Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This will probably be forgotten by the middle of next week, as the pipeline was down for maybe 2-3 days and the issue has since been fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
There's even more to this one: Because Celebrity Jeopardy is played for charity, when this happened, they set his score to a pity $1,000 so that he could play in the Final instead of getting kicked off for being in the red. He bet all $1,000 on Final and got it wrong. The category for that Final Jeopardy? Business.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah he's "Mr. Wonderful" (the biggest rear end in a top hat) on Shark Tank. He got megarich scamming Mattel on buying the Learning Company from him.

The only mainstream sites Fuentes isn't banned from are Twitter and Facebook. Fuentes was banned from YouTube early last year and had been banned from Twitch before that.

surprised about twitter. they suck but after 2018, they seem to have cracked down on some of the more obvious monsters.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i heard he's an anglo from montreal whose original schtick was talking about how anglos in montreal have it worse than black people in the US ergo black people should just suck it up and shut up which is frankly risible

between him and steven pinker and david frum and krauthammer and other names i'm undoubtedly missing i am left wondering what's the matter with anglos from montreal who move down here

norm macdonald's cool but he somehow grew up in the far far more francophonic Quebec city without learning a word of french which is an extremely norm macdonald thing to do.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BiggerBoat posted:

THen why are 80% of my youtube recommendations nothing but right wing bullshit? I turn my history off, try not to let then track me and there's nothing in my algorithms that would suggest I'm interested in this poo poo.

If they have no data on you, YouTube/Facebook et al will start to default to right wing news because that is what the average person will watch.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

If they have no data on you, YouTube/Facebook et al will start to default to right wing news because that is what the average person will watch.

Except that only 40% of people are solidly right wing partisan? And that pap is thoroughly partisan.

Is the average person reading the New York Post because that is what they will watch or because it is what they will be shown?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

There's a nifty little browser addon called BlockTube (Chrome | Firefox) that can make you effectively Algorithm-proof by allowing you to block whole channels from ever appearing in your recommended sidebar and search results. I've used it for a few years now and it's REALLY cleaned up my YouTube watching experience on PC at least.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Can't you do that anyway with YouTube's basic "Don't Recommend This Channel" feature? You just click the three dots button, say I'm not interested, then click tell us why and say don't recommend channel

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Not really, it will sometimes keep recommending you the same chud channel even if you told it not to bring it up anymore multiple times.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

norm macdonald's cool but he somehow grew up in the far far more francophonic Quebec city without learning a word of french which is an extremely norm macdonald thing to do.

Montréal is rather famously known as the most bilingual city in the world and it's unimaginable for a monolingual anglo to get any trouble there. Half the city speaks english fluently and the half that doesn't isn't exactly the type you'll be meeting if you aren't trying. Maybe if you go to a restaurant you'll meet an old person who only speaks french and chinese or arabic or something but even then, they're not working the front-facing jobs. It's nonsense that any anglos complain given the circumstances. First nations and inuit, yes.

Speaking of assholes who move to the US, Elon Musk is famously an apartheid baron heir but never forget his home and native land.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Speaking of assholes who move to the US, Elon Musk is famously an apartheid baron heir but never forget his home and native land.

No you see that never happened and his dad was only trading in private jets :psyduck:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Montréal is rather famously known as the most bilingual city in the world and it's unimaginable for a monolingual anglo to get any trouble there. Half the city speaks english fluently and the half that doesn't isn't exactly the type you'll be meeting if you aren't trying. Maybe if you go to a restaurant you'll meet an old person who only speaks french and chinese or arabic or something but even then, they're not working the front-facing jobs. It's nonsense that any anglos complain given the circumstances. First nations and inuit, yes.

Yes but in quebec city which is 1.5% anglo?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Yes but in quebec city which is 1.5% anglo?

It is a special place, but no shade at Norm Macdonald.

The 1.5% is only native anglos though. It's still not difficult to exist in the city using only english. Just a lot more people obnoxiously rolling their eyes at you and every convenience store will definitely employ someone whose job is to just turn all the french-facing sides of products forwards. Be sure to say poutine instead of poutine and tabarnak d'osti de calisse de baptême intstead of poutain though.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

To be quite honest, that's the opposite of my experience in Montreal: the most understanding people were the ones who only spoke French or had limited English, and if you tried to speak a little French they were happy. The fully bilingual Francophones in downtown Montreal were the ones who resenting speaking English and would laugh if your French wasn't up to snuff (or perfect, but of the European dialect, according to my friends from France); everyone else was very chill about it.

Mind you most of the Anglos downtown were assholes too, so it could be that specifically downtown Montreal is just full of a wide array of assholes speaking every language.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

PT6A posted:

To be quite honest, that's the opposite of my experience in Montreal: the most understanding people were the ones who only spoke French or had limited English, and if you tried to speak a little French they were happy. The fully bilingual Francophones in downtown Montreal were the ones who resenting speaking English and would laugh if your French wasn't up to snuff (or perfect, but of the European dialect, according to my friends from France); everyone else was very chill about it.

Mind you most of the Anglos downtown were assholes too, so it could be that specifically downtown Montreal is just full of a wide array of assholes speaking every language.

My understanding is they fancy themselves snowy manhattan given their obsession with bagels and former importance to the financial industry so this seems likely imo.

Working class dudes are chill but gruff so long as you have even the most basic level of respect, slightest level of education or money and we're off to the loving races.

Disclaimer: i have never been to canada or manhattan and am talking out of my rear end from the internet and tv rn.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

My understanding is they fancy themselves snowy manhattan given their obsession with bagels and former importance to the financial industry so this seems likely imo.

Working class dudes are chill but gruff so long as you have even the most basic level of respect, slightest level of education or money and we're off to the loving races.

Disclaimer: i have never been to canada or manhattan and am talking out of my rear end from the internet and tv rn.

you are not entirely wrong

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1393932542147977217?s=20

Leave workers alone you assholes.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ricky Schroder: Life-long child star.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Move over Kirk Cameron, there's an even bigger punchable face of a washed up 1980s child TV star in town and this motherfucker goes out in public wearing a blue lives matter hat. Kudos to the Costco supervisor for keeping his cool.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Christ, these people just want to go about their day and now they have to memorize these lines to throw at these dumbfucks. :(

I'd like to think this is an American thing but I've experienced this with my own times multiple times in the Netherlands.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

tek79 posted:

Move over Kirk Cameron, there's an even bigger punchable face of a washed up 1980s child TV star in town and this motherfucker goes out in public wearing a blue lives matter hat. Kudos to the Costco supervisor for keeping his cool.

Hell, Technically Kirk Cameron still has a career. This dude is baiscally no one

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The saddest thing is that Ricky Schroeder had more of a post-child-acting career than Kirk Cameron; he was a regular on NYPD Blue for three seasons, had a season on 24, and a number of guest/recurring roles on actual real television shows.

Then he seems to have gotten divorced in 2016 and it has been a pretty rapid downward spiral.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Edge & Christian posted:

Then he seems to have gotten divorced in 2016 and it has been a pretty rapid downward spiral.

It's probably not a coincidence that most of these 'converts' had their come to Jesus moment around 2016.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

The saddest thing is that Ricky Schroeder had more of a post-child-acting career than Kirk Cameron; he was a regular on NYPD Blue for three seasons, had a season on 24, and a number of guest/recurring roles on actual real television shows.

:lol: I remember they were using that season to try and groom him into being the new protagonist of 24 in case Kiefer Sutherland wanted out (and their original plan WAS to do rotating main characters every season initially). But everyone hated him and his character so much they quickly wrote him down to nothing and then Jack cuts his hand off with a fire axe and then he just disappears from the show.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

nine-gear crow posted:

:lol: I remember they were using that season to try and groom him into being the new protagonist of 24 in case Kiefer Sutherland wanted out (and their original plan WAS to do rotating main characters every season initially). But everyone hated him and his character so much they quickly wrote him down to nothing and then Jack cuts his hand off with a fire axe and then he just disappears from the show.

I thought it was James Badge Dale's character that had his hand chopped off at the end of season 3, because it was attached to a bomb or something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ricky would probably be fondly remembered if he didn’t decide to be a massive douche lately. Also he helped raise some of the money to get Rittenhouse bailed out.

He was in a 1980 tv version of Little Lord Fauntleroy with Alec Guinness, Patrick Stewart, and Connie Booth. My mom likes to watch it at Christmas. Shame that he grew up to be an rear end in a top hat.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 17, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Listerine posted:

I thought it was James Badge Dale's character that had his hand chopped off at the end of season 3, because it was attached to a bomb or something.

Yeah that was James Badger Dole or whatever his name is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

this is the poo poo i hate. like dude, this guys making like 11 bucks an hour working front end and you live in a loving mansion. he has to smile and listen to you yell at him. i am sorta thankfull i got let god day before christmas in 2019 because covid would have been loving hell for me.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Be sure to say poutine instead of poutine and tabarnak d'osti de calisse de baptême intstead of poutain though.

tabarnak is one of the most fun swears to say.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Listerine posted:

God, you're right. Whoops. A lot of 24 and the people involved with 24 has just kind of blurred together for me over the years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

24 basically replaced the Bible for right wingers for a while. I never watched much of it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this is the poo poo i hate. like dude, this guys making like 11 bucks an hour working front end and you live in a loving mansion. he has to smile and listen to you yell at him. i am sorta thankfull i got let god day before christmas in 2019 because covid would have been loving hell for me.

one nice thing about mask mandates is that they don't have to smile any more. one less part of the ridiculous act we make retail workers perform.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That's one of the reasons they do it.

Ricky knows this guy can't fight back. He knows that if he got his face punched in like he deserves that he could bury him in legal debt and ruin his life. He knows this and loves it because he can abuse people without repercussion.

He's a bully.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
On the bright side, because it's a Costco employee I don't think they're earning that little. Costco tends to have its employee's backs.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kavros posted:

On the bright side, because it's a Costco employee I don't think they're earning that little. Costco tends to have its employee's backs.

He also didn't seem terribly bothered by it. I'm sure it wasn't the first time he had to talk to a chud recording himself owning the libs.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

"Former child star" leads to either a heartwarming story about redemption and healing in 1 out of 10 cases, or something completely awful in the rest.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I sort of wish I was still a train conductor, just throwing assholes like this out of public transport all day :circlefap:

Well ok masks aren't actually controversial here but a man can dream.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 17, 2021

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Kavros posted:

costco absolutely does not have its employees backs and will fire you for becoming inconvenient like every other business. costco pays above market-rate wages because 20% of their stores are unionized from a meger deal in the 90s and they give the union contract to all stores (minus pension plan) as a way to prevent the union from growing larger and having the leverage to negotiate better conditions. That Costco has managed to convince the public that this is done out of the goodness of their heart is an absolute incredible PR coup.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Schroder got even worse - in a video he posted after that went viral he said we were going the way of Rhodesia and whites will live in fear.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

surprised about twitter. they suck but after 2018, they seem to have cracked down on some of the more obvious monsters.

Fuentes is block-happy in an effort to protect himself from mass reports and is careful not to go as hard on Twitter as his cohorts who got banned did.

Also things are going swell for our boy Steve:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Schroder got even worse - in a video he posted after that went viral he said we were going the way of Rhodesia and whites will live in fear.

Fuentes is block-happy in an effort to protect himself from mass reports and is careful not to go as hard on Twitter as his cohorts who got banned did.

Also things are going swell for our boy Steve:

yeah but i think fuentes is on borrowed time as well. i am sure he is getting investigated by the feds now because of the 6th

not shocking, crowder is a weird insecure moron whos weird hosed up poo poo will pour hard out of his walls and closet at some point. the dudes on thin ice now on youtube so thats nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Chowder is the one that literally wrote (or hopefully posted a already wrriten up article) about losing his v card on his holy christian marriage ritual night.

also maybe the one that used a subway ham sandwich to take about his daughter's virginity VS """"those"""" other girls. (this is probably Walsh)

Also given how Chowder loves playing dress up there's probably something there.