Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
New York Times confirming ground troops have entered Gaza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

Needle getting ready to report casualties

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You guys need to post your sources when making big announcements. "Ground operations" is intentionally vague terminology that doesn't necessarily mean an invasion. So far I'm just seeing news of an increase in the strikes on Gaza, which if you consider bombardment from tanks & artillery to be coming from the ground then that makes them "ground operations."

https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1392958142477131779?s=20

Someone jumped the gun, Al Jazeera is broadcasting from Gaza and all they're showing are the increased air strikes

E: guess now I'm the one who's behind

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1392947182735532033?s=19

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
All we can really hope for at this point is that the max number of settlers get taken down along with the victims of this ethnic cleansing

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
IDF = Israel doesn't gently caress

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hell ya but also good luck with that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1392961435282681859?s=20

Chuka Umana posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/13/world/israel-gaza-news

The New York Times ticker bases that solely on the IDF tweet.

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1392953390443991040?s=20

"Attacking in the Gaza strip" is again, intentionally vague. If the invasion had begun it'd be all over Arabic social media.

The attacks haven't had much impact on the rocket launches, btw.

https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1392963973184688130?s=20

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/netanyahu/status/1392960177289277452

quote:

I said that we would charge a very heavy price from Hamas. We do this and we will continue to do so with great intensity.

The last word was not said and this operation will continue as long as necessary.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Where do Palestinians go for justice?
Where do they go?
Where?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

artillery strikes? is this smart artillery that doesnt hit civilians

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The posting war will not stop until I get the last word in.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Popy posted:

Where do they go?
Where?

the mattresses

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/42M4rvin/status/1392948241419935748?s=20
https://twitter.com/Palestinianism/status/1392919198796505088?s=20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Popy posted:

Where do they go?
Where?

the mortar pit

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Wait this poo poo got started because Israel is evicting Palestinians from their homes in the West Bank so they can make way for more illegal Israeli settlements there, which is called ethnic cleansing if I'm not mistaken, and the Palestinians fought back with rockets and now we are supposed to believe that Israel is acting in self defense?

Do I have this right?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

they are also demolishing a different neighborhood for a biblical theme park

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Taco Duck posted:

Wait this poo poo got started because Israel is evicting Palestinians from their homes in the West Bank so they can make way for more illegal Israeli settlements there, which is called ethnic cleansing if I'm not mistaken, and the Palestinians fought back with rockets and now we are supposed to believe that Israel is acting in self defense?

Do I have this right?

missing a couple steps of israeli agression in east jerusalem between the ethnic cleansing and the rockets but otherwise you're pretty close

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a couple of KKKahanist mobs tried to force the people from the homes a couple of times in the past few months and cops attacked the Palestinian defenders, but yeah that's a part of the immediate background

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Taco Duck posted:

Do I have this right?

it happened because its complicated.. religion is a hell of a beast... people on both sides need to learn compassion and respect

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taco Duck posted:

Do I have this right?

east jerusalem is a separate entity from the west bank so no you are technically wrong and cancelled for anti israeli thought

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Popy posted:

Where do they go?
Where?

verified libs with 2k followers on Twitter

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

they are also demolishing a different neighborhood for a biblical theme park

I'm not sure if this is a joke

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

THS posted:

it happened because its complicated.. religion is a hell of a beast... people on both sides need to learn compassion and respect

this is what happens when people believe in their sky gods........ dont look into the land rights any further.... its all sky wizard

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Bullfrog posted:

this is what happens when people believe in their sky gods........ dont look into the land rights any further.... its all sky wizard

sending leaders of hamas and likud copies of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

If they pull of a rwandan genocide, would we even know?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bullfrog posted:

Much better to follow earth wizards

Definitely don't gently caress with sea wizards though

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Taco Duck posted:

Do I have this right?

yes, except it was their homes in Jerusalem, not the West Bank

and IDF also invaded and damaged one of the most ancient and holy mosques in the world, and shot Palestinians inside of it. Also, social media was flooded with videos of settlers attacking Palestinians and cheering the violence, and saying they want to kill all arabs and whatnot.

Then Palestinians retaliated. But Nazi media is gonna portray it as the opposite, as always

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

a couple of KKKahanist mobs tried to force the people from the homes a couple of times in the past few months and cops attacked the Palestinian defenders, but yeah that's a part of the immediate background

They attacked the Al-Aqsa compound multiple times, and invaded the mosque with rubber bullets & stun grenades on the holiest day of Ramadan, also.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dti

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You'd think more posters would bring up the worst affront to Islam outside of Saudi Arabia in living memory, but the media has already memory holed the Al-Aqsa attack behind the crescendo of violence.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

most egregiously of all, they committed property damage against the Palestinians. I’m given to understand that libs consider this one of the worst kinds of violence, so I’ve got my :thunk: face on right now about why they’re not more upset about it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I assumed the attacks on Al-Aqsa were post-"poo poo's real," but yeah most people probably weren't paying attention at that point

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

dads friend steve posted:

most egregiously of all, they committed property damage against the Palestinians. I’m given to understand that libs consider this one of the worst kinds of violence, so I’ve got my :thunk: face on right now about why they’re not more upset about it

property that belongs to non-white people doesn't count

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You'd think more posters would bring up the worst affront to Islam outside of Saudi Arabia in living memory, but the media has already memory holed the Al-Aqsa attack behind the crescendo of violence.

it's just a preview for Israelis wanting to build a Third Temple

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Taco Duck posted:

I'm not sure if this is a joke

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

horrific

https://twitter.com/hzomlot/status/1392969770681737216

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

glad I can sit idly by while israel commits another genocide because even obliquely discussing doing anything about it is illegal

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rah! posted:

But Palestinians are white passing while Israelis are PoC? This is all so complicated, who can make sense of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

well duh, see all the eminent domain poo poo done to destroy minority communities in various cities when building the highway system