Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

still no word on what Zabit is dealing with but he's out at least 6 months due to Health Problems:

https://tass.com/sport/1288469

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
A little weird that they didn't address and/or weren't asked about the surgery, considering the person who broke the surgery initially is a TASS reporter.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i do t listen to rogan, but i hope he goes HAM on the fools who think they can best a chimpanzee in unarmed combat

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Came to post this. Chimp is GOAT.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are kangaroos considered more dangerous than chimps?? This is...unsettling

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I’m very excited for tomorrow y’all

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

reeg posted:

Oh for sure. He was the heel of his season of TUF, making fun of Ramsey Nijem's recently dead dad (or grandfather? can't remember), then easily beating Ramsey in the finals. I remember being pumped when Michael Johnson beat Tony. Then Tony's fight style because so aggro and fun that it became basically impossible for me to root against him, but that doesn't make him not an obnoxious dipshit

He also taunted of that one guy for losing custody of his son. Tony's been an incredibly entertaining fighter but part of me still loves seeing him get his rear end kicked

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

still no word on what Zabit is dealing with but he's out at least 6 months due to Health Problems:

https://tass.com/sport/1288469

it's reportedly a congenital defect with his esophagus.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

do 6/7 people think they could beat a chimp, or did 6/7 people select "yes" for everything because it was funny?

as someone that once got paid to fill out an extremely long science survey for a prestigious university and put a fake answer that made me laugh for everything, ive never gotten over this little hole in the polling process

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Cyber Dog posted:

do 6/7 people think they could beat a chimp, or did 6/7 people select "yes" for everything because it was funny?

as someone that once got paid to fill out an extremely long science survey for a prestigious university and put a fake answer that made me laugh for everything, ive never gotten over this little hole in the polling process

it looks like 22 out of 80 men surveyed say they could kick a chimp's rear end vs 12/80 for women, unless im trading the graph wrong

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Don't forget that a substantial amount of the population believe the earth is flat and masks go underneath your nose

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Tony is honestly a bad person and a total jerk but he’s so loving cool in the ring that I will always love him

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

it's reportedly a congenital defect with his esophagus.

drat, that's a tough one to swallow.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Eat This Glob posted:

i hope so. chandler blocked me on twitter when he said he was fighting to represent the "stars and bars" and i told him that was the name of the confederate flag lol

ugh! could he BE any dumber

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Are kangaroos considered more dangerous than chimps?? This is...unsettling

they can jump an eight-foot fence from a standstill. imagine how strong their legs are, and what they have at the end of them:

you might be able to outrun a chimp with a head start, but lol at escaping a murder machine who can maintain usain bolt speeds for 2km.

quote:

chimps:
Top Speed: 25 miles per hour
Maintainable Distance: 100 meters

quote:

kangaroos:
speeds of up to 71 km/h (44 mph) can be attained over short distances, while it can sustain a speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) for nearly 2 km (1.2 mi). The faster a kangaroo hops, the less energy it consumes (up to its cruising speed).

basically imagine a EPO laden, roided out (complete with roid-rage) 8 foot barboza with knives on the end of his feet and he has an additional limb for balance.

......someone send this info to joe rogan

crepeface fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 15, 2021

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
maybe it's because it only exists in a tiny area of murderland (australia) but the cassowary is the only animal i am sure would kill me if it wanted to. right up there with a mama bear or some poo poo. turning a corner and seeing one just staring at me is the last time i knew true fear. the see also section of their wikipedia lists two things, 'raptor' and 'fancy name for raptor'. they are raptors.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
being a fat schlub with no experience fighting a toddler much less anything mildly threatening, i have zero confidence i could beat any of those things with my bare hands (including the rat, the house cat, and the goose)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I see making an argument for having some chance of success on everything large dog and down but everything above that you are completely utterly hosed lol

tho only questionable one might be crocodile since they are ambush predators and without element of surprise/a body of water and just you, the croc, the cage and herb dean, you might have a chance + can't teenage zookeepers just hold their mouths shut since they have very little power opening their mouths

