Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Oh, I thought I didn’t remember the Tresher Maw tentacles from ME1. Glad to hear I’m not going senile yet.

And yes, if you take down all of the tentacles, the Thresher Maw pops up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Lightningproof posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone know if the LE fixes the Conrad Verner bug in ME2 that makes him always act as if you Renegaded him in ME1?

Nthing this question, I'm curious myself

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can’t believe people do the exp exploit on Therum to get to max level. I’d never heard of it before the remaster but the amount of exp it gives is just not enough to ever want to do reload saves for hours on end.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
It's possible to finish the series without hooking up with any squad mates, right?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Porkness posted:

It's possible to finish the series without hooking up with any squad mates, right?

Yep, it sure is.. My Shepard is a professional and will never engage in romance with his squad mates :colbert:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lol if your Shepard doesn’t gently caress their way through the galaxy imo

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Last question before I buy: are there specific parts of the game when NPCs come on to you?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Porkness posted:

Last question before I buy: are there specific parts of the game when NPCs come on to you?

Yeah. It’s made fairly clear when things are progressing in that direction. I’m pretty sure you can turn them down at any point if you’ve accidentally managed to flirt with them to that extent.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/Prose_Edda/status/1393369218683334658?s=20

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

a cyborg mug posted:

Yeah. It’s made fairly clear when things are progressing in that direction. I’m pretty sure you can turn them down at any point if you’ve accidentally managed to flirt with them to that extent.

I think she'll be fine with that

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Porkness posted:

Amusing related Q : what's the least possible amount of people you can recruit ? In ME1 Garrus and Wrex are optional and you're cancelling one of the hyoomans as a matter of plot but I think you can't avoid Liara and Tali squatting your precious human bunks ? ME2 you can not open Grunt's tank and get to kill off most of your squad if you want, but are there recruitment missions you can plain not do (or fail) ? I don't know ME3 well enough to speak about it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
My shepard is a friend of all species, no prejudice at all. Hate has no room in this galaxy.

Except batarians. Batarians can get hosed forever

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kobal2 posted:

Amusing related Q : what's the least possible amount of people you can recruit ? In ME1 Garrus and Wrex are optional and you're cancelling one of the hyoomans as a matter of plot but I think you can't avoid Liara and Tali squatting your precious human bunks ? ME2 you can not open Grunt's tank and get to kill off most of your squad if you want, but are there recruitment missions you can plain not do (or fail) ? I don't know ME3 well enough to speak about it

I think you can also not activate Legion in ME2. So Grunt, Legion and then you can probably not do the missions involving Kasumi or Zaeed? In ME3 Javik is also DLC so he can be skipped too.

I guess you could basically have just the ME3 characters at the end of ME3 if you let a lot of people die along the way.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zaeed should've been a batarian.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Zaeed should've been a hanar.

ftfy

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Kobal2 posted:

You have to recruit one of Wrex or Garrus in ME1. In ME2 Jacob, Miranda, Jack, Garrus, and Mordin are mandatory, and you need minimum 8 squad members for the suicide mission to trigger.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
I've read elsewhere that the PC version of the new remaster trilogy doesn't allow you to change any graphics settings, is that true?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

mA posted:

I've read elsewhere that the PC version of the new remaster trilogy doesn't allow you to change any graphics settings, is that true?

I allows you to change very few settings, this article has a screenshot of the menu: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-pc-settings

It's what you got in a PC port during the 360 area, basically.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I posted earlier about the game stuttering, and found the fix: 60fps cap. Anything higher (I have a 144hz monitor) and the game stutters like mad because the frame rate varies wildly. Vsync doesn’t help unless I only had a 60 hz monitor.

