Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’ve had the camera bug happen two or three times. a few seconds after entering a building on a planet. It seems to go away if you exit/enter a building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Baron von der Loon posted:

I'm currently going through Mass Effect 1 on a XBox One S(so the cheap version). While I'm having an absolute blast going through it and am really happy with the changes they've made(the gameplay feels less like a chore than before), there have been two bugs cropping up that kinda stand out for me.

• At random, Shepard will face one particular direction and keep doing that. In whatever direction I move or turn the camera, she will continue to face that direction. The controls also adapt to it. Oddly enough, whenever I shoot, it does seem to be firing at whatever I'm aiming at with the crosshair. After just trying to walk around a bit and rotating the camera, it generally goes away after a minute. Mostly seems to happen in outdoor environments. I've had this happened about once every 1-2 hours.
  • This one specifically happened in Bring Down The Sky. Whenever I would enter an indoor environment, the sound would sometimes cut out for a short period, as if someone unplugged something. Oddly enough, one of the squad members would disappear shortly after. If this would happen consecutively, they would both be missing. At one point, enemies were firing at the floor, so I assume they must've moved there somehow. After a cutscene, they would return but obviously glitched. No animations and just teleporting next to me wherever I'd go. Only way to resolve it was to go to the Normandy and then back. I had the sound briefly cut out during Virmire as well, but that was about 2-3 seconds and nothing bad happened then with the squad.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? I haven't read anyone else having similar issues.

The first glitch happened to me for a few seconds, I remember I think at least in my case I think I was pushing in a different direction as I was going through a doorway or something, it was weird. Shepard was facing me and walking backwards for a few seconds.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Sombrerotron posted:

Oh stop it, you're going to make me repost dreadful fan art again...

the old mass effect secret santa stuff is still online, including the garrus choose your own adventure thing rinkles made, what a wild ride that was

http://masseffectsaves.com/mess.php

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Baron von der Loon posted:

• At random, Shepard will face one particular direction and keep doing that. In whatever direction I move or turn the camera, she will continue to face that direction. The controls also adapt to it. Oddly enough, whenever I shoot, it does seem to be firing at whatever I'm aiming at with the crosshair. After just trying to walk around a bit and rotating the camera, it generally goes away after a minute. Mostly seems to happen in outdoor environments. I've had this happened about once every 1-2 hours.
  • This one specifically happened in Bring Down The Sky. Whenever I would enter an indoor environment, the sound would sometimes cut out for a short period, as if someone unplugged something. Oddly enough, one of the squad members would disappear shortly after. If this would happen consecutively, they would both be missing. At one point, enemies were firing at the floor, so I assume they must've moved there somehow. After a cutscene, they would return but obviously glitched. No animations and just teleporting next to me wherever I'd go. Only way to resolve it was to go to the Normandy and then back. I had the sound briefly cut out during Virmire as well, but that was about 2-3 seconds and nothing bad happened then with the squad.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? I haven't read anyone else having similar issues.
Yeah, I've had both the camera bug and various sound glitches on Series X. I actually had the in-game sound cut out completely on Eden Prime (specifically on the train, it fixed itself when I got to the next area) and thought my lovely cheap headphones died, but when I paused the game the audio came right back and then immediately cut out again when I returned to gameplay. :shepface:

Shepard also really likes auto-equipping the sniper rifle whenever I go to the inventory and switch to a new pistol or shotgun. The next time I press LB to swap weapons, he usually whips out the sniper rifle for some reason.

The game definitely could use a couple of patches.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

DourCricket posted:

-AI bugging out more than usual while trying to pathfind

This seems to manifest in a myriad of ways. Squadmates will start blasting away into a wall as soon as combat starts because there's an enemy on the other side. There's always one enemy who's perfectly happy to sit crouched behind a crate on the far side of the area forever until you walk up and point a shotgun in their face (though I've also found telling a squadmate to run over there usually breaks them out of their trance too). And just now I was watching some husks running in circles like a Three Stooges routine while we plinked away at them.

