Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The entire loving concept of enrollment periods for health care is just god drat insane. Sorry you can't access health care unless it's within the one month window of the year or you have a huge life altering incident where ok we'll let you slide this time.

Even their access to health care stuff is a loving dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Edit oops wrong thread

Bootleg Trunks has issued a correction as of 22:27 on May 17, 2021

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Edit oops wrong thread

( USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST )

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

The entire loving concept of enrollment periods for health care is just god drat insane. Sorry you can't access health care unless it's within the one month window of the year or you have a huge life altering incident where ok we'll let you slide this time.

You only get access to healthcare support if you make more than some arbitrary amount, if you actually can't work the government just wants you to die

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

i love how wonky it is. wonk is valid

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Is it important to you that a Republican candidate be personally loyal to Donald Trump?

Important: 66%
Not Important: 33%

Showing this to a guy who just woke up from a coma he entered in 2006

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
come on come on come on get down with the sickness (of zionism)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

nah, the enrollment for this year was closed last year then reopened under biden, so it's both brand-new enrollments and people enrolling for a cheaper plan (I think mastershakeman said he had to reapply to get a cheaper with the new credits).

I don't know if it includes medicaid enrollments, though.

Yeah , my guess is it's people re enrolling to get lower premiums. Im holding off on it until the state denies my kids medicaid application that was automatically routed to them... 5 months ago , just so I don't have to keep re enrolling.

But considering KFF says 12m individuals selected a marketplace plan, only having 1m re enroll is a failure. I think it's because the govt doesn't want you to know the truth about how to maximize your ACA plan, possibly due to when trumps bureaucracy did the 2 years of scary "prove what happens in the future.". The whole point of the new law is for people to low ball and get no claw back next year, they just won't say it out loud. I'm sure a lot of highly paid lobbyists and consultants who get 1099s are fully aware of how to do this though.

The other really funny thing is that, if I'm reading the law right, getting a week's worth of unemployment this year can give you potentially tens of thousands at tax time next year. I hope some confused people publicly talk about that next year but they'd be wise not to (like that Kentucky public defender talking about getting 200k of loans forgiven and getting harassed about it)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

idk what's going on here, yang way down, stringer way up (AFTER sexual assault allegations?)

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1394417548905566208

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

The other really funny thing is that, if I'm reading the law right, getting a week's worth of unemployment this year can give you potentially tens of thousands at tax time next year. I hope some confused people publicly talk about that next year but they'd be wise not to (like that Kentucky public defender talking about getting 200k of loans forgiven and getting harassed about it)

I thought they were having "up to 10k" in u/e comp untaxed; wouldn't your example just not pay taxes on the one week's worth?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

idk what's going on here, yang way down, stringer way up (AFTER sexual assault allegations?)

new yorkers love their sex abusers

love da mets

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's kind of too bad for Yang. I saw a story that asked a bunch of the candidates how much an average home cost outside of Manhattan and Yang was the only one to get it correct. Everyone else was hilariously off.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

tmfc posted:

yeah sorry i can't even keep up the joke this long, whoever posted that originally is a loving idiot

(reddit)

I didn’t know GJB was a redditor

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Glad to see yang dropping but ehhh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CathyReisenwitz/status/1394347734417686531?s=19

So easily trolled

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/CathyReisenwitz/status/1394367257095020544?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

https://www.charlemagneinstitute.org/author-details/cathy-reisenwitz/

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Nothus posted:

It's kind of too bad for Yang. I saw a story that asked a bunch of the candidates how much an average home cost outside of Manhattan and Yang was the only one to get it correct. Everyone else was hilariously off.

It's because he doesn't live there and he's looking to buy

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lmao putting a globe emoji in your onlyfans profile

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I need to start an only fans, seems like easy money if that's their caliber of content providers

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

I thought they were having "up to 10k" in u/e comp untaxed; wouldn't your example just not pay taxes on the one week's worth?

Biden law posted:

SEC. 9663. APPLICATION OF PREMIUM TAX CREDIT IN CASE OF INDIVIDUALS RECEIVING UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION DURING 2021.

(a) In general.—bla bla

“(g) Special rule for individuals who receive unemployment compensation during 2021.—

“(1) IN GENERAL.—For purposes of this section, in the case of a taxpayer who has received, or has been approved to receive, unemployment compensation for any week beginning during 2021, for the taxable year in which such week begins—

“(A) such taxpayer shall be treated as an applicable taxpayer, and

“(B) there shall not be taken into account any household income of the taxpayer in excess of 133 percent of the poverty line for a family of the size involved.

