Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

With Tony Khan buying song rights for theme songs, I've realized that the only reason I'd ever want Dexter Loomis to sign with AEW is the possibility of him walking to the ring to "Frontier Psychiatrist."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

MorningMoon posted:

...this is kinda the best Dark Order theme by miles??

Tough call with Anna Jay's but it is loving awesome that he's got a theme already.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

boxcarhobo posted:

its happening like memorial day weekend, cody is gonna bring in a bunch of marines for his entrance or some poo poo, i dont think he's losing (and i dont like the decision cody should basically just be putting people over at this point until he feels like doing an actual run for a title or something)

This is what they should do for Cody’s entrance but Ogogo should win and the marines should coming storming into the ring to avenge The American Dream and immediately get obliterated by tummy punches

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ogogo should win and they change the name to all english wrestling

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Cody doesn't win the sky cloth won't freedom anymore.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ogogo should win and then tattoo a UK skull on the other side of Cody's neck

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Like 4 years from now a heel Hangman page is going to brand Cody.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Negative Dave says that's all BS and the Bucks had to physically hold Kenny back from running out and giving Cody the OWA in the name of Canada.

I fuckin knew it!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

Luther doing the Mokap gimmick, you hate to see it.

Every wrestler in AEW is played by Luther in a mocap suit. He's one of the most versatile people out there able to do Mysterio Springs all the way to Brian Cage Powermoves to Angelico submissions to Cody terrible promos. The only downside is because Luther is playing every other wrestler, Luther himself is played by a bunch of stray cats they taped together.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gavok posted:

With Tony Khan buying song rights for theme songs, I've realized that the only reason I'd ever want Dexter Loomis to sign with AEW is the possibility of him walking to the ring to "Frontier Psychiatrist."

wtf no, Hangman should have that all the way right now

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Ogogo is going to beat up cody and then move here from england and take his job to set up the rest of this storyline

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lets go cody

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ogogo will punch cody rhodes and cody will lose control of his bladder and he will beg ogogo "dont hit me i pissed my pants,i peed myself you cant hit a pissbaby like me" and ogogo will agree "yes that would be bad" but then cody will roll him up and win and he will come out in a cody truck next week but its pee not bubbly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
cody brings the pac man championship back home to the states at Arcade Anarchy 2, enters "USA" as his initials, starts a hot sauce company

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

smarxist posted:

cody brings the pac man championship back home to the states at Arcade Anarchy 2, enters "USA" as his initials, starts a hot sauce company

Didn't the hot sauce cause cancer or kill people or something?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Waffleopolis posted:

Cody has not developed it yet.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

why would you take a single second out of your life thinking about dexter loomis

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Orange Carlisle posted:

why would you take a single second out of your life thinking about dexter loomis
He rules

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

worse, it made them aew discussion thread posters.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

This is what they should do for Cody’s entrance but Ogogo should win and the marines should coming storming into the ring to avenge The American Dream and immediately get obliterated by tummy punches

They should steal one of the rare good ideas WWE had when Miro pulled down an American flag and a marine "fan" stormed the ring and got kicked in the face.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

They should steal one of the rare good ideas WWE had when Miro pulled down an American flag and a marine "fan" stormed the ring and got kicked in the face.

they got Shawn Dean, Danny Limelight and Carlie Bravo all right there to take the shots

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Orange Carlisle posted:

He slithers around like a snake with a mustache

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pylons posted:

He lost to Darby and the QT Marshall feud isn't really over yet.

darby is literally like, been handpicked by cody for a big push from the very beginning of aew. remember that 20 minute draw? "cody lost the feud against the guy that he has had under his wing from the start" ah ok

anyway the reason i think ogogo is winning is because they have spent WAY too long building up anthony ogogo to his first match to have him lose straight away. even "cody wins" cant overcome that

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If Tony somehow got the rights to Common Man, and Cody comes out in polka dots, I’ll want him to win a decisive victory.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

shiksa posted:

darby is literally like, been handpicked by cody for a big push from the very beginning of aew. remember that 20 minute draw? "cody lost the feud against the guy that he has had under his wing from the start" ah ok

anyway the reason i think ogogo is winning is because they have spent WAY too long building up anthony ogogo to his first match to have him lose straight away. even "cody wins" cant overcome that

This is my thought process too. I guess they could use the Austin Gunn match to showcase Ogogo a bit more, but Cody's definitely the guy to ease in lesser known/unknown commodities. AEW's been super eager about Ogogo, wanting to debut him for their UK show pre-COVID, having him on Dark commentary here and there.

