Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

How does Gorrell manage to consistently draw the absolute whitest black people? Is this an issue with his colorist? The rest of his colors don't seem weirdly pale but this kid is clearly intended to be black and he's lighter skinned that most other artists draw actual white people as. Does Gorrell just not know what dark skin looks like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
My vague recollection is the magnets line became viral in part because of the line after, where he says he doesn't want to ask a scientist why because they are all lying and getting him pissed. This was around the peak of Internet Atheism and the like so this kind of "you can't explain it! It's God" argument hit a nerve amongst all the internet nerds looking for the next fundie anti-science meme to own with facts and logic

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

D.N. Nation posted:

Workers for the bogus audit showed up with the same color markers as ones used in previous, legitimate audits; there's a 100% chance that they themselves broke the seals. Frankly this "audit" shouldn't just be ignored, it should be made illegal.

Just so this doesn't get glossed over; the Arizona election was already audited three times by the actual authorities whose job it is, and ratified and accepted both by Arizona's republican governor and the local republican representatives from Maricopa County. Cyber Ninjas are an obvious scam company and nobody outside of the Q cultists want them there. The only scary part is that that somehow wasn't enough to prevent the fash from throwing tax dollars at them and letting them handle ballots.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CuwiKhons posted:

How does Gorrell manage to consistently draw the absolute whitest black people? Is this an issue with his colorist? The rest of his colors don't seem weirdly pale but this kid is clearly intended to be black and he's lighter skinned that most other artists draw actual white people as. Does Gorrell just not know what dark skin looks like?

The only black people who appear in Gorrell cartoons are Good Black People - that is, they either agree with him entirely, or they would agree with him entirely if they weren't (visibly in the cartoon) Being Fed Lies by the Lieberal Elites.

As such, they can't have dark skin, because Bob Gorrell is a massive racist, and in Gorrell-world, good people have light skin.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Angepain posted:

My vague recollection is the magnets line became viral in part because of the line after, where he says he doesn't want to ask a scientist why because they are all lying and getting him pissed. This was around the peak of Internet Atheism and the like so this kind of "you can't explain it! It's God" argument hit a nerve amongst all the internet nerds looking for the next fundie anti-science meme to own with facts and logic

This correlates with my own memory, so I think you got it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

ungulateman posted:

yes, the us just skips the middleman and gives the money to israel directly to do the same thing

Grimdude posted:

Yeah my brain saw the US arm giving money to a nation that starts with "I" and my brain literally filled in the blanks as us giving money to Israel.

Brought to you by :effort: and Paint3D:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's a bad cartoon, but at least it taught me a new word.

Holy crap, it's a real word! I just assumed he'd had a ministroke part way through lettering.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Angepain posted:

I was thinking this happened within a month or two of Bill O'Reilly saying, "Tides go in. Tides go out. You can't explain it!" But checking the dates, it was about 2 years apart. The Internet's reaction to both was roughly the same.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I agree, Israel is destroying the chances of a Palestinian state by committing genocide.

Raised By Birds posted:

Brought to you by :effort: and Paint3D:

The last panel should have the missile landing on the kids, then it's pretty spot on.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I agree, Israel is destroying the chances of a Palestinian state by committing genocide.

Don't need to come up with a peaceful solution if one side is dead :pseudo:

I seriously hope that isn't what's going on, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Grimdude posted:

gently caress. This is the worst trend currently. Conservatives being all "Ugh finally!" about being told they don't need to wear them anymore when it's their dumbass fault it got this bad.
"Ugh. FINALLY I can take off the mask that I literally never wore to begin with, ever."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

They're just happy because they think they can stop getting nagged for not wearing one.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Some days I think I can't get surprised by the bad takes from the usual guys in here, but this Israel/Palestine and bombing the press stuff is just wow.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

I dont know posted:

I was thinking this happened within a month or two of Bill O'Reilly saying, "Tides go in. Tides go out. You can't explain it!" But checking the dates, it was about 2 years apart. The Internet's reaction to both was roughly the same.

