Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Co-op event? Lol I just sent a survey where I bitched about forced co-op.

Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
lol this event..

How do you even tag people? i just ran circles around a rebel without him being caught lol

somehow i have managed to find all 3 once, by clicking whatever when close.. how can you even see where they are? i just lucked out..

and playing as rebel, it's just climb high up, the hunter is probably gonna be out of stamina from running around, and can't climb.

6/10 event, okish

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Detheros posted:

Co-op event? Lol I just sent a survey where I bitched about forced co-op.

Pass.

But did you contact customer service then report the employee?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

But did you contact customer service then report the employee?

I mean, what's the point if you're not even getting wage slave employees sacked?

I dunno, I genuinely enjoy this event but Hunter is less fun to me. Finding a good hiding place and staying mobile is way more fun.

edit: it's also one of those things anyone can max out regardless of skill/power level so it gets a thumbs up from me.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I just thought the characters were color schemed off their element. If they went away from that being so dominant it would be cool, it's not like they need to be color coded for pvp or anything.

Many of them are, but not all; Beidou is red and is an Electro user.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Apparently you can lose as a rebel instantly by walking into the campfire in setup phase and burning yourself to death. Guess I should have paid more attention :v:. Was worth 50 coins though.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
My last 3 rebel games, the hunter rage quit and nobody got anything. This is fun.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sure, I'd love to play a minigame where rewards are completely depended on a bunch of online randos! loving pass.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

Sure, I'd love to play a minigame where rewards are completely depended on a bunch of online randos! loving pass.

I already got all the 50k Mora rewards and 1200 windtrace coins. This is fun and easy.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Levantine posted:

edit: it's also one of those things anyone can max out regardless of skill/power level so it gets a thumbs up from me.

If it ain't fun, it should at least be something you can grind out, so that works. I'd still like to fight some stuff, though. No co-op, no wacky "fun" modifiers that invalidate my teams. Just normal rear end fights because those are super rare.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

isnt normal rear end fights like, the entirety of the game outside of events?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Radical posted:

isnt normal rear end fights like, the entirety of the game outside of events?

Well, yeah? If you don't like normal rear end fights, it's hard to imagine you'd stick with the game for long.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No, the only normal fight in the game is fighting one to three axe mitachurls. Everything else is a dumb gimmick, bad design, super unfair, literally not letting you play the game, etc.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Don't forget P2W

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I mean, the last event was pretty much gimmicky fights that invalidated a lot of teams. I think that's a fair criticism. It's ok to like that stuff but it's a bit frustrating for people who don't have a deep bench or are newer.

On that same token I understand why people might not like Hide and Seek as an event too. I like it but it's weird and different and I can succeed even if I don't have level 90 super Ganyu or whatever.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I don't think it is necessary to cater to everyone with every event. I think that would make every event rather bland and inoffensive.

Though, maybe that's what some people want and that's fine too.

As long as I get my crowns and gems.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Pretty much all the good rewards last event were relatively easy to get, the only exceptions were if you wanted all the mora and the name plate.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I gave my Zhongli a Black Tassel (previously a Deathmatch) and loving lol he has 52k hp now. :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

All I could get of the last event was Diona and the crown (and a single talent book) because that's all I could get from score, plus I couldn't do the second domain at all. Multiplayer events are also iffy for me due to lag. I am super underleveled for my AR though (single 80 character at AR45) but it was still frustrating to hit a wall like that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

here is a very stupid possible leak about artifacts, if you are like me and full of artifact salt that you want to stoke further

https://twitter. com/Genshin_Intel/status/1393303382501191682?s=19

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God dammit, every time a survey comes around I respond immediately and forget to mention things like 'Fix the Oceanid fight so it doesn't break every geo construct you put down'

Traveller posted:

All I could get of the last event was Diona and the crown (and a single talent book) because that's all I could get from score, plus I couldn't do the second domain at all. Multiplayer events are also iffy for me due to lag. I am super underleveled for my AR though (single 80 character at AR45) but it was still frustrating to hit a wall like that.

Again, discord full of goons with 2300 atk and def happy to help out at a moment's notice

https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

dogsicle posted:

here is a very stupid possible leak about artifacts, if you are like me and full of artifact salt that you want to stoke further

https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1393303382501191682?s=19
Wait...... that chokes off my artifact XP even further!!!!! Will I ever be free of this stupid daily route???

