Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

So is it just me or does this filibuster seem like one of those things that the lads come up with in the bar in the wee hours and then get carried away with? I mean even the yellow press is starting to mock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Sulphagnist posted:

So is it just me or does this filibuster seem like one of those things that the lads come up with in the bar in the wee hours and then get carried away with? I mean even the yellow press is starting to mock it.

It's only mockworthy because Eerola bragged pre-emptively about the delay until autumn plan, and wrecked their opportunity to actually implement that plan by boring everyone else until they got their in-chamber majority.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Äärioikeisto yrittää parhaillaan aktiivisesti tuhota edustuksellisen demokratian uskottavuutta sisältä käsin. Ja mielipidemittauksissa joka viides suomalainen äänestäisi näitä pellejä. :tif:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Nenonen posted:

Äärioikeisto yrittää parhaillaan aktiivisesti tuhota edustuksellisen demokratian uskottavuutta sisältä käsin. Ja mielipidemittauksissa joka viides suomalainen äänestäisi näitä pellejä. :tif:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
In these current times, only a fifth of your country being pieces of rat poo poo is a pretty amazing result.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

In these current times, only a fifth of your country being pieces of rat poo poo is a pretty amazing result.

Giving a lot of credit to Kok voters here

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Jatkuva leikkauspolitiikka fasisteja luo. Nyt sitä satoa niitetään.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Ornedan posted:

It's only mockworthy because Eerola bragged pre-emptively about the delay until autumn plan, and wrecked their opportunity to actually implement that plan by boring everyone else until they got their in-chamber majority.

IIRC Eerola was even dumber than that. Vehviläinen realized the risk and didn't yield the speakership to Eerola, saying she was worried Eerola would do this. Instead of the standard persu move of playing the victim and denying everything (which they are now attempting to do by taking the case to the constitutional committee), Eerola actually admitted he would have done it!

We can't trust having a persu in the speaker's council as long as the parliament operates on unwritten codes of conduct.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That might've been a way for Eerola to gain cred with the anti-EU nuts without actually having to do it.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

doverhog posted:

That might've been a way for Eerola to gain cred with the anti-EU nuts without actually having to do it.

Ah yes, Persut, famous 5th dimension chess players.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary

Fish of hemp posted:

Ah yes, Persut, famous 5th dimension chess players.

Täytyy aina kuitenkin suhteuttaa kohdeyleisöön

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'm scratching my head over what the real goal of this filibuster is even. I mean Väyrynen at least had a clear goal in postponing the vote until Sweden voted on joining the EU, but here the goal is unclear. I really doubt they seriously think that they're gonna get enough no-votes out from the other parties with this shenanigan - which they claim - so I have to conclude this being an election campaign of some sort.

It's all hosed up, and probably their supporters love it.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

There is no goal except to make a show and break stuff. It's enough for them and it's enough for their supporters. Isn't democracy fun?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I'm scratching my head over what the real goal of this filibuster is even. I mean Väyrynen at least had a clear goal in postponing the vote until Sweden voted on joining the EU, but here the goal is unclear. I really doubt they seriously think that they're gonna get enough no-votes out from the other parties with this shenanigan - which they claim - so I have to conclude this being an election campaign of some sort.

What happens to the agreement EU-side if Finland stalls forever? Can the aid be distributed anyway (with hope of retroactive approval) or would Finland have to be cut out or would the whole thing also stall?

I guess PS could keep this poo poo going until next eduskuntavaalit, unless there's some earlier procedural hard limit.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ornedan posted:

What happens to the agreement EU-side if Finland stalls forever? Can the aid be distributed anyway (with hope of retroactive approval) or would Finland have to be cut out or would the whole thing also stall?

I guess PS could keep this poo poo going until next eduskuntavaalit, unless there's some earlier procedural hard limit.