If the Nightmare Factory vs. The Factory feud is just Cody going through every member of the Factory just lmao me

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

hooman posted:

Every wrestler in AEW is played by Luther in a mocap suit. He's one of the most versatile people out there able to do Mysterio Springs all the way to Brian Cage Powermoves to Angelico submissions to Cody terrible promos. The only downside is because Luther is playing every other wrestler, Luther himself is played by a bunch of stray cats they taped together.

So that's what that screeching noise is

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh i just found out that th2's name in AAA is "the white boys from heaven" and god i wish AAA wasnt a legal 7 circles of hell bc thats incredible

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I missed if this was discussed but Ricky Starks on Renee's podcast was absolutely fantastic from what I've listened to. There's a little bit of re-tread of earlier pods but Renee is way more interested in family and the person he actually is.

He revealed his backstage clique is called the White House cuz they never get anything done and the whole delivery about pitching a hot dog stand had me giggling while out walking after midnight. Ricky is very good, he's such an endearing guy.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Waffleopolis posted:

I don't know how or why Billy Mitchell's hot sauce would cause cancer, but on the off chance it did I dodged a bullet, in that I went to the Classic Arcade Expo Tournament or whatever it's called up in New Hampshire in 2006(?) and they were touting a Billy Mitchell appearance. During the opening ceremonies they wheeled out a TV cart and showed a video message from Billy apologizing for not being able to make it, but to make it up to everyone he sent cases of his world famous hot sauce for everyone to try.

The video ended and the people hosting the event explained he never actually sent any hot sauce and moved on with the event.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

they wheeled out a TV cart and showed a video message from Billy apologizing for not being able to make it, but to make it up to everyone he sent cases of his world famous hot sauce for everyone to try.

The video ended and the people hosting the event explained he never actually sent any hot sauce

What a worker

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

I missed if this was discussed but Ricky Starks on Renee's podcast was absolutely fantastic from what I've listened to. There's a little bit of re-tread of earlier pods but Renee is way more interested in family and the person he actually is.

He revealed his backstage clique is called the White House cuz they never get anything done and the whole delivery about pitching a hot dog stand had me giggling while out walking after midnight. Ricky is very good, he's such an endearing guy.

He really is. I never knew the dude I saw in PROGRESS the two times he popped up would resurface on my radar years later and become one of my favs. He seems like a super cool dude from everything I've seen/heard outside the ring. Really hope he can become a featured player by next year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Folks if you think Cody's losing a rah rah patriotism storyline while honouring his dad's gimmick then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

And the people in the building are going to loving love it the way they did when he cut the lovely promo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody can turn this around if he comes out to Downstait covering Real American and goes full Kenny Powers with it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

JOHN CENA posted:

lets go cody

Cody sucks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He’s had some of the best and most memorable matches in AEW, while also having some of the worst and most memorable promos. I think… he’s good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW desperately needs writers to get out of this hole they're in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

beggar posted:

Cody sucks!

you've been reported and i will sit here waiting for your ban.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW desperately needs writers to get out of this hole they're in

This, but unironically.

Just someone to talk to all the different segment producers and work out how many run-ins, post match beatdowns, blade spots etc they've booked on a given dynamite and then change half of them to something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

blunt posted:

This, but unironically.

Just someone to talk to all the different segment producers and work out how many run-ins, post match beatdowns, blade spots etc they've booked on a given dynamite and then change half of them to something else.

You mean a head booker, and they've got one already, he just likes run-ins.