Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!
https://twitter.com/elizabethklave3/status/1392679079883812865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This could've gone so much worse for him (and this is the only version of this I have and it's a fine version)

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qsn746CaaQ1sjcnrz.mp4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

tag urself, I'm the internal frostbite injuries

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's negligence. The rider was negligent with his and the passengers' safety. He blatantly tried passing in oncoming traffic, playing chicken with the other drivers, and he deservedly lost.

Ride a motorcycle and have fun, but don't go blaming someone else when you cross the line into oncoming traffic.

Yeah it's this reason you leather bootlickers. This prick couldn't wait for five goddamned minutes to get around a wide vehicle, crossed a white line, and got his/her/their poo poo smashed in.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/colfox_/status/1045488547027914752

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

A buddy of mine had an H2 back in the day, and I was shocked to find that something so large could feel so cramped on the inside. Truly a wonder of engineering.

if you think that's large but cramped you should see the inside of a real humvee

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I won't say they deserve to die, but gently caress them forever for trying to pass in what is clearly a no passing zone around a larger, view obstructing vehicle, on a road turning to the right where you can't see if there's oncoming traffic. They put their passenger at risk for no reason. Just wait a bit.
lol @ all the motorcyclist/cyclist self identifying with the rider in the gif, that's like a car driver coming to defend driving culture any time someone post a gif that involves a car

just laugh at how idiotic the specific rider was and move on, no one is attacking you for following road rules or just avoid dying on the road

also that poor driver that hit the motorbike, you can see them veering to the opposite side already but can't go any further due to another car right next to them, or else it would have been a head on collision

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

coke posted:

lol @ all the motorcyclist/cyclist self identifying with the rider in the gif, that's like a car driver coming to defend driving culture any time someone post a gif that involves a car

coke posted:

also that poor driver that hit the motorbike, you can see them veering to the opposite side already but can't go any further due to another car right next to them, or else it would have been a head on collision

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/VjvM0eL.mp4

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

he tried to pass on a turn by getting into the lane of oncoming traffic that he couldn't see, this would be funny no matter what vehicle he was in

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Victory is gators.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The only thing more enraging than a bike making an illegal pass and endangering themselves and others, is a semi truck making an illegal pass and endangering everyone.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Florida's a mistake, thankfully that gator up there is fighting back.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

coke posted:

just laugh at how idiotic the specific rider was and move on, no one is attacking you for following road rules or just avoid dying on the road

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That has to be parody.

Then again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcOXbqDlwzE

Highlight at 3:00

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 14, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/rjvlTUM.gifv

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Vlaphor posted:

This could've gone so much worse for him (and this is the only version of this I have and it's a fine version)

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qsn746CaaQ1sjcnrz.mp4

:goonsay: Uh, clearly that's YolTorShul, not FusRoDah.

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That has to be parody.

Then again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcOXbqDlwzE

Highlight at 3:00

Australian tv sucks

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

hahaha gently caress I didn't realise this was in Florida

Florida doesn't even get gas from the pipeline that the company that owns it shutdown.

Also, just to be clear, the pipeline still one hundred percent works fine, it's just that the company that owns it has had their business systems hacked, so they can't take payments for gas, so they shut it down.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

- Told you I'd have my revenge, Mike.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Memento posted:

Also, just to be clear, the pipeline still one hundred percent works fine, it's just that the company that owns it has had their business systems hacked, so they can't take payments for gas, so they shut it down.

Yeah this is the thing that I feel has not been made clear enough. Everyone keeps yelling about the pipeline being shut down by a cyberattack like this was Stuxnet and the malware actually attacked the SCADA systems running the pumps - the ACTUAL thing that shut the pipeline was capitalism, because Colonial was unwilling to pump gas through the pipeline for free.

I mean sure, the cyberattack was bad and America's infrastructure in general is a dumpster fire that is almost certainly vulnerable to Stuxnet type attacks, but this particular one wasn't actually a compromise of the critical infrastructure, it was a compromise of the business behind it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Yeah this is the thing that I feel has not been made clear enough. Everyone keeps yelling about the pipeline being shut down by a cyberattack like this was Stuxnet and the malware actually attacked the SCADA systems running the pumps - the ACTUAL thing that shut the pipeline was capitalism, because Colonial was unwilling to pump gas through the pipeline for free.

