Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Julius CSAR posted:

Is there anyway to retrieve your face code after you’ve started playing the game? I was wondering because I thought I’d share my Disney Princess Shepard.

Yeah, it's shown at the top of the character page:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

So if they took the picture from a stock photo model before this one is obviously going to be taken from Deviant Art.

If its ripped off from DeviantArt its still a million times better than the original which was downright embarrassing

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lol, they really did it

I still like it, makes Quarians a sort of dextro mirror to humans

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 14, 2021

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

GhostDog posted:

Long shot, but do you have a controller or controller receiver connected while playing with M+KB? Once in a while a game comes along that can't stop polling USB devices.
Helluva long shot indeed, but as it happened I had my old Logitech Rumbleplad hooked up and disconnecting it seems to have worked. :psyduck: Keeping my fingers crossed that this wasn't just coincidental and temporary, but the game's running absolutely beautifully now - thanks a million!

On a different note I just cleared the first little group of husks and found a suit of krogan Phoenix armour. :getin: there Wrex!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Anyone else having trouble getting 4k resolution to stick on the Steam version? The game lets me select the resolution but even after confirmation it reverts back to the default 1440p res.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Apparently Ultrawide support is also only partial - cutscenes and dialogue scenes (what?!) have black bars.

Cutscenes, fine whatever, they got made in 2007 and it would probably be a bitch and a half to remake them. The dialogue scenes though... makes no drat sense

edit -

Kavros posted:

I'm torn right now on what to play for my whole playthrough

I think it largely depends on how the class system changed. In mass effect one do they still have that thing where you can unlock a bonus skill for new characters, like shoot 75 dudes with an assault rifle and now your biotic can have assault rifles skill? Also can you customize armor appearances in ME1 yet?

You gotta beat the game first - and no, armor system is the same.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 14, 2021

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I punched Manuel's lights out for old times' sake, and then reloaded.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

I think it largely depends on how the class system changed. In mass effect one do they still have that thing where you can unlock a bonus skill for new characters, like shoot 75 dudes with an assault rifle and now your biotic can have assault rifles skill? Also can you customize armor appearances in ME1 yet?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
As a PC port this seems honestly kinda low effort with little in terms of graphics settings. Also smh at negative mouse acceleration in 2021, I mean it's not an FPS but still...

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I have EA Play via game pass on PC. If I upgrade to a month or two of EA Play Pro can I play this game?

I think that should be enough for me to play through and then wait for it to be put on regular Play later if I want to do another playthrough.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DourCricket posted:

Apparently Ultrawide support is also only partial - cutscenes and dialogue scenes (what?!) have black bars.

Dialogue scenes are probably functionally no different than cutscenes.

There’s a lot of cheats with the staging of cutscenes, having props and people just off screen so doing them in a wider resolution probably exposes those.

GhostDog posted:

As a PC port this seems honestly kinda low effort with little in terms of graphics settings. Also smh at negative mouse acceleration in 2021, I mean it's not an FPS but still...

It’s all there in the INIs but not editable for some reason.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Aardvark Barber posted:

I have EA Play via game pass on PC. If I upgrade to a month or two of EA Play Pro can I play this game?

I think that should be enough for me to play through and then wait for it to be put on regular Play later if I want to do another playthrough.

It is, that's how I'm playing it.

Here's my poor failure of a Shepard who is in for a really, really rough time in the trilogy. He's got the perfect combination of constant older gentleman squinting and appearing like he's looking down his nose at everyone at all times.

For controller support, if you have a DS4/5 there's no support. Make sure you use DS4Windows and that it's set to emulate it as an Xbox controller.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I'd forgotten how annoying the citadel music can be when you're talking to people. It's so loud compared to the dialogue!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Kavros posted:

From what I read earlier, you can unlock extra powers but only by completing the game (Which is also how it previously worked in ME2 and ME3 I think? It's been a while.). Armour's still the same as far as I can tell: you just get the full suit and can stick some upgrades in there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zeron posted:

It is, that's how I'm playing it.

Here's my poor failure of a Shepard who is in for a really, really rough time in the trilogy. He's got the perfect combination of constant older gentleman squinting and appearing like he's looking down his nose at everyone at all times.

For controller support, if you have a DS4/5 there's no support. Make sure you use DS4Windows and that it's set to emulate it as an Xbox controller.

