Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Crafty posted:

Then you’d just have superhot with movement, isn’t that what sariento is? I never played it but it looks like that. Superhot vr is insanely good and I can’t wait for the next one. No idea what’s taking them so long since the original must have printed so much money, every man and dog that owns a VR headset of any kind owns that game.

I’m thinking about getting back into resident evil but I haven’t played it since I was a kid. Should I go for resident evil 1 & 2 (which got remastered I think?) or should I just go for 4 which I hear is great.

Just do 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Crafty posted:

I’m thinking about getting back into resident evil but I haven’t played it since I was a kid. Should I go for resident evil 1 & 2 (which got remastered I think?) or should I just go for 4 which I hear is great.

RE2 remake is extraordinary and you should absolutely give it a shot. Then maybe RE7, because it's the direction the series appears to be going in and it's a solid horror experience.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I was going to play the newest res evil and instead I managed to spill a full glass of red wine all over my electronics. I immediately unplugged the series x and set it upside down to hopefully drain. About twenty minutes later I went to pick it up and it bled from the seams between the panels.

Edit: Res Evil 4 is phenomenal but it's not like the rest of the series. Personally I couldn't do the 1 remake because there's just something about having a limited item for saving that makes me unable to enjoy a game. It doesn't matter if there are enough, I'll spend the entire time thinking "is this going to end with me getting stuck three quarters through" and it sucks the fun out of it.

Edit 2: I cleaned out the Xbox the best I could then dealt with my feelings in a way you can probably guess by the structure of this post

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 18, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Call for the warranty and say it came like that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Another crying blood Series X?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

adhuin posted:

I would have assumed, that those two would have been for completely different player segments.

I'm splitting my time between several games already and my job just reopened so less time in general.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Crafty posted:

Given RE HD exists and they remade RE2 and RE3, I imagine Capcom will be remaking RE4 fairly soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced at E3 this year or next. It's a fan favorite and next in line for being remade so it might be worth waiting to see.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Given RE HD exists and they remade RE2 and RE3, I imagine Capcom will be remaking RE4 fairly soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced at E3 this year or next. It's a fan favorite and next in line for being remade so it might be worth waiting to see.

The rumor is its a VR exclusive

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That was probably just people conflating two rumors, because an Occulus(?) version of RE4 was just announced.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
It seems like a no-brainer to do a RE4 remake. It would straight print money.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Think I’ll go re2 remake, then 6. I’ll get the 4 remaster (if it comes) or the vr version of that comes first.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Edit 2: I cleaned out the Xbox the best I could then dealt with my feelings in a way you can probably guess by the structure of this post

Goondolences. I’m trying to picture a setup where you’d manage to spill something into your console vent, that sounds like a very bad evening.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Crafty posted:

Think I’ll go re2 remake, then 6. I’ll get the 4 remaster (if it comes) or the vr version of that comes first.

Just FYI: The trick to liking RE6 is treating it like a melee combat game. Playing it the 'right' way makes it a slog several dozen hours in length.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Toaster Beef posted:

Just FYI: The trick to liking RE6 is treating it like a melee combat game. Playing it the 'right' way makes it a slog several dozen hours in length.

You cant play it that way in all the campaigns

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Real hurthling! posted:

You cant play it that way in all the campaigns

Yeah I'm not gonna defend RE6; I think it sucks the moon clear out of the sky. But if someone's going to make the wrong decision, they might as well make it in the right way.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

SUNKOS posted:

Code Veronica would be next, right? I know it wasn't numbered, but it was a major release RE title.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Toaster Beef posted:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The RE4 remake was already confirmed a while back. It's happening.

Code Veronica would theoretically be next. That'd be ... interesting. There's a lot that can be done to improve that game.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I think he probably confused RE6 with 7.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Code Veronica remake would need to remove basically everything except wesker getting open palm slapped

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SUNKOS posted:

I think he probably confused RE6 with 7.

I was deliberately advising him to play a bad game. I do that a lot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That’s Resi5 :blastu:

Which also sucks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Resi 5 is real real good with a coop partner and kind of meh without one until you get into NG+ and get infinite ammo for high damage low fire rate weapons for the AI partner

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I played the entirety of RE6 in coop and had a great time, it was cool to have four campaigns that played slightly differently. Doing the online events to get tokens to unlock RE2 style character models was v. fun.

I suspect there's nowhere near enough people still playing it for the invasion parts of the game to be populated... for people that didn't play it, there's certain points where other plays can invade your game as various monsters to impede your progress and it was pretty rad. I have fond memories of killing new players near the start of Leon's campaign as a lovely zombie.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

The RE4 remake was already confirmed a while back. It's happening.

