Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Grimlock is the real star of this set anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the xtransbots andras (scourge) i ordered turned up today, and i have to say i like him a lot. it seems like xtransbots has a lesser reputation, but i have their seaspray, cosmos, and now scourge, and all of them have been great. each has come with a lot of fun accessories and had fun transformation schemes. the styling is slightly less cartoon accurate than the fans toys bots i have, but i'm not a huge stickler for that. as long as it looks cool i'm down, although I like em to actually look like the character.

like this scourge has a matrix chamber that fits the mp-10 matrix like he does in that one episode, he has a little pop out plasma key from that other episode, he can even pop his head out in vehicle mode like he does when he gets possessed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DigitalRaven posted:

From the look of it, the chest and arms transform a bit differently too, so the back of the car doesn't have the "front" from the chest just hanging out.

Just the new way the arms transform is a big improvement to the car mode. No idea how it looks from behind, of course.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Man that Grimlock is not a worthy successor to BW Grimlock

But what am I going to do, not order it?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Phy posted:

Just the new way the arms transform is a big improvement to the car mode. No idea how it looks from behind, of course.

True. If I hadn't just got the regular BW Dinobot I'd be all over this set, but that much for just a Mirage ain't worth it.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I think I’m gonna have to buy all the fanshobby jr headmasters.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Anil Dikshit posted:

theyve only done the autobot ones so far right? I really want them to do the decepticons

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The ultimate headmaster.

He hates Mondays.

radlum
May 13, 2013
What would be a fair price for the Earthrise Skywarp/Thundercracker Target exclusive? I don't live in the US so finding it on a Target would be impossible, but don't wanna be scammed online by someone overpricing them too much

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

eBay shows me prices between $80-100 USD, retail price was $60

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Last Call posted:

The ultimate headmaster.

He hates Mondays.

Are you Quinton Reviews or are there multiple of these in existence

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Anil Dikshit posted:

Yup.

radlum posted:

What would be a fair price for the Earthrise Skywarp/Thundercracker Target exclusive? I don't live in the US so finding it on a Target would be impossible, but don't wanna be scammed online by someone overpricing them too much

You can preorder the set from BBTS for $65.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the xtransbots andras (scourge) i ordered turned up today, and i have to say i like him a lot. it seems like xtransbots has a lesser reputation, but i have their seaspray, cosmos, and now scourge, and all of them have been great. each has come with a lot of fun accessories and had fun transformation schemes. the styling is slightly less cartoon accurate than the fans toys bots i have, but i'm not a huge stickler for that. as long as it looks cool i'm down, although I like em to actually look like the character.

like this scourge has a matrix chamber that fits the mp-10 matrix like he does in that one episode, he has a little pop out plasma key from that other episode, he can even pop his head out in vehicle mode like he does when he gets possessed.

The new edition of Andras has some fixes that make it a much better figure than it was. In particular the clearance on the feet folding out from inside the shin pieces is much, much easier than before. On the original edition that was one of the most difficult transformation steps I have ever seen in almost 40 years of changing toy robots into other things. He's one of their better efforts, even with that, though, and I did get the new one just because I liked the color more. XTB stuff almost always has some weird clearance problem or a step that forces you to bend plastic an uncomfortable way to get one piece around another, and they just lack the elegance of a Maketoys or Fans Toys piece most of the time. Even their Menasor has that in one step, and wow should I not have to bend a toy that expensive in a way that might break it just to make it do the one thing it's built to do. They're good, certainly I have many XTB figures, mainly to fill holes in the MP collection that nobody else has stepped up on, but I have gladly replaced their Cyclonus, Seaspray, and Beachcomber with FT versions, and Andras will be replaced by FT Scourge whenever that time comes, too. They're just not on the level of FT, MT, or MMC by any stretch much of the time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I like my Arkose/Beachcomber. He's got a backpack, but also he's a hippie and all the hippies I know like to go on hikes with their backpacks, so that checks out. The 2.0 version's shortened heel spurs makes a definite impalement hazard for the driver and passengers in the vehicle mode, though.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ive got about enough money to make one more transformers purchase for a while, and im torn between:

- maketoys starscream reissue
- fans toys cyclonus
- shockingly going for the new masterpiece starscream

of the three cyclonus would be the most expensive, maketoys starscream the least, and the new masterpiece starscream in the middle. i have one of the maketoys coneheads, and i think he's pretty great, but i find him hard to pose with the weird little spike on the inner edge of his heel. i really like how the new official starscream looks, but i am concerned about qc problems like there were with Hound or mp-44's knees.

i do not currently have any representation of cyclonus or starscream, and both are the missing piece of the 'main trio' of their respective seasons.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

Are you Quinton Reviews or are there multiple of these in existence

The original is from Obvious Plant, a guy that creates fake bootlegs for comedy, and the rest are copies of it.

