Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

same question for you: should the mods probate people for using this particular slur, in c-spam. yes or no

peak goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Flying-PCP posted:

It's only harmful to call people ablist slurs, or accuse them of assaulting children, because class exists. When there's no more class structure, it will be impossible for those words to hurt people, and perhaps for any words to hurt anyone ever again, and that's why mods should give this thread permanent immunity from everything

ah, the anarchist refutation of the dictatorship of the proletariat

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

hmm, curious. certainly did not expect the same weird evasion that's dominated this thread for a week now

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

cumshitter posted:

flavius is no different from a cop who lives in the suburbs and polices the city. he has no interest in being part of the community

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
we had a good run in the old thread. rip

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Flying-PCP posted:

It's only harmful to call people ablist slurs, or accuse them of assaulting children, because class exists. When there's no more class structure, it will be impossible for those words to hurt people, and perhaps for any words to hurt anyone ever again, and that's why mods should give this thread permanent immunity from everything

Imagine how many people would advocate for Full Communism Now if they were told they could say the hard r N-word because of it.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Flying-PCP posted:

it's not about saying slurs, it's just about making it impossible for Flavius, personally, to remain a mod.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zodium posted:

it's not about saying slurs, it's just about making it impossible for Flavius, personally, to remain a mod.

I would like it if he was not a mod personally

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

when u think about it flavius is just Stalin purging the old bolsheviks (tossing them into fyad)

sadly u are the old bolsheviks

Honored to be getting purged for the crime of being too cool for school :c00l:

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
This is obfuscating the fact that if a different mod replaced Flavius, and that mod did anything at all resembling their job as defined by the admins, you'd just end up hating them just as much.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
stop infighting and focus on the real enemy, libs. do better.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I don't use the word personally but it seems to me that all these people using it now after the mod warning just shows that flavius has lost the mandate of heaven and he needs to go. Get a new mod that people respect and see what happens.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

okay so as long as it's, let's say gradenko who's probating people for calling each other the r-word, it's fine? why?

Because he’s actually contributed positively and shown he can be trusted to use his buttons in an even-handed way and not shut everything down or be retaliatory with them. He’s better, basically.

This has gone on long enough and the thread should get back on track from this argument. Luckily it’s over and I’ve clearly won.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Marxism ftmfw

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flying-PCP posted:

This is obfuscating the fact that if a different mod replaced Flavinus, and that mod did anything at all resembling their job as defined by the admins, you'd just end up hating them just as much.

i like how the idea that this thread or the forum as whole should have a say in its governance doesn’t seem to occur to you as a possibility

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
As an alternative to getting a new mod, there's the option of dissolving the people and electing another. Who's really failing who here.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Flying-PCP posted:

This is obfuscating the fact that if a different mod replaced Flavius, and that mod did anything at all resembling their job as defined by the admins, you'd just end up hating them just as much.

I just want the theory thread to go back to how it used to be tbh.

If left to it's own devices the thread will produce a slur approximately every 3-4 months.

This is far better than the SA average of 1 slur a week.

It's math.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flying-PCP posted:

There's only one way to know for sure

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ferrinus posted:

same question for you: should the mods probate people for using this particular slur, in c-spam. yes or no

smdh at this dime store copy of that SMG post about calling mace windu the n-word

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dreddout posted:

I just want the theory thread to go back to how it used to be tbh.

hey me too but that period has passed. israel is making it illegal to say bad things about israel. all this started because the mods were naive and bought the state department line on genocide. theory is meant to be used and capitalism will destroy the internet just like it will destroy everything else on this planet until it’s stopped. welcome to the biden internet

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Flying-PCP posted:

As an alternative to getting a new mod, there's the option of dissolving the people and electing another. Who's really failing who here.

theyre working their asses off

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

i like how the idea that this thread or the forum as whole should have a say in its governance doesn’t seem to occur to you as a possibility

What do you think forums are? Collectivist rule? Forums are a dictatorship. Maybe more, but nothing less. It can be as cruel or as benevolent as what seems the most humorous at the time, and it is a dictatorship one can leave freely and only need to pay :10bux: to enter. And under the dictatorship of the admins, they have mods to enact their own dictatorial will upon it as they see fit within the bounds of what the Admins see acceptable (just as IKs act as agents of the Mods will within those bounds)