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Again: lag. It's bad enough that I don't want to play multiplayer at all.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

dogsicle posted:

https://twitter. com/Genshin_Intel/status/1393303382501191682?s=19

That's.. dumb. It's still too random and if it really is limited only to those sets, it's not enough. The answer to the whole artifact system is right in front of them but they're doing this poo poo instead?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ignorance is bliss and I choose to remain so as I have yet to begin farming the pale flame and millelith sets.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RareAcumen posted:

God dammit, every time a survey comes around I respond immediately and forget to mention things like 'Fix the Oceanid fight so it doesn't break every geo construct you put down'

i remember to write the thing every time: "please add y-axis camera inversion to keyboard + mouse controls." sometimes with flair, for example "please add y-axis camera inversion to keyboard + mouse controls before you continue to spend development time on features like the teapot and new micro-events."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

That's.. dumb. It's still too random and if it really is limited only to those sets, it's not enough. The answer to the whole artifact system is right in front of them but they're doing this poo poo instead?
Answer to what? Free to play are full clearing abyss and yet it's still an infinite resin sink, the system's behaving exactly as it's supposed to.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fur20 posted:

i remember to write the thing every time: "please add y-axis camera inversion to keyboard + mouse controls." sometimes with flair, for example "please add y-axis camera inversion to keyboard + mouse controls before you continue to spend development time on features like the teapot and new micro-events."

I'm at least remembering to ask for a number input on alchemy but there's always something I forget about.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Meiteron posted:

Height affecting character speed still applies, mind, so if you're playing Diluc/Childe/Zhongli/any other tall boy you will naturally be sprinting a bit faster. I was able to run circles around a chasing Diona hunter for a big chunk of a match at one point.

I've seen a lot of hunters playing Qiqi for some reason. Nice of them to make matches easy for me, I guess?

Maybe the rationale is that being shorter will help you hide behind things, but the disguise objects are pretty short anyway, so...

RoyalScion posted:

Apparently you can lose as a rebel instantly by walking into the campfire in setup phase and burning yourself to death. Guess I should have paid more attention :v:. Was worth 50 coins though.

You also need to be careful not to walk over campfires because the hunter can see the damage numbers pop up (in setup phase, at least).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

Answer to what? Free to play are full clearing abyss and yet it's still an infinite resin sink, the system's behaving exactly as it's supposed to.

You don't think the artifact system is clunky at all? It doesn't need this, it needs better ways to level up artifacts instead of just dumping other artifacts into them and they could easily make that happen.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I don't think I like the event but I did win a round where Mona just chased me in circles around Dawn Winery the whole time and never caught my Zhongli. Ended up only catching one of the other rebels too.

That made me laugh for a good minute.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Thanks for the comparison to tag, without it I would have let the hunters get too close.

Does Kaeya's sprinting discount apply in Windtrace?

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

You don't think the artifact system is clunky at all? It doesn't need this, it needs better ways to level up artifacts instead of just dumping other artifacts into them and they could easily make that happen.

The housing shop is a step in that direction.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
When Windtrace's survey comes around I want you all to complain about the lack of plunge attack bonuses

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

bandaid.friend posted:

When Windtrace's survey comes around I want you all to complain about the lack of plunge attack bonuses

This post is :perfect:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

idk, i feel like as more sets come out with interesting effects or even just being obviously tailored to characters (or vice versa) it exacerbates the issue. because even pulling together 4pc is a hassle before you get to substat optimization, and having randomness throw a wall up at an early point like that is just demoralizing even if you can reasonably fall back on random good pieces or 2pc mixes.

giving the domains a drop rotation like material/talent ones might be enough to alleviate the issue?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wasn't expecting them to add prop hunt as an event, but I guess it makes sense considering previous ones

e: wow you get a lot for winning as hunter

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 15, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I fuckin love Genshin Hide and Seek

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Playing on PS4 after an update not too long ago and am wandering Teyvat as though it were a surreal post apocalyptic game because a poo poo ton of things didn't load in properly.

It's all very weird.

I took a video clip for the purposes of submitting to Highlight Reel, so here's what it looks like:

https://youtu.be/ifu7tcfAflE

Took another one

https://youtu.be/2HpfyRUYagY

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: In the Hide and Seek game, I'm a little confused about how to play as the Rebels. I understand the part where you disguise yourself and hide, but what else is there to that gameplay? Is it reasonably possible to escape for the Hunter if they see you? Not sure what strategy there is besides "find a good place to disguise yourself."

I got this very good Millelith Pyro goblet (three starting stats are CRIT%/CDMG%/HP%), but I'm not sure if it's worth using on Hu Tao. That set is obviously geared more towards a support Zhongli, but its stats are just so perfect for her.

Currently she has 4pc Witch's. I doubt +20% health would outweigh the 4pc benefit, though.