Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

nishi koichi posted:

get down on your orange and yellow knees and kiss my clown feet that i haven't killed you yet!!!

Mike's deep well of midwestern rage boiling over is always hilarious. His Hugh Beaumont was great the same way.

Julet Esqu posted:

I can't help but wonder how much of the weird feel of the new seasons was Netflix interference. Certainly some of it had to be new cast and writers getting the hang of things and guest writers needing to get a certain level of contribution in, but beyond that...

I'm interested to see how the new show comes out without a network leaning on anyone. What stays and what goes.

It think the Gauntlet aspect was a real hinderance to season 12, but the riffing feels a lot more natural compared to season 11, like they're better with timing and delivery. Season 11 has some great jokes, but it seems like they're trying to deliver them as quickly as possible, like how people do when they're nervous. One of the reasons why I'm so stoked for season 13 is that they all have been doing this for like five years now.

I still can't believe how badly Netflix blew it. Like, didn't they understand they show they were buying? Even if it doesn't fit the mold for their binge-focused business model, it's still and incredibly cheap show to make and people will guaranteed watch it. Nexflix is stupid profitable, I just can't see why it wouldn't be worth six million to them to just cut the check and let MST3K do whatever. gently caress them, though! The Gauntlet was a terrible idea and worse would only have followed.

e: :350: Page 420 snypa :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJNs5FpRQYU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Whoa. I AM Metaluna

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
But...we were in the tubes, maan...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Come on let's put on Sister Mary Elephant!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I Am Fowl posted:

They're pretty funny.

They're the better team of the two I think.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Lucky guy...he's about to find out I'm Ben Murphy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

They're the better team of the two I think.

I almost wish they'd maybe have GPC be more present in the theater and let, say, Crow just pop in for her eps. But I really like Mary-Jo and Bridget's Rifftrax stuff, and think having two women bouncing off one another adds a different energy which is neat.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I almost wish they'd maybe have GPC be more present in the theater and let, say, Crow just pop in for her eps. But I really like Mary-Jo and Bridget's Rifftrax stuff, and think having two women bouncing off one another adds a different energy which is neat.

Joel was really positive about Mary-Jo’s appearance as Pearl in the theater in Delta Knights, so I think the chances are pretty decent assuming it’s logistically possible.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

The first time you saw this I laughed so hard I spilled my bong water.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fighting Trousers posted:

Lucky guy...he's about to find out I'm Ben Murphy.

I'll just do a pinch-hit, pop in some Deep Purple, and get this government operation underway. Gotta keep things mellow or the turkeys will win.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I'll just do a pinch-hit, pop in some Deep Purple, and get this government operation underway. Gotta keep things mellow or the turkeys will win.

So they have thirteen hours to drive from Torrance to Long Beach? :confused:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Man, there are A LOT of patent papers that need to be worked on, and they're not going to work on themselves! Besides, that 13 hours may seem excessive now, but you'll be glad you budgeted yourself that much time when you're doing your naked burpees.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, I'm not cool so I'll just have to shake regular.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

whoa, the acid kicked in :pcgaming:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Hey Mike, I'll bet you were wang-chunging all over the place.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Hey Mike, I'll bet you were wang-chunging all over the place.

Admit it, Mike: this music kinda gets your blood going, doesn't it? :v:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Admit it, Mike: this music kinda gets your blood going, doesn't it? :v:

You and your precious eighties

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Morter posted:

whoa, the acid kicked in :pcgaming:

Did the ozone layer finally give out, what’s going on here?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

fadeaway jerk handshake

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
That was a great handshake man. This is a pretty mellow top secret operation, nobody's getting uptight, everything's cool, no baggage or hang-ups. I'm just gonna hang in there baby you bet your sweet bippy, I'll do my thing, they'll do theirs. Just gotta keep mellow, that's what being Ben Murphy's all about, and I'm Ben Murphy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm some gal!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I see that someone else already posted my Ben Murphy quote and that makes me an even bigger turkey than Denby.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This page is the Ben Murphiest

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

But what about Abby? She's some gal...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Excuse me, young fellow, can I get a fix?
Really, I'm very strung out and in need of some mary jane or reefer!

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
I made a random reference to a Joel sketch on Twitter, tagged Joel for the hell of it, and he liked it a few minutes later. Am I a comedy god now?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I love Riding with Death so much but then I realize I only remember a handful of jokes and really only remember mainly the first half for jokes.

Then I think of my other favorite, Tehp Umaman. I think I'll watch that tonight.

Pu...ma man, he flies like a moron!

Pleasing Shape posted:

I made a random reference to a Joel sketch on Twitter, tagged Joel for the hell of it, and he liked it a few minutes later. Am I a comedy god now?

Just repeat to yourself 'It's just a like, I should really just relax :woop: "

Morter fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 18, 2021

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If we don't keep it up, we could die and miss the Bicentennial.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

lucky goons, they’re about to check this thread and find Ben Murphy

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

My patent papers are at a slight angle, Sam!

Morter posted:

I love Riding with Death so much but then I realize I only remember a handful of jokes and really only remember mainly the first half for jokes.

Yeah the first half is what carries that episode. It's got the guy who is forever cleaning his glasses, constant turkey references, Black Barts coming up on mudflaps, the insanely convoluted plot. Just non-stop hits.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I love how in the second part of this pilot, they’ve already run out of things for Abby to do so she’s just sitting in a room somewhere watching the episode and commenting.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I love how in the second part of this pilot, they’ve already run out of things for Abby to do so she’s just sitting in a room somewhere watching the episode and commenting.

The second part of the movie is from much later in the show’s season, and I believe the actress had left the show already.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

oh really? I didn’t know there was more death to be riding with.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

bees x1000 posted:

Is she in heaven, Mike?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This can't BE! You're DEAD!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I believe they picked that episode because the trucker shows up again, so it almost makes sense as a longer story. Unlike the Master Ninja "movies", where it's even more clear that they're just two episodes of tv stuck together. They even added some ADR about Buffalo going to Ontario to race cars or whatever. Of course, it still is dumb and bad and a good indicator of why the show was cancelled and the only bits of it anyone has seen are on MST3K.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

I believe they picked that episode because the trucker shows up again, so it almost makes sense as a longer story. Unlike the Master Ninja "movies", where it's even more clear that they're just two episodes of tv stuck together. They even added some ADR about Buffalo going to Ontario to race cars or whatever. Of course, it still is dumb and bad and a good indicator of why the show was cancelled and the only bits of it anyone has seen are on MST3K.

"Advisor? 'Yes I advise you to find the most annoying cracker to play a sidekick and smash two unrelated episode scripts together' "

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

oh really? I didn’t know there was more death to be riding with.

The show was called “Gemini Man,” because 70s. The movie is the first and seventh episodes stitched together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Splint Chesthair posted:

The show was called “Gemini Man,” because 70s. The movie is the first and seventh episodes stitched together.

Of all the celestial objects they pick one that has literally nothing to do with the power set of "become invisible"