Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some people nonetheless voted for parties that aren't Conservative, which has prevented their victory from being total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How could that vicious antisemite Jeremy Corbyn do this

https://twitter.com/simon_schama/status/1392574811164061700?s=19

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jose posted:

Hell, if Zuckerberg says it's cool who are we to argue?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the actual bill will cut government funding to universities who don't let holocaust deniers and others give speeches if some insane students want them there

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is the blow to cancel culture we've been needing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Really this is perfectly in line with the liberal principle of tolerating all opinions and letting people think for themselves.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Really this is perfectly in line with the liberal principle of tolerating all opinions and letting people think for themselves.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant! It has no other applications, just disinfecting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao at the greens being the party of aspiration Vs labour

https://twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1392780914183360513?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/wyndoves/status/1392747124572495873

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1392748949404934144?s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Keir Starmer is close to the platonic idea of a technocrat, centrist politician: incompetent, unpopular, and with a long career in front of him.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

bedpan posted:

Keir Starmer is close to the platonic idea of a technocrat, centrist politician: incompetent, unpopular, and with a long career in front of him.

Christ you're right, hadn't even thought but with how bad he's failing obviously he's gonna be around forever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ie they love fascists

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pistol_Pete posted:

That was my rant for the day, hope you all liked it :)

High-five, fellow Corbynite.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

lol he’s lost his core demographic

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

ro5s posted:

lol he’s lost his core demographic

It's so telling that his core demographic is people who vote for other parties.

It's like asking loving deep red republican voters why the dems don't work.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jose posted:

'ate corbyn. luv 'olocaust denial

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

How can there be a new holocaust if there never was one? Simple, innit?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The Holocaust never happened, even though I wish it did

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If I Did It by Sr. Adolfo Hifter

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

guardian columnist reports mouth not full of blood; tests reveal it is actually victory wine

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Some good new in this shithole country.

https://twitter.com/TopNewsWorks/status/1392803483489906696

https://twitter.com/taru_sisko/status/1392886435447967746

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

bedpan posted:

Hilldawg without the idpol boost

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/stefmowords/status/1392802739441315846?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Kier, on his knees: oh my god, I was wrong. It was Corbyn all along

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

you finally made an antisemite out of meeeeeeeee

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also his mouth isn't filled with bloodm, it's victory wine

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 20:25 on May 13, 2021

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

what i heard was that the report said it was all overblown and corbyn said "yeah this report says it was all overblown" and keir suspended him from the party because he knew the press would print headlines that said "corbyn suspended from party after damning antisemitism report released"

The report's main criticism of the leadership was that it interfered in the complaints process (mostly by accelerating the suspension of prominent people who said antisemitic things). The report also specifically said in its recommendations that future discussion or questioning of the scale of antisemitism in the party should not be considered antisemitism.

Starmer immediately accused Corbyn of antisemitism for questioning the scale of antisemitism in the party (in relation to how it was reported in the media) and bypassed the usual process to swiftly suspend him.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I highly recommend those who haven't to at least skim through the report. The fact that "corbyn interfered to keep Ken in the party" has become the narrative when it's very directly stated to be false AND ken was still getting interviews about it during corb's suspension!!! makes me so loving livid.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It does also state that if tackling antisemitism was a real priority for corb he would have reformed the complaints/disciplinary procedures and instead he didn't and just dealt only with stuff that came in through the media.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Also his mouth isn't filled with bloodm, it's victory wine

lol

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I love all the press I see
From squishy lib to Sun Nazi
No they'll never make an anti-Semite out of me
Oh my god
I was wrong
It was J. Corbs all along
Well you finally made an anti-semite
(Yes we finally made an anti-semite)
Yes you finally made an anti-semite out of meeeeeeee!

I HATE YOU JEREMY CORBYN!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Valko posted:

I suppose I should clarify. I have no sympathy for leave voters. Ask them why, there are many different answers and none of them make sense. I've been in arguments and debates about it with hardcore Irish republicans who voted leave - like one time me and two long distance lorry drivers once tried to convince an old woman republican why it was stupid.

Every time it looked like we might be getting through to her and making sense it was like a switch flipped in her head. She just screamed "I'm an Irish woman and I voted leave!" We couldn't seem to convince her it wasn't anything like a vote on leaving the UK. There are as many people as dumb as that on the Loyalist side too.

We had quite some time to prepare for brexit, too. In that time I am sure lots of people accepted it and tried to mitigate the incoming damage. But how many times have we heard a staunch leaver say something like "This isn't the brexit I voted for!" then someone will try to explain the situation - and now they see it as a personal attack.

People like this are everywhere. I'm fed up trying to convince them. It's pointless. The tories got in on the promise of delivering brexit despite 10 years of savage victorian style misrule which they all decided to ignore.

And you better drat believe I'll be spiteful about it and call them stupid if I want.

Irish republicans supporting Brexit makes sense to me

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
bad news lads...

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Quotey posted:

bad news lads...

Too bad it's not Jezza

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Saw a Professor arguing that it's good that Holocaust deniers etc can speak in Universities and can be rightly debated as though the problem with these people is that they just don't have access to the right facts.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

DrVenkman posted:

Saw a Professor arguing that it's good that Holocaust deniers etc can speak in Universities and can be rightly debated as though the problem with these people is that they just don't have access to the right facts.

Invite them then beat them to death imo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

gonadic io posted:

It does also state that if tackling antisemitism was a real priority for corb he would have reformed the complaints/disciplinary procedures and instead he didn't and just dealt only with stuff that came in through the media.

Didn't it also come out that there were motions in place to fix up the procedures, but they had been completely smothered by the Keith faction? Or was that only revealed later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagine being smothered by Keith. Just sticking his sweaty hand over your face and crying because it's taking too long