Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

coconono posted:

the person that started the EVP rumor isn't even legally allowed to enter the US. I will not name names(and you shouldn't either) but you already know who it is.

Can’t believe Julian Assange is posting aew scoops on Wikileaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Can’t believe Julian Assange is posting aew scoops on Wikileaks

You can use his shoot name, we all know Assange is Meltzer.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

smarxist posted:

the only weird thing to me is how completely discrete the border between CodyWorld & The Elite is, like he hasn't interacted with any of them since ... when? so yeah, but these guys have the best show on cable TV in a year and a half of building, and there's enough airtime and side hustles for the entire roster to wet their beaks (between dynamite, internet shows, indie dates, vlogs/podcasts, merch, etc)

it'll be interesting to see how if ever Cody interacts with Omega or Hangman or maybe the Nightmare Bros interact with The Bucks, not that it has to happen, but if eventually it does

I think this is what's making me think there's something to the rumor. Cody completely disappeared from BTE right around when the pandemic started last year and hasn't really interacted with any of the Elite since then, but is all over Sammy's vlog. It just seems weird, considering how much Cody used to be a part of BTE.

Wade Keller is saying whatever's going on has made someone that would be a "difference maker" hesitant to sign with the company because of the rumor.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

coconono posted:

the person that started the EVP rumor isn't even legally allowed to enter the US. I will not name names(and you shouldn't either) but you already know who it is.

I can't believe Speedball Mike Bailey would do this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

only watching dynamite now and what the gently caress is this cody promo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

heel turn posted:

I think this is what's making me think there's something to the rumor. Cody completely disappeared from BTE right around when the pandemic started last year and hasn't really interacted with any of the Elite since then, but is all over Sammy's vlog. It just seems weird, considering how much Cody used to be a part of BTE.

Wade Keller is saying whatever's going on has made someone that would be a "difference maker" hesitant to sign with the company because of the rumor.

I don't really care if these guys aren't best friends anymore; it's obvious that in the past year or so it didn't affect how good the product has been. And by all means, the rest of the roster gets along great and everyone's happy. Nobody should lose sleep over Cody Rhodes never hanging out with The Elite. Why a potential signee would give so many fucks about something so dumb is baffling, like what's the big deal, this isn't high school, they have a business to run and they've been doing it.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

it's EN in promo form

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

heel turn posted:

He's been on BTE occasionally (and made reference to the fact that he isn't) which makes me think it's a work.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vandar posted:

I spent way too long on this shitpost.

just enjoying this anew don’t mind me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What's going on is Cody's aware that hanging out with Kenny and the Bucks all the time will make it stand out that he's not as good a worker as them so he's keeping his poo poo separate so he can play to his strengths

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
If there's any "heat" between Cody and The Elite, it seems pretty resolved by now. They don't interact in the show or the internet stuff, but everything's running smooth, so who cares. It's not like some internet podcast group where one guy having beef means it's all gonna fall apart in a few months and we'll have to watch separate streams and decide who we never actually liked and then when people outside these forums start linking to one of the guys' things you kinda bite your tongue because you got in too deep on that canadian's life and think he's kinda a jerk but it doesn't loving matter it's just another essay youtube video. Plus it got us Matt Hardy on the Stadium Stampede, that was pretty good.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Joker will be the Largest Athlete in the World, Paul Wight.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Just fast forward it

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

Here's one. Who's the WORST possible Joker.

Bada bing bada boom,

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I'm pretty sure CD was busted open gateway judging from that picture.

Also something I loved about that tag match was how vicious the YB looked. Helps make them seem able to keep up with Mox and Eddie

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Shard posted:

The blade is literally in the frame on the ground after the ringpost spot. He definitely took a real shot to get the black eye but the bleeding was not hardway.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Joker Sting returning that way would genuinely be hilarious

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I would love Joker Sting back, gently caress lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dacap posted:

Joker Sting returning that way would genuinely be hilarious

it’d pop me for sure

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Get Sting into the lake of reincarnation

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

It's a draw, brother.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i still like chodey but the content of the promo was dumb and bad, i said "oh no cody what are you doinggggg" to my friend while it was happening

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's a draw, brother.

I know it felt like it lasted 20 minutes but it didn't.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

never been a bad idea to just slam down the mute button when cody shows up

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He should call himself slowdy rhodes because time stands still when he blathers on!!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

update: what the gently caress is this pinnacle promo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

For real, I think Tully is not long for the earth and this was him dividing his riches amongst his sons.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

jesus WEP posted:

I fast forwarded through both of the big promo segments, truly blessed to live in the future.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MJeff posted:

I know it felt like it lasted 20 minutes but it didn't.

the jaunt in promo form

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I liked the Pinnacle promo. Tully was good. They probably had to stretch a bit too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

rantmo posted:

The blade is literally in the frame on the ground after the ringpost spot. He definitely took a real shot to get the black eye but the bleeding was not hardway.
Every future blade job is gonna look like a Penn & Teller sleight of hand masterpiece after Jericho basically held his up to the hard cam last week

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Shard posted:

Also something I loved about that tag match was how vicious the YB looked. Helps make them seem able to keep up with Mox and Eddie
gleefully awaiting the appearance of thumbtack jordans

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My Lovely Horse posted:

Every future blade job is gonna look like a Penn & Teller sleight of hand masterpiece after Jericho basically held his up to the hard cam last week

Funny thing is, he could've done the "into the ring post" spot, and collapsed into the barricade, and palmed it to one of the wrestlers ringside.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m kind of sick of long promos in general. They’re relics from the attitude era and just serve as a huge handicap for a lot of wrestlers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

promos are good imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

whys Sting being a little bitch all of a sudden just letting miro attack his boy before the match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sting toxxed for Miro

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Andrast posted:

promos are good imo
aew presents itself as sport entertainment done right first and a workrate fed second

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao that sky and page attack sting and run off and then sting just gets back up a minute later like nothing happened. not gonna sell for those jabronis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

lmao that sky and page attack sting and run off and then sting just gets back up a minute later like nothing happened. not gonna sell for those jabronis

wait for it, he gets a charlie horse after the DO land on him accidentally.