Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also magus's sister is in it I hear :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's actually her identical twin sister, Schumona.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, the Magus Sisters seem to be in Thavnair

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure the Zeal-ish zone is on Thavnair or near it, considering that one of the statues that gets blasted in the trailer was a dancer statue.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm pretty sure the Zeal-ish zone is on Thavnair or near it, considering that one of the statues that gets blasted in the trailer was a dancer statue.
That's not the Zeal-ish area, that's just straight Thavnair-the-island-on-water. The place that's being attacked in Estinien's bit is Thavnair, you can see the other landmarks from the Thavnair reveal video in it too (like the weird rock formation and the Telophoroi Tower nearby)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hogama posted:

That's not the Zeal-ish area, that's just straight Thavnair-the-island-on-water. The place that's being attacked in Estinien's bit is Thavnair, you can see the other landmarks from the Thavnair reveal video in it too (like the weird rock formation and the Telophoroi Tower nearby)

Actually, I'm just noticing something about that shot now that you show it: That statue doesn't seem to be in a Dancer outfit, at least not one that we have, and not like the other statues (who seem to be in 80 AF). That figure looks to be wearing a full coat.

It's got a chakram, so it's clearly not the Alchemist statue that I desperately wish it was, but it's an interesting curiosity.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Absolutely lost my mind when Estinien appeared to gently caress everyone up in the trailer. They have a way of turning me into a wide eyed kid again with these.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but if we're getting chrono trigger references, when will get The Bouncer references

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

but if we're getting chrono trigger references, when will get The Bouncer references

They're saving Bouncer for the opening of KH4. Sion is Yozora's Riku.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Had a strange stray thought upon waking up today: are we going to die?

That’s how the Warriors of Darkness travelled between worlds, via the moon. Is it possible that we die but our soul is caught by some apparatus in the moon instead of returning to the lifestream, then it’s the inverse of ShB, where we are the aether ghost or whatever while the scions have their bodies?

derra fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 15, 2021

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wonder what the betting odds are of the expac final boss being Jenova vs Lavos vs Zeromus.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

derra posted:

Had a strange stray thought upon waking up today: are we going to die?

That’s how the Warriors of Darkness travelled between worlds, via the moon. Is it possible that we die but our soul is caught by some apparatus in the moon instead of returning to the lifestream, then it’s the inverse of ShB, where we are the aether ghost or whatever while the scions have their bodies?

I'm thinking that we'll unearth a space elevator. It'll be the Tower of Babel dungeon, except this one can take us to the moon.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

the_steve posted:

I'm thinking that we'll unearth a space elevator. It'll be the Tower of Babel dungeon, except this one can take us to the moon.

I mean the game's logo literally has a giant Star Destroyer flying towards the moon so I think that's how we'll get there.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

the_steve posted:

The meat and bone tower they've shown off looks a lot like the one Zenos and Fancy Dan are hiding in, so i'm hoping that's the Tower of Zot and that sends us to the moon.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want to fly the black omen at the moon.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The meat and bone tower they've shown off looks a lot like the one Zenos and Fancy Dan are hiding in, so i'm hoping that's the Tower of Zot and that sends us to the moon.

The meat and bone tower HAS to be the Giant from FF4. It just has to be.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

the_steve posted:

The meat and bone tower HAS to be the Giant from FF4. It just has to be.

In the initial art teaser for it from the first fanfest you can see statues of Classic Magus sisters in the walls so it's Zot. I'm sorry.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Tower of Zot is definitely in-game, at least, because they played the music for it during the dungeon demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jU-lp6c0_I

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really should go back and replay/finish FFIV one of these days. It's a shame all of the officially available versions are utter dogshit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

stev posted:

I really should go back and replay/finish FFIV one of these days. It's a shame all of the current officially available versions are utter dogshit.

Just buy a copy of the DS or GBA versions. They're both solid tho the former is a little...aggressive in how hard it wants to be sometimes.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

the_steve posted:

There is that thing in the Ruby Sea that looks like it might be one?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's the Stormblood deep dungeon, you can reach the top if you get all the way through it in a premade. Doesn't quite reach space even if it's yet another freaky Allagan construct :v:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

stev posted:

I really should go back and replay/finish FFIV one of these days. It's a shame all of the officially available versions are utter dogshit.

the PSP version is very good and you didn't hear it from me but PSP is really easy to emulate

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's honestly kind of weird we're going to so many of the places we haven't been yet. Garlemald, Thavnair, Sharlayan, the loving moon... What's left for after this? I'm excited.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Random FF14 thought: after watching the trailer again, and the twins' dad's comments about surviving an apocalypse... I'm guessing Sharlayan's big secret is that they're a direct descendant of the Allagan Empire, determined to preserve their knowledge and secrets through the ages - and those of all ages since.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cythereal posted:

Random FF14 thought: after watching the trailer again, and the twins' dad's comments about surviving an apocalypse... I'm guessing Sharlayan's big secret is that they're a direct descendant of the Allagan Empire, determined to preserve their knowledge and secrets through the ages - and those of all ages since.

