Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm normally not a fan of cute kids, but Omega is just adorable. And capable.

I don't know why she's being so cagey about telling the other clones all about the inhibitor chips. She obviously knows a lot more than she's letting on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Why couldn't omega just use crosshair's bunk?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I couldn't tell is Wrecker was faking a headache so he could stay behind and prep Omega's "room," or if they were foreshadowing something wrong with his chip.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Moon Slayer posted:

I couldn't tell is Wrecker was faking a headache so he could stay behind and prep Omega's "room," or if they were foreshadowing something wrong with his chip.

I just took it as sincere, since he slammed the side of his head into the metal of the safety harness during the landing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wrecker's waving an alarming amount of Death Flags right now :ohdear:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m so happy they’re keeping the Gonk droid around

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Larryb posted:

I’m so happy they’re keeping the Gonk droid around

Gonk

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Moon Slayer posted:

Same. For a real headache they played it up a little much, and it really smelled like a payoff was going to come later. So it was strange when it suddenly was gone and never mentioned again. Not even a "moy head's a lot bettah now" line or anything. Weird. We'll see if the topic pops up again, especially since Tech spent quite a bit of time talking about the chip in the beginning.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Spookydonut posted:

I'm assuming that Wrecker is keeping it open because he believes that Crosshair can be brought back to the fold.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dave Syndrome posted:

Same. For a real headache they played it up a little much, and it really smelled like a payoff was going to come later. So it was strange when it suddenly was gone and never mentioned again. Not even a "moy head's a lot bettah now" line or anything. Weird. We'll see if the topic pops up again, especially since Tech spent quite a bit of time talking about the chip in the beginning.

It's definitely a Chekov's gun situation. Maybe we'll be seeing the payoff in the next episode when they get their scanner up and running.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's definitely a Chekov's gun situation. Maybe we'll be seeing the payoff in the next episode when they get their scanner up and running.

I hope so. Still, I really expected the episode to end with a final "ow" from Wrecker, or even a cliffhanger with him collapsing in the middle of the "aww, her own room" scene.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Haha Filoni isn't loving around using a flame thrower to execute a child

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I though that it'll lead to the scanner deactivating the chips, and it becomes a rescue mission?

But I didn't put the "Faking headache to make a room" thing together, so :shrug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It definitely feels like a foreshadowing of Wrecker's chip being the first to get worked on after getting damaged from that imact.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm assuming that Wrecker is keeping it open because he believes that Crosshair can be brought back to the fold.

That's definitely it. These guys are basically brothers in several ways and they can't let go of the possibility of him being able to be "fixed" and back on the team. Hopefully Omega can finally get her fifth, smarmy uncle to round out the rest of her uncles: Dad uncle, smart uncle, big uncle, and cyborg uncle.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

Janina Gavankar isn’t Hispanic, her parents are from India.

I wasn’t aware who voiced her and Versio comes off as a Hispanic name to me. But looking at a picture of her I can now see her being Indian which back to the original point that the woman in the elite squad in today’s episode was not Versio.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
So, it is implied that Omega is not a Jango Fett clone during the Kaminoians’ private conversation. So, who is the blonde donor lady for Omega’s production run? Duchess Satine? Bo-Katan? Oh, wait, it’s obvious…

…it’s Mephisto, of course.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

It definitely feels like a foreshadowing of Wrecker's chip being the first to get worked on after getting damaged from that imact.

Wrecker would be a high priority to dechip first, given he's bulky enough to tank a few blasts before going down, so if he turns, that's gonna be extremely bad news for everyone

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Spookydonut posted:

Echo has a minigun painted on the thigh of his armor with the aurabesh writing "for hevy"

Is there a screenshot of this? I didnt notice it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Marsupial Ape posted:

So, it is implied that Omega is not a Jango Fett clone during the Kaminoians’ private conversation. So, who is the blonde donor lady for Omega’s production run? Duchess Satine? Bo-Katan? Oh, wait, it’s obvious…

…it’s Mephisto, of course.

Screenrant, you're go to place for wild speculation on these shows thinks it Obi-Wan.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Wrecker would be a high priority to dechip first, given he's bulky enough to tank a few blasts before going down, so if he turns, that's gonna be extremely bad news for everyone

Wrecker, otoh, is an idiot and could be easily baited into a trap and into restraints. Finding restraints that'd hold him long enough for a shitton of sedatives to be administered otoh, is the big issue.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

fartknocker posted:

Gonk Status: Still Gonkin’

Also, while I don’t think the timeline works for this, I briefly thought that the female trooper, who I don’t think had any lines, was Iden Versio from Battlefront II.
I thought it might have been Ursa Wren when I saw her for that one shot, but the eyes are the wrong colour.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm normally not a fan of cute kids, but Omega is just adorable. And capable.

I don't know why she's being so cagey about telling the other clones all about the inhibitor chips. She obviously knows a lot more than she's letting on.
I think they're playing it as her not actually being aware that other people don't know what she knows or can do.

Spookydonut posted:

I would assume that Echo is in it. They had the ship kitted out before he joined up, and he's only been part of the team for a few weeks at this point.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Arquinsiel posted:

I think they're playing it as her not actually being aware that other people don't know what she knows or can do.

