Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

If any of you remember me I was very active in the ME2 period.
I have since gotten into Star-Trek and everything space.

Save my soul. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

I saw the mustache and decided to try making Shepard a dashing Latino.

Julius CSAR posted:

Yes, Sally Ride Shepard. Since BioWare named Shepard after Alan Shepard, I’ve made it a tradition to name my characters after famous astronauts/cosmonauts.

Oh! This gave me a great idea! I'll name my FemShepard Valentina for the first woman in space.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So apparently the game has negative mouse acceleration that is hard coded in. Can't be modded out.

Yeah, no thanks. Was looking forward to getting and playing this game but a PC shooter in 2021 with negative mouse acceleration is completely unacceptable.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Who was the goon in the ME2 thread who was going on 16+ playthroughs. I wonder what his final count was and if he can double it with this edition.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

bagrada posted:

Who was the goon in the ME2 thread who was going on 16+ playthroughs. I wonder what his final count was and if he can double it with this edition.

Pretty sure they broke past 30 or so.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Ugh it's so beautiful in ultrawide 😭

The bars during convos is getting to me a bit though..

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ditched my plan, playing FemShep again and going full military rear end in a top hat gently caress you if you don't follow my orders I swear to god Ashley if you get any more racist I'm throwing you out the airlock.

He face is great because she always looks fed up with everyone.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

bagrada posted:

Hell I've played ME2 like 10 times myself

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does The Citadel make anyone else drop frames like crazy?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
This is a genuine question/thread, I am legitimately concerned about preserving the games as they were originally created since this was supposed to be a remaster, not a remake or reboot.

If you find any content from the original game rewritten, revoiced, reframed, reedited, rearranged, censored, missing or otherwise changed...

Please inform us by posting a reply here. After the obvious Miranda-booty-gate, I will not support this game financially until I am sure they didn't suddenly change parts of the three games for woke brownie points. This post is NOT about camera shots of Miranda's lower back, I am asking if there is anything else that they changed.

I was disappointed to find out they didn't rewrite the ending of Mass Effect 3. That would be a net positive for the game, but they chose to not pursue that, likely for financial (effort) reasons. So no, I am not against ALL changes, I am against censorship mostly.
If they were to change a single thing about the original games, I would pick they ONLY change the ending of Mass Effect 3, and nothing else. Because the ending of ME3 was the weakest part of the trilogy and it's really the only part that people ever wanted them to change.
That's neither here nor there, though. They didn't do it, they said it's just a remaster - but is it?

If you see anything please do let me (and other interested people) know, so we can decide if it's a dealbreaker for us or not. Thank you so much!

To the trolls: I understand that some people are really happy that their favourite franchise is now back with a bit better graphics and UI improvements. I'm happy too, just not enough to forget my dignity, but it's a subjective thing. If you don't care about rewriting storylines or retroactive censorship, then you can safely ignore this thread.

In my country, $60 is a lot of money. I don't want to spend that on something I won't love.

Thanks

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
:allbuttons:

Folks with the PC version, anyone having problems with the kinds of issues the Steam review bombs are complaining about (negative mouse acceleration, audio problems, fov issues, namely - the ultramodern stuff wouldn’t be an issue for me)?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Nuclear War posted:

This is a genuine question/thread, I am legitimately concerned about preserving the games as they were originally created since this was supposed to be a remaster, not a remake or reboot.

If you find any content from the original game rewritten, revoiced, reframed, reedited, rearranged, censored, missing or otherwise changed...

Please inform us by posting a reply here. After the obvious Miranda-booty-gate, I will not support this game financially until I am sure they didn't suddenly change parts of the three games for woke brownie points. This post is NOT about camera shots of Miranda's lower back, I am asking if there is anything else that they changed.

I was disappointed to find out they didn't rewrite the ending of Mass Effect 3. That would be a net positive for the game, but they chose to not pursue that, likely for financial (effort) reasons. So no, I am not against ALL changes, I am against censorship mostly.
If they were to change a single thing about the original games, I would pick they ONLY change the ending of Mass Effect 3, and nothing else. Because the ending of ME3 was the weakest part of the trilogy and it's really the only part that people ever wanted them to change.
That's neither here nor there, though. They didn't do it, they said it's just a remaster - but is it?