So my reading is that if you're a lobbyist with 200k income, with 5 people in the family and get a single week of unemployment , you end getting a maximum premium subsidy, which gets refunded to you come tax time in 2022.

It seems so insane I think I'm reading it wrong

From another part of the bill it looks like the clawback for underpayment is straight up gone this year and next, but I've never really understand the "second cheapest plan on the market" and all that stuff. They also got rid of the 400 fpl cliff that was insanely important in prior years

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
First, how not to sell libertarian ideas… You’ve probably seen libertarian ideas marketed ineffectively–in this short comedy clip, Cathy Reisenwitz and Libertarian Girl demonstrate “how not to talk to people about liberty.”

https://missliberty.com/sell-libertarian-ideas-not/

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

.........what the gently caress lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

So my reading is that if you're a lobbyist with 200k income, with 5 people in the family and get a single week of unemployment , you end getting a maximum premium subsidy, which gets refunded to you come tax time in 2022.

From another part of the bill it looks like the clawback for underpayment is straight up gone this year and next, but I've never really understand the "second cheapest plan on the market" and all that stuff. They also got rid of the 400 fpl cliff that was insanely important in prior years

hahaha, holy crap.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeah what the gently caress is that organization

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nichael posted:

I need to start an only fans, seems like easy money if that's their caliber of content providers

Well show us a picture of your butt and we'll tell you how you'd stack up.

Gonna gently caress around and pay an onlyfans to cold call me like I'm a big important donor and her congressman ~really needs~ my vote and is willing to do ~anything~.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

hahaha, holy crap.

When I was submitting unemployment records for the $50/mo off broadband (got approved!) I saw my last unemployment week was 12/29/2020 and I was thinking damnit all! Gotta make sure I don't job hunt too hard this year because lol at this provision

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

AFAIK the cliff comes back in 2023, they just got rid of it for 2021-22.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

this person has never had sex

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Josh Christ posted:

I've been playing a lot of diablo 3 lately and it's a ton of doing the same thing over and over and getting marginal changes at best and basically I'm realizing it's liberalism the game.

Speaking of "liberalism the game," I've been playing the Mass Effect remastered version and Paragon Shepard is basically an Aaron Sorkin character any time aliens come up (at least with the female voice, don't know how male Shepard sounds delivering the same lines).

There are many dialogues like the following:

Some dumbass: I'm no racist, but aliens can't be trusted
Shepard: Excuse me good sir, those aliens are our ALLIES
Dumbass: Still don't trust those shifty bastards, humans gotta stick together
Shepard: We are stronger together than apart.
Dumbass: Your facts and logic have given me a lot to think about

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I remember my last attempt at using the ACA marketplace mostly involved like, an insane amount of paperwork and checks to prove my income and what I think my income would be for the next year, all to be able to pay $100/month for a bronze plan with like a $10k deductible.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

tmfc posted:

yeah what the gently caress is that organization

fascist

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Judakel posted:

First, how not to sell libertarian ideas… You’ve probably seen libertarian ideas marketed ineffectively–in this short comedy clip, Cathy Reisenwitz and Libertarian Girl demonstrate “how not to talk to people about liberty.”

https://missliberty.com/sell-libertarian-ideas-not/

free will is a lie

all events are determined on a parabolic, parametric wave based off of previous infinitely self annihilating causes and effects: causes and effects that create their own causes and effects whittled down to 1 detectable cause and 1 detectable effect leading down to the limited spectrum of choices that we inevitably make. The choice takes place within the lived reality we exist we call free will despite there being no actual choice or will in the matter

just an ever narrower realm of possibilities

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Re: healthcare

We're about to pay 1k for my wife's endoscopy because since it's for a recurring issue it's a diagnostic test. Had we done it as preventative because of her age the insurance would have covered it. drat us for not lying to the doctor. At least its still early in the year and she'll almost have reached her deductible.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Phone posted:

new yorkers love their sex abusers

love da mets

The Nye Pests are my favorite squadron

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1394378731024572416
https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1393265201135296512
https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1394432307088355328

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

oh god it's this chick again

https://twitter.com/dongoloids/status/1394370475799810053

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

loving of course it's the boondocks tweet lady

jesus christ

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ive got bad news

https://mobile.twitter.com/emmagf/status/1394356517604843521

adams is sure to win now since stringers scandal increased his polling numbers for some incomprehensible reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

lmao disturbed singer never listened to a pink floyd song in his life