Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

jesus WEP posted:

“What’s shin going to do with that crown” lmao never change maggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
YOU CAN'T WEAR ANOTHER MAN'S CROWN :argh:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

right, sorry. proof that no matter how bad you think it is, it’s worse

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just remembered the time mauro got mad because another commentator didn’t know what a pyrrhic victory was

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i thought they had stopped calling him shin smdh

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I still can't get over how insignificant Shinsuke Nakamura of all people has been made to be in the WWE. This guy was the coolest motherfucker in wrestling and now he just makes me feel sad watching him.

Also, the Thunderdome screens make it worse. There's something about the co-ordinated selected reactions that just makes everything even harder to watch.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It is amazing how much WWE wastes their talent.

Like, if someone had shown you the Matt Sydal and Ricochet tag team from 2016 New Japan and said "in five years time one of these men will wrestle the reigning world heavyweight champion on live television", you wouldn't have guessed they meant Sydal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Thunderdome is bad but less so than people make out here. Sure it always looks super incongruous in a 30 second clip but watching a full match it becomes part of the background and better than having an empty arena for sure. Same deal with the camera cuts tbh, I stop noticing them so much when the action’s good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have learned over the years that people’s tolerance for cuts and camera movement varies wildly. But I agree.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I imagine it's a lot less jarring when you're watching regularly

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I imagine it's a lot less jarring when you're watching regularly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The only way I can watch WWE is if I'm on my phone or switching to another tab or something all the time. I can't watch it for too long without getting a headache.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Lamuella posted:

It is amazing how much WWE wastes their talent.

Like, if someone had shown you the Matt Sydal and Ricochet tag team from 2016 New Japan and said "in five years time one of these men will wrestle the reigning world heavyweight champion on live television", you wouldn't have guessed they meant Sydal.

I mean Ricochet did get a world title match at one point...against Brock Lesnar but still. I don't remember if it was a one off on a Saudi Blood Money show or if it was on an actual PPV as well though.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean Ricochet did get a world title match at one point...against Brock Lesnar but still. I don't remember if it was a one off on a Saudi Blood Money show or if it was on an actual PPV as well though.

It was a Saudi show one-off and a complete squash.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

cauliflower jones posted:

Did Sami delete his tweets?

Looks like it. Coward!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cauliflower jones posted:

Did Sami delete his tweets?

They likely made him delete it, the pro-Palestine ones were the only ones

gently caress that

Free Palestine, Save Sheikh Jarrah

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Free Palestine!

yessir yes I'm trying to delete it sorry

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1393625687781675017?s=20

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Seams posted:

There was a period there where Ambrose looked really thin and sickly.

Wasn't that when he was wrestling like 200+ matches a year or something? Not only is that a ton of cardio dude was probably falling apart/unable to eat right.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I imagine if you watch WWE semi-regularly, you get used to it but if you go and watch another promotion for a while and then just drop in for an episode of Raw or SmackDown, the camera cuts, the commentary and the general atmosphere and production will make your eyes bleed.

Sega 32X posted:

Wasn't that when he was wrestling like 200+ matches a year or something? Not only is that a ton of cardio dude was probably falling apart/unable to eat right.

His arm was loving falling off for a while there too.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Watching WWE programming literally makes me nauseous, not even joking here. My brain can't handle the monitor wall and constant cuts.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Watching WWE programming literally makes me nauseous, not even joking here. My brain can't handle the monitor wall and constant cuts.

You know if you get tortured every day you can also develop a tolerance too, but I can’t imagine choosing that willingly to prove it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DogsInSpace! posted:

You know if you get tortured every day you can also develop a tolerance too, but I can’t imagine choosing that willingly to prove it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Intruder posted:

When Nattie and Lacey were in the ring alone during the rumble Nattie made her look unbelievably green in comparison

Which I guess isn't saying much

e: jesus, did smackdown not even have a thread this week?

Yeah, that absolutely lines up for me. Lacey is green and, next to her, you start to go like wow why isn't Natalya the women's champion. Then Sasha or Bayley or whoever will show up and it's like ok yeah. The biggest issue with WWE is trying to have Asuka and Carmella and book them equally. Tamina and also Becky Lynch. It doesn't work out. Hence why Bianca is already back at her first main roster feud and Rhea Ripley is drowning.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the worst thing about recent wwe is the reliance on AR effects for the visual presentation at big events. wrestlemania looked like dogshit, it’s just a big loving screen. give me ramp snake you cowards

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah, that absolutely lines up for me. Lacey is green and, next to her, you start to go like wow why isn't Natalya the women's champion. Then Sasha or Bayley or whoever will show up and it's like ok yeah. The biggest issue with WWE is trying to have Asuka and Carmella and book them equally. Tamina and also Becky Lynch. It doesn't work out. Hence why Bianca is already back at her first main roster feud and Rhea Ripley is drowning.

If they promoted a few of the ten thousand women they have warehoused on NXT they'd have more than 3 legit good wrestlers per show.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

If they promoted a few of the ten thousand women they have warehoused on NXT they'd have more than 3 legit good wrestlers per show.

Part of the problem is that at the end of the day WWE can "promote" whoever they want, but in the vast majority of cases they either get a three week push and then banished to catering because they can't get over with Vince, or in the case of the women, they get fed to Charlotte. And probably Alexa as well going forward. I mean Rhea and Asuka both have had their momentum stopped entirely. And after Sunday both will likely have it killed entirely by Charlotte. Hell, not even Bianca is completely safe, because whenever her and Charlotte cross paths, it always ends poorly for Bianca.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone should simply pitch their character as being charlotte's daughter

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Io and Candace should definitely be promoted. It's a shame they haven't been called up yet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

whenever her and Charlotte cross paths, it always ends poorly for Bianca.

Somebody post the spear gif.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Part of the problem is that at the end of the day WWE can "promote" whoever they want, but in the vast majority of cases they either get a three week push and then banished to catering because they can't get over with Vince, or in the case of the women, they get fed to Charlotte. And probably Alexa as well going forward. I mean Rhea and Asuka both have had their momentum stopped entirely. And after Sunday both will likely have it killed entirely by Charlotte. Hell, not even Bianca is completely safe, because whenever her and Charlotte cross paths, it always ends poorly for Bianca.

What's amazing is that this is the only bar for getting over during this past year, really... there are no fans, they can literally push whoever they want and pipe in the auto cheers. It was honestly the time to build stars since you didn't have to worry about dead crowds not doing what you hope for them to do, and could condition them to cheer for whoever after a year of it.

Literally no ones momentum can be stopped. The narrative is what they choose to make, and if they choose to push someone and make them look like a goober to the point where their own writers give up on them, that's on WWE and nothing else.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

Somebody post the spear gif.

This one?
https://i.imgur.com/tNbITTl.mp4

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 16, 2021

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

I don't think I'd ever actually seen that particular sequence before. That is AWFUL.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Io and Candace should definitely be promoted. It's a shame they haven't been called up yet.

Candice looks like she's having a good time in NXT and she's pretty successful, so it's probably best she's there instead of being called up for 2 minute matches. Same with Io who would probably team with then fight then team with Asuka over and over again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Not that one, but I was deliberately non-specific on the offchance that someone would post this one. Hey guys, remember when Charlotte assaulted one of her colleagues on TV and there was zero consequences?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Genetically superior

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Was that the match Kairi was injured in and Becky rolled her under the ring?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I don't think I'd ever actually seen that particular sequence before. That is AWFUL.

Charlotte has a raging case of justgetmyshitin-osis, and since this is the WWE where she can coast on inertia and nepotism (and wherein improvisation is all but forbidden at nearly every point, making thinking on your feet around a fellow performer’s injury harder) she has zero incentive to fix this tendency

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

Yeah. Proving again without a doubt that Becky is better than Charlotte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Digital Jedi posted:

Asuka, Becky, and the Ref knew she was really shaken up, possibly concussed almost immediately and Becky relayed the message to Asuka and tried to hide her from Charolette. Either Charolette didn't know, or didn't care because she was always taught to never improvise in a match and had to Get Her poo poo In

So at best she's a bad wrestler and at worst she's negligent and malicious. It's even worse with audio because you can hear Kairi pleading not to do the powerbomb