If you see anything please do let me (and other interested people) know, so we can decide if it's a dealbreaker for us or not. Thank you so much!

To the trolls: I understand that some people are really happy that their favourite franchise is now back with a bit better graphics and UI improvements. I'm happy too, just not enough to forget my dignity, but it's a subjective thing. If you don't care about rewriting storylines or retroactive censorship, then you can safely ignore this thread.

In my country, $60 is a lot of money. I don't want to spend that on something I won't love.

Thanks

I thought they shut down the bioware forums

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did they fix that one quest in ME1 for the fan? When you import into ME2 no matter which choice you made, it comes up with the "you were an rear end in a top hat" choice

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
In more serious things, i finally got the game to launch, but eh.... getting the launcher and selecting ME1 and drops down to whatever the resolution of ME1 originally was, and is pixellated and weird as poo poo. What incredibly obvious thing did i do wrong here? there's no options screen or anything to adjust

Edit: nevermind there are options and i'm an idiot

Nuclear War fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 15, 2021

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Male shep or female shep? Played both

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

fadam posted:

If I look down into the distance the frame rate halves. Not to big of a deal since I'm running at 144fps.

Fifteen of Many posted:

:allbuttons:

Folks with the PC version, anyone having problems with the kinds of issues the Steam review bombs are complaining about (negative mouse acceleration, audio problems, fov issues, namely - the ultramodern stuff wouldn’t be an issue for me)?

I haven't noticed any negative impacts from these things. I've only just reached the Citadel though.

Edit: The water spray from these water fountains looks really nice.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 15, 2021

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

OhFunny posted:

I haven't noticed any negative impacts from these things. I've only just reached the Citadel though.

This is what I was hoping to hear, hard to parse the actual problems from folks just wanting more than is there.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Fifteen of Many posted:

This is what I was hoping to hear, hard to parse the actual problems from folks just wanting more than is there.

I have had two minor issues occur. The first was Kaiden's gun disappeared in the cutscene where you meet Ashley, so he was holding empty air. The second was Shepard got half stuck in the cover pose right at the end of Eden Prime and was side on toward the screen while moving around and shooting until combat ended and I put his weapon away.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

tithin posted:

Did they fix that one quest in ME1 for the fan? When you import into ME2 no matter which choice you made, it comes up with the "you were an rear end in a top hat" choice

They did say they were going to but I guess we won't know until next week unless someone goes for a marathon session.

One thing they haven't changed (nor did they say that they would) that I wish they had was to give Saren his concept art model for the first 2/3s - he always looked ridiculous protesting his innocence while clearly being some kind of super cyborg with a Geth arm, and the old concept art looked really rather stylish.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nuclear War posted:

Thanks

“woke brownie points”
Don’t think anything has been done regarding “woke brownie points” in this game, what a weird thing to be concerned about.

Have enough self awareness to not have a to the trolls section in a post that reads like a troll attempt.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

What's the difference really between legendary vs class level ups? I get that one is 30 the other is 60, but let's say I finish ME1 and transfer my save to ME2, does this mean I start at level 0 and can choose a new class for my shep? Sorry this is a basic rear end question, I only played 2 (and loved it).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sentinel Red posted:

They did say they were going to but I guess we won't know until next week unless someone goes for a marathon session.

One thing they haven't changed (nor did they say that they would) that I wish they had was to give Saren his concept art model for the first 2/3s - he always looked ridiculous protesting his innocence while clearly being some kind of super cyborg with a Geth arm, and the old concept art looked really rather stylish.

I wish they had changed this too, and its kind of odd they didn't because my understanding is that it was a time limitation that led to them not using it originally.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

OhFunny posted:

I have had two minor issues occur. The first was Kaiden's gun disappeared in the cutscene where you meet Ashley, so he was holding empty air. The second was Shepard got half stuck in the cover pose right at the end of Eden Prime and was side on toward the screen while moving around and shooting until combat ended and I put his weapon away.