The thing is, those are all issues from the originals, so it's hard to tell if they're really worse, or if I'm just noticing them more.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

This seems to manifest in a myriad of ways. Squadmates will start blasting away into a wall as soon as combat starts because there's an enemy on the other side. There's always one enemy who's perfectly happy to sit crouched behind a crate on the far side of the area forever until you walk up and point a shotgun in their face (though I've also found telling a squadmate to run over there usually breaks them out of their trance too). And just now I was watching some husks running in circles like a Three Stooges routine while we plinked away at them.

The thing is, those are all issues from the originals, so it's hard to tell if they're really worse, or if I'm just noticing them more.

I feel like the ai is broken in consistently different ways than the original, but maybe I just never encountered them much in my many og ME playthroughs. Specifically the enemies just hunkering down and refusing to move or attack. Oh well, shep will just methodically walk over there like she's Anton Chigurh

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Wingnut Ninja posted:

And just now I was watching some husks running in circles like a Three Stooges routine while we plinked away at them.

Therian creepers do this too and it’s so loving funny because they have their arms up like old movie mummies it rules

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It’s a minor thing to get annoyed about but it’s pretty dumb that Bioware didn’t fix the Conrad bug in their remaster because they wrote dialogue in ME3 about how they never fixed it. If an unofficial save editor could fix the problem with a single click how hard could it have actually been.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

It’s a minor thing to get annoyed about but it’s pretty dumb that Bioware didn’t fix the Conrad bug in their remaster because they wrote dialogue in ME3 about how they never fixed it. If an unofficial save editor could fix the problem with a single click how hard could it have actually been.

Agree. Afaicr the ME3 line is like "Hey sorry if I accused you of shoving a gun in my face if you didn't. I was going through a lot at the time". Doesn't really feel like enough of a line to justify basically erasing the work that went into whatever the Paragon scene in ME2 was.

Also tbh making that scene work is the closest the remaster would have come to new story content so I was kinda hoping they'd do it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Finished my run of ME1, It's been a year or two since I last played through the trilogy but I felt that this new version played and looked so much better. Didn't quite hit level 30, got close though.

I'm doing a gimmick run where I'm making choices semi-randomly by rolling a dice for the big choices, even ran a dice tower off on my 3D printer to get some more random rolls since I somehow suck at rolling dice.
Surprisingly Rex lived, thought the dice was going to kill him, but I expect the suicide mission to be a loving massacre though.

I don't tend to take many screenshots, but here are the few I took.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kibayasu posted:

I'm overall pretty much over the moon for this remaster but my personal bugaboo is that given the stuff they did to cut out Miranda's most gratuitous butt shots and the subtle alterations to Liara's face I was a bit surprised to see reporter Emily Wong show up with windows both above and below her boobs.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
How did I never notice Gianna Parasini's lisp before? :psyduck:

Adminithrator Anoleith? Commander Thepard is here to thee you.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Doctor Nutt posted:

over the moon ... cut out Miranda's most gratuitous butt shots

Heh.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

DourCricket posted:

If you want to do 90% instead of a 100% playthrough you can just land on planets and go straight to the main objective - it'll be labeled as a camp/structure/whatever and not an anomaly or probe. You do miss out on resources and a couple minor reactions in the subsequent games (and a slightly larger one in 3) but it's not really worth it if you're not enjoying it. Especially in terms of resources its way less time consuming to just planet scan more in 2 than drive all over creation ten times over like chaosapiant does

Yep, I've had this occur. Going into the menu or loading screen fixes it.
I've had MANY little bugs -
-Weapons not equipping right
-AI bugging out more than usual while trying to pathfind
-Weapons disappearing from hands
-Enemies falling through floors even more often

This needs a few patches.

I spent most of Feros effectively solo as the squad AI just stopped moving.

