Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the requests are nice as diagetic hints about how to trigger rare behaviors and interactions but i don't think i'm going to deliberately go for any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also while i was idling on the camp screen my dog started watching and growling at the pikachu walking around so this game's a 10/10

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Looper posted:

also while i was idling on the camp screen my dog started watching and growling at the pikachu walking around so this game's a 10/10

Your dog is a Gamer

When my family lived in Bahrain, my parents got my sister and me a copy of Pokemon Snap N64 for Christmas. I don't think they fully grasped the concept of the game before my sister and I first played it on Christmas day, but they were enthralled, and we binged pretty much all the content in a single session. That game still holds a really special place in my heart.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
requests are a hellfest mix of a few opaque possibilities for why your shot isnt counting: either you havent reached the final step in the infinitely elaborate rube goldberg scenario youre working toward or have missed a branch of it entirely (cool), you're shooting the right thing but havent hit the opportune, often split-second, often arbitrary moment within a protracted animation or sequence (less cool) which you can gauge through the pose score and mirror's canned comments, or you havent rolled an uncommon behavior (least cool). the real nightmare is when those three things combine in some way. dont tread where i have, save your sanity and wait for a certain upgrade a good ways into the game before you do any serious spelunking and just enjoy the ride until then: the speed booster is just a unilateral godsend for experimenting and executing, whether it's to get to your opportunity way faster, or to make setting everything up properly way easier, like the taillow wurmple battle royale even given that some of these must be on that baba is you brain poo poo bc i am just stumped on several. another thing im not terribly fond of is how many of the * through **** categories are one of several canned pokemon actions and youre basically just guessing whether a given pokemon does or doesnt have sleep, eat, happy, ect. as a full-on categorical qualifier and not just a nice pose for the same category. the thing that really murders all of this is that you can only get a single photo assessed per pokemon per trip.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
all of these complaints kind of disappear into the world theyve built though lol

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The ones that baffle me are like "Get a picture of a Pidgeot picking up a Magikarp" which tell you exactly what to do and I have a picture where that is definitely what is happening in the shot but I have no idea for what reason it's not accepting it. Do I need to have the subject of the shot be the Magikarp instead? Is it a timing issue? It'd be one thing if the game was like "aaaaaahh could you maaaaybe get the timing a little better?" it's literally telling me "nope that's not a photo of that" when, you know. It is.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
something that would be extremely nice for natural ambiguity arising from really fussy requests like that would be if you could see from the selection screen if a picture qualified for a request or not lol

i mean they tell you what * category a given picture belongs to before you lock it in, why so stingy on requests

it's just such a needless time-wasting obfuscation that doesnt contribute to the strength of the puzzle or satisfaction of the solve

bc the thing is, by my experience a given request not registering could comfortably fall into any of your theoretical reasons lol

edit: something ive given in on is looking at the highlight reel in the requests section as i play and if i luck into an arrow there from someone, great. i wasnt before out of weird personal stubborness in case i spoiled a solution to something but by this point im just chasing hours around in circles otherwise and besides, most of the time a picture is 10% of the story to how to get to that picture if it even does represent a request fulfillment in the first place. mostly its nice for the really rude ones that are like 'a pokemon is somewhere for some reason. i wonder why' to see a picture of the relevant situation that provides just a bit more info than literally nothing like 'oh this other pokemon is involved somehow'. besides i need to dole out those medals for the title

Violen fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 15, 2021

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
but you know, in that same breath youre talking about discovering whatever mortal peril magikarp will find itself in next so like, how mad can you really get

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
then on your dozenth run of trying to figure out why rita cant recognize a bird picking up a fish you notice heracross appreciating the birds fly by and its like oh, thats right, this is a good video game, i guess. gently caress you too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The ones that baffle me are like "Get a picture of a Pidgeot picking up a Magikarp" which tell you exactly what to do and I have a picture where that is definitely what is happening in the shot but I have no idea for what reason it's not accepting it. Do I need to have the subject of the shot be the Magikarp instead? Is it a timing issue? It'd be one thing if the game was like "aaaaaahh could you maaaaybe get the timing a little better?" it's literally telling me "nope that's not a photo of that" when, you know. It is.

