Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

I agree with you on the first part but society is under no obligation to make your life easier if you have chosen to grow a beard.

Hey pal you come shave my face twice a day before you start throwing judgements

e: my greatest snipe of all time

yeah I eat rear end posted:

also that things don't come squirting out the back when you take the first bite. The toppings that touch the actual burger need to have some friction otherwise eating the burger is a miserable experience of picking stuff up off the plate with your fingers and putting it back in.
I've lived near two places that made god tier burgers (one was even on the Guy Fieri show) but their one crime was insisting on adding too many toppings. There's nothing wrong with a classic boring lettuce/tomato/onion/etc setup but if you're serving an enormous chickpea burger with a bunch of greek toppings I don't need a second entire burger worth of regular burger toppings thanks, just own the haute-cuisine fancy burger.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 01:47 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Beards are good, there is nothing wrong with growing a beard. I think a lot of beard hate comes from jealousy of the perpetually smooth-faced.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gripweed posted:

I agree with you on the first part but society is under no obligation to make your life easier if you have chosen to grow a beard.

Abolish the patriarchy if it can’t even promise this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Badactura posted:

Beards are good, there is nothing wrong with growing a beard. I think a lot of beard hate comes from jealousy of the perpetually smooth-faced.

You get the occasional Matt Christman type guy who absolutely should never show their unshaven face. But 99% of men look better cleanshaven.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't want to grow a beard because it will reveal to people that my hair is starting to go gray. Also I don't want to become a "beard person" where you have to start caring about oils and waxes and whatnot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: most people with facial hair look good with it but it needs to be groomed a bit. If your face grows patchy bits rock the three musketeers look or whatever. The only way to go wrong is to go out in public with the full Hitler.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I truly believe that patchy facial hair is associated with criminal behavior

My research included watching 60 Days In wherein most of the prisoners had patchy facial hair

Not a thick beard among them which is probably why they turned to a life of crime

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Badactura posted:

I am ok with outraging any real or fictional Texans, as I do not respect Texas

That’s fine as long as you don’t mess with Texas.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't want to grow a beard because it will reveal to people that my hair is starting to go gray. Also I don't want to become a "beard person" where you have to start caring about oils and waxes and whatnot.

No you do not. Simply keep it trimmed close and neat. It cuts my shaving down from twice a day to once a week so it’s worth it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

oldpainless posted:

That’s fine as long as you don’t mess with Texas.

More like ‘oldlitterless’.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hey pal you come shave my face twice a day before you start throwing judgements

e: my greatest snipe of all time

I've lived near two places that made god tier burgers (one was even on the Guy Fieri show) but their one crime was insisting on adding too many toppings. There's nothing wrong with a classic boring lettuce/tomato/onion/etc setup but if you're serving an enormous chickpea burger with a bunch of greek toppings I don't need a second entire burger worth of regular burger toppings thanks, just own the haute-cuisine fancy burger.

There used to be a burger chain in Australia called Burger Edge, who had delicious burgers, that were also (and this is the bigger selling point) structurally sound. They rarely fell apart, and if they did, it was usually the last bite or so.

My PHUO is that people focus on the wrong sandwich rule. If you can't eat it one-handed whilst doing something else without causing absolute chaos on your table/floor/crotch then it's not a sandwich.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
A corn dog is a sandwich now.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t care for most toppings on a burger. Part of this is I just don’t like a lot of foods and a lot of cheeses, but I generally prefer to be able to taste the burger and not the thousand other things put on top of it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I definitely prefer minimum sauce. I don't want the whole taste to be the sauce.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I eat burgers with cutlery. French fries too.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

gently caress off Batman posted:

I eat burgers with cutlery. French fries too.

bonjour

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Corn Dogs sound amazing and I'm kinda mad you don't get them in the uk

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can just make them. They aren't that great. Pigs in a blanket are the superior cozy Weiner option

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In Texas fairs you can get corn dogs but instead of the hot dog there is just an entire sausage's worth of fried melty pepper jack in there and :discourse:

e: I assume in worse states' fairs you can get the same thing but it's like, just a sad spiceless block of mild cheddar

