Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mind_Taker posted:

it feels better and better to not have voted for Joe Biden!

wow :mods: please ban this Trump lover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

loquacius posted:

Zoux decided that this story was apocryphal because the Dallas Morning News paraphrased it rather than getting a direct quote from Beto's dad

Beto's dad died in 2001

Although they are not exactly the same, I was "really telling on myself" by doing it which is just as bad :eng101:

robert o rourkes father was a 9-11 hijacker?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I hurt myself on occasion by checking to see what SNL is up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_dvlhCcuTQ

drat. That's pretty liberal (racist).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

fart simpson posted:

robert o rourkes father was a 9-11 hijacker?

between this and cruz being the Zodiac killer, I'm half expecting that Hawley's father was on the grassy knoll or something

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Excelzior posted:

between this and cruz being the Zodiac killer, I'm half expecting that Hawley's father was on the grassy knoll or something

josh hawley is a Bush?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/pewresearch/status/1393931755762114563

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Buncha of cowards

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I want my views over-represented in the government's models

Post, post, post. Never stop posting.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wow, how dare Pew Research besmirch the work of progressive icon, Neera Tanden

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

loquacius posted:

If anyone's curious btw it started on this page and went several more

The transphobia thing didn't come in until near the end, most of the runtime I was being told that I was repeating Republican attacks and that I might as well attack Trey Gowdy (a republican) for going by Trey

The fact that these freaks weren't banned is proof that you have to be trepanned to be a D&D mod.

Maybe a mod all together but I only have enough data to speak on D&D's behalf.

As a trans woman I wish all these people would stuff themselves into their trash compactors.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Raiad posted:

post biden voters realizing that they're party to genocide here

Multiple!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Raiad posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=46

except i'm pretty sure they don't realize it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/paulrubens/status/1393905261828616197?s=20

The Pod Bomb America boys are (more) directly complicit in war crimes

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

loquacius posted:

If anyone's curious btw it started on this page and went several more

The transphobia thing didn't come in until near the end, most of the runtime I was being told that I was repeating Republican attacks and that I might as well attack Trey Gowdy (a republican) for going by Trey

lmfaooooo it's delicious. Ty

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Unrelated anecdote: I currently have 500 likes on a Twitter reply about the incident that made me stop posting in D&D which feels pretty validating

(it was when multiple people called me a transphobe for deadnaming Beto)

lololol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/1393933086748921861?s=19

Jesus christ he's loving doubling down on it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

That's a lot of weasel words lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Mind_Taker posted:

it feels better and better to not have voted for Joe Biden!

Raiad posted:

sombrero
Oct 1, 2007

Raiad posted:

they're all actually very cool with and supportive of genocide

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

love 2 hug and kiss genocide

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

sombrero posted:

they're all actually very cool with and supportive of genocide

Yeah just like with the number of kids in concentration camp doubled last month. They are extremely cool with it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Thank goodness for the Biden administration🙏🏾. It almost feels weird having a government that's staffed by people who actually care about their jobs, want to do good and are doing everything they can to move the country forward 😔. That's how bad our state of affairs was. The number of migrants looking to cross the border has increased to a two-decade high, and there are huge numbers of unaccompanied children in that figure as well. To say it is an incredibly difficult and complex situation would be an understatement. I also believe Kamala is on the right track wrt illegal immigration. The US has to work with Mexico/South/Central America to help those countries stabilize their situation so that people don't feel the need to leave their homelands to try and make the dangerous journey here.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/RepRoKhanna/status/1387148734589456385?s=20

ro khanna is one of the "anti-war" dems and even he is talking up competition with China

lmao

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ok can somebody give me the short version of what’s actually happening in Gaza right now? All the news articles I’ve found employ a lot of “a violence happened and both sides are bad probably” language which isn’t helpful.

Also is it just me or are there more pro Palestine arguments on the news right now than normal? It’s still mostly pro Israel but the presence of a counter argument at all in places like NPR is weird to me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

readingatwork posted:

Ok can somebody give me the short version of what’s actually happening in Gaza right now? All the news articles I’ve found employ a lot of “a violence happened and both sides are bad probably” language which isn’t helpful.

Also is it just me or are there more pro Palestine arguments on the news right now than normal? It’s still mostly pro Israel but the presence of a counter argument at all in places like NPR is weird to me.

bibs can’t form a government so he’s invading to shore up support for whenever their next election is

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I don't know all the details, but there was footage of Israeli crowds cheering a fire at a holy place on top of footage of IDF just busting into places attacking children, and it's caused them to really lose their usual grip on the narrative.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

Thank goodness for the Biden administration🙏🏾. It almost feels weird having a government that's staffed by people who actually care about their jobs, want to do good and are doing everything they can to move the country forward 😔. That's how bad our state of affairs was. The number of migrants looking to cross the border has increased to a two-decade high, and there are huge numbers of unaccompanied children in that figure as well. To say it is an incredibly difficult and complex situation would be an understatement. I also believe Kamala is on the right track wrt illegal immigration. The US has to work with Mexico/South/Central America to help those countries stabilize their situation so that people don't feel the need to leave their homelands to try and make the dangerous journey here.

