Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite are the 5 stat legendary mods to make a omni build but I guess with 2 specs it matters less now.

I might reinstall to check it out, I really don't like the long seasonal grind. I only got to 100 in the first season.

I am 100% interested in crafting legendaries though.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sensenmann posted:

Personally I think that the LPs benefit PA players the most. They are great for non PA builds as well but for PA builds you're basically turning on god mode.

However, unless you are Melee or Unarmed, Ammo Factory is the first LP to level up. Crafting ammo by the truckload is absolutely amazing.

Huh, I was thinking of leveling int and luck first since they will always be useful no matter the build. ammo factory is definitely tempting though

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
So Legendary Crafting let's you build up to 5 stars now? I knew that was a feature that was coming soon.

Seconding the Reddit community being bullshit, BTW. Almost every gaming subreddit is a bunch of whiny needs who act like armchair game devs, but half of the posts I see on the 76 one are people making big posts about how Bethesda ruined the game or that the game was never good, so they're leaving it forever!!!! after however many years. It's just annoying.

Also, as a tax for my nothingposts in this thread, here's a fun weapon I've been using the gently caress out of for a few months, finally found a good name for it. :haw:

e:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Huh, I was thinking of leveling int and luck first since they will always be useful no matter the build. ammo factory is definitely tempting though

Ammo Factory also stacks with Ammosmith, and both work great with Super Duper. With like 3 ranks of Factory and full Ammosmith I can get around x360 5mm and .50 a pop. It's a great synergy for really low investment.

SetSliRol fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 16, 2021

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Well the seasonal stuff was hardline fomo from the start.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I took the ammo card as my first legendary card and it pays off for as much .45 ammo as I go through. I can make 53rds of .45 at a time right now with that card maxed out and ammosmith.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Never had problems with ammo cause you can get a ton of lead from each missile silo each day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I run out of steel making ammo. Lead isn't an issue, I parked both my camps on lead veins and rarely run out. I carry boatloads of weapons back to scrap benches, pick up everything that scraps down to steel, always run out of it first. Never run out of gunpowder, always have a good deal of acid around.

I just burn through .45 like crazy. I made 4k rounds today, and yeeaaaahh, all gone. I was event hopping pretty frequently though.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The dailies are so buggy in this game. Literally. I did stings and things like 6 times today.

Think I will make my first poor mans power army / heavy build tonight. I don't have bloodied weapons yet so I'll probably not do the low health thing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I get the pumpkin collecting mission 5 minutes after finishing it. I could just pick pumpkins all goddamn day if I was inclined.

Finally bought my last T65 part, now to work on getting emergency protocols and a jet pack. My carry weight is only 250 in the suit, it's 290-300 in my chinese stealth suit.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Sensenmann posted:

Master Infiltrator - There aren't a lot of terminals/doors in this game to begin with and the only ones that matter are in the silo and skippable by using the photomode glitch. It's a nice to have QoL perk but it's, imo, not worth the slot.

I took it as my first Legendary Perk and it was fine. There's just enough stuff out there that's locked or hackable that not having to shuffle 4 or more perk cards is worth it. Don't put any coins into it though.

quote:

Legendary Charisma - It might be bugged but the extra points don't count for the "3 points in Charisma to share 1 perk card" requirement. It just doesn't work.

I was going to do this but I went instead with another Legendary stat and just moved those points into Charisma. Wish I could get those 50 coins back.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I get the pumpkin collecting mission 5 minutes after finishing it. I could just pick pumpkins all goddamn day if I was inclined.

Finally bought my last T65 part, now to work on getting emergency protocols and a jet pack. My carry weight is only 250 in the suit, it's 290-300 in my chinese stealth suit.

Get Calibrated Shocks, they improve your carry weight by 100 if applied to both legs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thanks, that's gonna probably be the first thing I go for when I have gold again. I really just need to sit down and do a power armor build sometime. Stealth armor and combat rifle are just so nice and lazy.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thanks, that's gonna probably be the first thing I go for when I have gold again. I really just need to sit down and do a power armor build sometime. Stealth armor and combat rifle are just so nice and lazy.

If you want to go PA, here are a couple of pointers.

All mods for PA need stable Flux and/or Ultracite scrap as crafting ingredients so you might want to stock up.

Excavator PA gives a 100 additional carry weight if you have a full set. With Cal Shocks this might beat even some of the min/max Unyielding builds.

People will tell you that Excavator PA is enough as daily driver since you won't notice the difference in damage resistance, rad resistance or durability. This is flat out wrong and can be dismissed as bullshit. Only reason you should use it is to go mine for ore since it increases the yield or for those moments when the additional carry weight is required. Besides, you can't use a jetpack with Exc PA so, meh.