You do need the Magikarp as the subject fwiw. As I said earlier there's exactly one request for each Pokemon, so if any involve pairs just check and see if you have another request for one of them and then you know which one needs to be the subject for it to count. Pidgeot has another request that's for it exclusively, so you can figure out that the other one must want Magikarp.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i keep meaning to try Dishonored again today but i'm busy getting stuck in snowrunner

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

wuggles posted:

Another good game about loops? Minit, from the makers of Disc Room

The Sexy Brutale is a great game with a 'loop'thing going too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stop reminding me to be excited for Deathloop while it's still impossible to find a PS5

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Big fan of Total War Shogun 2. Was trying to decide between playing Total War Rome Remastered or going straight to Rome 2, suggestions?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

While playing RE Village I thought it would be great with a gyro aiming option. Looked in the menus and sure enough there's a "Motion Sensor Camera Mode."

It's terrible.

Instead of working in conjunction with the right stick to fine tune aiming, the option disables the right stick completely and makes all camera and aiming controls use motion controls exclusively. It doesn't really work at all. If you want to turn around you have to crank the controller all the way to one side and wait for the character to turn like you're making a long sweeping turn in Mario Kart Wii. I'm surprised it's even an available option considering how unusable it is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Turn around and crank that, you say

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Motion controls and gyro controls are nearly always bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
wrong imo gyro aiming is far better than using a stick

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Gyro aiming in New Pokemon Snap rules

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I like gyros with tzatziki

...did Hades ever do any recipe-related content

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Remembering that one motion control shrine in Breath of the Wild and crying from instant onset of stress.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

wrong imo gyro aiming is far better than using a stick

I'm on my phone so just pretend I posted the sensible chuckle gif

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like gyros with tzatziki

...did Hades ever do any recipe-related content

Orpheus’s girlfriend makes that food that buffs you, does that count?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wonder if that feature is left over from 7’s VR support, you aim with your head there

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The Sexy Brutale is a great game with a 'loop'thing going too.

I feel the Sexy Brutale loops are too short and simple and there's several I solved accidentally on the first iteration before even knowing what I was supposed to do. As a result I never really came to care for the game's cast and world the way I came to care about the people I never even saw in Outer Wilds.

Chev fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 16, 2021

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

gyro aiming is good and is the closest console gaming has come to emulating mouse aiming

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does Ghost Trick count as a loop game?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The real question is: Does Pokemon Ranger count as a loop game?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Orpheus’s girlfriend makes that food that buffs you, does that count?

Pomegranate porridge... Maybe some day

This looks nice though

https://pixelatedprovisions.com/2020/09/29/hades-chicken-gyro/

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Prop Wash posted:

I was too much of a coward to finish Outer Wilds. also I kept getting eaten by fish and taking into account the travel time I just got tired of trying. I was really enjoying it up until then too, I should really just YouTube the ending.

It wasnt so much of being a coward but I just couldn't be bothered to go through the final sequence. I YouTubed the ending and it was neat I guess. Dont get me wrong, Outer Wilds is a cool game but it wasnt really fun to play at all

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i think the main thing i disliked about outer wilds was it was a game of the rules changing and you having to work them out (on a planet-by-planet basis) and some people are captivated by that, I was just endlessly confused and eventually bored

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
outer wilds has a lot of incredibly great ideas but there's also a lot of extremely frustrating and tedious instant death stuff which is particularly punishing with the travel time etc. needed to retry things which feels completely at odds with its strengths as a game. i eventually got sick of the anglerfish and gave up on it but i really really wanted to love it with how good the good things it does are

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I've found the worst place in all of video games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Objectivist paradise

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I've found the worst place in all of video games

my god, they're breeding

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

do they charge each other rent in some weird infinity loop?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that indicates a society that expelled all its landlords, pretty based tbh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1393796151623569410?s=20

Huh. Guitar for bards in-game is pretty cool.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I need a five-string bass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

maxed all the confidants in persona 5 royal before the december deadline, didn't even use one of those psychotic guides that micromanages what you should be doing every day; feeling like a pro gamer

also yes I romanced everyone I could so I can be murdered on valentine's day