Or they just have a kick-rear end bomb shelter that they aren't going to share with anyone.

Fallout: New Eorzea
- Having drawn the short straw, you are appointed the Warrior of Light and sent out into an unknown wasteland to find a Water Crystal for your fellow vault dwellers.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Arist posted:

It's honestly kind of weird we're going to so many of the places we haven't been yet. Garlemald, Thavnair, Sharlayan, the loving moon... What's left for after this? I'm excited.

There's still the New World and Meracydia.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Hunter Noventa posted:

There's still the New World and Meracydia.

Not to mention that there's other shards of the Source out there, and the implication of other planets.

Sherry Bahm fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 15, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sherry Bahm posted:

Not to mention the implication that there's other shards of the Source out there.
Specifically, we just had a storybeat about the Thirteenth maybe not being beyond salvaging?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think Zenos is going to recognize that quote about how everyone around the WoL is doomed to die a horrible death in combat and he’s like “oh gently caress yes” and wants to be scion #1 for joining the WoL on new and exciting fights and is gonna be like “see I tore apart the empire. That’s more than any of your friends/Scions could have ever dreamed of doing, surely that earns me a spot in your retinue.”

Then, when or if the WoL defeats all enemies and is at peak power level Zenos makes his move

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm very excited to bust into xenophobic elf dad's secret underground ark and bringing the apocalypse to them kicking and screaming like a real SMT game.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Oxyclean posted:

Specifically, we just had a storybeat about the Thirteenth maybe not being beyond salvaging?

And we have more than one established character at this point who not only would want that, but could be a lead in to such a story being told.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sherry Bahm posted:

And we have more than one established character at this point who not only would want that, but could be a lead in to such a story being told.

Unukalhai and Cylva? Gaia?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My worry about anything involving Unukalhai and Cylva is that I don't think they'll want to lock an entire expac behind having done the Warring Triad and all of the ShB role quests.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Arist posted:

My worry about anything involving Unukalhai and Cylva is that I don't think they'll want to lock an entire expac behind having done the Warring Triad and all of the ShB role quests.

Yeah, and it's not like they can just make those mandatory like Crystal Tower, finishing all of the role quests is a big ask just for story progression. I guess they could just have the Cylva stuff unlock after you finish one set of role quests? That's already required to finish ShB, so then you're just adding in the Warring Triad, which seems pretty important anyway.

It's weird because saving the Void is a really interesting hook, but it's just too hidden right now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
after rewatching the trailer the thing i want to know more about is the monster at the end. it looks like a big muppet and i must see more.

like it's obviously something like what we saw in Amaurot but that just raises further questions

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I was surprised that Cylva’s story was locked behind completing all the role quests but it was still impactful. They could do a catch-up quest I guess and then write in a response to people who have the “COMPLETED_SHB_ROLE_QUESTS” flag on their character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm very excited to bust into xenophobic elf dad's secret underground ark and bringing the apocalypse to them kicking and screaming like a real SMT game.

They're gonna have to start putting up lockers for me to shove all these nerds into.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the_steve posted:

Or they just have a kick-rear end bomb shelter that they aren't going to share with anyone.

Fallout: New Eorzea
- Having drawn the short straw, you are appointed the Warrior of Light and sent out into an unknown wasteland to find a Water Crystal for your fellow vault dwellers.

Patrolling the void makes you wish for a Flood of Light...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The bounty hunter party was incredibly worth having gone through the roles and that's already after the great moments of Cylva, like being so incredibly rusty that she can barely wear her old arms and armor (I actually had a moment before the reveals all started where I was all wait, SHE'S THE FLASHBACK ELF). Even if Giott's the best I love all those goobers and want them to be the best group.

(I was also vaguely reminded of the suspicion about the unnamed Brawny Knight from Thordan I's crew (implied to have founded the Forgotten Knight) and Marcechamp in Tailfeather - they have the same hair and same scar, though a few of the facial features including the eyes and nose are different settings... could just be limited customization options at work but it's fun for a :tinfoil:)