T-60 and up, meaning X-01, Ultracite/Strangler Heart and T-65 are the ones worth using.
Good luck if you want a full Ultracite/Strangler Heart set. The good plans are a very rare drop from the queen, so either pray for a lucky drop or hope you find Cal Shock, Targetting Hud or Emergency Protocols in player vendors. They will cost A LOT, though.

The Legendary Perk Energy Absorption is a must have. When you are hit by laser weapons, including the Assaultron face melter, it refills the fusion core currently in use and heals the player. Surprising enough, this is confirmed to be working as intended.

You want to disable the special PA hud in your game settings.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Taerkar posted:

I took it as my first Legendary Perk and it was fine. There's just enough stuff out there that's locked or hackable that not having to shuffle 4 or more perk cards is worth it. Don't put any coins into it though.

If you like it, that's fine, I just think it's a waste considering all the other options you have.

quote:

I was going to do this but I went instead with another Legendary stat and just moved those points into Charisma. Wish I could get those 50 coins back.

Tell me about it. Not being able to "refund" legendary perks for half the coins or something is just dumb.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The dailies are so buggy in this game. Literally. I did stings and things like 6 times today.

Think I will make my first poor mans power army / heavy build tonight. I don't have bloodied weapons yet so I'll probably not do the low health thing.

Cop a Squatter is downright broken 99% of the time. The enemies spawn god knows where but certainly not where the markers are.

For low health you just need the Adrenal Reaction mutation as that increases damage output as well. A Bloodied weapon will obviously increase the damage output further but, thanks to One Wasteland, a good Anti Armor weapon is a very good alternative. Especially against the bosses a AA weapon might on paper do less damage but the flat 50% reduction to target armor can put AA and Bloodied in the same range damage wise. I use a Gat Plasma or Final Word against the queen. Both are AA and do a lot of damage.

Sorry for the triple post, I'm phone posting and having a hard time multi quoting...

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Good luck if you want a full Ultracite/Strangler Heart set. The good plans are a very rare drop from the queen, so either pray for a lucky drop or hope you find Cal Shock, Targetting Hud or Emergency Protocols in player vendors. They will cost A LOT, though.

Wait, some of the Queen PA mod plans are worth something? I usually sell all known queen plans for 0 caps or drop them for new players, because nobody wants them

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I spent like 90 legendary tokens crafting and now have a (lovely) full set of unyielding armor, gonna try out this high intelligence stuff, getting (from 213) to level 300 faster to get that last slot and getting through the scoreboard quicker would be nice.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Wait, some of the Queen PA mod plans are worth something? I usually sell all known queen plans for 0 caps or drop them for new players, because nobody wants them

Yes. Some Ultracite plans are rare and very expensive mainly because people want them for the Strangler Heart PA.

Calibrated Shocks 25K min
Targetting Hud 19K min
Emergency Protocols 17K min
Reactive Plates 19K min
Tesla Coils 25K min

And by rare I mean extremely rare. The drop chance for Cal Shocks, for example, is around 0.08% for the queen and 0.008% for all other scorchbeasts. It's, by far, the rarest of the PA plans.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

SetSliRol posted:

Ammo Factory also stacks with Ammosmith, and both work great with Super Duper. With like 3 ranks of Factory and full Ammosmith I can get around x360 5mm and .50 a pop. It's a great synergy for really low investment.

I have that one too.

I also have never regretted putting one point into survival expert- I think that’s the name. Never having to carry food/water/disease cures is really nice.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Installed the game again and checked out the season getting to rank 5 for the camp item. Still seems like the same game.

Still like my build in it. It would take so many levels to get these things leveled up but I would go for more 5 point legendary perks.

Far flung is only there as a lol, I wouldn't consider it over another 5 stat card. I want to say the poison one would be super good but how damage is in the game, I could just use another 5 point perk instead and just jump into power armor when poison happens.

Might try to max int out but would require changing my mutations but wouldn't be that bad. Don't know how long ill play.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 17, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Installed the game again and checked out the season getting to rank 5 for the camp item. Still seems like the same game.

Still like my build in it. It would take so many levels to get these things leveled up but I would go for more 5 point legendary perks.

Far flung is only there as a lol, I wouldn't consider it over another 5 stat card. I want to say the poison one would be super good but how damage is in the game, I could just use another 5 point perk instead and just jump into power armor when poison happens.

Might try to max int out but would require changing my mutations but wouldn't be that bad. Don't know how long ill play.

Funky Duds is incredibly useful as PA has no significant poison protection, as silly as that sounds. Get the perk to rank 2 to negate most poison damage. I think Mirelurk queens can still do damage at 2 but they die so fast it doesn't really matter.