PS can't stall forever, this isn't the U.S. Senate. They in fact can't keep this poo poo going. Probably going to vote on it next week.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Iltiksen mukaan ainakin tässä oli jotain kohellusta ja tähän persut yrittivät tarttua.

quote:

Perussuomalaiset oli sitä mieltä, että pöydälle panosta ei voida enää äänestää, koska Vähämäen esitykseen ei tehty yöllä vastaesitystä. Filatovin mukaan vastaesitystä ei tässä tapauksessa tarvittu, koska asia oli jo pantu pöydälle.

– Meidän näkemyksemme on, että koska me olemme tehneet validin pöytäysesityksen eilen ja koska sille ei ole tehty silloin vastaesitystä, se on hyväksytty ja tämä elpymispakettiasia on pöydällä 30.6. asti, perussuomalaisten puheenjohtaja Jussi Halla-aho kommentoi Iltalehdelle ennen äänestystä.

Lopulta noin kello 15.20 saatiin äänestettyä siitä, lykätäänkö elpymispaketin käsittelyä kesäkuun lopulle saakka, kuten perussuomalaiset olivat torstain ja perjantain välisenä yönä esittäneet.

Eduskunta päätti äänin 68–38, että asiaa ei lykätä, vaan keskustelu salissa jatkuu.

Jotta asia olisi mahdollisimman sekainen, perjantaina eduskunnasta kerrottiin, että kyse olisikin siitä, että SDP:n keskiviikkoinen pöytääminen tehtiin väärin, koska se olisi pitänyt tehdä seuraavan päivän istuntoon.

Tämän tulkinnan mukaan PS:n torstain ja perjantain välisenä yönä tekemä pöytäämisesitys olikin pöydälle pano -esitys numero yksi. Koska se on nyt käsitelty, ei enää uusia pöytäämisesityksiä tarvitsisi ottaa huomioon.

Jos ymmärsin asian oikein, koska protokollaa ei seurattu niin tässä olikin pelissä ihan oikeasti tuo asian hyllyttäminen kesäkuulle asti ja persujen näkemyksen mukaan tietenkin he onnistuneesti saivat pantua äänestyksen pöydälle 30.6. asti. Ota tuosta nyt saatana selvää.

Either way it seems like it's a complete and utter waste of time by TF that will not lead to anything, like we already knew. But if it's true that somehow somebody bungled this whole tabling thing up so hard that they technically might've allowed an in for TF to (legitimately) claim that they tabled the vote successfully then congratulations. I'm sure this will all end well in perustuslakivaliokunta.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

PS can't stall forever, this isn't the U.S. Senate. They in fact can't keep this poo poo going. Probably going to vote on it next week.

I don't know, there really isn't a written procedure where cloture can be forced. My understanding is that eduskunnan työjärjestys only allows the speaker to set a time limit on the length of each individual speech, not the total amount of speeches.

Only way I can figure out that's written down anywhere is that the speaker could consider all speeches made to filibuster the process "unworthy" (perustuslain 31 § sanoo että kansanedustajan tulee esiintyä vakaasti ja arvokkaasti ja jos kansanedustaja rikkoo tätä, niin puhemies voi kieltää pitämästä puheenvuoroa). So I guess it's a matter of where they stop being worried about the appearance of declaring all PS requests for speech such.

They can work around it though. They could probably schedule like four hours for it every evening until the municipal elections take place or are close enough that the MPs want to go out and gladhandle voters instead of staying at Parliament all night. My worry right now is the speaker and the deputy speaker who are having to do this in two shifts. As in, they are going to be burned out.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

They said earlier today that the idea is to keep on keeping on until the elections, so basically they want to delay everything for a month to stay in the news every day until the elections happen.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

On tämä saatana työmaa!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I feel like the rear end-party has finally embraced who they are, and I can tell anyone who says to me Halla-aho is smart "gently caress you, how do you explain this poo poo". The most generous reading is that it's theatrics to gain votes for the next election. Even that makes them look like poo poo,

I may have to ask my brother if he is still voting Persu and tell him to eat poo poo if so. Not looking forward to it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

It's over! 300 speeches just to piss Jorma Ollila off :toot:

God imagine being the pol sci student who is told to read all the transcripts for their thesis

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I really suspect the press almost unanimously turning against them made them drop it, even if they will never admit it. Or at least it was a contributing factor. Even Timo Haapala was telling them off by Friday.

Nenonen posted:

God imagine being the pol sci student who is told to read all the transcripts for their thesis

I was actually thinking the same. I mean it would require you to read through all of them multiple times, but there's a whole lot of methodologies you could apply to such a corpus, both qualitative and quantative. I think someone will accept the challenge in a year or two.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

They will all be collected in the White Book of Chancellor Halla-Aho in three years and be mandatory reading in every school and workplace.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Some brave souls should watch and comment the 8 hour Tynkkyshow Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I realized my passport has expired and I don't have a valid ID. Sattuisitteko te tietämään pystynkö äänestämään? Varmaan jotain kommunistia.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ajokortti tai vastaava kuvallinen asiakirja käy myös.

Jossei ole noitakaan, niin poliiseilta saa myös väliaikaisen henkilökortin ilmaiseksi*.

*maksulliset passikuvat ei sisälly ilmaiseen.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Ajokortti on mutta se on ~15 vuotta sitten vanhentunut, en koskaan suorittanut kakkosvaihetta koska muutin Helsinkiin. En todellakaan aio mennä hankkimaan tilapäistä lupaa, kysymys on kelpaako vanhentuneet henkkarit.

*en pysty enää pitämään tätä valhetta yllä, googlasin asian jo aikaisemmin ja se riippuu vaalivirkailijan fiiliksestä että hyväksyykö henkkarin, menen koittamaan

doverhog fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 15, 2021

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

doverhog posted:

Ajokortti on mutta se on ~15 vuotta sitten vanhentunut, en koskaan suorittanut kakkosvaihetta koska muutin Helsinkiin. En todellakaan aio mennä hankkimaan tilapäistä lupaa, kysymys on kelpaako vanhentuneet henkkarit.

*en pysty enää pitämään tätä valhetta yllä, googlasin asian jo aikaisemmin ja se riippuu vaalivirkailijan fiiliksestä että hyväksyykö henkkarin, menen koittamaan

Itse joskus vaalivirkailijana olleena: aika paljon joustoa annetaan. Jos naama täsmää, niin muistaakseni kaikki meni läpi. Ohjeet sanoi että pitää olla luotettavasti tunnistettavissa tai tunnettu muuten. Riittävän pieni paikka, niin mitään papereita et tarvitse..

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Letmebefrank posted:

Ohjeet sanoi että pitää olla luotettavasti tunnistettavissa tai tunnettu muuten. Riittävän pieni paikka, niin mitään papereita et tarvitse..

Jos tekee jonkin tarpeeksi törkeän rikoksen niin varmasti on nimi ja naama kaikkien mielissä. Mutta voiko toinen henkilö, esimerkiksi perheenjäsen, taata henkilöllisyyden? Tai poliisi?

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Vähän samassa veneessä, passi vanhentunut ja ajokortista jäi 2. vaihe ajamatta. Ajattelin kokeilla passilla silti. Passin uusiminen on sinällään suhteellisen helppoa mutta omassa budjetissa passikuvat + uusiminen alkavat olla jo ikäviä investointeja.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jos on toimeentulotuella niin muistaakseni tuollaiset esim. passikuvat voi maksattaa sitä kautta, Kelaan vaan yhteyttä.

e: "Kela voi myöntää perustoimeentulotukea henkilötodistuksen, oleskeluasiakirjan tai matkustusasiakirjan hankkimiseen liittyviin menoihin, jos sellainen on asiakkaalle tai hänen perheenjäsenelleen välttämätön.