They could still fight, provided a cutscene warped them to me and spawned in some enemies, but they wouldn't budge an inch until I got stuck in some rocks during the Thorian fight and reloaded a save.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like there's some sort of bug sometimes with determining NPC hostility. I've had one situation where I successfully used electronics/decryption (forget which) and immediately afterwards all the security devices in the room attacked me, when I'm pretty sure was supposed to be prevented by using the skill. This also lead to all the guards in the lab facility becoming hostile. When I returned to the quest NPC (forget his name, started with a V) he and his group were all hostile.

Also, when going into (I believe) the Binary Helix offices in Noveria I used a Charm dialogue and the guards said "okay we'll leave" and then immediately after leaving dialogue all the guards were hostile.

edit: Unrelated, but for some reason if I try to play in 4k it says that the game is running at 60fps (I do 4k on my TV, which is 60hz), but it definitely looks like less than 60fps. 1440p on my monitor, on the other hand, looks perfectly smooth (and runs at like 120fps since the monitor supports that).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 16, 2021

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
What's that station at the end of ME1's paragon hero picture meant to be?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Thom12255 posted:

What's that station at the end of ME1's paragon hero picture meant to be?

incredibly rad

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Your Shepard looks nice! :)

The default femshep looks horrible so I went with one of the premade options, the one with short, red hair.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Vichan posted:

Your Shepard looks nice! :)

The default femshep looks horrible so I went with one of the premade options, the one with short, red hair.

Was just thinking that the default femshep looks really bad now that the customs can look so good. I can't recall but did they model default femshep after a real person like the default maleshep? Because it really feels like a "waifu by committee" design, in no part helped by the voting on her hair color.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like there's some sort of bug sometimes with determining NPC hostility. I've had one situation where I successfully used electronics/decryption (forget which) and immediately afterwards all the security devices in the room attacked me, when I'm pretty sure was supposed to be prevented by using the skill. This also lead to all the guards in the lab facility becoming hostile. When I returned to the quest NPC (forget his name, started with a V) he and his group were all hostile.

If that's in noveria it's intentional. You're only hacking the door, not the entire security system.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Doctor Nutt posted:

Was just thinking that the default femshep looks really bad now that the customs can look so good. I can't recall but did they model default femshep after a real person like the default maleshep? Because it really feels like a "waifu by committee" design, in no part helped by the voting on her hair color.
Default ME3 FemShep always looked strange, but I feel the model's slightly less off-putting now. I don't think they used a real-life model, considering that all the other characters based on actual persons generally look all right (Miranda's chipmunk cheeks excepted).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sombrerotron posted:

Default ME3 FemShep always looked strange, but I feel the model's slightly less off-putting now. I don't think they used a real-life model, considering that all the other characters based on actual persons generally look all right (Miranda's chipmunk cheeks excepted).

I really wish they had and it seemed weird that they instead created a frankenfemshep when the reason the default male looked so good was because it was face mapped off a real person. In fact they should have updated sheploo with how he currently looks because :swoon: but thats a big ol digression

Also I watched chuck and Yvonne stravhoski does kinda have chipmunk cheeks, I just think the rendering tech at the time didn't do well with those kinds of details.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It's fine, Ashley will always have a spot in my Normandy. Someone's gotta wear all this goofy rear end heavy human armor

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Doctor Nutt posted:

IIRC default broshep was a model you could never create yourself while pre-ME3 femshep was basically a preset, they rectified it in ME3 but I hated the way she turned out and never used her, and from what I can remember an imported 'old' femshep didn't carry over correctly.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lol but also I'd rather have the space racist in my squad than carth loving onasi

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Vichan posted:

IIRC default broshep was a model you could never create yourself while pre-ME3 femshep was basically a preset, they rectified it in ME3 but I hated the way she turned out and never used her, and from what I can remember an imported 'old' femshep didn't carry over correctly.

Yeah I am aware sorry I meant that one from ME3 that they did that was supposed to be the equivalent of the default male that you couldn't customize.

