Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh hey I think Queen Aminata is back in the crowd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

oh hey I think Queen Aminata is back in the crowd!

Seems so!

https://twitter.com/amisylle/status/1394447432403062786

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hell yeah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that double headscissors/splash spot was thoroughly ridiculous and i loved it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ogogo cannot be the heel lmao

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Any combo of Dark Order just works so well together. They have that puro stable chemistry.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao drat you Matt Hardy!!!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love Ogogo and hope he absolutely punches Cody through the torso and his fist comes out the other side.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

ogogo cannot be the heel lmao

Seriously, what a great face promo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I love Ogogo and hope he absolutely punches Cody through the torso and his fist comes out the other side.

Remember how in mk 1 Johnny Cage would just upper cut a guys head off?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Holy poo poo Kris almost got nailed with that crutch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HUNK THEME

THESE JOBBERS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

god tay conti is a megastar

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

god tay conti is a megastar

She has everything and I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being a crossover star in some way.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

She has everything and I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being a crossover star in some way.

She did a Q&A before Dynamite and ended up trending because of it. She's huge.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1394403200762105866

Ogogo still out here "heeling" it up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Catching up to Elevation. Toney and Paul missed the loving weapon Matt gave her. :psyduck:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anthony Promo Ogogo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

love this man named Robo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Catching up to Elevation. Toney and Paul missed the loving weapon Matt gave her. :psyduck:

I think Paul was playing it up

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just got to Ogogo's promo. It's everythign I couldn't dare hope it could be.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, that music for Nemeth is so good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Weapon X is such a hosed move Tony can't even talk during it

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I've concluded that Blade has a great sense for fashion but he tries to match Butcher's aesthetic to make his friend feel good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Alan has an amazing hot tag

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

I feel like kilynn is ready for Dynamite and probably a program with Britt when she takes the belt

tv ready 100% but not character ready

she rules tho i hope she can put it together

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

something about KiLynn King's current look and her pose gimmick makes me think of her as a character in a 90s fighting game with digitized graphics

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevated Darkthoughts

1) Adrian Alanis vs Jungle Boy. People LOVE them some Jungle Boy. And with good reason, he's as good here as he always is. Alanis is mostly reacting, but he looks good here. Couple of whiffed moves, but you could build Alanis up well if you had the desire to.

2) Aaron Solow vs Dustin Rhodes. I continue to love the QT throne steps. Dustin starts off dominant and fights Solow into the crowd. I get that Solow is the Factory designated pin-taker but I'd like to see him get more here. Some nice shenanigans with the Factory being ejected, a couple of nice bits of Solow offense. Once it gets into an actual uninterrupted singles match, this is really good. Dustin stops wrestling Solow like he's a brat and starts treating him like a man. There is some great athletic stuff here, Solow's leaping double stomp was great. The bullrope spot at the end worked very well too. The post match with Comoroto was great too.

I kind of want the Factory to rack up more wins in this feud.

3) Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston vs Royce Isaacs and Danny Limelight. No "Wild Thing" here. God, Limelight is so good. Just smooth and athletic and great to watch. Him vs Kingston was really nice. Isaacs is a quarter step behind, but I like his ground game. I love Mox and Kingston squabbling. Holy mother of God, that leaping DDT from Limelight was astounding. This was a super fun little tag match.

Lance and Jake promo. I love the Sting stuff in there.

4) Lance Archer vs Bear Bronson. Things are about to get beefy. Very hard hitting, lots of strong style strike exchanges. Both of these guys are good in the air too, so I'm waiting for them to get there. The match heats up very well, and for a surprisingly long time Bronson is not just in contention but occasionally dominant. This was very good.

Honk interview. Nice and sincere. The thrown away "little brother" line was nice.

5) Leyla Hirsch vs Natalia Markova. Little sloppy at the start as they feel each other out, but it gets good when Leyla starts spamming suplexes.

6) Page and Sky vs Kaelyn Branden and Trevor Jordan. I like Branden and Jordan's gear and their swagger. Jordan has some good moves. Page is starting to really impress me. He did a really high suplex in this match that just looked gorgeous. Not much of a match, but some fun stuff.

Hardy Family promo for King vs Bunny. Cool.

7) KiLynn King vs The Bunny. This could be rough, but I'm hoping King brings it together. Off to a good start with King showing power and speed. Decent enough back and forth but I'd have given King the win.

8) Acclaimed vs Blackwood and the Bennett. Not wild about the rap this time. Blackwood has something. Less sure about Bennett. Props to Tall Paul for being cool with young people doing whatever with their hair. This is scruffy but had its moments. Bowens putting Purel on the one kid's hand was funny.

Page and Sky want to celebrate Darby Allin's rear end.

9) QT Marshall vs Baron Black. Not a bad match, between two guys who can wrestle, but didn't ever catch fire.

10) Joey Janela vs Daniel Garcia. This was fun. I know Garcia from Beyond and other places, and he does a good job as a compact war machine. Enjoyable back and forth.

Factory promo. Well, a container for a really excellent Ogogo promo. I cannot consider someone a heel if he calls Cody a 'pissboy"

11) Private Party vs Reynolds and Five. This is as good as you would expect. Any Dark Order combo is great, Private Party have figured out so much in their time in AEW, especially their heel run. The only problem this match has is that it feels like we've seen Dark Order / Private Party a Tekkers/GoD number of times.

Liked the Shida /Stat / Britt segment. Stat nearly got hit by the crutch there

12) Honk and Drake vs Army Boys. One of the army boys is built as gently caress. Not much to the match apart from yay Honks.