They also had a lot of people working from home. Shutting down your network links once some of your systems have been owned is a good idea, capitalism or not.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Sagebrush posted:

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ is better than flightradar imo because it shows all the flights. FlightRadar doesn't show military flights even if they've got their transponders on, but I've spotted everything from T-38s to U-2s on adsbexchange. And more egregiously, FR has a program where rich people can pay to have their flights hidden from the interface. gently caress you Elon (N628TS) I see you flying to Europe in the middle of the lockdown.

FlightRadar has better coverage over the oceans but who cares about boring tubeliners going over the oceans.
This site is super interesting. I live near Camp Lejeune, and it definitely shows some military craft, but specifically seems to exclude the Ospreys that are constantly flying overhead. The Super Stallions show up, along with the occasional military cargo plane, but no ospreys.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Organic Landmine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUL2SQ77uQ

Couldn't have managed to do that more cleanly if you tried.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I mean sure, the cyberattack was bad and America's infrastructure in general is a dumpster fire that is almost certainly vulnerable to Stuxnet type attacks, but this particular one wasn't actually a compromise of the critical infrastructure, it was a compromise of the business behind it.

President Biden, invoke “P”.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

How new is that vehicle? Because that looks expensive to fix.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

How new is that vehicle? Because that looks expensive to fix.

It's just the plastic bumper. It's designed to be easy to replace.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Still, could be a thousand bucks to replace and paint the cover if it was actually damaged

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Memento posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUL2SQ77uQ

Couldn't have managed to do that more cleanly if you tried.

LOGISTICS

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

It's just the plastic bumper. It's designed to be easy to replace.

The stuff that's meant to hold it on and make it safe to hit in an accident, however, likely aren't. Whatever the cost, maybe don't creep up on an ancient tooth monster like your expensive land hog isn't going to get treated accordingly.

I'm surprised half the bumper wasn't eaten before it realized it wasn't a thing it could actually eat.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

SamBishop posted:

The stuff that's meant to hold it on and make it safe to hit in an accident, however, likely aren't. Whatever the cost, maybe don't creep up on an ancient tooth monster like your expensive land hog isn't going to get treated accordingly.

I'm surprised half the bumper wasn't eaten before it realized it wasn't a thing it could actually eat.

That looked like a defensive strike. From the reptile's perspective there's thing thing that's slowly creeping up on it and it's BIGGER than it is and ignoring all your warnings of "I have a big strong mouth full of sharp things" so if it's not backing down, tear a chunk off and see if gets the picture.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Platystemon posted:

President Biden, invoke “P”.

Pretty sure there isn‘t any left after Trump

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Smik posted:

That looked like a defensive strike. From the reptile's perspective there's thing thing that's slowly creeping up on it and it's BIGGER than it is and ignoring all your warnings of "I have a big strong mouth full of sharp things" so if it's not backing down, tear a chunk off and see if gets the picture.

Honestly, I would never know, but yeah, exactly. Evolution says "don't gently caress with this" and Chode Dudebro decided to creep up and find out. Regardless, deep, deep nature shade on this one.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

SamBishop posted:

The stuff that's meant to hold it on and make it safe to hit in an accident

lol lets talk about UTVs and their nonexistent road safety standards because the manufacturers slap "NOT FOR ROAD USE" all over the health warnings in every seat and under the sunvisors in them.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Sorry, a car that's not for road use?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

More like 80MPH quad with the visual suggestion of a rollcage

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

"Im in a small cty in FL. We rarely see the craziness that the rest of the country does."

Hang the gently caress on bozo;
You're in Florida and you think you're better than us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spookykid posted:

lol lets talk about UTVs and their nonexistent road safety standards because the manufacturers slap "NOT FOR ROAD USE" all over the health warnings in every seat and under the sunvisors in them.

I'm pretty sure the one the alligator is mauling is a Jeep of some sort. UTVs are a different beast altogether, Polaris RZR and Kawasaki Teryx and the like.