Passi tai kuvallinen henkilökortti ovat välttämättömiä erilaisissa asiointitilanteissa (esim. pankissa). Jos passi hankitaan pelkästään ulkomaan matkaa varten, passin hankkimiskuluihin ei voi saada perustoimeentulotukea."

Eli ehdottomasti kannattaa ajoittaa passin hankinta vaalien yhteyteen niin pääsee myös hakemaan kaljaa Tallinnasta. Tai sitten voi sanoa että haluaa vaihtaa pankkia tms.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 15, 2021

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Sulphagnist posted:

I don't know, there really isn't a written procedure where cloture can be forced. My understanding is that eduskunnan työjärjestys only allows the speaker to set a time limit on the length of each individual speech, not the total amount of speeches.

Only way I can figure out that's written down anywhere is that the speaker could consider all speeches made to filibuster the process "unworthy" (perustuslain 31 § sanoo että kansanedustajan tulee esiintyä vakaasti ja arvokkaasti ja jos kansanedustaja rikkoo tätä, niin puhemies voi kieltää pitämästä puheenvuoroa). So I guess it's a matter of where they stop being worried about the appearance of declaring all PS requests for speech such.

They can work around it though. They could probably schedule like four hours for it every evening until the municipal elections take place or are close enough that the MPs want to go out and gladhandle voters instead of staying at Parliament all night. My worry right now is the speaker and the deputy speaker who are having to do this in two shifts. As in, they are going to be burned out.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11932609

Next Tuesday.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

For me it's not a question of cost, but the lines for police are so long I can't get a new one in time. Also after I realized this, and reading for years about US voter ID laws, I wanna test the Finnish system.

I assumed at first that I could not vote, but like Letmebefrank said, probably can.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Man gently caress this ID card bullshit, will hold out from getting one until it's absolutely impossible to live without it. If you really wanna know it's me use loving bank codes or something? Good enough for when I do my taxes isn't it... I really loving hate the idea of another poo poo card I don't want, that I have to pay for, that only lasts 5 years and being told my drivers license is no longer valid ID. Like gently caress you government, give it to me for free then and send it by post, I don't want to set foot in a pig sty to get it.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

doverhog posted:

For me it's not a question of cost, but the lines for police are so long I can't get a new one in time. Also after I realized this, and reading for years about US voter ID laws, I wanna test the Finnish system.

I assumed at first that I could not vote, but like Letmebefrank said, probably can.

It depends a lot on the voting staff, if they are very insecure they call Keskusvaalilautakunta which is much less flexible in their decisions. So hope for old and experienced staff, I guess.

I would allow voting with expired document if it still clearly identifies the person in question. Your identity has not changed when the passport expired. The idea and the spirit of the guidelines was to be flexible and make sure people can vote.

But then again, I am not this year in the board ( and very unlikely in your district anyhow ).

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
I've voted with expired ID, and I assume this year will be the same.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ketju on täynnä laittomia kansalaisia.
Missä Rajavartiosto, Supo ja Kekkonen, kun niitä tarvitaan!!!!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

His Divine Shadow posted:

I really loving hate the idea of another poo poo card I don't want, that I have to pay for, that only lasts 5 years and being told my drivers license is no longer valid ID.
Today a driver's license is a next to worthless form of ID since counterfeiting them is trivial. If anything, use proper chipped national ID cards to replace Kela cards, driver's licenses, bank cards, insurance cards and anything else that's already tied to your identity. And make them free of any charges, including the photo.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

adhuin posted:

Ketju on täynnä laittomia kansalaisia.
Missä Rajavartiosto, Supo ja Kekkonen, kun niitä tarvitaan!!!!

I can already see the loving idiots at Homma shouting THE LEFT IS VOTING ILLEGALLY!!1!!!

well, they'll do that anyway, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Suomen henkkarikäytäntö on kyllä aivan täysin perseestä. 60€ plus passikuva, uusittava viiden vuoden välein, ja joutuu asioimaan vitun sikojen kanssa.