Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Angry_Ed posted:

Of all the celestial objects they pick one that has literally nothing to do with the power set of "become invisible"

They probably looked at the list of NASA missions and picked Gemini because it was the most groovy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

They probably looked at the list of NASA missions and picked Gemini because it was the most groovy.

True, rapping with your buddy in low-earth orbit away from all the Turkeys is a groovy time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Angry_Ed posted:

Of all the celestial objects they pick one that has literally nothing to do with the power set of "become invisible"

Much like choosing the puma as your superhero theme because of its ability to fly

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Splint Chesthair posted:

The show was called “Gemini Man,” because 70s. The movie is the first and seventh episodes stitched together.

The series that said Jim Stafford just wasn't enough the first time!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

True, rapping with your buddy in low-earth orbit away from all the Turkeys is a groovy time.

Hotboxing the whole space capsule.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Data Graham posted:

Much like choosing the puma as your superhero theme because of its ability to fly

Are pumas also known for their whining?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I mean, they're cats, so maybe?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

They sure as gently caress wear slacks, I know that much

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And immediately he defiles the gift given to him!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

My name is Pleasance, and I am funky

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

bees x1000 posted:

I love how in the second part of this pilot, they’ve already run out of things for Abby to do so she’s just sitting in a room somewhere watching the episode and commenting.
They gave it the old college try.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
To be left alone: the goal of every great hero!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
~burn an old man! singe all his flesh off~

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

My patent papers are at a slight angle, Sam!

Yeah the first half is what carries that episode. It's got the guy who is forever cleaning his glasses, constant turkey references, Black Barts coming up on mudflaps, the insanely convoluted plot. Just non-stop hits.

bears in the air

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I vill rule ze world! Emperor Cupcake!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Dawgstar posted:

This can't BE! You're DEAD!

No I'm...NoOoOoOOOoOT?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

~burn an old man! singe all his flesh off~

When
You want
The flavor of bacon in a dip

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 18, 2021

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Where am I ever going to find another personal fire truck??

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

verbal enema posted:

bears in the air

WING-ED BEARS

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Also, I remember coming across a marathon of Gemini Man on the Sci-Fi Channel about a year after MST3K was cancelled.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Nooooo! it can't beeeee! You're invisiblllle!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Narsham posted:

Joel was really positive about Mary-Jo’s appearance as Pearl in the theater in Delta Knights, so I think the chances are pretty decent assuming it’s logistically possible.

Mary-Jo actually has one of my favourite riffs from any of the various MST and MST-adjacent projects in her and Bridget's version of Angels Revenge, which is just a whole run about her loving the song the nightclub singer girl does. Just makes me giggle every time

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So what are some TV Pilot Films and compilations that MST3K could potentially riff in the future?

Just found out that Thunder In Paradise(Hulk Hogan solves crimes with a boat) has three of those kind of movies(1 pilot film and 2 episode compilation films) so it sounds like a strong candidate to me

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

drrockso20 posted:

So what are some TV Pilot Films and compilations that MST3K could potentially riff in the future?

Just found out that Thunder In Paradise(Hulk Hogan solves crimes with a boat) has three of those kind of movies(1 pilot film and 2 episode compilation films) so it sounds like a strong candidate to me

Doesn't quite fit the bill, but I think Renegade with Lorenzo Lamas would be good

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Was Merlins shop supposed to be a show or just an anthology movie

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Nooooo! it can't beeeee! You're invisiblllle!

TL posted:

OHHPTIKUHL I-LOOO-ZHUNnnn-nuh! :mad:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Gaz-L posted:

Mary-Jo actually has one of my favourite riffs from any of the various MST and MST-adjacent projects in her and Bridget's version of Angels Revenge, which is just a whole run about her loving the song the nightclub singer girl does. Just makes me giggle every time

i bought her barrettes off the internet

and how she cranks the volume lol

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Was Merlins shop supposed to be a show or just an anthology movie
The monkey story was originally a 90-minute movie called The Devil's Gift and was edited down with Merlin stapled on for this. The bits of the seance and the critic capable of leveling small towns with his reviews were freshly made Mystical Wonders.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Morter posted:

OHHPTIKUHL I-LOOO-ZHUNnnn-nuh! :mad:

You leave Robert denby alone

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So, 'Cupcake', is that Italian, or...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nishi koichi posted:

i bought her barrettes off the internet

and how she cranks the volume lol

I think it's her cutting Bridget off every time she tries to segue to another bit that gets me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hogama posted:

The monkey story was originally a 90-minute movie called The Devil's Gift and was edited down with Merlin stapled on for this. The bits of the seance and the critic capable of leveling small towns with his reviews were freshly made Mystical Wonders.

Crow and Tom reviewing each other is one of my favorite sketches.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Code Name: Diamond Head is no worse than Hawaii Five-Oh would have been without Tom Selleck

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pulchritudinous posted:

Doesn't quite fit the bill, but I think Renegade with Lorenzo Lamas would be good

And THAT'S why we're dressed as 70s relief pitchers!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm Tug McGraw. :smith:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's her cutting Bridget off every time she tries to segue to another bit that gets me.

And then MJ apologizes, and later, during the montage, Bridget suggested that "Seventh Heaven" could be her song.

Also: "Let's go try on hats."

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know the Coleman Francis movies are tough ones to get through, but I love Red Zone Cuba, and, especially, the Skydivers so much.

Marlo Thomas in That Guy.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

I know the Coleman Francis movies are tough ones to get through, but I love Red Zone Cuba, and, especially, the Skydivers so much.

Marlo Thomas in That Guy.

"Jeez, they should set a place for Eraserhead"

Most of the people I watched MST3K with couldn't really bear to get through all of Red Zone Cuba because of how it just spends the second half meandering, but they all really liked Skydivers.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm not entirely sure I understand what Skydivers is actually about.

Beyond a vehicle to film some guys skydiving when it was still fairly novel, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Flag on the moon, how did it get there?