13) Tay Conti vs Kiah Dream. Conti is such a great showboat. Dream is very new and sells well, but still needs to get a credible offense together. Jeez, the kick to the side of Dream's head was a real rattler. Fun.

14) Penta El Zero vs Robo The Punjabi Lion. gently caress, I love Penta's new music. Robo has a LOOK. And some pretty stout moves. Nice. He performs like someone who knows he belongs. But then he gets on the wrong end of the Skeleton Man. Paul thinks he invented shush chops. FOr a first appearance, Robo is being given a lot, which makes me think they see something in him. I definitely see something in him. Nasty arm breaker, package piledriver, and the win for Penta, but that was very good.

15) Thunder Rosa vs Robyn Renegade. Renegade doesn't get that much offense, but she's got solid fundamentals, and a frame you could build a great wrestler on. Oh hey, I think this is Alan Angels' other half, and a student or former student of QT Marshall. Wow, this is hard hitting, but even in an enhancement position Robyn is able to show skills. Nice looking sling blade. It of course goes without saying that Rosa is an absolute beast. The ending is a bit awkward but I enjoyed the journey. I like that commentary kept Rosa's options open re: NWA and AEW.

Honks promo. Teasing dissention, but Sexy Boy JD Drake is solid with his buddies.

16) Mike Sydal vs Brian Cage. My condolences to Matt Sydal on his brother's untimely demise. This is really hard hitting. Mike is athletic and fast and has some fun flexibility. Cage catching Cage from a tope suicida is really incredible. This match is basically just really good fun. Cage is an absolute freak, Sydal is smooth and athletic and has some very nice strikes. SO you get this dynamic of Sydal flying round, hitting strikes where he can, and then Cage just SWATTING him out of the air. I enjoyed Tall Paul roasting Toney by implying that Excalibur is a better announcer. I loved that we got Sydal moving in for what looks like a flying nothing into a powerbomb, but then flipping with a headscissors to show why people go for moves like that. I wasn't expecting much out of this match, but Sydal blew me away here. Great match all round.

Overlong Elevation, but enough really good stuff that it was worth watching.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

something about KiLynn King's current look and her pose gimmick makes me think of her as a character in a 90s fighting game with digitized graphics

It's cause like fighting games from that era in that style, her outfit and look and all that seems to be cobbled together from just whatever was in the costume trunk they had. I feel like it's an easy fix there, she's got the green, the red hair, the face paint. Just let her go full Celtic warrior woman like the chick in Hellblade or the version of maid Marian in that new Robin Hood game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i like king and the personality she shows on-screen and i don't think she needs to turn into a debuting-becky-lynch caricature or that she needs a Gimmick at all

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

i like king and the personality she shows on-screen and i don't think she needs to turn into a debuting-becky-lynch caricature or that she needs a Gimmick at all

I didn't say she should come out dancing a jig like Becky. Honestly what she's doing right now is closer to debuting Becky. Neither had a gimmick beyond "go out and smile and dance/wink a lot!" while wearing ugly bright green gear and no personality beyond that. At least the dancing King is doing came a bit more naturally than Becky's.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

King’s coolest moments have been when she’s just screaming and throwing people, she should do more of that and less of the “happy to be here” wink and wave to the audience stuff.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Just let her win matches with vicious looking moves and cut promos and hang out with Red Velvet and Big Swole and have fun matches. She'll be just fine.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Vince MechMahon posted:

I didn't say she should come out dancing a jig like Becky. Honestly what she's doing right now is closer to debuting Becky. Neither had a gimmick beyond "go out and smile and dance/wink a lot!" while wearing ugly bright green gear and no personality beyond that. At least the dancing King is doing came a bit more naturally than Becky's.

you not liking her is not the same thing as her not having a personality

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

King’s coolest moments have been when she’s just screaming and throwing people, she should do more of that and less of the “happy to be here” wink and wave to the audience stuff.

Like I'm saying, give her the Hellblade gimmick. You don't even have to change 90% of what she's doing. Darker gear, give her a crown instead of the headband Senua wears in that game, and have her scream and hoss people around like a mad woman.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Senua would actually be a pretty cool gimmick, she's halfway there, she'd just have to get a bit more serious

also I don't like the blue in her ring gear, the blue/green/red palette is the biggest thing pushing her to that 2D beat em up sprite problem, maybe swap the blue to black (but then she risks getting associated with those horrible TH2 boys)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

you not liking her is not the same thing as her not having a personality

I love Kilynn! She's been one of my faves on Dark since she debuted. If you can tell me what her personality is even within a single match please do though. She comes from a cool sounding town in Ohio but dresses kind of like a Celtic warrior with the paint and color choices, but then winks and smiles and dances half the time, screams about a fourth of the time, and is just kinda there another fourth of the time. Other than her being in the babyface locker room I've got no clue why she's hanging out with velvet and swole, because almost everything about what he have seen of her personality clashes with theirs, and not in a way where that's the whole point like JD and the Pretty Picture.

They don't need to use my idea, but I would like to see them do something to solidify who she is and what her motivations are and get her in ring presentation consistent with that. Just like they did Velvet. Someone telling her to stop doing that stirring taunt constantly and adding bits of stuff like the body blow spot because of her families boxing background went a long way with her. I just want Kilynn to get the same treatment when she moves up, cause she's like 85% there already.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Swole is Big, Velvet is Red, KiLynn is Big Red.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Thesis: Big Swole
Antithesis: Red Velvet
Synthesis: Kilynn King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think her most convincing stuff is her having fun w/ Swole and Velvet, and the celtic warrior stuff comes off as a bit naff, but the two do not sit easily together.