Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
it's seriously hard to overstate how big an impact losing the Border War, and all the land that became Namibia, had on South Africa

sure, officially it was a 'negotiated peace', but it was a negotiated peace in which SA got nothing and their opponents got everything they wanted, and the guerrilla movement that had spent decades fighting them were elected to power and have governed the independent territories since. it was a huge blow to the national morale of the white minority that they never really recovered from, and seriously damaged the legitimacy of the government. apartheid certainly wouldn't have ended when it did if they hadn't lost that war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

how u feel bout making fun of a self noted autist spectrum haver now?? huh?? huh??

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Im autistic and dont feel the need to bothsides ethnic cleansing

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mister Bates posted:

it's seriously hard to overstate how big an impact losing the Border War, and all the land that became Namibia, had on South Africa

sure, officially it was a 'negotiated peace', but it was a negotiated peace in which SA got nothing and their opponents got everything they wanted, and the guerrilla movement that had spent decades fighting them were elected to power and have governed the independent territories since. it was a huge blow to the national morale of the white minority that they never really recovered from, and seriously damaged the legitimacy of the government. apartheid certainly wouldn't have ended when it did if they hadn't lost that war.

The fact that Cuba of all countries intervened in Angola and fought the South Africans remains one of the most mind blowing events in modern history to me. Absolutely wild stuff.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

turd in my singlet posted:

:same:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

*Watches Ford Focus crash into IDF checkpoint at high speed*

"When will Henry Ford stop with the anti-semitism?"

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

The fact that Cuba of all countries intervened in Angola and fought the South Africans remains one of the most mind blowing events in modern history to me. Absolutely wild stuff.

and then promptly left after they had won, asking for literally nothing as repayment from the countries whose freedom they had helped win, not even trade concessions

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Mister Bates posted:

and then promptly left after they had won, asking for literally nothing as repayment from the countries whose freedom they had helped win, not even trade concessions

cuba is so awesome literally the greatest country in the Western Hemisphere

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

i am harry posted:

I've cheered glenn greenwald getting his loving rear end kicked, and I'm not sorry that upsets you.

Oh goon, do gently caress off

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the funniest part of it to me is that the US government, and American Trotskyist orgs, denounced Cuba's behavior in southern Africa, which objectively consisted of some of the most selfless acts of internationalism in modern history, as 'Cuban imperialism'

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Glory to Cuba

death to israel

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cuba should have kept their nukes and give some to gaza

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Mister Bates posted:

the funniest part of it to me is that the US government, and American Trotskyist orgs, denounced Cuba's behavior in southern Africa, which objectively consisted of some of the most selfless acts of internationalism in modern history, as 'Cuban imperialism'

Recognizing the American government and trots as two separate entities is an exercise in redundancy.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Rutibex posted:

Careful, gonna start giving Israel ideas of giving nukes to Gaza

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Rutibex posted:

the gazan missile grisis

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

Glory to Cuba

death to israel

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

solidarity from the bay area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zo74x0Olj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2_Y3GmeC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4loZu5cohg

:d2a:

dti

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mister Bates posted:

I always lol how when Cuban sends resources like doctors overseas, western media has articles on "What the real motivation / foreign policy manipulation!"

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

The idea that SA were a group of racist shitheads was also mainstream in the US, to the point that it featured in the plots of big Hollywood movies and prime time network shows. There is 0% of that happening with regard to Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4CFjrjBxc

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol nice thats also from the SF protest

also zuck lives just a few blocks away from where that rally took place lol i hope it made his circuits overheat and damaged his cpu also maybe hamas can aim some rockets his way tia

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/babaghanuuj/status/1393863004651917313?s=20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

death to israel

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
free Palestine

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

free Palestine

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/YairWallach/status/1393998501378510852

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

turd in my singlet posted:

:mood:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Do it ironically posted:

free Palestine

I’m sure Biden will get around to it

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Do it ironically posted:

free Palestine

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

why does anyone care what about what she says? is her opinion more important just because her dad destroyed a bunch of planes?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

why does anyone care what about what she says? is her opinion more important just because her dad destroyed a bunch of planes?

Apparently middle aged women love her? She's had a pretty long career on daytime TV.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
she's an extreme good dunk target. she is the Shawn bradley of politics. everyone lining up to posterize her.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the Palestinian flag is so utterly repressed in Israel that people started using watermelons as a substitute thanks to its similar colors, then they went and cracked down on that

in other food related insurrection, The Wanted 18 is a story about 18 dairy cows which were deemed a threat to israels state security, and how the Palestinian community hid them around the west bank like a 1,500 lbs Anne Frank

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

i am harry posted:

I've cheered glenn greenwald getting his loving rear end kicked, and I'm not sorry that upsets you.

what is it about a fascist assaulting a gay man that is appealing to you?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

sorry if this was posted already but lmfao i didn't even know IGN israel was a thing until just now
https://twitter.com/mediavandal/status/1393664710663294982

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Do it ironically posted:

free Palestine

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Reality Protester posted:

she's an extreme good dunk target. she is the Shawn bradley of politics. everyone lining up to posterize her.

Sadly for Shawn he’s easier than ever to dunk on these days

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

what is it about a fascist assaulting a gay man that is appealing to you?

idk he's said some transphobic loving nonsense so draping his dumb rear end crusade in the rainbow flag feels disingenuous, at best.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

5,000 protesting in solidarity in seattle godspeed and dti

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
shut the gently caress up about gren gleenwald jesus

dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011