Somehow I missed this happening. loving hilarious. Why would anyone believe a thing he said after that.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
It's pretty reasonable to think magnetism is weird. While you can model it easily with simple equations, to calculate where it comes from you need to apply special relativity and quantum physics to electric charges.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Johnny Walker posted:

Some days I think I can't get surprised by the bad takes from the usual guys in here, but this Israel/Palestine and bombing the press stuff is just wow.

I forget where Garrison falls on the i/p conflict

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's not like that line is the origin of people looking down on ICP or their fans. That was just a weird unexpected religious turn for a band mostly known for throwing piss bottles, getting mad at cops, and drinking.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

ungulateman posted:

yes, the us just skips the middleman and gives the money to israel directly to do the same thing

There was even an old Dry Bones cartoon complaining that the money the US gives Israel to buy weapons had to be spent on American weapons.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I forget where Garrison falls on the i/p conflict

Garrison is willing to back Israel if it allows him to criticize a Democrat (like the recent cartoon about John Kerry), and he hates Ilhan Omar, so he's definitely on Israel's side.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Friendly reminder that America did far more damage to itself in retaliation for 9/11, and out of fear of it happening again, than the terrorist could have ever dreamed of doing on their own. The country would be objectively better off today if we had just tightened our internal security a bit and then moved on. This is, naturally, in addition to the colossal damage inflicted on other countries and people almost all of which had nothing to do with the attack.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hmm yes both sides bad, if only they could be friends then everything would be solved

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's worth noting that so far the only evidence we have for Hamas using the building is "Israel said so".

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Since the death toll so far is 10 Israelis and 214 Palestinians then I guess that means for Palestine every hour is 9/11.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Fister Roboto posted:

hmm yes both sides bad, if only they could be friends then everything would be solved

A million white guys in their 20s/30s discussing this have less impact than one “but think of the children!!” in the right place and it’s always been that way.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Hahahaha, which dipshit conjured up this histrionic masterpiece? :allears:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pilchenstein posted:

Hahahaha, which dipshit conjured up this histrionic masterpiece? :allears:

That's Steve Benson, who is Terminally Liberal.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope it is terminal, plenty of lefties are finally asking Israel to respectfully stop this poo poo and we don't need more genocide fanboys.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

I'm glad someone has the courage to admit that Israel is blowing up buildings full of innocents everyday in acts of terrorism

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Clay Bennett

I hate so much that this is a position that an otherwise reasonable person can think is reasonable.

Lisa Benson

gently caress you

Chip Bok

Bok just openly advocating for genocide

Clay Jones

Michael Ramirez

uuuuugh

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I need to meditate on this

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Even if Hamas has the baddest dudes in there, who loving sees a bad guy take a kid as a human shield and thinks the person that shoots the kid to get the bad guy is the hero here?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Lisa Benson

gently caress you

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Pants Donkey posted:

Even if Hamas has the baddest dudes in there, who loving sees a bad guy take a kid as a human shield and thinks the person that shoots the kid to get the bad guy is the hero here?

Movement conservatives. I think I first saw George F. Will articulate the argument that it's okay for protesters to be abused during arrest because they're trying to get arrested to do some kind of civil disobedience thing for the other activists. So getting abused by the system is what they want, and they're getting it, doesn't sound like a problem to me. It's a license for the reader to turn off the part of their brain that nonviolent resistance works on, and it defangs all of the various resistance tactics that rely on bystander outrage.

"What? Of course that kid got shot. He was hanging out with Hamas, that's probably what he wanted. Now he gets his 70 virgins a yuck yuck."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy

But also,

Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

So many lovely cartoonists tried to use the George Floyd imagery as a metaphor that failed hard (that loving Branco one), and I feel like this is actually an appropriate use of it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Republicans.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

seiferguy posted:

So many lovely cartoonists tried to use the George Floyd imagery as a metaphor that failed hard (that loving Branco one), and I feel like this is actually an appropriate use of it.

I agree.
And the cartoonist actually bothered to draw the flag of Israel in full rather than the problematic Magen David alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pants Donkey posted:

Note: he is again trying to evade his Twitter ban, so report @cartoonsben if you have a moment.

How do you even do that? I can't find the proper report reason and their help section is out of date.