Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Hello! Ma *SKREEEEEEEEEEE*
Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

I'm curious what your exact prompt was, because those results are very good.

My prompt is:

S: Cone of Cold
B: You twirl your hand as the final gesture, and a whirlwind erupts from it to roar outward. Flakes of snow and shards of ice materialize in the freezing air, whipping in ever-widening circles as the blast fans out from your fingertips. The skin of your hand grows pale and tingles with the cold, but it’s nothing compared to what the spell inflicts on your enemies.
###
S: Electric Casting of Healing Word
B: With your wounded comrade crying out for succor, while attackers still rain down blows upon them, you petition your deity, the Lord of Storms, to bestow their blessing. As your intonations fade, you feel power course through your body, exploding out of your fingertips, divine energies arcing from your body to your companion’s wounds. With a sizzle, lightning plays over the open wound, replacing the afflicted area with a dull black burn. Almost immediately, the char begins to flake off and fall to the ground, revealing new, healthy skin beneath.
###
S: (some spell name)
B:

Which is a pretty inefficient use of tokens but I have been loving the results. S for spell, B for Boxed Text.

Ogdred Weary posted:

Can you do one for Pissbrial, please and thank you ❤️

S: Pissbrial
B: As you finish the incantation, a stream of urine arcs out from your body and splashes against the ground, steaming in the cold air. The urine quickly freezes into a small puddle of ice, and the stench of ammonia fills the air.

Splicer posted:

Grab a gp2 list of spells and plug it into a gp3 description please and thank you

From AI Weirdness's GPT2 List

S: Moss Healing Word
B: Moss grows from the ground to cover the wound, and as it does, you feel a surge of power course through your body. You intone a blessing over your patient, and as you do so, a green glow suffuses their body. As the glow fades away, so too does the wound, leaving behind healthy skin.

S: Hold Mouse
B: You point your finger at the mouse, and it freezes in place. It stares at you with its black beady eyes, but otherwise doesn’t move.

S: Barking Sphere
B: You bark at the sphere, and it begins to roll away. As it does so, it grows in size, sprouting a thicket of branches and leaves from its surface. The sphere soon becomes a small shrub, then a sapling, then a tree. Its trunk is as thick as a large man, and its canopy towers high above. The tree is a magnificent specimen, with a wide trunk and many branches. Its bark is thick and gray, its leaves are a deep green, and its branches bear clusters of red berries.

S: Heat on Farm
B: You wave your hands in a circular motion, and the ground around you begins to steam. The air grows thick with humidity, and a hot breeze begins to blow from your outstretched palms. As you continue the gesture, the air grows warmer and warmer, until it’s almost unbearable to stand in the circle.

S: True Steake
B: You drive your spear into the ground, and it begins to writhe like a serpent. It darts forward, striking at your foe, and then returns to you. You reach out with your hand and it leaps from the ground again, this time striking at your enemy’s weapon. It circles back to you, and you grasp it. You pull it out of the ground, and it returns to its original form as a spear.

S: Finger of Enftebtemang
B: You point your finger at the ground in front of you, and as you complete the gesture, a glowing line appears on the ground. The line stretches out for a short distance, then stops abruptly. A moment later, a small tremor shakes the ground beneath your feet. The line suddenly glows brightly, and a small ball of fire erupts from the ground, growing to the size of a large dog. The fire burns for a few seconds, then disappears with an audible pop.

S: Fomend's Beating Sphere
B: You chant a few words, and a globe of transparent force appears in your hands. The sphere pulses with a gentle light, and you feel the force within it thrum with power. You release the spell, and it wafts into the air above your allies’ heads. The force globe hovers in place for a moment, then splits into smaller globes that speed toward your allies, each one enveloping an ally within it. The globe contracts around the ally, and you hear a dull thump as the globe reaches its full size. The globe shudders as it begins to rotate, and you see the ally within it being beaten back and forth. After a few moments, the globe shudders again, then splits into motes of light that dissipate into nothingness. As the last of the motes fade from sight, you hear your allies’ cries of relief, and see them rise to their feet.