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 12:16 on May 17, 2021

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
oh yeah I suppose I can just "make" some poutine while i'm at it despite never being able to find Cheese Curds in a UK store!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Milk plus rennet my dude

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gaius Marius posted:

Milk plus rennet my dude

aye nay bother pal, tell you what, i'm from the highlands i'll just go and get a wee coo for the backyard, chuck in a couple of chickens as well aye, make my own omelette while im at it

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

JollyBoyJohn posted:

oh yeah I suppose I can just "make" some poutine while i'm at it despite never being able to find Cheese Curds in a UK store!

Sainsburys carry it, or it's pretty easy to get online, https://batchfarmcheesemakers.co.uk.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BooDooBoo posted:

Sainsburys carry it, or it's pretty easy to get online, https://batchfarmcheesemakers.co.uk.

Magic to sainsburys i go.

Never in any Tesco i look in

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

All corn dogs are between a 5 and a 7/10.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hang on, aren't you Scots? Surely you'd have access to fried food, by definition.

Corndog is a silly name. They're Dagwood dogs here, or Pluto pups, depending which showground or fish shop you're at. Failing that, a battered sav (saveloy) is pretty good too.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
There's not even any dog in a corndog

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You can't prove that if it's a good corn dog

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Magic to sainsburys i go.

Never in any Tesco i look in

Polish shops also usually have it too, so if you have Polski Sklep nearby, try there too.

(maybe get some Oscypek and Roger orzechowy if you're going, good GOOD stuff!)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BooDooBoo posted:

Polish shops also usually have it too, so if you have Polski Sklep nearby, try there too.

(maybe get some Oscypek and Roger orzechowy if you're going, good GOOD stuff!)

I dont know a lot about polish food but i do know 2 things, 1. they have sweets which have a picture of a dairy cow on them, they taste revolting and 2. they have these thin savoury snacks called paluszki which are delicious

Elissimpark posted:

Hang on, aren't you Scots? Surely you'd have access to fried food, by definition.

Now that you mention it, I suppose its basically the same thing you'd get if you asked for a sausage supper in Scotland, just without the stick

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Corn dogs are terrible and even the best corn dog in the world is just marginally better than eating a cold hot dog out of the pack in front of a fridge at 2am. They're one of the worst hot dogs.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Corn dogs can be good, but there’s no question it’s the exception.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

What's wrong with a battered sausage?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I dont know a lot about polish food but i do know 2 things, 1. they have sweets which have a picture of a dairy cow on them, they taste revolting and 2. they have these thin savoury snacks called paluszki which are delicious

Now that you mention it, I suppose its basically the same thing you'd get if you asked for a sausage supper in Scotland, just without the stick

paluszki are a delight, totally worth a trip on their own.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

SNL is way too into politics these days.

No, I don't mean they talk about politics too much, that's been baked into the show for decades. I mean that the cuts are too deep. There was a whole segment on Liz Cheney losing her seat as #3 house minority leader. The segment included a dunk on Ann Romney.

What normal person even knows who these people are. I don't think people are generally glued to MSNBC and keeping up with congressional committees and senators' families

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

SNL is way too into politics these days.

No, I don't mean they talk about politics too much, that's been baked into the show for decades. I mean that the cuts are too deep. There was a whole segment on Liz Cheney losing her seat as #3 house minority leader. The segment included a dunk on Ann Romney.

What normal person even knows who these people are. I don't think people are generally glued to MSNBC and keeping up with congressional committees and senators' families

Their audience at this point is those people.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I thought SNL was always a thing for liberal cosmopolitan type people

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Badactura posted:

I thought SNL was always a thing for liberal cosmopolitan type people

Then why air it in the US :confused:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
the problem with SNL isn't just the material imho, it's the fact that they don't have any funny comedians on it anymore.

also corndogs are great. More foods should be battered and fried and placed onto a stick if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Elon Musk has at least three citizenships, what have you "cosmopolitan" jokers got

Such a funny guy