Edit: Found it!
https://mobile.twitter.com/obviousplant_/status/1083074661997469696

Droyer fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 12, 2021

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

ive got about enough money to make one more transformers purchase for a while, and im torn between:

- maketoys starscream reissue
- fans toys cyclonus
- shockingly going for the new masterpiece starscream

of the three cyclonus would be the most expensive, maketoys starscream the least, and the new masterpiece starscream in the middle. i have one of the maketoys coneheads, and i think he's pretty great, but i find him hard to pose with the weird little spike on the inner edge of his heel. i really like how the new official starscream looks, but i am concerned about qc problems like there were with Hound or mp-44's knees.

i do not currently have any representation of cyclonus or starscream, and both are the missing piece of the 'main trio' of their respective seasons.

Fans Toys Cyclonus is no joke one of the top 5 figures in my almost 2000 piece collection. And I don't even like Cyclonus as a character very much. One of the best transforming toys of all time. So I suggest that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

my almost 2000 piece collection.
You can’t say things like that and then not post photos of it.

I haven’t done a full head count of my collection, but it’s a fuckin’ lot.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Fans Toys Cyclonus is no joke one of the top 5 figures in my almost 2000 piece collection. And I don't even like Cyclonus as a character very much. One of the best transforming toys of all time. So I suggest that.

gently caress, now I want to count just what’s on display, and I can’t til I get done with work.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

What are my options if I want to try watching Beast Wars? Also, is it worth it to even try? I saw most of the first episode, and a few small clips. It doesn’t seem to be officially on any streaming services.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Beast Wars is still one of the best transformers shows they've made, so I'd still give it a watch, yes. first season has some good stuff but can be a bit all over the place, it's season 2 and 3 that really get good. Not sure where to watch it outside of buying the DVDs or something though.

speaking of beast wars, is that fella who did the first episode in HD going to upres the rest of the series?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Probably not because he's trying to use it to grift people into paying for him to get a powerful new computer, iirc he was trying to do the same thing with ReBoot. I don't think his Kickstarter has been very successful.

With the way these AI upscaling programs are going it's only a matter of time before some other fan decides to do the whole show and upload it someplace. It would take next to no effort for Hasbro to remaster it and put it on a streaming service.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

They’re gunna be in WFC Kingdom, so that’s at least an updated CGI look on the characters.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

shadowvine118 posted:

What are my options if I want to try watching Beast Wars? Also, is it worth it to even try? I saw most of the first episode, and a few small clips. It doesn’t seem to be officially on any streaming services.

The DVDs are pretty cheap, I found a set of Season 2&3 in a bargain bin for like $5. I've only seen season 1 for $20, but if you can get the whole series for $25 that's not bad.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

You can’t say things like that and then not post photos of it.

I haven’t done a full head count of my collection, but it’s a fuckin’ lot.

A good number of them are boxed up, in part because I want to pare things down to way less than 2000. But they do have their own room in the house.

Not shown: Kingdom stuff, which has yet to be put on display, and Unicron, who is still hogging the dining room table.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

shadowvine118 posted:

It's on Tubi, or was until recently!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Keldroc posted:

well, i hosed up and hesitated a day too long and missed out on showz's stock of cyclonus, so i'm poo poo outta luck on that front i guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

shadowvine118 posted:

:filez:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally found WFC Beast Wars Megatron in store.... he’s amazing. This is one transformer that definitely makes me say “yes”

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Finally found WFC Beast Wars Megatron in store.... he’s amazing. This is one transformer that definitely makes me say “yes”

I saw him too and grabbed him on sight for my son as a present later. He looks amazing and the only thing stopping me from wanting one too is the fact that I have the Masterpiece version.

It's REALLY tempting tho.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiftypenguin posted:

I saw him too and grabbed him on sight for my son as a present later. He looks amazing and the only thing stopping me from wanting one too is the fact that I have the Masterpiece version.

It's REALLY tempting tho.

Honestly he's probably superior to the Masterpiece in all but size.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Can he take his tail off and use his left arm like a regular dude? Don't forget about that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Can he take his tail off and use his left arm like a regular dude? Don't forget about that.

Kind of yes

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's not removable but he has a hand in there.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Haha I thought I had found a Cheetor and immediately grabbed it

Got it home, opened the box, got it out

Surprise, bitch! It’s transformers Red you dumb motherfucker

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvKrbghDgI

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I do kinda worry about the soft plastic, like, long term is it gonna get slimy, and short term the bits on his tail are a real pain to crank around and I feel like I should shave em down

But I suppose I am a bit of a worrywart

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

well, i hosed up and hesitated a day too long and missed out on showz's stock of cyclonus, so i'm poo poo outta luck on that front i guess.

I'm a big fan of the Maketoys Seeker mold. Obviously I can't compare to the Takara 2.0 one because I've never seen one in person, but I'm real happy with the MT version. The new Takara one will have to have some stellar reviews to convince me to buy the Seekers a fourth time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

I do kinda worry about the soft plastic, like, long term is it gonna get slimy, and short term the bits on his tail are a real pain to crank around and I feel like I should shave em down

But I suppose I am a bit of a worrywart

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sockser posted:

Haha I thought I had found a Cheetor and immediately grabbed it

Got it home, opened the box, got it out

Surprise, bitch! It’s transformers Red you dumb motherfucker

loving same only i bought it online. oh well hes kinda cool i guess. and he comes with the gutz gun