S: Purping Lightsin
B: You reach into your pouch and pull out a handful of small, glowing balls. Each one is about the size of your thumb, and they are all a deep purple color. With a flick of your wrist, you send them flying through the air toward the enemy. As they fly through the air, they become larger and more colorful, until each one is about the size of a large melon. They pass over your enemies, and suddenly the area is filled with a flash of light. When the light fades, each one has transformed into a pterodactyl-like creature with purple skin and a long, barbed tail. As they circle over your enemies, they let out a terrifying shriek that echoes off the walls of the cavern.

S: Farming
B: There is no better time than now to get your fields ready for spring planting. The soil is soft and moist, with just a hint of the chill that will disappear as the days grow longer. You take your hoe and begin to turn over the soil, making furrows for seeds. As you work, you hum a tune, and the earth seems to respond. The furrows deepen, and the soil warms up. Soon you’ll have a bountiful harvest.

S: Wrathful Hound
B: The hound’s eyes flash with a cold light as it snarls, baring its fangs. It begins to move, slowly at first, but quickly gaining speed. You feel your feet leave the ground as the hound leaps into the air with you in its mouth. The air whistles past your ears as the hound hurtles toward the ground. You feel its jaws close around your body, and then the world goes black.

S: Q's Invisibility
B: You whisper a few words under your breath, and suddenly you feel a strange sensation. You look down and see yourself fading from view, becoming transparent. You can still see your surroundings clearly, and you can still see yourself, but you’re not quite there. It’s quite unsettling.

S: Cow of Auraly
B: You focus your mind on the cow, and it begins to emit a low, guttural sound. The cow continues to moo for a few moments, then suddenly explodes into a shower of gore.

S: Mind Blark
B: You stare at your opponent, willing their mind to go blank. They reel backwards as if struck by a powerful blow, and you see the light of comprehension fade from their eyes. You’ve just dealt them a Mind Blark!

S: Stone Share
B: You place a palm on the stone wall, feeling the rough texture beneath your fingertips. With a thought, you reach out with your mind to the stone, willing it to come to you. You feel an answering pulse within the rock, and then it begins to move of its own accord. Stone chips and dust begin to peel away from the wall, gathering around your hand. As you lift your hand away from the wall, the stone chips follow, floating in a rough sphere around your palm. You reach out and touch another stone surface, and the stone chips that were following you leap to the new stone, and begin to peel away from the wall in the same way.

S: Puijune Magic Furs
B: You throw a handful of powder at the ground in front of you, and a cloud of magical energy erupts from it, surrounding your body in a thick russet fur. The pelt is warm, and you feel stronger and more agile within it.

S: Grove of Plants
B: You reach out and touch the ground, and a grove of trees springs up from the earth around you. The trees are made of wood, leaves, and roots, but they’re all twisted into strange shapes. Their trunks are thick and warped, with branches that grow in odd directions. Their bark is green and gray and brown, but it’s covered with eyes.

S: Conjure Velemert
B: You reach into your pack and pull out a small, stoppered glass vial. You hold it up to the light, and a flickering flame appears in the bottle. You then hold the bottle aloft, intoning an arcane phrase. As you speak, a humanoid shape begins to form in front of you, coalescing out of a cloud of black smoke. The creature’s form is indistinct, as if it were made of darkness itself, but you can see its eyes shining with an unearthly light.

S: Vicious Markers
B: You raise your hand, and a strange rune appears in the air. As you will it to move, the rune twists and contorts, becoming a stylized skull that glares at your foes with its empty eye sockets. The skull floats forward, then shoots out a stream of inky blackness toward your enemies. The blackness splatters across their bodies, seeping into their wounds and marking them with the rune of death.

S: End Wall
B: With a motion of your hand, you gesture at the wall in front of you. As you do so, a portal begins to open in the air, a swirling vortex of colors that slowly grows larger and larger. The portal’s edges are rough and jagged, like nothing so much as a hole in reality, and as it grows, you can see the strange, alien landscape beyond. It’s a far-off place of twisted trees and bizarre creatures, an alien landscape that is nevertheless strangely beautiful.