lmao how Sleepy Joe continues the US policy of giving Israel a blank check for things like bombing of dense urban areas and destroying infrastructure in the Gaza strip

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"I talked to someone who *used* to work out of that building periodically who said he believed there may have been Hamas offices there."
                      /

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Tommy's now attacking Avi for screenshotting his statement.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

readingatwork posted:

https://apnews.com/article/israel-middle-east-west-bank-shootings-d5c6b1ed602844be69318bd1d1a334cf

It all started with the closest equivalent of the Canadian army shooting up a U.S. church on Christmas Day. Israel ramped up police presence massively during Ramadan, inside mosques for whatever reason, then this fighting broke out with the media claiming it "wasn't clear who started it". This event was quickly buried after Hamas retaliated by launching missiles, killing seven Israeli civilians, and then Israel responded by bombing Gaza and killing hundreds of civilians.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 17:18 on May 16, 2021

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

israel developing a new innovative app which turns dead kids into facebook likes

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Biden's admin is further fanning the flames by just full-throatedly backing the IDF's attacks instead of even bothering to couch it in "both sides" stuff.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

galenanorth posted:

https://apnews.com/article/israel-middle-east-west-bank-shootings-d5c6b1ed602844be69318bd1d1a334cf

It all started with the closest equivalent of the Canadian army shooting up a U.S. church on Christmas Day. Israel ramped up police presence massively during Ramadan, inside mosques for whatever reason, then this fighting broke out with the media claiming it "wasn't clear who started it". This event was quickly buried after Hamas retaliated by launching missiles, killing seven Israeli civilians, and then Israel responded by bombing Gaza and killing hundreds of civilians.

Ah. That explains it, thanks. It’s astonishing how bad the media is at communicating the basic facts about this stuff.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zerilan posted:

Tommy's now attacking Avi for screenshotting his statement.

Even better, he just said this

https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/1393959526416609284?s=19

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I appreciate takes like these, if only they remembered them in 4 years.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

readingatwork posted:

Last week, Israelis began forcibly removing Palestinians from their homes in the occupied section of Jerusalem called Sheikh Jarrah. This is not "new" behavior in the sense that the Israelis have generally always been able to bust into a Palestinian home, force its people to leave for no better reason than because the Israelis are armed and/or have a mob or troops backing them, but apparently there was some kind of specific legal "victory" that was awarded to Israelis that gave them the green-light to begin doing this.

Palestinians obviously resisted these take-overs and began protesting.

In "reprisal", Israelis began tear-gassing and assaulting Palestinians right inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque, one of the holiest places for Islam.

Palestinians then escalated their resistance in return.

Israel has then escalated their own bombing and abuse in return-return.

Raskolnikov38 is also correct in that the Israelis are doing this particular wave of war criming because an election is coming up and Netanyahu needs them votes.

That it's becoming more brutal and less restrained and less defensible is just a symptom of the fascist extremism getting more extreme over time.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

I hurt myself on occasion by checking to see what SNL is up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_dvlhCcuTQ

drat. That's pretty liberal (racist).

Wow black people are loud! I've never seen this explored let alone in better executed ways.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1393755654414811137?s=19

No startup or innovation culture.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I appreciate takes like these, if only they remembered them in 4 years.

Yeah that's how I feel about these kinds of posts. They'll forget all this once the news cycle moves on and the media can focus on some Republican boogyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

These articles from late 2014 were also helpful background:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...N0IP0OV20141105
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/al-aksa-mosque-israel-palestinians.html

NYT posted:

The secretary general of the United Nations on Monday condemned what he called “provocations” at Jerusalem’s holy sites, hours after the Israeli police said officers had locked Palestinians inside Al Aksa Mosque to thwart a riot as Jews visited for the holiday of Sukkot.

Scores of officers entered the mosque compound in the Old City of Jerusalem at 7 a.m. on Monday and found “petrol bombs, stones, bottle rockets and fireworks” as well as “masked Palestinians,” according to the police spokesman, Micky Rosenfeld. The officers shuttered the mosque with an unknown number of Palestinians inside, Mr. Rosenfeld said, as several hundred Jews and non-Muslim tourists ascended to Al Aksa compound during regular visiting hours, starting at 8 a.m.
Mr. Rosenfeld said no one was hurt or arrested. Among the visitors was Moshe Feiglin, a right-wing Israeli lawmaker, whose prior pilgrimages to the site have been a focal point for clashes.

The 37-acre compound is the holiest site in Judaism, and the third holiest in Islam. Jews call it the Temple Mount, Muslims the Noble Sanctuary. It has been a focus of increasing tension and violence in recent months. On Wednesday, before the
weeklong Sukkot festival, three officers were hurt, and nine Palestinians were arrested in a confrontation where, Mr. Rosenfeld said, the police used stun grenades to disperse a crowd throwing stones, firebombs and other projectiles.

Reuters posted:

Palestinian officials said Israeli forces had crossed the threshold of the mosque for the first time since 1967. Israeli police denied going into the house of worship.
Speaking in Paris as he prepared to meet U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh said Amman withdrew its ambassador because of the situation at the al-Aqsa mosque compound.
“We have sent repeated messages to Israel directly and indirectly that Jerusalem is a red line,” Judeh said.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 17:40 on May 16, 2021