I hate these animal graphs/discussions cause my dumb rear end falls for them every single time, maybe cause too much DBZ growing up :frogbon:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nis posted:

being a fat schlub with no experience fighting a toddler much less anything mildly threatening, i have zero confidence i could beat any of those things with my bare hands (including the rat, the house cat, and the goose)

the goose is a complete scrub. swans are where it's at.

https://youtu.be/g_pwPhFvgNo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

at least in NJ I see canadian geese gently caress people up all the time lmao

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I believe most rational adult men should draw the line at medium sized dog.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

beep by grandpa posted:

tho only questionable one might be crocodile since they are ambush predators and without element of surprise/a body of water and just you, the croc, the cage and herb dean, you might have a chance + can't teenage zookeepers just hold their mouths shut since they have very little power opening their mouths

how are you gonna submit the croc? if you're literally just holding its mouth shut the whole time while presumably not being very active, herb is gonna stand the fight back up

edit: i dont think any of our frail human bodies can do real damage to a croc

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Biting and scratching are against the unified rules, I'd cruise to a quick victory via DQ against most of these scrubs

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

it's just about dedication and mindset. do you feel like a winner? then no one can beat you. i started mining bitcoin to do my part in defeating all other animal species.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

it looks like 22 out of 80 men surveyed say they could kick a chimp's rear end vs 12/80 for women, unless im trading the graph wrong

oh youre totally right, i was looking at grizzly bear for some reason

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Chimp could use a gun

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Nis posted:

how are you gonna submit the croc? if you're literally just holding its mouth shut the whole time while presumably not being very active, herb is gonna stand the fight back up

Lay and pray, and put it in the judges' hands as the sold out crowd of 10,000 in the arena increasingly get bored and boo your performance

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

TheReverend posted:

I believe most rational adult men should draw the line at medium sized dog.

I beat up a German Shepard once and I think that is just about as far as my ability to beat up an animal goes. Anything bigger and there’s no way.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I could definitely beat up a German shepherd because I own two but they'd be mighty confused and heartbroken that I decided to start hitting them at 12 years of age with varying degrees of decrepitiude. Otherwise that's not a fight id feel all that confident in personally

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Eat This Glob posted:

People completely fail to understand just how much stronger animal muscle structure is than human - I watched an adult black bear just insert in it's claws along the edge of a car door and casually rip it open - tore the latching pin straight out of the door pillar in one smooth motion.

People who think they could take a chimp, have probably never heard about travis.. https://youtu.be/Spo4tzzKuD0

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I had to choke a dog that was latched onto another dog’s throat once, but I knew I wasn’t going to get bit since, y’know, her mouth was occupied.

A much dumber person, that dog’s owner, tried to break up another fight between them using her hands, and spent the following year rehabbing around a dozen broken bones and a fuckload of scar tissue. Once again, grappling is the superior defensive art.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Anyway here's a GDT, fights start in 15 minutes. Go fill out the goonweight form.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I had to choke a dog that was latched onto another dog’s throat once, but I knew I wasn’t going to get bit since, y’know, her mouth was occupied.

A much dumber person, that dog’s owner, tried to break up another fight between them using her hands, and spent the following year rehabbing around a dozen broken bones and a fuckload of scar tissue. Once again, grappling is the superior defensive art.

Sounds like they also tried to grapple the dog.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Who are these motherfuckers that think they can take on a King Cobra though??!!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Who are these motherfuckers that think they can take on a King Cobra though??!!

This brings up an important point, are we fighting the animals nude or do we get boots and thick pants etc ?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

This brings up an important point, are we fighting the animals nude or do we get boots and thick pants etc ?

I would answer as if I was clothed but not excessively so, like maybe jeans and sneakers and a lightweight t-shirt. No bats or gloves or anything.

And my limit would be large dog and that’s only 50 / 50.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I would say just basic every day clothes since any sort of work gloves render the house cat entirely harmless

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

but we get to cover ourselves and the room we are in in babyoil AND we get to call the animals pejoratives to get em worked up

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Nis posted:

edit: i dont think any of our frail human bodies can do real damage to a croc

Turns out an armbar works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

Turns out an armbar works

:drat: