Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've been watching a drakengard 3 LP because I never played it, and I was hoping that the cringy horniness would subside after parting ways with Five, but I've just met Decadus and it seems that I am not to be so lucky

I guess it's a good thing that this game didn't get too popular, because the fanart of him and the tall lady from Resident Evil would have gone to dark places fast

Drakengard 3 is a very horney game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

what is life if nothing but a stream of constant cringy horniness

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well, good to know what I'm in for for the rest of the way I guess

I'll say that I do appreciate that it does the bayonetta thing of shooting the horny moon, where it is so overflowing with sexuality that it just kind of becomes background noise and normal again

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

At work today I had some Nier Replicant ver 1.22 music goin in my office and right at the end of the day our old crotchety senior director walked by and peaked her head in to ask me if it was opera I was listening to and then went on and on and on I had to listen to her tell me about how her son was a singer, her trips to India and how she wishes she could go back but she can't and that this is all a fake pandemic and if it were up to her she'd force everyone to go to the office 5x a week and I missed my train. Thanks Keiichi Okabe I still love you

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

My last trip before everything shut down was a very stressful day of travel to make it to the Nier orchestra in chicago. poo poo was bad, tons of flight delays, two changed planes (for a single leg flight!), but I made it and was rear end in seat as they were doing toe pre-show introductions. After the show I got super drunk at the hotel bar, slept for 4 hours, got on the plane still drunk, got home still drunk, and passed back out for another 18.

No regrets, would do it again. The concert was incredible.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

beep by grandpa posted:

At work today I had some Nier Replicant ver 1.22 music goin in my office and right at the end of the day our old crotchety senior director walked by and peaked her head in to ask me if it was opera I was listening to and then went on and on and on I had to listen to her tell me about how her son was a singer, her trips to India and how she wishes she could go back but she can't and that this is all a fake pandemic and if it were up to her she'd force everyone to go to the office 5x a week and I missed my train. Thanks Keiichi Okabe I still love you

Play her Song of the Ancients and tell her it's all about how to cure a pandemic.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1394470454656585728

Grimoire NieR might be getting a reprint/revision in a few months, it seems.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well, good to know what I'm in for for the rest of the way I guess

I'll say that I do appreciate that it does the bayonetta thing of shooting the horny moon, where it is so overflowing with sexuality that it just kind of becomes background noise and normal again

Honestly the most egregious horny thing involves Accord groping Zero and that lost verse scene goes on way too long as well it sucks so much. Otherwise it’s just kind of background noise that Intoners gently caress and disciples are horny. Also the fact that all the disciples are 22 that is still really weird.

I’m playing my old file and I’m about to do route D for the first time since release. Wish me luck.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Playing through the ending E path now and wanted to know if I wanted to replay it after completing it, can I just load up the fresh file that I used to get to the E scenario and do the Aerie part 2 to get here, or would I have to see ending D and delete my file/self again?

edit - Looks like it's ending D again. Kind of a pita but it's not the worst thing in the world.

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 18, 2021

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
In Replicant, are playthrough b and c identical in terms of content? Or are there new additions in c? I've really enjoyed the game so far but not sure I want to play a third time right away!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mostly the same. A handful of new cutscenes, one new text section, and the shipwreck section has a new ending.

Man we need to quote this at the top of every page

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They used to be identical but now there's some changes including a completely new ending to the shipwreck section. That's the only major difference though.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Cheers, I'm not sure if that's better or not! I was tempted to speed run it and skip through dialogue and cut scenes but if there's new content, I'll have to watch everything. Probably come back to it in a few months.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can safely skip everything except shipwreck, the only other extras are unskippable dialogue scenes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also when people say skip everything except shipwreck they mean don’t start skipping again until you’ve completely cleared the shipwreck section and are back on to the next story beat, because the last piece of new-new content is right at the very end of it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Large Gear aren’t real

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

an upgrade to surpass middle gear

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I wish I had realized earlier than route C that some bosses are invincible until story dialogue finishes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man I upgraded the fool's lament last night to level 4 (shoutout to grinding the junk heap robots for a side quest). This loving sword owns at max level goddamn

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Man I upgraded the fool's lament last night to level 4 (shoutout to grinding the junk heap robots for a side quest). This loving sword owns at max level goddamn

I did route c/d with it maxed out and it does indeed own. Pretty easy to upgrade all things considering. The box’s in the basement section with the vents drop Damascus pretty regularly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edmund Lava posted:

I did route c/d with it maxed out and it does indeed own. Pretty easy to upgrade all things considering. The box’s in the basement section with the vents drop Damascus pretty regularly.

Those boxes are very much all or nothing for each run through the complex. If rng isn’t on your side they’re full of amber every time.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Those boxes are very much all or nothing for each run through the complex. If rng isn’t on your side they’re full of amber every time.