Yeah this tracks since a) she's a child and b) Tech did literally the same thing with assuming the rest of the Bad Batch knew she was a clone immediately.

As far as who Omega's a clone of, I've seen a few people speculate it might be Arla Fett, Jango Fett's sister, who is also blonde. I'm not sure how they could do that without it seeming like a huge cop out though, since she's just in EU stuff. "Oh surprise Jango had a secret sister the whole time!"

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Bismuth posted:

Is there a screenshot of this? I didnt notice it

It's on his original clone armor, I haven't seen it on his bad batch armor yet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Radio! posted:

As far as who Omega's a clone of, I've seen a few people speculate it might be Arla Fett, Jango Fett's sister, who is also blonde. I'm not sure how they could do that without it seeming like a huge cop out though, since she's just in EU stuff. "Oh surprise Jango had a secret sister the whole time!"

Omega's actually a clone of Xena, Warrior Princess.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Omega's actually a clone of Xena, Warrior Princess.

Should of cloned Lucy Lawless instead then she could fly.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Haha Filoni isn't loving around using a flame thrower to execute a child

Couldn't help noticing that this time there were no children in the camp.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Dave Syndrome posted:

Couldn't help noticing that this time there were no children in the camp.

Yeah, I messed that up I thought there was one with that couple but on second rewatch nope

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
I'm disappointed Screenrant didn't notice that Omega is clearly a clone of Padme, which will lead to the inevitable raid on Kamino where Vader will have to wade through a battalion of Padme clones as we see which is stronger: his will to save Padme, or his desire to lightsaber his way through younglings...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Despite the poo poo he does in it, that last episode made me feel REALLY lovely for Crosshair.

Like, really lovely for him.

I hope he gets to redeem himself at some point before it's all over, undoubtedly at the cost of his own life I'm assuming because ugh. What the Empire did to him is loving terrible.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like episode 3 should have been the second episode should have come later in the run.

I feel like It's been such a short time since Order 66 and all the checkpoints ect has been set up way too quickly. We never even saw the deactivation of the droids.

Anyone feel the same.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Palps had this all planned for a longtime, possibly Tarkin and his young Turk officers, too.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I feel like nowadays the first episode would work better as a series of promotional videos or short-run lead-up streaming miniseries, in order to leave room for a third episode

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

fatherboxx posted:

Palps grinds planets full of kyber crystals to get more energy for minting NFTs, Thrawn throws his hands in despair

You know, it's possible that we might end up meeting Ensign/Lieutenant Thrawn in this series.

One thing with Thrawn is that unlike most of the rest of the Imperial loyalists, he's expecting the Empire to eventually have to fight a real war with an equal or at least "near peer."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

You know, it's possible that we might end up meeting Ensign/Lieutenant Thrawn in this series.

One thing with Thrawn is that unlike most of the rest of the Imperial loyalists, he's expecting the Empire to eventually have to fight a real war with an equal or at least "near peer."

I forget, has Thrawn ever made an animated appearance before (or appeared in anything besides the books for that matter)? Also, is he even still canon now that Disney threw out the old EU?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

I forget, has Thrawn ever made an animated appearance before (or appeared in anything besides the books for that matter)? Also, is he even still canon now that Disney threw out the old EU?

He’s basically the main antagonist of seasons 3 and 4 of Rebels, which is canon. He’s also explicitly mentioned by Ahsoka in Mandalorian. There’s also novels about him in the new canon, including an on-going trilogy about his time in Chiss space during the same time as the Clone Wars.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fartknocker posted:

He’s basically the main antagonist of seasons 3 and 4 of Rebels, which is canon. He’s also explicitly mentioned by Ahsoka in Mandalorian. There’s also novels about him in the new canon, including an on-going trilogy about his time in Chiss space during the same time as the Clone Wars.

Gotcha, nevermind then. So yeah, it could be neat to see him pop up in this series eventually in that case

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Larryb posted:

He was a naked blue weirdo in the mmorpg 'star wars galaxies' for a long time, just chillin naked on a hill next to a building; that game folded in 2011.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sekhmnet posted:

He was a naked blue weirdo in the mmorpg 'star wars galaxies' for a long time, just chillin naked on a hill next to a building; that game folded in 2011.

Yeeeaaahhhh.... I think I like this version better than that one.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

AndyElusive posted:

Despite the poo poo he does in it, that last episode made me feel REALLY lovely for Crosshair.

Like, really lovely for him.

I hope he gets to redeem himself at some point before it's all over, undoubtedly at the cost of his own life I'm assuming because ugh. What the Empire did to him is loving terrible.

He’s basically been Winter Soldier-ed. Brain zapper and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Everyone posted:

Yea, he didn't really think Tarkin's rule by "we'll kill you if you don't obey" isn't effective in the long run, and tried to get the Empire to move more to having an regular military that can conduct symmetrical warfare. Hence the Tie-D, but that didn't fit with Palpatine's end goal so it wasn't happening. Why Thrawn coming back is scary, he could forge the remnant into something truly effective.