Bring it to the attention of the Admins (ie: speak to their manager) if Flavius seems to be acting outside of what they should be doing just as one would complain to a Mod about a badly behaving IK.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

we had a good run in the old thread. rip

incredible lol at flavius pruning the flower garden and keeping xelkelvos and ferrinus

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

What do you think forums are? Collectivist rule? Forums are a dictatorship. Maybe more, but nothing less. It can be as cruel or as benevolent as what seems the most humorous at the time, and it is a dictatorship one can leave freely and only need to pay :10bux: to enter. And under the dictatorship of the admins, they have mods to enact their own dictatorial will upon it as they see fit within the bounds of what the Admins see acceptable (just as IKs act as agents of the Mods will within those bounds)

Bring it to the attention of the Admins (ie: speak to their manager) if Flavius seems to be acting outside of what they should be doing just as one would complain to a Mod about a badly behaving IK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyLJ-fWbSI

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
jesus loving christ probe people for using retard, probate for mods are pedos if the admin team has really decided that is the best way of handling the injokes, and stop trying to be the center of the thread and/or allowing ferrinus to try. if you just probated people and never said a word in the thread none of this would have happened. but no we have to try to psycho-analyze why larry likes antagonizing you (spoilers: its funny), the morality of slurs, and whatever bullshit ferrinus has typed up because the mods and ferrinus cant take a loving hint and shut up

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

come on, goons, posters. we're in a mod drama cycle now. the R naught is off the charts. and we all know the only way this ends is with flavius melting down even harder than he did when he moved the old thread to fyad. there's no fighting it, so just stop. lean into it and have fun calling flavius a retard until the inevitable happens.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're being lazy and blaming ferrinus for trying to actually examine what people have been making GBS threads up the thread about for pages

it's been embarrassing watching you try to force your way into this thread, then kill the previous version when it didn't work. you've been told repeatedly that no one wants you here – there are other people who can moderate this thread, you don't need to read it.

all the bad word posting shows is that you don't have any kind of authority, no matter how many probations you give out. it's entirely a reaction to your consistently bad decisions. you hosed up really bad stepping on the xinjiang discussion, made more competent mods clean up your mess, then went straight back to antagonising.

it's clear that you aren't capable of interacting with the community without using your buttons, and seem intent on making yourself the centre of attention. please go away.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ArfJason posted:

to R is human
to mod is pedophile

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao i missed this

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think when this mess is sorted out, a new thread should be made from the ashes of this one and hopefully it becomes about theory like the last thread (which I very much enjoyed lurking)

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Seeing some disturbing accusations in this thread, so let me set the record straight: it's never been conclusively proven that the mods are pedophiles. That court case was a mistrial due to the juror's death, which means in the eyes of the law we're innocent.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I’m glad this thread is leaving stalinism behind and going back to the OG marxist tendencies of drinking and owning your posting enemies

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Koos Group posted:

Seeing some disturbing accusations in this thread, so let me set the record straight: it's never been conclusively proven that the mods are pedophiles. That court case was a mistrial due to the juror's death, which means in the eyes of the law we're innocent.

Mods are all about innocence from what I hear

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

r said redemption 2

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

exmarx posted:

it's been embarrassing watching you try to force your way into this thread, then kill the previous version when it didn't work. you've been told repeatedly that no one wants you here – there are other people who can moderate this thread, you don't need to read it.

all the bad word posting shows is that you don't have any kind of authority, no matter how many probations you give out. it's entirely a reaction to your consistently bad decisions. you hosed up really bad stepping on the xinjiang discussion, made more competent mods clean up your mess, then went straight back to antagonising.

it's clear that you aren't capable of interacting with the community without using your buttons, and seem intent on making yourself the centre of attention. please go away.

mod in a well

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

this thread needs UN peacekeeping forces deployed to it, STAT

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

e-dt posted:

this thread needs UN peacekeeping forces deployed to it, STAT

holding out hope for Cuban military intervention instead

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

exmarx posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

thatfatkid posted:

Lol fmd Flavius you are such a dumb oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh my loving god lol. it cannot be understated how much I hate these pathetic mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
wait when did oval office become a slur

lmao I’d say what a joke but this is pathetic not funny