S: Mous of Farts
B: You take a deep breath, filling your lungs with air. Then, with a mighty exhale, you expel the air from your body in a long, rumbling fart. The smell is horrendous and everyone within 10 feet of you must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1d4 rounds.

S: Cursing
B: You stare into your foe’s eyes and whisper a curse. You can barely hear your own voice over the din of battle, but you know they will hear you. Your foe’s eyes widen, and they begin to tremble, as if in fear of something unseen. Their face goes pale, and they take a faltering step back. Their weapon drops from their hand, and their knees buckle. They collapse to the ground and begin to shake.

S: Gland Growth
B: You focus your will on the creature in front of you, and it begins to swell. Its muscles expand, its skin thickens, and its bones grow thick and heavy. The creature’s face distorts as its jaw grows wider and its lips puff out into a muzzle.

When I was trying out different modifiers for casting, it asked and answered its own question:

S: Underwater Casting of Magnificent Mansion
B: You take a deep breath and begin your incantation, the words of power flowing from your lips as you watch the water around you. The sea ripples and churns as the magic takes hold, and you feel a tug on your feet as the ocean floor gives way beneath you. You sink into the sea, the water rushing past your ears as you are pulled down into the depths. The air around you shimmers as a dome of force appears, enclosing you in a bubble of air. You have created an extradimensional space, protected from the crushing pressure and cold of the ocean floor.
A: *The spell description for the spell doesn’t say you have to be underwater to cast it. I’m not sure how the spellcaster would breathe, though. Would they have to hold their breath?*
B: *You don’t need to be underwater to cast the spell, but you do need to be near enough to a large body of water that you can see it from where you are.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Baking Sphere is pretty interesting, but I have to admit it does not quite live up to what its name suggests.

e: PYF procedurally generated content: You’ve just dealt them a Mind Blark!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

PYF procedurally generated content: You’ve just dealt them a Mind Blark!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Thread went too long without a subtitle anyway.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

These DnD spells have been exquisite! I meant to comment already on the first set but it slipped my mind.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Can I request spell descriptions for wrestling moves?

Some interesting options:

Shooting Star Press
Stone Cold Stunner
Clothesline from Hell
Twist of Fate
Northern Lights Suplex
Scorpion Death-Lock

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Lipstick Apathy

Kennel posted:

Can I request spell descriptions for wrestling moves?

Some interesting options:

Shooting Star Press
Stone Cold Stunner
Clothesline from Hell
Twist of Fate
Northern Lights Suplex
Scorpion Death-Lock

S: Shooting Star Press
B: You leap into the air, and as you do, you raise your arms above your head. You imagine a shooting star blazing across the sky, and you feel a surge of power course through your body. As you land, you thrust your hands forward with all the force of the star’s impact, and a wave of force explodes from your palms. The wave crashes into your foes, sending them flying backward.

S: Stone Cold Stunner
B: You utter a command word, and a dense fog fills the air around you. The fog swirls and thickens, until it seems as if you’re standing in a cloud of solid smoke. Then you point your finger at the foe that has been plaguing you, and let loose with a bolt of crackling force. The energy leaps from your fingertip to strike the creature, and a jolt of lightning seems to flash inside its body. It freezes in place, every muscle locked up tight, then collapses to the ground.

S: Clothesline from Hell
B: You raise your hands, causing the air to ripple and shimmer around you. You then thrust your hands forward, as if to strike a blow against an invisible foe. The ripple of air races outward from you, slamming into your opponents with the force of a small hurricane. The first target struck by the blast is thrown backward, slamming into the second target. The second target is then thrown into the third. And so on, and so on, and so on, until all of your foes have been knocked down.

S: Twist of Fate
B: You whisper a word of power, and suddenly the air around you seems to thicken, as if a swirling fog had materialized from nowhere. You feel the weight of your body increase as gravity pulls you down. A moment later, the fog dissipates, and you discover that your spell has taken effect. The world around you has slowed to a crawl, and you can move with incredible speed and precision, dodging the attacks of your foes as if you were a god of war.

S: Northern Lights Suplex
B: You leap into the air, spinning with your arms outstretched. The cold, clear night sky is your battlefield, and the stars are your witnesses as you proclaim your victory. You land in a crouch, and then quickly spring up again to grab one of the stars that seems to be falling from the sky. You pull yourself up, and then leap off of it, hurling yourself at your foe. You grab them around the chest and twist your body, sending them hurtling through the air head-first as you land on your feet.

S: Scorpion Death Lock
B: You lunge forward, grabbing the arm of the opponent who is trying to bash you with their shield. You yank it down and twist it around, bringing their elbow up towards your face. As you pull them close, you can feel your opponent’s breath on your neck. You bite down, hard, and feel their elbow crack as you sink your teeth in. With a twist of your neck, you rip a chunk of flesh from your opponent’s arm. They scream in pain and stagger back, clutching their wound.

This was a great idea these are :black101:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Fomend's Beating Sphere and Cow of Auraly cracked me up jfc.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I keep laughing at Mind Blark, but Farming also got me because it's like yeah, you cast farming, now go get your hoe there's no shortcuts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Everyone knows the only farming shortcut is to explode a cow.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

t minus x months until we have a board game with an app with funny procedurally generated rules and spells and such.
hell, if I had access I'd see if we could generate novel board games and board game mechanics.

I wish I had something to contribute so I'll just, for the twentieth time, shout out Noctis IV/CE. Billions of celestial bodies with a shared galactic catalogue in a small MS-DOS game with a powerful aesthetics. Oh! the nights I spent in my Stardrifter~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FUVvSzBN0

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

That Northern Lights Suplex is amazing, god drat. “You summon a falling star, climb on top of it, and suplex your opponent off of it, landing on your feet” :black101::black101::black101:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Those are so loving funny. I want more. Very on board for trying to get a game ruleset out of it.

e: OH gently caress can you do a Monster Manual???? If I have a vote I desperately want new monster descriptions.

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 06:17 on May 17, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I like that Clothesline from Hell is basically a jedi powered human domino.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Chase Derringer posted:

B: You take a deep breath, filling your lungs with air. Then, with a mighty exhale, you expel the air from your body in a long, rumbling fart. The smell is horrendous and everyone within 10 feet of you must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1d4 rounds.
I love that this is the only one with actual mechanics

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/WeirdInspiroBot/status/1394219312135565312

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Those spells are one of the best GPT things I've seen in a very long while.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hadn't read Scorpion Death Lock yet, and lmao at a "spell" that's just "you bite your opponent's elbow off"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

vyelkin posted:

I hadn't read Scorpion Death Lock yet, and lmao at a "spell" that's just "you bite your opponent's elbow off"

Splicer has a new favorite as of 16:59 on May 17, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I understand it being overshadowed by mind blark but I love Cow of Auraly

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

I understand it being overshadowed by mind blark but I love Cow of Auraly

I like how straightforward that one is. Very little flowery description, just "you stare at the cow until it explodes."

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You should absolutely send Janelle Shane that list of AI-generated descriptions for her AI-generated spell names.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
The AI did pretty well with spell descriptions for spells with modifiers, but what if we stack up a few different modifiers?

I'd like to see a Hellish Tropical casting of Dimension Door or an Arctic Electric Fungal casting of Mage Hand

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Chase Derringer posted:

Hell, that sounds plausible. Works the other way around, at least:

https://phys.org/news/2021-05-mammals-anus-emergencies.amp

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Lipstick Apathy

feedmyleg posted:

Those are so loving funny. I want more. Very on board for trying to get a game ruleset out of it.

e: OH gently caress can you do a Monster Manual???? If I have a vote I desperately want new monster descriptions.

Let's do it:
C: Kobold
B: A small, rat-like humanoid with sharp teeth and a pointed snout snarls at you from behind the bars of a cage. It wears tattered rags and has a rough hide that ranges in color from a sickly yellow to dark brown. Its eyes are red with rage, but it doesn’t appear to be much of a threat.

C: Tarrasque
B: The creature’s head—a jagged, tooth-filled maw—is the size of a small house. Its body is covered in thick, armored plates that are the color of ash and blood. The tarrasque’s claws are the size of a horse and as sharp as rusted swords. Its long tail is covered in spikes that look like they could pierce through solid stone.

C: Death Knight
B: The death knight is a towering figure, robed in black and wearing a full-faced helmet. The sword it carries is the size of a small tree trunk, and has runes etched into the blade that glow with an unearthly light.

C: Mimic
B: The creature’s skin is hard and rough, but it doesn’t feel like stone or wood—it feels like flesh. You almost reach out to touch it, but the thing suddenly moves, and you jump back. It has a face that looks like a cross between a giant spider and a frog, and its body is covered with long, thin, hairy legs. It has no eyes or mouth, but it speaks anyway, saying in a raspy voice, “Come closer.”

C: Marid
B: The sound of rushing water fills the air. You look up and see a giant fish-like creature swimming through the air. Its eyes are like sapphires, and its fins are made of shimmering blue-green silk. It has a long, serpentine body with a scaly tail that ends in a fluke.

C: Frost Giant
B: The ground here is covered in a layer of frost, and the trees are encrusted with ice. This area is colder than the rest of the forest, and you can see your breath in the air. A massive hulking shape appears between two trees ahead of you, and you freeze in place. A huge frost giant strides into view, and you see your death reflected in its cold eyes.

C: Remorhaz
B: The ground here is a carpet of ice and snow, but it melts into a boiling pool of sludge at your feet. A huge worm-like creature rises from the muck, its body covered in white scales. It opens its mouth, revealing rows of razor sharp teeth as it lets out a deafening roar.

I also went back to AI Weirdness for a few because why not?

C: Chromatic Wolf
B: The wolf is the size of a draft horse, and it moves with the same speed and grace. Its fur is a patchwork of colors that shift and flow like the flames that dance across its body. A pair of enormous wings sprouts from its back, and its eyes glow with the light of the sun.

C: Rain Golem
B: The rain pours down on you in a steady stream. A moment later, a loud clap of thunder sounds, and you see a flash of lightning from the corner of your eye. You turn to look, but instead of a bolt of lighting, you see the hulking form of a stone golem. It looks like it’s been carved out of a single block of gray granite, and it’s carrying a large stone shield that looks like it was carved from the same stone. The golem turns its head toward you and then begins to walk toward you.

C: Greater Mommy
B: The stench of death and decay is overwhelming. It’s the smell of a charnel house, but it’s also the smell of a nursery. The Greater Mommy is an amalgamation of dead bodies, humanoid and otherwise, sewn together into a single giant creature. It wears a dress and bonnet and has a baby’s face on the front of its torso. In place of arms, it has long tentacles that end in razor-sharp talons. (:wtc:)

C: Jabberwont
B: The cave is filled with the sound of hundreds of voices whispering, chattering, and jabbering. It’s like a thousand conversations are taking place at once. The words are indecipherable, but the meaning is clear: they’re talking about you.

C: Desert Beeple
B: The beeple has a long, tapered snout and a body covered in soft fur. It has two legs, each ending in three large toes, and two arms with five-fingered hands. The beeple is about 3 feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds.