I've noticed a number of issues so far with models disappearing or warping around; first was the disappearing Kaiden in the Eden Prime cutscene, and then during the Chora's Den shootout a couple of the guys were flickering in and out of existence.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I use a power it will lock out my gun for like five solid seconds. Like I'll hit someone with overload and just not be able to shoot for a while.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

nuketulsa posted:

What's the difference really between legendary vs class level ups? I get that one is 30 the other is 60, but let's say I finish ME1 and transfer my save to ME2, does this mean I start at level 0 and can choose a new class for my shep? Sorry this is a basic rear end question, I only played 2 (and loved it).

You will restart at level 1 and can choose a new class in 2 regardless (this was also true of the original), so your choice here doesn't matter. I think the main difference is that the legendary level system is intended to allow you to more realistically reach the level cap within a single playthrough of the first game, without having to scour the game world for every scrap of exp possible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You will restart at level 1 and can choose a new class in 2 regardless (this was also true of the original), so your choice here doesn't matter. I think the main difference is that the legendary level system is intended to allow you to more realistically reach the level cap within a single playthrough of the first game, without having to scour the game world for every scrap of exp possible.

I find legendary level scaling to be more enjoyable in my first impressions because you can pretty reliably unlock an ability or tier of an ability every one or two levels, while in og level scaling you will eventually be leveling one point at a time and crawling toward your last couple ability tiers at a snail's pace. Functionally they're designed to give the exact same power curve but my brain prefers fewer level ups with more points between them to spend.

To be clear the biggest difference between legendary and original scaling is that me1 will have levels 1-30 rather than 1-60 but with the same total ability points.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Level imports are supposedly "in relation to level cap". If you're 30 in Legendary mode, you'll start ME2 at level 5 as if you were 60 in the original mode

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
I'm having fun replaying a prettier version of Mass Effect 1, though I kind of wish they'd made more of an effort to de-clunkify the interface while they were at it. Looks like I'm going to be pausing on the power-wheel a lot and turning tons of junk into omni-gel on my vanguard run.

I also couldn't help but replay as my favorite character: renegade-but-not-racist-or-evil female Shepard. You just can't beat pissed-off Jennifer Hale.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/ConsoleCreature/status/1393327868151844871?s=19

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

The reflections they use (which you can't disable) are pretty rough on frames apparently, and I imagine the Citadel is full of them.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I've been talking to Pressly in the bridge everytime I see him and only saying "Carry on, Pressly" like I'm a weird micromanagey passive aggressive boss and its making me laugh. Just walking up to him and telling him to carry on in this somber tone lmao.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Caesar Saladin posted:

I've been talking to Pressly in the bridge everytime I see him and only saying "Carry on, Pressly" like I'm a weird micromanagey passive aggressive boss and its making me laugh. Just walking up to him and telling him to carry on in this somber tone lmao.

There's a lot of fun stuff you can get out of intentionally doing odd stuff with the dialogue interactions, like leaving really awkward pauses while people wait for your reply.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Source your quotes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ME1 resmastered is genuinly pretty good. not perfect but way way better than i thought it would be. combat is fine and even sorta fun at times.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 15, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Super cool of them to leave in the very high-pitched element when using the menu.

I can only play for an hour or so before getting a headache.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

The one issue I do have on PC is frame tearing on camera turn. Playing on OLED with a 3090. Setting the in game cap didn't work. Vsync did. First time using vsync in years but I guess it's not the type of game I'm worried about input lag.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

gently caress, I somehow put a point into Charm even though I want to go full Intimidate. Is there any respec in ME1?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

fadam posted:

gently caress, I somehow put a point into Charm even though I want to go full Intimidate. Is there any respec in ME1?

Not without cheating.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Loving how punchy the guns feel now

Now to unlock Marksman :getin:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fadam posted:

It might just be a point you get given at some point. I am doing full paragon and still have one intimidate point, and I know I didn't manually add it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Doctor Nutt posted:

It might just be a point you get given at some point. I am doing full paragon and still have one intimidate point, and I know I didn't manually add it.

Yep, you get one after the Spectre initiation