Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DanPriceSeattle/status/1392933589566828547?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

They deleted the tweet telling people about what charities help Palestinians right now, loving cowards.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Handsome Ralph posted:

They deleted the tweet telling people about what charities help Palestinians right now, loving cowards.

Can’t spell “ignoble” without “IGN”.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hey, just here condemning charitable aid for civilians, no big deal :downs:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I don't get it, is there some reason you should still be masking even if vaccinated now? I still do it, because a lot of places here will refuse you service and that's fair, because there's no way to accurately verify vaccination status anyway. Is it because people think CDC guidance is more powerful than it is? That dumbasses who aren't gonna vaccinate are gonna magically stop masking just because the CDC said "vaccinated people are gonna be fine"?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
*sheeeeeeeeeesh*

https://twitter.com/LachCartwright/status/1394085734475345924

Edit: geez lots of years of skeeze coming to light

https://twitter.com/lindsaywise/status/1394087579600003073

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 17, 2021

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Defenestrategy posted:

I don't get it, is there some reason you should still be masking even if vaccinated now? I still do it, because a lot of places here will refuse you service and that's fair, because there's no way to accurately verify vaccination status anyway. Is it because people think CDC guidance is more powerful than it is? That dumbasses who aren't gonna vaccinate are gonna magically stop masking just because the CDC said "vaccinated people are gonna be fine"?

Friends with family in south Georgia are reporting the chuds are masking up to protect themselves from vaccinated people shedding 5g nanochips or whatever.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

There is definitely a portion of the population who wouldn't/wont get a vaccine, but wore a mask due to social pressure or local/business rules.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hell of a way to find that Microsoft employs child labor.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Xenoborg posted:

There is definitely a portion of the population who wouldn't/wont get a vaccine, but wore a mask due to social pressure or local/business rules.

You also can still get covid with the vaccine but will most likely be asymptotic. The Yankees, for example, are up to 9 vaccinated staff with covid. My understanding of transmission from an infected vaccinated individual is probably reduced but I’m not taking chances until we hit herd immunity. (Lol I’m wearing a mask forever)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/16/us/yankees-covid-tests-positive-trnd/index.html

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

that's loving funny. you can't make that poo poo up.

The gates and Epstein poo poo that is.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

but wait there's more

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-gave-bill-gates-advice-on-how-to-end-toxic-marriage-sources-say

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I won't be unmasking, even with my aborted fetus J&J 5g microchip vaccination that gives miscarriages at 20 paces. I use a gaiter though, so I can blow my menstrual cycle disrupting nanomachines through the fabric and onto unsuspecting walmart shoppers. But actually because I refuse to shave my monster beard, I double up in close confines with a surgical mask underneath.

And the added anonymity is a nice side effect of constant masking. gently caress the inevitable security state.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The local reddit is of course going "all these people who still wear masks, why aren't they following the cdc's advice and science now huh? huh????".

COVID is never going to end, is it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Defenestrategy posted:

The vaccine doesn't provide complete immunity, so you could be vaccinated and still be an asymptomatic carrier. You should continue to wear masks in public situations because masks are more effective at preventing the wearer from spreading illness to others than they are at protecting the wearer from illness. Keep wearing your mask in public for other people's sake.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Improbable Lobster posted:

The vaccine doesn't provide complete immunity, so you could be vaccinated and still be an asymptomatic carrier. You should continue to wear masks in public situations because masks are more effective at preventing the wearer from spreading illness to others than they are at protecting the wearer from illness. Keep wearing your mask in public for other people's sake.

They need to accelerate the research on the possibility that long term affects of COVID can affect your junk's ability to get up. Nobody cares about other people but I dont know a single man who wants his dicks to be lame.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

The local reddit is of course going "all these people who still wear masks, why aren't they following the cdc's advice and science now huh? huh????".

This poo poo's probably just online bickering. The 70-80% reasonable people in the country recognize that even if wearing a mask only marginally helps a vaccinated person, it does zero harm. Online chuds are just trying to spin it into it being "psychological harm" because they're brain broken.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zamujasa posted:

Not so long as it continues to hurt people conservatives don't like, no

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I haven't been sick once since I started wearing masks, and it was pretty nice through winter having a convenient face warmer.

If it has the added benefit of weird dickheads leaving me alone, that's the winning trifecta right there. Mask fo' life.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

not caring here posted:

I haven't been sick once since I started wearing masks, and it was pretty nice through winter having a convenient face warmer.

If it has the added benefit of weird dickheads leaving me alone, that's the winning trifecta right there. Mask fo' life.