C: Fire Brain-it started generating the stuff about the rake, so I kept it going until it finished its description
B: A blast of heat and flame erupts from the ground, sending you stumbling backwards. The heat intensifies, but you manage to catch your footing before the wave of fire engulfs you. Your eyes dart around, searching for the source of the attack. As you turn your gaze towards the creature that just attacked you, the stench of burning flesh and hair assaults your nostrils. You look up and see a creature that resembles a huge brain made of fire. It has no legs, but instead hovers above the ground. Its eyes are small, but fierce, and its mouth is filled with a multitude of sharp teeth.
#3: The Rake I'll be honest, I was a little surprised when I saw the Rake pop up in the monster manual. It's a creature that has long been associated with the works of H.P. Lovecraft and his contemporaries, but it's still a very cool creature in its own right. I decided to use the Rake as a sort of "boss" creature for my players, and I was very happy with how it turned out.
#1: The Rake Huge monstrosity, chaotic evil Armor Class 17 (natural armor) Hit Points 140 (12d12 + 60) Speed 40 ft., climb 40 ft.
#2: The Rake's Lair The Rake's lair is a small cave at the bottom of a shallow pit. The walls are covered in thick, thorny vines. The vines are poisonous and will cause a creature that touches them to take 1d6 damage. Any creature that takes damage from the thorns must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. A poisoned creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

The AI did pretty well with spell descriptions for spells with modifiers, but what if we stack up a few different modifiers?

I'd like to see a Hellish Tropical casting of Dimension Door or an Arctic Electric Fungal casting of Mage Hand

S: Hellish Tropical casting of Dimension Door
B: You close your eyes and picture yourself in a lush, tropical forest, far away from the cold and snow. You feel the warmth of the sun on your skin, and smell the tang of salt in the air. When you open your eyes again, it’s as though you’ve been transported to that place. But it’s not a perfect paradise. Far off in the distance, you can see the fires of a volcano, and hear the rumble of an oncoming avalanche.

S: Arctic Electric Fungal casting of Mage Hand
B: The chill of the arctic air is all around you, and you draw upon it to power your spell. As the words of power leave your mouth, a small ball of light appears in the air before you, wreathed in crackling frost. You concentrate on the light for a moment, and it begins to grow, stretching out into a hand-shaped patch of light. You reach out with your own hand and touch the light. It feels like a warm summer day, and you can sense the life in the plants all around you.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Those are awesome, thanks! Chromatic Wolf and Rain Golem are for sure my favorites. Marid sounds like that rad sky dragon in Breath of the Wild. If I were a better illustration I'd make AD&D 1E style illustrations of these.

Chase Derringer posted:

C: Jabberwont
B: The cave is filled with the sound of hundreds of voices whispering, chattering, and jabbering. It’s like a thousand conversations are taking place at once. The words are indecipherable, but the meaning is clear: they’re talking about you.

:tinfoil: I knew it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The actual monsters are all pretty accurate descriptions. The only place the marid stumbles is that as a creature from Arabic myth, it's got more than just the D&D version of itself going on.

But the Wrestling Spells gave me an idea. Let's see what it makes of other coherent but unusual titles... Anime! What kind of creature will it think a Fullmetal Alchemist or a Sailor Moon is, what kind of spell is a Dragon Ball, Neon Genesis Evangelion or Serial Experiments Lain?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I let the AI complete the spell name if it wanted.

S: Sailor Moon Style Banishment
B: You point your wand at the target and begin to raise your voice, “You’re a bad person! You don’t deserve to live! You’ll just stay here with all the bad people!” As you speak, your words seem to echo. “And you’ll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER come back!” You finish and your magic responds to your command. A blast of magic energy, shaped like a bird, speeds from your wand and strikes your target, sending them flying.

S: Dragon Ball
B:
You throw your hand up into the air, and a spectral dragon appears above you, made of lightning. It circles overhead, and a moment later, it breathes down a stunning bolt of lightning!

S: Dragon Ball
B:
You raise your hand and a small sphere of light appears above it, hovering in the air. You release your hand and the ball zips away, darting through the air and bouncing quickly off walls and obstacles alike. As it moves, the sphere grows, and grows, and grows. The light it sheds grows with it, and soon the bouncing ball is the size of a house, and the light it sheds is brighter than the sun. It crashes into the ground, sending a shockwave of force outwards and bringing the light to an end.

S: Fullmetal Alchemist
B: The light is so bright it leaves spots dancing in your vision, and as you blink them away, you see a small puddle of silvery liquid, with the telltale sign of a shattered mercury bead at its center. The liquid moves, drawing itself into a small arrowhead shape, then launches itself at the creature’s wounds, seeming to pass through it harmlessly.

