Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Bakeneko posted:

Dominic Noble takes a look at the Dingo Pictures adaptation of The Hobbit

…Well, no, not really. But it certainly looks like it could’ve come from them.

ngl, that's an interesting art style

everything else is batshit tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Dingo Pictures is a truly incredible gift of terrible animation.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

If you want a bad looking Lord of the Rings adaption there is always the old Swedish one from 1971:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hel posted:

If you want a bad looking Lord of the Rings adaption there is always the old Swedish one from 1971:

That looks like an interesting PS1 game

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

watho posted:

i don’t dislike the story aspects of his videos but it’s very funny to me that we’ve come back to the late 2000s style of internet review that phelous and co relentlessly made fun of

I hate the story bits so I'm glad he's at least taking a cue from Linkara and adding time stamps for people like me so I can skip em and get to the essay part

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 15, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hel posted:

Not far off from the Bakshi version.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

At least the Bakshi one will always have this great theme, it just exudes adventure and I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjsWr9FT824

That and man, lookit that Gandalf

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 15, 2021

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I require donations. https://gofund.me/04a0893f

https://twitter.com/inugamikorone/status/1391216612540256256/photo/1

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm sad to say the game where the hero is a pretty boy-cyborg-vampire-ninja-cyborg who's ultimate villain is a football jock is not less embarrassing.

doublecyborg. that's cool.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Yardbomb posted:

At least the Bakshi one will always have this great theme, it just exudes adventure and I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjsWr9FT824

That and man, lookit that Gandalf

The Bakshi witch king is also extremely cool.

He doesn't sound cool, though.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 15, 2021

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Yardbomb posted:

Bayonetta is improved significantly moreso upon that good rear end haircut in 2.

I was genuinely surprised to learn that the same character designer did both Bayo 1 and 2, they're so different (and Bayo's design in 2 is amazing.)

I was completely unsurprised to be informed this lady was the designer of Bayonetta 2.

https://twitter.com/YourNerdWonder/status/1257840497864912897?s=20

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

watho posted:

i don’t dislike the story aspects of his videos but it’s very funny to me that we’ve come back to the late 2000s style of internet review that phelous and co relentlessly made fun of

I’ve been enjoying the story parts and I honestly couldn’t tell you why. It’s the kind of thing I’d rip on a lot of YouTubers for doing but Patrick’s hitting the right level of “this is stupid but fine, I’m gonna watch it” for me, I guess.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

That's not Bakshi, that's Rankin-Bass, but still. The RB Witch King sounds a bit like G1 Starscream, which I kind of got a kick out of as a kid.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAfb3f04mo

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

IronicDongz posted:

Always disappointed that the Peter Jackson Ringwraiths kept their cloaked forms even in the battle for Minas Tirith.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm sad to say the game where the hero is a pretty boy-cyborg-vampire-ninja-cyborg who's ultimate villain is a football jock is not less embarrassing.

at least it's dork embarrassing and not pervert embarrassing

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Dabir posted:

Sadly it's both, one of the bosses has extra arms which she use to constantly fondle herself.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Dabir posted:

Famously not-horny game series Metal Gear Solid.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hel posted:

Sadly it's both, one of the bosses has extra arms which she use to constantly fondle herself.

right, good point. but she's only in a little bit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dabir posted:

right, good point. but she's only in a little bit

Also literally everything else in the Metal Gear franchise related to women.

Playing MGS5 watching the rain cutscene or basically anything that happens to Quiet: yeah this definitely isn't some pervert's poo poo

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also literally everything else in the Metal Gear franchise related to women.

Playing MGS5 watching the rain cutscene or basically anything that happens to Quiet: yeah this definitely isn't some pervert's poo poo

Seriously, Survive is the one Metal Gear game that isn't creepy in that way.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

you will regret your words and your deeds

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

That's another reason MGS4 should've been the last one, because putting out a game where you can molest the female enemies at gun point should've been the end of Kojimas career.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

First modern game in the franchise hasyou stare at people's asses to find the nice curvy one that you recognized because the last time you saw Meryl the camera was basically shoved all the way in there.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

First modern game in the franchise hasyou stare at people's asses to find the nice curvy one that you recognized because the last time you saw Meryl the camera was basically shoved all the way in there.