A poo poo ton of us got sick with the common cold in late September after we finished 4 weeks of liberty. Truly surprised how fast it ripped through the crew. Thank God it wasnt Covid, poo poo spreads so fast in a metal box. I'll be wearing my mask inside of buildings for quite awhile.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

There’s even more!

quote:

Long Before Divorce, Bill Gates Had Reputation for Questionable Behavior

Melinda French Gates voiced concerns about her husband’s relationship with Jeffrey Epstein and a harassment claim against his money manager. He also had an affair with an employee.

quote:

Long after they married in 1994, Mr. Gates would on occasion pursue women in the office.

In 2006, for example, he attended a presentation by a female Microsoft employee. Mr. Gates, who at the time was the company’s chairman, left the meeting and immediately emailed the woman to ask her out to dinner, according to two people familiar with the exchange.

“If this makes you uncomfortable, pretend it never happened,” Mr. Gates wrote in an email, according to a person who read it to The New York Times.

The woman was indeed uncomfortable, the two people said. She decided to pretend it had never happened.

A year or two later, Mr. Gates was on a trip to New York on behalf of the Gates Foundation. He was traveling with a woman who worked for the foundation. Standing with her at a cocktail party, Mr. Gates lowered his voice and said: “I want to see you. Will you have dinner with me?” according to the woman.

The woman, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she did not want the public attention associated with describing an unwanted advance, said she felt uncomfortable but laughed to avoid responding.

Six current and former employees of Microsoft, the foundation and the firm that manages the Gates’s fortune said those incidents, and others more recently, at times created an uncomfortable workplace environment. Mr. Gates was known for making clumsy approaches to women in and out of the office.

He’s emailing to ask out Microsoft employees? That’s beyond clumsy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/16/business/bill-melinda-gates-divorce-epstein.html#click=https://t.co/5rcGYaDTHu

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It'll only exonerate him in the eyes of the creeps

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The way he first dated his wife years ago was Emailing her, an employee at the time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

Because I haven't had a cold or flu since before the pandemic started and i'd like to continue doing that.

Also just because i'm vaccinated doesn't mean i'm immune.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Hell of a way to find that Microsoft employs child labor.

Lol

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

MrMojok posted:

Anyway... I just wanted you guys to know that I read everything you say in here, I know a lot of you have been through unbelievably horrendous poo poo, and though my own experiences are nothing like that and I can't imagine the pain you have been through, I can still empathize, I am proud of all of you, and there are people out here who care.

My father didn't speak ever about his time in Vietnam. It wasn't until the past ten years or so, when I got him his disability rating and tied into a few different veteran services that things changed a bit. The thing that did it? He found out if he attended a group therapy session across the street from the costco in the city two hours away that the VA would pay his gas money.

He came for the gas money but found a broken part of himself there that he'd never done the work to heal.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I knew my uncle walked (limped?) out of Vietnam with a chest full of medals. But he never really talked about it. He only shared a little of his story with me after 9-11 to talk dumb high school me out of enlisting.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

not caring here posted:

For every single person like you, that makes sense, there are 2 or 3 of the people that are total morons.

Just this morning, a coworker said this gem. "But with the COVID issues that the gov still believes in."

The COVID "issues" that the gov "still believes" in.

COVID is just a collection of "issues" that you have to "believe" in.

Also, what is the deal with people typing B!den? Do they think it avoids the internet censors?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I got a buncha colds when I started wearing a mask but these days I barely even notice when I have it on and I’ve actually gone longer without a cold than I have in several years.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My wife's grandfather was in Korea and never breathed a word of it to her or her mom until he mentioned something to me one day. All I got out of him was that he trained to be in tanks but ended up in artillery. He was the kindest, sweetest man who I only knew very briefly.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1394053143835648000?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1394103891785039881

I do wonder what this graph would look like with 45 in the White House.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I was wondering wtf NH had been doing up there. Didn’t think anyone in the US had that good of a hold on this drat virus :smith:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I thought VA would be higher but I guess once you get out of NoVA it’s a chud hellhole.

Good job DC even though I’ve heard horror stories about the vax rollout.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1394099822047678465

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
“We need to give cops support and supply them with military gear to keep us from a military occupation” is quite the take.

One easy trick to accepting an occupying military is to have them on city payrolls instead of federal.

Who knew?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

I thought VA would be higher but I guess once you get out of NoVA it’s a chud hellhole.

I bet you'd get a better r-squared if you did counties instead of states.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

boop the snoot posted:

“We need to give cops support and supply them with military gear to keep us from a military occupation” is quite the take.

One easy trick to accepting an occupying military is to have them on city payrolls instead of federal.

Who knew?

Isn't that how the japanese got around the restrictions on having an army? They just upgraded their cops and called them the SDF?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Is this guy someone important? His quotes make him sound like a moron

Edit: oh he's some child star has been trying to jump into being a RW failed celebrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

Is this guy someone important? His quotes make him sound like a moron

Edit: oh he's some child star has been trying to jump into being a RW failed celebrity.

Legit thought he was dead