Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My sacrifice lock which was utter trash a month ago is now 7/10 after the patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hawkperson posted:

I’m using an older list, looks like. No cloak of shadows in mine. I’ll check that one out tonight, thanks!

World War Mammories posted:

opened helbrim, so this is interesting. looks like I've got no copies of cloak of shadows, but I do have a few thousand dust. I assume that's a core card for giving you one more turn to stab your opponent?

Yes, Cloak is core now because Pen Flinger got nerfed. So instead of squeezing as much damage as you can out of every mana every turn, you instead do setup to hit multiple times with your face into their face.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Having an issue where I can't craft certain cards. Trying to get a Penflinger for miracle rogue and the craft and disenchant buttons don't appear.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Another trip to legend with durdle priest. For a long time this season the ogremancers were educated elekks but I stopped seeing a lot of the matches they were good in after the recent patch.

### SuchSkill
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Hysteria
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAaOrBATIvgP76AOe6wPU7QMNk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D/tEDjtQD4t4D+98D+OMDlugDlO8DwZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trying to make egg zoo work, here’s the current list

### Egg-celent
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Ritual of Doom
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grimoire of Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Wriggling Horror
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 2x (3) Kabal Outfitter
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Void Terror
# 1x (4) Baron Rivendare
# 1x (4) Disciplinarian Gandling
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 1x (5) Vectus
#
AAECAa35AwTUugPn0QOK0gPSoAQNlc0D1dEDzNID0OEDyuMDjecD9egD1+0D7+0DgaAEhKAE0aAE5qAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

3 mana fiendish circle feels good; turn 2 egg into turn 3 circle + ritual of doom is very strong. Burning Blade acolytes can feel awkward sometimes but they’re the only way you possibly win against hunters so I’m keeping them and they’re an amazing gandling follow-up. I might have one or two too many activators but I’m still figuring out the right balance for consistency. Debating trying to fit in shadowlight scholars since the deck really wants that little bit of reach to finish games out

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trying to make egg zoo work, here’s the current list

### Egg-celent
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Ritual of Doom
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grimoire of Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Wriggling Horror
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 2x (3) Kabal Outfitter
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Void Terror
# 1x (4) Baron Rivendare
# 1x (4) Disciplinarian Gandling
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 1x (5) Vectus
#
AAECAa35AwTUugPn0QOK0gPSoAQNlc0D1dEDzNID0OEDyuMDjecD9egD1+0D7+0DgaAEhKAE0aAE5qAEAA==
#

3 mana fiendish circle feels good; turn 2 egg into turn 3 circle + ritual of doom is very strong. Burning Blade acolytes can feel awkward sometimes but they’re the only way you possibly win against hunters so I’m keeping them and they’re an amazing gandling follow-up. I might have one or two too many activators but I’m still figuring out the right balance for consistency. Debating trying to fit in shadowlight scholars since the deck really wants that little bit of reach to finish games out

Having run something similar I'm not sure the Void Terrors are that great. I dropped them + RoD for Hand and Nightshade Matrons to some success, so that might be worth trying if you feel you have too many activators.

That being said this was much earlier so that's meant more as "here's an idea" instead of "this is better", mind.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What are you all hoping to get with the mini set? Some things I want to see: a good Frenzy minion for Warrior that costs 6 mana so it can lead into Saurfang. Some kind of card draw or draw fixing for Shaman. Another low cost card with a "when discarded" effect for Warlock. A 3+ mana Rogue card that makes Scabbs worth running. A bad Priest spell to poison their discover pool.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
More ways to duplicate rhinos and dinos

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another decent deathrattle for DH would be cool.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
More targeted discard synergy in warlock would be nice.
And something in Shaman to make my Ey'sor not feel so useless.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Another decent deathrattle for DH would be cool.

specifically at 5 mana

also good Hero Power and/or minion support for Mage so we can finally put Incanter's Flow to rest.

Shaman needs like 1 more good Nature damage spell to have a chance, and I already assumed another Murloc would be printed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ey'sor should be "At the end of your turn, give totems you summon +1/+1 for the rest of the game"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnacondaHL posted:

specifically at 5 mana

also good Hero Power and/or minion support for Mage so we can finally put Incanter's Flow to rest.

Shaman needs like 1 more good Nature damage spell to have a chance, and I already assumed another Murloc would be printed.

I think card draw is killing shaman more than anything else.

Bru'kan is whatever.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’d just like Discover to be universally a weaker mechanic. gently caress, I’d happily see all Discovers only give two cards.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Flurgl counterpart that draws a card for each Murloc you summon.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Warlock card that deals damage equal to the amount of your own cards you destroyed, would be nice

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

When I log into hearthstone I get hit with

"Closed
Hearthstone has been updated! Please download the latest version."

Battlenet client says there are no updates and the software is the latest version.

Even uninstall reinstall did not do the trick.

Anybody else getting this?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

What are you all hoping to get with the mini set? Some things I want to see: a good Frenzy minion for Warrior that costs 6 mana so it can lead into Saurfang. Some kind of card draw or draw fixing for Shaman. Another low cost card with a "when discarded" effect for Warlock. A 3+ mana Rogue card that makes Scabbs worth running. A bad Priest spell to poison their discover pool.

Cheap warlock demon that deals 3 damage to each hero

A good Hunter deathrattle card

Any sort of card draw for shaman

A good tempo frost spell for mage

Something big and expensive for Paladin

A neutral card that makes your opponent’s discovers only offer 2 options for the rest of the game

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Played 16 matches tonight of standard at diamond 3/2. 11 where against paladin. Wow talk about an un fun experience.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Joink posted:

Played 16 matches tonight of standard at diamond 3/2. 11 where against paladin. Wow talk about an un fun experience.

it's ok it could've been worse. they could've all been priest so instead of playing 11 games, you only would've played one or two.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

How is southsea scoundrel a 4 mana 5/5? Like, what?