So for all those on PC with stuttering issues and a PC more than capable of running the game: try setting the cap to 60fps. Worked for me.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

:gerty:

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I don’t remember Matriarch Benezia’s boob veins being so pronounced in the original game

Goddamn Benezia is just fukken STACKED

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mA posted:

You can definitely adjust settings, but like stated above you don't have a huge number of things to adjust

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Beneziah’s boob veins were always prominent, though that could be because I always played in 1080p over the 720p native consoles.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

chaosapiant posted:

I posted earlier about the game stuttering, and found the fix: 60fps cap. Anything higher (I have a 144hz monitor) and the game stutters like mad because the frame rate varies wildly. Vsync doesn’t help unless I only had a 60 hz monitor.

So for all those on PC with stuttering issues and a PC more than capable of running the game: try setting the cap to 60fps. Worked for me.

I had the same experience. Maybe this also has to do with mouse sensitivity (apparently) being tied to framerate? Maybe things get wonky depending on what mouse and settings you use?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

GhostDog posted:

I had the same experience. Maybe this also has to do with mouse sensitivity (apparently) being tied to framerate? Maybe things get wonky depending on what mouse and settings you use?

I’m using an Xbox controller on PC, so not sure about that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

chaosapiant posted:

Beneziah’s boob veins were always prominent, though that could be because I always played in 1080p over the 720p native consoles.

There were prominent boob veins in this and Lost Odyssey and then I don't think I ever saw them modeled in a AAA title again.

Also I love that the very first two uncharted worlds my sole survivor Shepard landed on had thresher maws on them. My Shepard is going back to the citadel and getting black out drunk I think.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mayor Dave posted:

My shepard is a friend of all species, no prejudice at all. Hate has no room in this galaxy.

Except batarians. Batarians can get hosed forever

They did. The Reapers hosed em real good.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

GhostDog posted:

I allows you to change very few settings, this article has a screenshot of the menu: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-pc-settings

It's what you got in a PC port during the 360 area, basically.

chaosapiant posted:

That's kind of a bummer to hear - for the first time in my life I have a very powerful gaming PC and I loved the original trilogy. I was looking forward to be able to play a souped up version on my PC. In that case I'll probably wait a while for a deep discount.

mA fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 15, 2021

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

mA posted:

That's kind of a bummer to hear - for the first time in my life I have a very powerful gaming PC and I loved the original trilogy. I was looking forward to be able to play a souped up version on my PC. In that case I'll probably wait a while for a deep discount.
Can't comment on ME2 and ME3 because I haven't tried them yet, but to call the remastered version of ME1 "souped up" would be an understatement - the difference in graphical fidelity with the original is absolutely huge. And I don't know what system chaosapiant's got, but I'm running at a virtually constant 60 fps on an almost six-year-old i7-4790 / GTX 970 setup. If you've got a new gaming PC, I've little doubt you could set the FPS limiter to a higher number than 60 and have a perfectly smooth and enjoyable experience.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Sombrerotron posted:

Can't comment on ME2 and ME3 because I haven't tried them yet, but to call the remastered version of ME1 "souped up" would be an understatement - the difference in graphical fidelity with the original is absolutely huge. And I don't know what system chaosapiant's got, but I'm running at a virtually constant 60 fps on an almost six-year-old i7-4790 / GTX 970 setup. If you've got a new gaming PC, I've little doubt you could set the FPS limiter to a higher number than 60 and have a perfectly smooth and enjoyable experience.

For the record, I’m using the following system to run the game at 60fps cap at 2560x1080 resolution:

I5 10600k at 4.6 ghz
32 GB of DDR 4 Ram
GTX 1080
Running the game off an SSD.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

bagrada posted:

Who was the goon in the ME2 thread who was going on 16+ playthroughs. I wonder what his final count was and if he can double it with this edition.
Magimix! Pretty sure his final count (at least where the thread was concerned) was in the 20s. He'd come in every couple weeks and go "now I'm doing a playthrough with only Jack and Garrus, using the Carnifex and warp." IIRC his avatar was an obese Tali with "MY WAIFU IS FETISH EFFICIENT :3:"

And because I haven't seen this posted yet, bless Skoolmunkee and her works:
http://www.masseffectsaves.com/MESS/ME2ColoringBook.pdf
http://masseffectsaves.com/MESS/MECAB_2.pdf

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So, I don't really remember what carries over.