Also I need to echo the concerns about the audio mixing, I really hope they have the resources to do a post-launch audio pass.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah. Default Broshep was based on a male model and had unique face model (might be the only character in ME1 with one, every other human/asari character used the face-gen system) and femshep was just a face-gen.

For ME3 they wanted to push femshep more (alternate box art, including her in trailers) so they made a unique model for her. Rather than basing her on a model they made a few faces and ran a fan poll. There was a bit of outrage when the model with blond hair won, so they ran a second poll to decide on hair colour and the redhead version won that one.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

I really wish they had and it seemed weird that they instead created a frankenfemshep when the reason the default male looked so good was because it was face mapped off a real person. In fact they should have updated sheploo with how he currently looks because :swoon: but thats a big ol digression

Also I watched chuck and Yvonne stravhoski does kinda have chipmunk cheeks, I just think the rendering tech at the time didn't do well with those kinds of details.
Yeah, no idea why they didn't just find a suitable model for the face (and maybe also the hair - I suspect it would've worked a little better with a different mesh). I understand that they had the whole vote on what FemShep should look like, but in the end the ME3 model hardly matched the official art anyway.

As for Miranda, I think it's both a lighting and modelling/animation issue. The base model may be quite accurate, but she doesn't really seem to have a neutral expression - unless she's upset, she always has this odd semi-smile which accentuates her cheeks.

Vichan posted:

Transferring your Shepard from ME1 to ME2 to ME3 could be a bit of a hassle. It was fine if you imported a save from ME1 to ME2, but ME1 didn't have face codes, so if you wanted to start afresh in ME2 you'd have to look up the face code in a separate imported save or recreate the face from scratch. Then the character creator and/or assets were changed a bit in ME3, so reusing the same face code (either via an imported save or by copying and pasting it) could yield somewhat different results.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

While the remaster def introduced some bugs anybody who thinks the husk/creeper run around in circles behavior wasn't already there got some rose tinted glasses hard

Funniest enemies in the game since OG launch because you just backpedal three feet and their pathfinding just Stops.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Doctor Nutt posted:

Not just the hair color - the first round of voting was more broad (if you ignore half the options being identical white person faces, with most of the other features re-used between the rest).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Robot Style posted:

Not just the hair color - the first round of voting was more broad (if you ignore half the options being identical white person faces, with most of the other features re-used between the rest).

I forgot that literally every other option was better than the one we got.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Flawless Widescreen to the rescuuuue

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Robot Style posted:

The bottom one is the best solely because the face doesn't look as derpy as the others. The blonde one would be my second choice.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Still a bit salty #4 didn't win

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Veotax posted:

I forgot that literally every other option was better than the one we got.
The faces of 1 through 5 are virtually the same, the only material difference being the hair - and the public voted for a redhead version of #3. We'd have got the same odd face regardless, although as I mentioned I do believe that a different hair mesh could've helped somewhat.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh yeah, I know the faces are the same. I just think that every other hair style is more interesting than the winner.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The ME3 default female Shep is a poor counterpart to Sheploo, she's weirdly boxy which makes her look like something lying around from the N64 era. I'd take the OG default over her any day but it's way more fun to just make your own anyway.

Mayor Dave posted:

Lol but also I'd rather have the space racist in my squad than carth loving onasi

But he's nothing like Carth Onasi, you div. He's a chill and professional Canadian dude at peace with himself.
:colbert:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Mayor Dave posted:

This was the main reason why I never gave him a chance before, this is the first time I'll be picking him over Ashley.

I still won't romance him, Liara all the way. :heysexy:

What are some good romance options for ME2 femshep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is anyone else finding dialogue checks actually harder? I'm playing with my charm maxed as much possible at all times and I didn't get the last paragon dialogue for the rear end in a top hat Admiral that jumps you on the Citadel with a surprise inspection, and I couldn't talk down the Exogeni rear end in a top hat on Feros. Last time I played I had zero issues with either of those checks and this is starting to get frustrating because it seems like my points would be better spent elsewhere since I keep getting hosed out of the last paragon option in any given scenario.