Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Are you feeling a little Grumpy Trumpy after you got your Fauci Ouchie or something?

huh, is that how it's pronounced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Defenestrategy posted:

Is it just me being a contrarian or have people gotten worse at making snappy names to slam people and events with.

Drumpf, Fraudit, The Big Lie.. all sound like something you'd hear an obnoxious five year old say.

The "Big Lie" refers specifically to Nazi propaganda and is a historically sound term. It's not supposed to be a "snappy slam."

quote:

The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously." Hitler claimed the technique was used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff, who was a prominent nationalist political leader in the Weimar Republic. Historian Jeffrey Herf says the Nazis used the idea of the original big lie to turn sentiment against Jews and bring about the Holocaust.

Herf maintains that Joseph Goebbels and the Nazi Party actually used the big lie propaganda technique that they described – and that they used it to turn long-standing antisemitism in Europe into mass murder.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nuclear War posted:

Let's see Israel wiggle out of this one!

Oh well. nevertheless.

(not an attack on you commieGIR)

Well look, civilians were known to occupy the building, and we all know civilians are just human shields for Hamas TERRORISTS, therefore

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Apple is moving their encryption to China, both to comply with the Chinese government'd demands and to "provide them a shield from American Law"

Its as bad as it sounds. While Google and most others also do this same thing, Apple specifically prides itself on its "Privacy Protection". While Apple is arguing this will only affect their Chinese customers, stay suspicious.

https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/1394389869540089856?s=20

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 17, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Well look, civilians were known to occupy the building, and we all know civilians are just human shields for Hamas TERRORISTS, therefore

oh man gip scholar grover explained carefully how actually civilians are military targets once

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Israel figured out the loophole: Turn them into terrorists by Apartheid, and then bomb the poo poo out of them while claiming Human Shields.

Which, of note, IDF openly got caught using human shields and when the Israeli Supreme Court banned the practice, IDF whined about it. So they are a-okay with human shields.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1394390186147160068

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

CommieGIR posted:

Israel figured out the loophole: Turn them into terrorists by Apartheid, and then bomb the poo poo out of them while claiming Human Shields.

Which, of note, IDF openly got caught using human shields and when the Israeli Supreme Court banned the practice, IDF whined about it. So they are a-okay with human shields.

Pretty sure they also have a bunch of IDF stuff deliberately located at like, shopping malls and stuff too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

huh, is that how it's pronounced

Yep.

:lol:

https://twitter.com/DimatMike/status/1394391569248100352?s=20

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Defenestrategy posted:

Is it just me being a contrarian or have people gotten worse at making snappy names to slam people and events with.

Drumpf, Fraudit, The Big Lie.. all sound like something you'd hear an obnoxious five year old say.

Barack Hussein "The Islamic Shock" Obama, *-gate, "obamanation" ... no, this sort of thing has been going on for a long time.

Still, I want to know more about it, if only because the part about spinning tables has me curious.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

The Big Lie isn't some snappy comeback, it's a propaganda technique that's been around forever.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

Barack Hussein "The Islamic Shock" Obama, *-gate, "obamanation" ... no, this sort of thing has been going on for a long time.

Still, I want to know more about it, if only because the part about spinning tables has me curious.

I think the lowpoint for Obama "puns" was when I heard someone in TN call him O-bongo the jungle president. So yeah

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

This is good activism.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

boop the snoot posted:

This is good activism.

It is. They use satire very well for a lot of things.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Handsome Ralph posted:

They deleted the tweet telling people about what charities help Palestinians right now, loving cowards.

IGN's editorial staff is calling out Ziff Davis and ownership for deleting the tweet.

https://ignemployees.medium.com/an-open-letter-to-leadership-at-ign-ziff-davis-and-j2-global-f7171d5ad42f

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

IGN's editorial staff is calling out Ziff Davis and ownership for deleting the tweet.

https://ignemployees.medium.com/an-open-letter-to-leadership-at-ign-ziff-davis-and-j2-global-f7171d5ad42f

I was very critical of IGN’s staff so I’m very happy to see this.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

boop the snoot posted:

I was very critical of IGN’s staff so I’m very happy to see this.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1394391420409110528?s=19

No, Tom Cotton would be fine with any war crime

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Grip it and rip it posted:

Look at this clown who never replaced all the lights in the RC!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He looks like a caricature of a human being

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I want -gate retired with Gaetzgate, it will never be better than that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

“Elongate”, though it was funnier before Musk himself mentioned it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

He looks like a caricature of a human being

Fitting since the last Republican president did too.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Reading more about this Arizona audit thing... When is this next round of Arizona republicans going to be subject to their circular firing squad?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Depends on how long it takes for Trump to learn the name of someone in Maricopa that he can single out as holding everything up.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

As Nero Danced posted:

Depends on how long it takes for Trump to learn the name of someone in Maricopa that he can single out as holding everything up.

He's already pissed off at Ducey for certifying the election, so he's the guy already. Donnie was yelling about him not providing security for the Great And Wonderful Audit because Cyber Ninjas did planning in case they would get attacked by antifa.

I'm not kidding in that sentence.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’m so god drat glad he’s not on Twitter. Thank gently caress.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Stand Your Ground: Whites Only

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1394492310805700609?s=19

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

given how racist Oklahoma turned out to be in adulthood, im shocked i survived there as a young Black pre teen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It was always the text

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Not even a gun license. His business license for his dispensary.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors (elections) is majority republican. They've had enough of the fraudit and don't really give a poo poo if Donnie's going to lie up a storm. This letter rules.

https://twitter.com/srl/status/1394397269064142851?s=19

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1394390280560812033?s=19

The Cyber Ninjas are bad at computers.

This really is some solid shade.

quote:

5. We will not attend your meeting on May 18, 2021.
In your letter, you invite us to attend a meeting at the Arizona State Capitol on
Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 1:00 p.m., and you request that we bring Election
Department officials who would have knowledge of our elections procedures.
We will not be attending. We will not be responding to any additional inquiries
from your “auditors”. Their failure to understand basic election processes is
an indication you didn’t get the best people to perform in your political theatre.
We have wasted enough County resources. People’s tax dollars are real,
your “auditors” are not.

They're legit using this already debunked claim by the IDF to further subvert news organizations, and news reporting altogether.

It's truly disgusting.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Last Week Tonight just did a good episode on this. (Not the specific incident but stand your ground laws)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTF-Kz_7L0c

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

No gently caress him, he asked for Gaetzgate and that why it's Pizzagaetz

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Biggest podcast just run by a loud racist. Very on brand.

https://twitter.com/heathercampbell/status/1394466288731262977?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This really is some solid shade.

They're legit using this already debunked claim by the IDF to further subvert news organizations, and news reporting altogether.

It's truly disgusting.

It's not convincing anyone who isn't already on board

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/afp/status/1394446081723801604?s=21

Biden's fp so far is a direct continuation of trump's. The optics internally are different - Trump would be bragging about this while Biden keeps quiet -but the actual policy is the same. I was hopeful with the Yemen announcement but it doesn't seem like that was meaningful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Defenestrategy posted:

What about when Irish property management firm Investi is involved in a scandal uncovered by Bill Gates's fiance Natalie Estes? Of course, it was all a setup by Natilie Estes-Gates to to use government investigations lower share price, force the company to dilute shares and create an opportunity for hostile takeover.

Then Investi shareholders may initiate an investigation of N. Estes-Gates investments in Investi during the initial investigation of the scandalous Investi investments that prompted Investi-Gate.