S: Serial Experiments Lain
B: Your hand shoots forward, palm facing an enemy, and a searing bolt of lightning arcs out and into the target - or rather, just past it, for it seems that the projectile has split into two separate arcs. But then the arcs merge, and another bolt leaps out of the new junction, splitting again and again, until you have a total of five arcs of lightning zipping and dancing between your hand and the enemy. The arcs converge on the foe and form into a single bolt, which continues to arc crazily as it strikes the target.

S: Neon Genesis Evangelion Style
B: You make a single hand gesture, and the air in front of you begins to shimmer and distort, like a reflection on water. The air then begins to take on a sickly green color, as if all of the light in the world had been tainted by it. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a red glow appear in the same spot. The air in front of you continues to distort, and the red glow grows and grows, until it is the only thing visible in your vision, and you are left in a world of near-total darkness. A wave of cold pierces your body, and your muscles ache and burn as if you were being stretched on a rack, while your soul twists and contorts within your body. Then, the spell is over, and the world returns to normal.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Seems about right for Sailor Moon tbh

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
You gotta try "Something Awful" and "Goon Squad" for both spells and monsters.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Best thread on the forums.

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Lipstick Apathy

Solvency posted:

You gotta try "Something Awful" and "Goon Squad" for both spells and monsters.

Spell: Something Awful
B: You’re not sure what it is, but you know that whatever it is, it’s awful. You can’t see it, but you can feel its presence. It’s like an itch on the back of your brain that you can never scratch. It’s a constant, nagging feeling that you can’t quite place. It’s like a song that you can’t quite remember, but know that it was the most important song in the world. You reach out with your mind to try and grasp at it, but it’s just out of reach.

S: Goon Squad
B: You gesture towards the target, and five duplicates of yourself appear behind it. They each make a rude gesture at the target, then disappear in puffs of smoke.

Creature: Something Awful
B: You’ve been so busy trying to keep up with the monster, you almost didn’t notice the giant, glowing letters that have appeared in the air beside it. They read: “I’m a dumbass.”

C: Goon Squad
B: You’ve heard of goons, but you’ve never seen one. You can only imagine what these guys look like.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chase Derringer posted:

Creature: Something Awful
B: You’ve been so busy trying to keep up with the monster, you almost didn’t notice the giant, glowing letters that have appeared in the air beside it. They read: “I’m a dumbass.”

I am loving laughcrying myself dehydrated

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'm convinced that these AI algorithms have soaked up the forums at some point.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

SCheeseman posted:

I'm convinced that these AI algorithms have soaked up the forums at some point.

Even if the forums haven't been directly used in the dataset, references to something awful almost certainly are part of it. GPT-3 uses a massive dataset.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/StrongBadActual/status/1393705237819629571

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Senor Cardgage: Origins

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chase Derringer posted:

S: Stone Cold Stunner
B: You utter a command word, and a dense fog fills the air around you. The fog swirls and thickens, until it seems as if you’re standing in a cloud of solid smoke. Then you point your finger at the foe that has been plaguing you, and let loose with a bolt of crackling force. The energy leaps from your fingertip to strike the creature, and a jolt of lightning seems to flash inside its body. It freezes in place, every muscle locked up tight, then collapses to the ground.

God do I want to see Rock try to sell this

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Phy posted:

God do I want to see Rock try to sell this

Power Word: Jabroni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Power Word: Jabroni

Don't tempt me.

S: Power Word: Jabroni
B: You hold your hands in front of you, as if cupping something invisible. You begin to chant a strange, guttural word, and as you continue, the air between your hands begins to ripple. With a sudden motion, you bring your hands together and clap them shut. A blinding flash of light erupts from between your hands, and a sharp crack echoes through the air. As the light fades, you see that you've succeeded in creating a tiny, floating figure of your foe. It looks like a tiny man made of stone. The figure begins to dance and jabber in a strange language, mocking your foe. If it were alive, you're sure that it would be giving the figure a dirty look.