I'm playing through the series straight with the intention of having one Shep the whole time.

I just kinda hate ME1. I think the only reason I spent so .much time with it before was because I was 18 and had very few obligations.
Can I just blast through the main storyline?

I don't want to miss any tasty bits that'll carry over but I also don't have the patience for this.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Magimix was a nice dude. Really gregarious posting energy.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm playing through the series straight with the intention of having one Shep the whole time.

I just kinda hate ME1. I think the only reason I spent so .much time with it before was because I was 18 and had very few obligations.

I don't want to miss any tasty bits that'll carry over but I also don't have the patience for this.

Yeah, you can. There are a handful of sidequests that get referenced in later games if you complete them in ME1, but it's a tiny proportion of the whole. Do what takes your fancy and do the main story and you're fine.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can you still Lift people into orbit?

This is important. If you can't then there is no reason to play Adept.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Magimix! Pretty sure his final count (at least where the thread was concerned) was in the 20s. He'd come in every couple weeks and go "now I'm doing a playthrough with only Jack and Garrus, using the Carnifex and warp." IIRC his avatar was an obese Tali with "MY WAIFU IS FETISH EFFICIENT :3:"
I can't remember whether he actually used it, but I made an animated av for him of some fan art (whose origins and raison d'etre have been lost to me) depicting fat Tali looming over Farnsworth from Futurama. Fat Tali also inspired a variation on a GIF I did of Wrex floating through space, encouraging Shepard. Happy memories.

Inzombiac posted:

Well you're out of luck then, because if you don't find all the artefacts and such on the heightmap planets then in ME3 you won't be able to give all the data to Conrad Verner so he can collate them and reward you with 5(!) points' worth of galactic war assets!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

SubponticatePoster posted:

And because I haven't seen this posted yet, bless Skoolmunkee and her works:
http://www.masseffectsaves.com/MESS/ME2ColoringBook.pdf
http://masseffectsaves.com/MESS/MECAB_2.pdf

YESSSSSSSS THANK YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sombrerotron posted:

Well you're out of luck then, because if you don't find all the artefacts and such on the heightmap planets then in ME3 you won't be able to give all the data to Conrad Verner so he can collate them and reward you with 5(!) points' worth of galactic war assets!

I've never played ME3 so I assume this is sarcasm and that's an inconsequential reward?

I looooooove ME2 and just want to get there as fast as possible. The one time I played through, I really hosed up the relationship with Jack and still regret it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Inzombiac posted:

I've never played ME3 so I assume this is sarcasm and that's an inconsequential reward?

I looooooove ME2 and just want to get there as fast as possible. The one time I played through, I really hosed up the relationship with Jack and still regret it.

It's laughably inconsequential

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

It's laughably inconsequential
Yeah it's not important at all - if anything it feels like it's just there as a little joke.

If memory serves there are some actual side missions in ME1 that will trigger a few callbacks in ME2 and ME3, but none of them have any material effect on the sequels as far as I know. Depending on how much you do in ME1, though, you get some extra starting XP and Paragon/Renegade points when you begin ME2. Hardly crucial though, especially with all the opportunities for extra XP and morality points offered by the included DLC, so I wouldn't let that keep you from speedrunning ME1 either.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sombrerotron posted:

Yeah it's not important at all - if anything it feels like it's just there as a little joke.

If memory serves there are some actual side missions in ME1 that will trigger a few callbacks in ME2 and ME3, but none of them have any material effect on the sequels as far as I know. Depending on how much you do in ME1, though, you get some extra starting XP and Paragon/Renegade points when you begin ME2. Hardly crucial though, especially with all the opportunities for extra XP and morality points offered by the included DLC, so I wouldn't let that keep you from speedrunning ME1 either.

Even the big ones like letting the rachni queen go or the tholian get mentioned off screen in ME3, it was one of my big complaints about it at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

only sidequest you possibly need to do is Luna and that's only for the prestige class unlock