I get surprised every time I see that card, it wrecks control

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Beasteh posted:

How is southsea scoundrel a 4 mana 5/5? Like, what?

I get surprised every time I see that card, it wrecks control

It has higher than average stats because the battlecry can be detrimental.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I hadn't played Rogue at all since I picked the game back up recently for the first time in years, but I bought the battle-ready deck and man, Secret Rogue is a blast. Feels like you have lots of options as early as turn 2 sometimes, and seems reasonably strong too

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm just a 5-6k scrub, but I've been keeping my BG data for the last couple of seasons. Thought I'd share now that we've had a recent reset. Here is my game placement history for the last couple of seasons (higher bar is better)

And here is my combined hero results+number of games played

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 15, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Nozdormu day is a huge success at showcasing how nozdormu is a huge failure

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Nozdormu needs to have an upside if it's not in your opponents deck.

e: like Battlecry: Your opponent's next turn is 15 seconds.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Nozdormu needs to have an upside if it's not in your opponents deck.

e: like Battlecry: Your opponent's next turn is 15 seconds.

It does, it's a 7 mana 8/8. It's just that pure stats aren't really good enough in Hearthstone these days, unless you can cheat them out somehow.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

That's my point. I've played a lot of nozdormu's off of discovering them, and even at 5 mana, it's rare they have a significant impact on the game.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I ran the same vS list as another poster in here already mentioned, nothing new here. I've seen Mankrik substituted for Spymistress or Venemous Scorpid, if anyone is curious just how far back in the line Helbrim is.

I played this in a target-Mage lineup last week and went 2-3 vs mage because the high rolls just never stopped, but I'm considering running it this weekend given the latest nerfs.

### Poison Cloak
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Sinister Strike
# 2x (2) Silverleaf Poison
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
# 2x (3) Cloak of Shadows
# 2x (3) Coerce
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 2x (3) Swinetusk Shank
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
#
AAECAaIHAtXUA+fwAw6qywOK0AP+0QP31APi3QPn3QPz3QOp6wOq6wOs6wOt6wOSnwSUnwT3nwQA
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

If you can dodge Token Druid, Hunter, and Paladin, this is a very strong ladder deck.

What good are the preps doing there with everything being so cheap?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Mr Beens posted:

They come in handy when you're trying to shove so much damage around on turn 3 or 4. Also a good Swindle activator.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Prep-Swindle also helps thin your deck if you haven't already drawn a shank.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mr Beens posted:

A lot. In addition to the standard Prep + Swindle and the eight other Prep + 2 or 3 mana spells:

Prep + poison to get your damage started early is a common play, and often is a way to actually win the mirror or vs aggro decks when on the coin

Prep + Secret Passage when you're tight on mana and need to find an exact card

Prep + Mankrik's Wife that you drew off Secret Passage

also in general adding another spell to make Prize Plunderer hit harder

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

AnacondaHL posted:

Prep + Mankrik's Wife that you drew off Secret Passage

This works??? This loving game Iove it so much sometimes.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
incase you wanted an update on duels, the latest changes have made it so this deck is the best:

You get Unlocked Potential (or something else decent, rush is good) which makes attack equal to health, then you get Disks of Legend which duplicates legendaries you play. This might not be so bad, but the original version was a mostly neutrals deck

So as you can imagine, you can do this with any class (but warrior is better). Here is my turn 3 board on Paladin. Where else are you going to see Deathwarden and Baron Rivendare in the same deck? Cho and Pagle being played seriously?

Seen someone do it on Mage too.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Disks of Legend was my favourite Duels passive but I haven't played for weeks because I got tired of how heavily weighted it became towards getting the right passives to have any chance of success. A while ago someone here posted about Arena having high-roll issues and it reminded me of the same thing in Duels.

Cranking the RNG sky high seems to be the only way Blizzard knows how to create alternative game modes, and I wonder if that's because it makes it easier to calibrate a breakpoint for rewards, in the sense that they need a certain percentage of games to have zero chance of making it to seven wins.

I'll return when they do the Duels patch which adds all the mercenaries as playable heroes. That's still a thing, right? Has there been any news about it?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Shout out to the dude I played today trying to make Totem Shaman work. As someone playing off meta decks and constantly losing, I know how real the struggle is when you're just facing the same poo poo over and over again.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
...did paladin's win rate go UP after the nerfs?? :psyduck:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If it did, I'm sure it's because people are doing a lot more experimentation now than before the patch. I know it's anecdotal but I've been seeing a lot more garbage decks in legend since the patch. Eventually people will go back to playing all meta decks and Paladin's winrate will drop again.

They're still really good though. I seriously doubt they've fallen out of tier 1.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

If it did, I'm sure it's because people are doing a lot more experimentation now than before the patch. I know it's anecdotal but I've been seeing a lot more garbage decks in legend since the patch. Eventually people will go back to playing all meta decks and Paladin's winrate will drop again.

They're still really good though. I seriously doubt they've fallen out of tier 1.

I'm not sure this is the case this time around.

Removing Crab Rider while giving Paladin more value with First Day opened the door for Secret Libram Paladin to shine, and there doesn't seem to be any natural predator created by the buffs or other nerfs. Current stats from Top 1k Legend and MTQs is projecting that Paladin is here to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I am not a huge fan of this new Duels meta. I think maybe team 5 made the treasures a little too good at reading your deck.