Jean Luc Shepard

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh hey, even if you use the Genesis comic to start fresh in ME2, now you'll encounter the more specific callbacks. Example:

I just met Rana while recruiting Grunt. Previously you would never see her on PS3 until way later when ME1 finally came out and you could import saves

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Jean Luc Shepard

Cap-tain Jean-Luc Shep-pard of the S-S-V Nor-man-dy

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Genuinely forgot how much I enjoy the atmosphere in this game. It's great space opera shlock and I love it. I wish they'd improved running in ME1 though. Andromeda controlled so much better.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also I hope everyone who wanted/needed ME2ReCalibrated and ME3ReCalibrated have downloaded and saved them because their author just pulled them down from the Nexus in protest of its policy towards mod ports to Legendary Edition.

Thankfully, ME3ReCalibrated has more or less been fully superseded newer and better mods, but a lot of ME2ReCalibrated's changes/fixes were proprietary to its mod, so... gently caress. Hopefully some enterprising soul is able to recreate them for Legendary Edition/OG ME2 because ME2Re is an incredible quality of life improvement for the game.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
What kind of graphics settings can you adjust in the pc version? Does the game at all push a 3080 at 4k?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

really digging the :shepface: users are posting itt, glad to hear shepard customization is refined

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

not an antelope-person, doesn't count

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Only mod I'm hoping comes back is the one that gives you infinite mining resources in 2. gently caress planet scanning.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can you Lift people into orbit still?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Yes, Sally Ride Shepard. Since BioWare named Shepard after Alan Shepard, I’ve made it a tradition to name my characters after famous astronauts/cosmonauts.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ugh, badly need a way to fix the FOV on the pc version.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My first FemShep was named Miranda, I thought it was a classy and unusual name. Then ME2 came out...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Well, got the most important side quest in the game out of the way, everything's downhill from here.

I don't think this guy has long to live, tbh.

TFW you forget to hit a to skip the elevator.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Garrus and Wrex are the fuckin A-Team

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone remind me..

In ME1, do the weapon mods I apply get locked to the weapon or can I just freely use whatever I have on me?

Bloopsy posted:

What kind of graphics settings can you adjust in the pc version? Does the game at all push a 3080 at 4k?

There's basically no performance related graphics options.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 14, 2021

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Simone Magus posted:

Oh hey, even if you use the Genesis comic to start fresh in ME2, now you'll encounter the more specific callbacks. Example:

I just met Rana while recruiting Grunt. Previously you would never see her on PS3 until way later when ME1 finally came out and you could import saves

Does that comic auto-start if you don’t have an ME1 save file? If I’m being honest, I kinda wanna skip 1.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Someone remind me..

In ME1, do the weapon mods I apply get locked to the weapon or can I just freely use whatever I have on me?
You can freely add and remove them. If you equip another weapon, you can even opt to automatically transfer the current weapon's mods to the new one.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

HaB posted:

Does that comic auto-start if you don’t have an ME1 save file? If I’m being honest, I kinda wanna skip 1.

Yeah it does, well it asks if you want to do it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Julius CSAR posted:

Yes, Sally Ride Shepard. Since BioWare named Shepard after Alan Shepard, I’ve made it a tradition to name my characters after famous astronauts/cosmonauts.

I'm reasonably sure that Ryder was named after Sally Ride in Andromeda.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
They made it so you only have to scan 20 keepers instead of 21

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lmao okay so I just got the Krogan Ally achievement for loving around and doing side quests on the citadel, that owns

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh, we're doing our Sheps then?

I'm slightly peeved that her OG hairdo is gone (or rather has been flipped 180) but this new one's working out nicely enough.

Sombrerotron posted:

I punched Manuel's lights out for old times' sake, and then reloaded.

I punched Manuel's lights out for old times' sake, and then marched right out of there to Nihlus' corpse. It's easy Renegade points and he'll live...well for a couple more years anyway.

Zeron posted:

drat son, that's one oldass Picardesque fella, he looks like he should be drawing a pension. I dig it.

Doctor Nutt posted:

TFW you forget to hit a to skip the elevator.

The Dream Team

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
I applaud whatever wizardry they did to fix the faces in Mass Effect, everyone looks great!

I present: Kareem Shepard, my take on a middle eastern Shep.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
Just been Spectre'd, and Bri Shep finds everything slightly amusing so far

712.6D7.889.J89.AHH.1EK.EJB.848.9DC.9JA.679.K3C.8

Playing on Insanity and the weapon/skill rebalance means I've died to Fist's turrets once (easily the most burst damage I've come across so far) and that's it. Hopefully it gets a bit harder once I start hitting the story planets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Huh, they've changed all the guns in Mass Effect 1. The weapons that look like the Vindicator now fire semi-auto, the ones that look like Carnifex's are now burst pistols, etc. That's neat.

Aphrodite posted:

Someone remind me..

They're not locked, you can take them out and it even has an auto-transfer when you equip a new weapon.