Don't kinkshame

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Everyone's favorite MGS3 has a feature where you can hold down R1 to ogle the main female lead in any cutscene with her and snake in it.

I mean Bayonetta at least lets it lady cast members Be Cool and Do Cool Things and be important for the plot. Metal gear you're there to have your personal trauma get told to snake after the fact, be gazed upon then die horribly.

Genuinely there's nothing creepier in Bayonetta than the Beauty and the Beast Corp and how they're handled in the narrative. The photo shoot minigame alone is....amazingly, embarrassingly horrific

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 16, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Everyone's favorite MGS3 has a feature where you can hold down R1 to ogle the main female lead in any cutscene with her and snake in it.

I mean Bayonetta at least lets it lady cast members Be Cool and Do Cool Things and be important for the plot. Metal gear you're there to have your personal trauma get told to snake after the fact, be gazed upon then die horribly.

Genuinely there's nothing creepier in Bayonetta than the Beauty and the Beast Corp and how they're handled in the narrative. The photo shoot minigame alone is....amazingly, embarrassingly horrific

Yeah. I like parts of kojima and mgs3 but yeah his stuff is kinda gross to say the least. Some of it I can at least see where he is coming from. But lol. Out of all the weird horny dudes. I like yoko taro the best because his stuff is horny as gently caress but that’s like a main theme of his and he is at least honest about the horny poo poo. Plus his lady characters tend to be really cool and poo poo. https://twitter.com/pengun101/status/1393435595742064643 https://twitter.com/pengun101/status/1393351399149289479 Have some Filbert Shepard.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I do appreciate that the new Nier ending allows the female lead to directly reject and over turn the self-destructive impulses of the male lead from the previous final ending.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Big Sally Sahelanthropus is such a bizarre machine. "Okay do we'll strap a nuke to it. Also, let's give it depleted uranium armor so that these archaean cells can metabolize its own body into a bigger nuke. Also let's give it a sword while we're at it."

So not only is it a critique of the military industrial complex, it's also a critique of their procurement and design by committee.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is why Nintendo stays winning. They're the only company able to make a franchise that doesn't have relentlessly uncomfortably horny sections in their games.

Aside from Kirby and Yoshi at least. But they only get a game once every 4 years so we have a chance to recover from the last time.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

RareAcumen posted:

This is why Nintendo stays winning. They're the only company able to make a franchise that doesn't have relentlessly uncomfortably horny sections in their games.

Aside from Kirby and Yoshi at least. But they only get a game once every 4 years so we have a chance to recover from the last time.

Any game can have uncomfortably horny sections if you're brave enough.

Speaking of, I feel like this may be of interest to folks in this thread: https://franticfanfic.com/

Friends of mine made this game - think of it as a web-based Jackbox game for making fanfic by committee and having nice dramatic reading sections afterwards. Best played with non-randos.

stillvisions fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 16, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Bayo 2 was funded directly by them

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The fact the Chip and Ironicus LPs of MGS series exist validates every game after 2 imo :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Bayo 2 was funded directly by them

Also Xenoblade 2 was one of their big switch games.

Now THAT"S a horny game.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Or Nintendo lets their main female protagonist get the most godawful sexist treatment ever.

When's Metroid Prime 4 coming out anyways.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Fire Emblem, although to be fair Three Houses was a good course correction after the mess that was fates. Basically the games are fine as Shipping Simulator as opposed to marrying your underage cousin nightmare. Oh, and Heroes is just monetizing the horny, but I’m not sure if that counts since it’s a lovely mobile game.

The only other franchise I can think of is Samus which nearly killed the franchise. Zero Suit Samus was a mistake.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also Xenoblade 2 was one of their big switch games.

Now THAT"S a horny game.
Holy gently caress this game is so relentlessly horny I actually forgot it was Nintendo.

The game that let hentai artists design the characters.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Straight up, Samus should've always stayed in the armor, zero suit is lame.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
This is why Nintendo stays winning. They're the only company able to make people to forget how relentlessly uncomfortably horny games they make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Holy gently caress this game is so relentlessly horny I actually forgot it was Nintendo.

The game that let hentai artists design the characters.

I have bad news for you about artists for a huge percentage of major works.