You can jump in the pits to kill yourself and reset the room without having to go all the way back through!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eh, you’re going to be running the complex a million times for memory alloy anyway so it’s trading one obnoxious rng battle for another at the end of the day

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Zack Ater posted:

You can jump in the pits to kill yourself and reset the room without having to go all the way back through!

Killing yourself doesn't reset the boxes though? At least it doesn't for me when I accidentally go to kill a robot and run into the lava like an idiot. I spawn back at the start of the room but the boxes I've smashed stay smashed.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eh, you’re going to be running the complex a million times for memory alloy anyway so it’s trading one obnoxious rng battle for another at the end of the day
Now you can suicide to get guaranteed memory alloy. If you kill one of the mini bosses and they don't drop it, let the regular robots kill you and you'll respawn right outside the mini boss room and can try again. It normally takes me 4-5 goes before I get a memory alloy but that's quicker than running the whole dungeon that many times.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 20, 2021

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
but the miniboss is the last enemy that spawns, how do I let the enemies kill me?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

There are three rooms in B2 that have the mini bosses that drop the alloy. One has no other enemies so you're stuck. The second had a bunch of the ground guys that spawn after the mini boss is dead so you're good there. The third room has a second mini boss that spawns after the first along with a bunch of flying robots. I just let the second mini boss kill me because Kaine and Emil usually take out the flyers before they can get me.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Soysaucebeast posted:

Killing yourself doesn't reset the boxes though? At least it doesn't for me when I accidentally go to kill a robot and run into the lava like an idiot. I spawn back at the start of the room but the boxes I've smashed stay smashed.

HP hits 0 death, like when farming memory alloy, not just falling into the pit once. It's only particularly useful if you don't get any of the drops you want at all.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Zack Ater posted:

HP hits 0 death, like when farming memory alloy, not just falling into the pit once. It's only particularly useful if you don't get any of the drops you want at all.

Oh damnit lol. I'm at the point where the only Junk Heap drop I need is 6 more Pyrite, but that's also in the Barren Temple and the 15 Nightmares DLC. I need more drops from each of those areas anyway so no more Junk Heap for me. Still that would have been good to know last week.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The barren temple is really quick to farm ime, took me about half an hour to get 10 or so just checking out the first couple of rooms then running back out.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Emil you rear end in a top hat stop trying to save me from dying

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Soysaucebeast posted:

The third room has a second mini boss that spawns after the first along with a bunch of flying robots. I just let the second mini boss kill me because Kaine and Emil usually take out the flyers before they can get me.

You can set Kaine and Emil to be defensive and not attack, then ignore the flying bots while you kill the 2nd miniboss for a drop. Letting the bots kill you is still something of a chore since their electric attack by this point in the game is going to do no damage on top of knocking you around which makes it harder to get hit by the magic orbs which WILL kill you, but then

goblin week posted:

Emil you rear end in a top hat stop trying to save me from dying

this happens. Still, one more shot at a Memory Alloy! :v:

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
I just crushed through Route B and C/D, and yeah, watch the cutscenes in B, skip all the skippable cutscenes in C except for the ship stuff and don't mash X through scenes of Popola and Devola talking. That's it.

I found C to be a huge chore, and even re-running the final dungeon for D, but also, I tried to marathon through it, when I just should've done it in a few sessions. Sorta soured me on the whole experience a bit, but I am the idiot who is rushing. please let E be worth all this

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Gave Shadowlord to Lara6683 to learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulS5dOKsbWk

I'm on Route B right now and loved everything about it so far. I even like a lot of the remade music and think many are better. I'll see how I feel having to repeat the same parts again. I only did A and B in the original but I'll try to get all the endings this time.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Anyone know English name of this song...I'm trying to buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvVWpEvdjM

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

LorneReams posted:

Anyone know English name of this song...I'm trying to buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvVWpEvdjM

The Comrades Song / Gabriel

https://youtu.be/K6KqB3DPhG0

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

just starting out in replicant and this talk about purposely dying in an efficient way to farm a random drop sounds absolutely horrible.

are you guys just nuts or is the grind going to be necessary?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cool av posted:

just starting out in replicant and this talk about purposely dying in an efficient way to farm a random drop sounds absolutely horrible.

Not necessary. You only have to do it for optional side quests and max-level weapon upgrades (also optional)

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

cool av posted:

Got all five endings and cleared the DLC with about an hour spent on fishing and 30 minutes getting mats for the best weapon in the game. And truthfully I didn’t have to do the second part it just made route C quicker.

The people engaging in insane grinds are trying to platinum the game which is insanely time consuming.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

good job :-]