If you want to do some changes:

Four Leaf Clover is overrated. The excellent chance you get is a mere 13.5%. Grim Reapers Sprint is the better choice as a chance to refill the AP bar upon killing an opponent goes extremely well with Gun Fu.

While we are at Gun Fu, rank 1 is enough. Slot in Adrenaline 2 for extra damage instead.

Also, you really want Tenderizer for more damage so once you are done farming XP I'd swap that in for Inspirational.

And finally, is there a special reason you're going with Rifleman and not Commando? Rifleman isn't bad but it's severely outclassed by Commando.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I have both of the rifles so I can do either. I really like adrenaline just had been playing around with gun fu cause the auto targeting, most of the time you don't really need the extra dmg. More vats crits for just quicker crits, unyielding does boost your luck so much the bar fills up so fast. I don't think exp will ever not be farmed.

Most my vast perk card collection was cannibalized by the legendary perks.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Fair enough. I was a Rifleman for the first 100 levels or so and I always have a BE Black Powder Rifle with me for when I feel like having a laugh. That thing destroys just about everything with one shot and I don't have to swap perks to use it. .)

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So I have a Furious Gatling plasma and an AA Gatling plasma, all else being equal, can the Furious eventually out damage the AA on baddies that live long enough for it to matter or should I just stick with AA?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
furious caps out at +50% damage, and any time you damage anything other than your target, it resets the hit counter. With a gatling plasma, I would assume an AA is better because you tend to have splash damgae or occasional misses.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I have a couple of AA guns and they seem pretty effective compared to most other types that I've tried out.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
it is pretty effective tbh. It became alot more viable with the damage restructuring.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I messed around with a mutants explosive fixer and it does more dmg than my bloody explosive submachine gun, prob just cause its a fixer. I still like my bloody lever action cause it does the job.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Tenzarin posted:

I messed around with a mutants explosive fixer and it does more dmg than my bloody explosive submachine gun, prob just cause its a fixer. I still like my bloody lever action cause it does the job.

I read that in a British accent

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

subbies have stupid low damage. theyre pretty terrible tbh.

In nuclear winter however, they rock. outstanding.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I read that in a British accent

I knew watching so much youtube would backfire on me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So with the craft multiple things at once is in, if you craft like 10 ammo at the same time how does super duper roll? Does it roll super duper 10 times or just one time?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So what is the main draw of weapons other than Heavy?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Lone Badger posted:

Different playstyles, cost of repair and ammo crafting, ammo and weight management...

Why waste heavy ammo when a few plinks from a pipe weapon does the job cheaper?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

vats. the diffference between heavy vats build and a commando vats build is insane.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

So with the craft multiple things at once is in, if you craft like 10 ammo at the same time how does super duper roll? Does it roll super duper 10 times or just one time?

It calculates it behind the scenes depending on how many "crafts" you do.
So yes, crafting 10 ammo rolls it 10 times. It will only trigger the on screen effect once, though.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

i flunked out posted:

vats. the diffference between heavy vats build and a commando vats build is insane.

Not really. I was one for 100 levels or so and if you do it right it can actually outperform a Commando build. That was way before legendary perks so these days you could probably even pull one off that ain't a total glass cannon.

The only difference is that the heavy VATS build absolutely requires AP refresh gear or food buffs (Labrador Tea or Company Tea) to keep the AP refresh high.

If you have that and a heavy weapon with 33% vats hit chance and 25% less AP costs you are extremely overpowered because, for some odd reason, heavy weapons have insane accuracy in vats. If you go for headshots only you are looking at a one shot killing machine.

Coincidently, a Two Shot Auto Grenade Launcher with the above mentioned ** and *** star might be the most expensive non Legacy heavy weapon in this game.

If I ever find a good heavy with AP hit chance and less AP costs, I scripped tha ones I had, I might actually have a go at this again. :)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tenzarin posted:

So with the craft multiple things at once

You reminded me; holy poo poo whose idea was it that craftings for badges etc should go on 'number of individual crafts' and not 'number of items made in a craft session'..? Ok I need five fox jerky for my Archaeologist badge, let me shoot five cute furry non-aggressive foxes - travel back to my base, [Cook -5-]

No ding?

Crafted: [1/5]

:mad:

Also; when Scorchbeasts attack!

:3:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So I've been playing some more and I like the game more now. I didn't play much when the one wasteland came out with the monster levels were worked out but it is pretty nice to always be getting alot of exp. Back in the first season 1, it was taking me forever to level up once per day. Don't know how much more ill play but it's better than it was before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
And that's season 4 done.

Started at level 818, ended at level 913.

That's 13.75 million XP.

I actually love the PA skin you unlock at 100.