been going on since last autumn

I'm sure this european flag guy with the Simon Hedges bio was just as outraged when the media did exactly the same poo poo and worse to Corbyn in the preceding years too

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't believe the government attacked the opposition.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OwlFancier posted:

Can't believe the government attacked the opposition.

I think it's the 'co-ordinated' part that's the outrageous part there. Which journalist was it that convinced a Labour cabinet member under Corbyn to resign live on air to get a shock headline? It's that sort of corruption that it's okay to get mad at.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose I find the notion of journalists being "impartial" to be incredibly laughable.

BBC is the state broadcaster, I don't know why people expect it to do anything other than what the government tells it to or even if it were somehow independent, that it would not be supporting the tories anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Deliberately spending years (in UK, USA especially but also India, France) destroying trust in any media right before a pandemic was an especially smart move of various governments.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

namesake posted:

I think it's the 'co-ordinated' part that's the outrageous part there. Which journalist was it that convinced a Labour cabinet member under Corbyn to resign live on air to get a shock headline? It's that sort of corruption that it's okay to get mad at.

Yer let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water here

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

haakman posted:

This is why ‘filth’ is by far the most appropriate way to refer to them

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Noxville posted:

This is why ‘filth’ is by far the most appropriate way to refer to them

I've always found 'class traitor' to really wind some of them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I really feel for all of you desperate to get the vaccine but are too young, because those NHS ads and Facebook invitations to add the 'I've had my vaccine' frame to my profile felt like they were mocking me too.

If you're concerned about which one you'll get, apparently some of the larger vaccination centres are phasing out AZ and will stock only Pfizer and Moderna (or will only be offering AZ as the second jab on specific days). One of the large centres in my county stopped AZ earlier this week, partly because they're open evenings and weekends which is more convenient for under-40s who are now expected to go back into their workplaces. The smaller pharmacy or surgery vaccination clinics are less likely to have the freezers needed for Pfizer and have shorter opening hours.