Code Veronica would theoretically be next. That'd be ... interesting. There's a lot that can be done to improve that game.

RE Village is already a soft reimagining of the various thematic elements of RE4. It's gonna be weird contrasting that with an actual remake - but yes, according to the Capcom hack leaks, it is indeed happening.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That’s Resi5 :blastu:

Which also sucks

Resi 5 was ok as a coop shooter in 2009. When the coop actually worked the netcode was garbage

Most underwhelming followup to RE4 possible but on its own it isn't really a bad game

Honestly I thought I was done with the series after 5 was ok and 6 was reportedly just bad (I didn't even bother) but I played Re2 remake for some reason and that was just, incredible so I'm kinda back onboard? I don't really like scary games though I have to be in a specific mood

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I loved 7 and Re2make, the remake of 3 was ok as well. Can't wait to play 8

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Lammasu posted:

I was deliberately advising him to play a bad game. I do that a lot.

You son of a bitch, I trusted you.

Resident evil 2 remake it is then.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Resident Evil 1 - Not the very first in the genre but made it a thing
Resident Evil 4 - Not the very first or sole progenitor, but invented a genre. A top 5 game of all time
Resident Evil 2 Remake - Absolute stone cold classic

3/5 of the last 5 console games have had one of their best if not their best game be a Resident Evil

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So to follow up on my earlier external confusion, Halo: Master Chief Collection, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and Sea of Thieves are NOT technically Series X games, and will play off an external hard drive. They may show that arrow icon initially when you put them on an external but this goes away when you reboot your console. Obviously, load times will be slower, but also you'll save close to 200 gigs on your internal. I think all the other first party stuff requires non-USB storage.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Microsoft closes extra cheap xbox game pass ultimate and ea play loophole

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That sucks, I got 36 months this way for the price of I think a year. But also makes sense because I'm basically not a paying customer for 2/3 years lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Next Batch of Gamepassery

Available Now:
SnowRunner (Cloud, Console, and PC)

May 20:
Peggle 2 (Cloud) EA Play
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Cloud) EA Play
Secret Neighbor (PC)
The Wild at Heart (Console and PC) ID@Xbox

May 21:
The Catch: Carp & Coarse Fishing (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Knockout City (Console and PC) EA Play

May 25:
Maneater (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

May 27:
Conan Exiles (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox (+ next-gen patch)
Fuzion Frenzy (Cloud)
Joy Ride Turbo (Cloud)
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries (Console)
Slime Rancher (PC) ID@Xbox
Solasta: Crown of the Magister (PC) ID@Xbox
SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest (PC)

Leaving on May 31:
Assetto Corsa (Cloud and Console)
Broforce (PC)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix (Console)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (Console)
Surviving Mars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Void Bastards (Cloud, Console, and PC)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Kins posted:

May 27:
Fuzion Frenzy (Cloud)
Joy Ride Turbo (Cloud)

Was Mechwarrior 5 any good? I have not played a Mechwarrior game since like... 1999

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Kins posted:

Available Now:
SnowRunner (Cloud, Console, and PC)

May 20:
Peggle 2 (Cloud) EA Play
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Cloud) EA Play
Secret Neighbor (PC)
The Wild at Heart (Console and PC) ID@Xbox

May 21:
The Catch: Carp & Coarse Fishing (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Knockout City (Console and PC) EA Play

May 25:
Maneater (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

May 27:
Fuzion Frenzy (Cloud)
Joy Ride Turbo (Cloud)

Leaving on May 31:
Assetto Corsa (Cloud and Console)
Broforce (PC)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix (Console)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (Console)
Surviving Mars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Void Bastards (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Once again, I bought a game on sale and it's coming to Gamepass. Ah well, Maneater is entertaining enough nonsense for the $20 I spent for it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you for your service.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

joylessdivision posted:

Once again, I bought a game on sale and it's coming to Gamepass. Ah well, Maneater is entertaining enough nonsense for the $20 I spent for it.

I'm specifically excited for maneater to be on there because before gamepass it was exactly the kind of thing I would spend 20 bucks on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Thank you for your service.

I agree because

Doctor Nutt posted:

I'm specifically excited for maneater to be on there because before gamepass it was exactly the kind of thing I would spend 20 bucks on.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

I spent a couple hours with it this weekend finally. It's a little janky but also surprisingly fun.

Hot tip: you need to grind your level up a bit before trying to take on an alligator, which there are a few in the opening map, they are challenging and the combat being kinda weird doesn't help, but I think I was able to take them down without too much trouble by level 3 or 4. Those fights are a lot of zoom in to try and land an attack then speed away to get some distance, rinse repeat until one of you is dead.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

lol GTAV is going to be on three generations of consoles now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I mean so was San Andreas, technically.