Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Davidbix - do you think Drake is trying to get fired at this point in order to become a martyr for his cause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Drake is going to convince HHH to buy little saint james

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
"If I were a lesser ape I would've been so pissed off"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Davidbix - do you think Drake is trying to get fired at this point in order to become a martyr for his cause?
It wouldn't exactly shock me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

This is why the Voices Of Wrestling Flagship is now an Australian podcast that is coincidentally sponsored by a VPN service

I'd suggest Bryan do that, but I feel like he'd buy a stupidly overpriced, spyware crammed scam VPN, all the while Vinny just bought a basic rear end one and it works fine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I'd suggest Bryan do that, but I feel like he'd buy a stupidly overpriced, spyware crammed scam VPN, all the while Vinny just bought a basic rear end one and it works fine.

He would get Express VPN with code JERICHO.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

He would get Express VPN with code JERICHO.

That's what I said.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All joking (or not) aside, Bryan did actually mention that people had asked him to get a VPN to continue the Retro recaps, and the reason he'd declined was because he wanted the show to be something that everybody listening could watch along with without having to buy extra things/jump through hoops to access etc.

OctoberCountry posted:

"If I were a lesser ape I would've been so pissed off"

I loving love these weird little tangents he goes off on. If you listen to him talking about them in different ways depending on the co-host on the various shows he does, you really get a good sense of THE LORE OF THE BRYAN.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped our AEW Dynamite Rudo Recap and a preview for next week's card!

Rudo Recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2abZk8R3zI

5/19 dynamite preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCAuVsakd2w

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dave did a WOR with Bruce Mitchell, and however bad you thought it would be - it's worse.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Helicity posted:

Dave did a WOR with Bruce Mitchell, and however bad you thought it would be - it's worse.
Was there really a point where one of them compared Bruce's critics to anti-vaxxers? Or did some dude in the Wreddit comments just make that up?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I am pro Figure 4 becoming their own independent radio thing at this point. Bryan and Vinny are the strongest part anyway.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Even some people who work for the site are unhappy:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Lid posted:

I am pro Figure 4 becoming their own independent radio thing at this point. Bryan and Vinny are the strongest part anyway.

I've always suspected that the reason why Bryan started making videos and made a separate Youtube subscription for them is because Dave doesn't get gently caress all from it. Not sure about that though.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Has anyone listened to it yet?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea it's bruce lying about the situation and dave crying about cancel culture. plus some crap about covering the biz and the wacky things that can happen. bad bad show. i'm not gonna unsub because i like way too much thats on there but definitely can't fault the haters on this one

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
oh well. sounds skippable to me.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

El Generico posted:

I've always suspected that the reason why Bryan started making videos and made a separate Youtube subscription for them is because Dave doesn't get gently caress all from it. Not sure about that though.

It's because Bryan is a business man and he saw video as a growth opportunity. Dave is one of his oldest friends remember.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Garrett has apparently said:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

collocation posted:

"Coming clean". gently caress that guy. You don't have a right to know Jon Huber's private loving medical information, you loving ghoul.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

collocation posted:

Ohhhh, that's who Bruce Mitchell is.

Well gently caress him and I hope he has to find a different career.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Dave/Garret eps absolutely suck anyway and should be on a separate feed. “Let’s talk about 1930s baseball”
This ep sounds terrible and I’m skipping it

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I expected this to be an attempt to rehab Bruce apologetically. I didn't think that would be an awesome thing, but I wasn't surprised that someone who was his friend for many decades would try to do it. I did not expect it to be an attempt to handwave away what he did.

Some quotes from it:

"I think there was an irony in the reaction to Bruce, and the irony is the people rightfully were up in arms about what he wrote because they thought there was an insensitivity in his message. I would suggest that a lot of the people who were so mad we're not thinking of being insensitive towards Bruce at the same time. like there's an irony of that and it's one of those you know two wrongs don't make a right thing, but I think that's the thing that frustrated me just as much as maybe some of the things that he wrote. that's a Twitter problem that I think we can, we can get rid of" - Garrett

"what you're accused of is nothing close to what you said or what you even meant and deep down people know it but people want their victim of the day" - Dave

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh but did the people who were mad at me know that actually it's wrong and bad to be mad at me?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i emailed brother bryan & i think i'll just replace the website subscription with the youtube one.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

For whatever it is worth, two people who would be in a position to know have said that Alvarez was not aware of the podcast until it was uploaded.

I have no reason not to believe them. So, if that's the case, that's pretty hosed up for Bryan.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan seems to be the kind of guy who would rather just talk about wrestling and run his business and never touch the poop so I can’t see him being happy about it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Bryan seems to be the kind of guy who would rather just talk about wrestling and run his business and never touch the poop so I can’t see him being happy about it

he was apologetic to me in a way that seemed really genuine lol. idk why this show pissed me off and annoyed me so bad but it did 😔

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sorry to hear that friend. not going to listen but it sounds like it sucked a lot of rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

idk why this show pissed me off and annoyed me so bad but it did 😔

prob because Bruce Mitchell is a lying sack of poo poo

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Bruce says, and I quote, that he "didn't second guess AEW and the Huber family's decision to keep it quiet."

So I checked the article again because I know he did and it's literally the final line.

quote:

Whatever the circumstances, Brodie Lee's family and AEW both would serve his memory best by being forthright about all the circumstances surrounding his death, whatever they are, thereby honouring him by allowing us all to make the best-informed decisions possible protecting everyone's health.

gently caress Bruce. gently caress Dave.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What the hell does he even mean by, "allowing us all to make the best-informed decisions possible protecting everyone's health"?

Is that just a cute way for him to say, "So we can rake AEW over the coals for running shows during covid and make them stop"?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"thereby honouring him by allowing us all to make the best-informed decisions possible protecting everyone's health"

WHAT decisions? What decisions about YOUR health were riding on Jon's cause of death?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah I forgot until I read it again that a lot of it was under the guise of it being a kind of public health issue. The whole tone of his article is that AEW are potentially being a danger by not being totally up front with us about what happened.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah I emailed Bryan and he apologized and said he didn’t know about the show until it was on the site and that it won’t happen again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dave perma-sucks for this one

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Normally I'm on the "Dave is an old and confused man" train but this is not good. Not so good at all.

Edit: I know Bryan is sending out apology e-mails but errr... it's still up.

khaled
Jun 7, 2020
I wonder if Dave and bryan are arguing about whether to take it down.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Dave has had his perspective ruined by social media. He has started to see any criticism as coming from a place of ignorance because he spends all of his time fighting with people who are ignorant. When you see everything as being in bad faith, it's easy to side with a friend when they say oh it's not me, I'm the victim Dave, it's all these people who just don't get it.

Another detail I forgot is that Bruce actually published it twice. And I'm pretty sure the second time was after Amanda Huber had basically said it was bullshit (but before we knew more).

Also, the thing I don't get, he was wrong anyway. So why bring it back up at all? Why try the martyrdom gambit when we know that the core argument he was making was false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

So why bring it back up at all?