Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MariusLecter posted:

Same.
Then I learned the hard way what Patton Oswalt says to people who ask him about turning their issues into a comedy career, "You have to be funny."
I saw a guy at an open mic try doing a set about his miserable life and it was painful to watch.

F Minus

Seems to me the answer to this problem is obvious. There's a trampoline right there.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Just get to the strips where you show what Sarah is writing already.

Andertoons

drat lazy vultures.

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Mark Trail takes place in the dick tracey universe now.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

The Lockhorns

Footrot Flats

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao we're really doing a tree law storyline aren't we

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

I am not entirely sure what is going on here. Is Australian geography known for violently ripping open?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao we're really doing a tree law storyline aren't we

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The one thing I don't like about New Mark Trail is that it seems to be overrun with characters who are the poisonous sports of people who I hate. Like, they're villains, but they're like... 21st century manager bureaucrat capitalist villains and I don't like even thinking about those kinds of people :smith:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin's legendary party escapades

I just adore this page, from the essence of smalltalk in strip 1, to Mrs Fillyjonk's cheeky grin in 4.
She absolutely knows that it's only a matter of time until all hell breaks loose when you're dealing with a drunk Moominpappa at a party.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 15, 1945)

This would be a really great scene if the guy weren't black. As it is it just kind of makes me uncomfortable, although panel three still rules.

"What's on your mind, Aleta?"
"MURDER."

Johnny Aztec posted:

I am not entirely sure what is going on here. Is Australian geography known for violently ripping open?

I think he was trying to dig a hole and set off a landslide. What does "bung in your tree" mean? No results on Google.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cobalt-60 posted:

I think he was trying to dig a hole and set off a landslide. What does "bung in your tree" mean? No results on Google.

Think of "bung" in this context like "smack dab," if that helps.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cobalt-60 posted:

"What's on your mind, Aleta?"
"MURDER."

There have been a few strips where he has been planting trees. I've seen " bung" used as " Place/Slap in" in a few places in older items.

So, He goes to dig a hole and a BIG hole happens, and the dog is saying " Well, go ahead, plant your tree" but in a kind of sarcastic way

And the way the art is, and the direction the guy is looking, it looks like the land heaved UPWARDS , which is what was throwing me off.

I guess the side of the hill fell away due to the rain.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's New Zealand, I assumed it was either a landslip, an earthquake or the rending of the earth as a Balrog slipped its chains.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

I hope that it's the pirate, because the thief had a monocle but broke it, so they're disguising their one bad eye.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

SubNat posted:

I just adore this page, from the essence of smalltalk in strip 1, to Mrs Fillyjonk's cheeky grin in 4.
She absolutely knows that it's only a matter of time until all hell breaks loose when you're dealing with a drunk Moominpappa at a party.
Moominpappa + Wimsy + alcohol is just asking for trouble.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

Did Rex Morgan get their clipart file mixed up with Mark Trail's?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

I honestly have no idea about Native Americans of the plains but grew up with many in the midwest. In case anyone is wondering he does a panel like this around every other week and I've been skipping them but this past month I've decided to just "gently caress it" and spoiler them instead.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cobalt-60 posted:

"bung" is slang for putting or throwing something

as in puthole or throwhole

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Aztec posted:

New Zealand livestock farms are often built on quite hilly land, and as a result land slippages aren't that unusual during rains as the farm denudes the landscape for grazing and then there's no tree roots holding the soil together when it gets heavy with water.

Bogor for whom the bell tolls

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

I love the 3rd panel in this one

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (October 11-12, 1933)

Peanuts (May 20-21, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

COVIDshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 16-17, 1937)

Out Our Way (August 17-19, 1936)

And I hit another schedule hiccup, so everything else is on hold for another second.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Yeah, I'm with him

quote:

A boar spear is a spear used for boar hunting. It is relatively short and heavy and has two "lugs" or "wings" on the spearsocket behind the blade, which act as a barrier to prevent the spear from penetrating too deeply into the quarry where it might get stuck or break, and to stop an injured and furious boar from working its way up the shaft of the spear to attack the hunter.

Pigs, wild or domestic, are always waiting to gently caress up a person who didn't know better. Just look at The Medieval Castle.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EBB posted:

Bernice is gonna be a miserable HR manager some day
She'd be the type of HR manager who sets up pizza parties for major companies and complains when nobody's excited.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton, Flyin' Jenny, and The Red Knight Nov. 18th, 1940

Maybe introduce yourself first?

Axa

Is this the quickest we've gone from start to Axa falling for a random guy?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I thought Robot Mark was dead, so this is good. :)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Did Bernice really just ask why people would display art

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I've been wa-aaa-ay out of touch on these threads for a long time and this is my first experience with Nil. He has instantly become my favorite character in this whole terrible strip.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

She is specifically dogging Nil's art. So unpleasant.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

She is specifically dogging Nil's art. So unpleasant.

Ah, yes. Now I see. I'm used to Bernice being a bitch and yet I was so unprepared for this level of bitchery that I failed to recognize it at first. loving hell.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I'm mentally grabbing her hair and driving her face into my knee for you, kid.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the most impressive thing about bernice is that she somehow makes the other characters in the strips, who are barely characters, likable by comparison

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Guess what the gently caress got a Tuesday/Thursday syndication.

Funny Online Animals

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

I like how it appears that Nil's eye moves first and his head catches up in the third frame

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Bernice is a Republican. She would call the police on some for Jaywalking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Today was the day I found out that the Japanese term for "a house of cards" is literally "trump tower".

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Hostile V posted:

Guess what the gently caress got a Tuesday/Thursday syndication.

Funny Online Animals

KC Green is a national treasure and I can’t believe Comics Kingdom is virtually printing his stuff

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

catlord posted:

Axa

Is this the quickest we've gone from start to Axa falling for a random guy?

Haha, get hosed, Matt.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

CommonShore posted:

The one thing I don't like about New Mark Trail is that it seems to be overrun with characters who are the poisonous sports of people who I hate. Like, they're villains, but they're like... 21st century manager bureaucrat capitalist villains and I don't like even thinking about those kinds of people :smith:

As long as they're suffering and getting hurt lots I do like it.