Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I feel like I'm not doing these dips right. I feel 'em way more in the upper part of the tittie rather than the lower part.

E: I also think I might need a new bar. I noticed a slight bend in the middle today.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Over covid our local gym owner decided to move locations and expand. New gym opens Friday and I'm pumped, all new equipment and racks. I'm super excited to try out the new belt squat machine as well as the astro-turf strips/weighted sleds he installed.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm getting closer to 400lb squat and my dumper still looks like a shovel.

Please help.

Sorry about your Hank Hill rear end

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Don't doxx my butt.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

In awe of that lad

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Benched 185lb for my last set today. I think I can do 190 or 195 next time!

https://youtu.be/E_mOwL-yiSk

I promise my rear end is on the bench.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nice and smooth.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

walked by the park and noticed they have this neat bodyweight chest press machine thing. Unfortunately I'm a beast and can bang out reps without feeling much. If I could get some bands on it or get some plates on my lap it'd be a lot better.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Congratulations on being stronger than an average 10 year old

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

silence_kit posted:

Congratulations on being stronger than an average 10 year old

My 3 year old can move those, actually.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

nfw I can compete with a 3 year old’s strength to bodyweight ratio

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I wonder how many reps it would take to get to failure on one of those. There's one semi close to my house as well.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Olympic lifting looks terrifying I feel like if I tried to snatch any appreciable weight my knees and shoulders would instantly explode

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Olympic lifting looks terrifying I feel like if I tried to snatch any appreciable weight my knees and shoulders would instantly explode
it’s true, they would

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Hellblazer187 posted:

what if you snatched a broomstick or an empty bar today, then added a little weight next time, then a little more weight, and then continue adding weight based on an intelligent periodized plan

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

feelix posted:

what if you snatched a broomstick or an empty bar today, then added a little weight next time, then just ADD FIVE POUNDS EVERY WORKOUT BAYBEE, WOO!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

feelix posted:

what if you snatched a broomstick or an empty bar today, then added a little weight next time, then a little more weight, and then continue adding weight based on an intelligent periodized plan

I mean, obviously you do it that way rather than just grabbing 200lbs or whatever and seeing what happens.

I'm just saying the angles look absolutely insane and I can't imagine my body would ever move like that.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://youtube.com/shorts/GFdoHw5zgCo

DIP FORM CHECK, PLS

I asked before, but aren't these supposed to hit the bottom of the pectoral pretty hard? I feel it the most at the top of the pec instead, though.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Hellblazer187 posted:

I mean, obviously you do it that way rather than just grabbing 200lbs or whatever and seeing what happens.

I'm just saying the angles look absolutely insane and I can't imagine my body would ever move like that.

through God anything is possible

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Of course your body can’t do that. This dude’s probably been lifting since he was 5. The cool thing about tendons is they get stronger if you work them. It’s why the whole “no knees over toes” line of thought is bullshit. Yeah you throw up stupid weight without training you’re bound to blow something out. But you train halfway properly your knees get stronger and if you’re an elite lifter you get to look like a superhuman freak.

Oh and the steroids help.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah, I know all that intellectually. But I see someone drop into a squat like that and like, fight or flight kicks in.

I can get pretty deep into a squat and just chill there for minutes, I've got pretty good mobility tbh. It's just the dropping there with so much weight overhead that gets me.

Edit: Also I think a lot of nonprofessionals who just do oly lifts for power development don't bother going anywhere near that deep.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

Eh you'd probably not bottom out like that unless you're in the lighter weight classes. Especially starting out. I'm a big dude and my catch is just below parallel. Started with power snatches then eventually worked my way lower and lower. Lasha bottoms out but he's inhumane.

It's a great, challenging lift if you put in the work to learn it properly.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I could never snatch properly. Started too old, and my mobility and coordination were poo poo to begin with. I really enjoy muscle snatching and overhead squats though, even if I was only moving baby weight before the gym closed. I hope I can get back into that. It was a good change of pace while cutting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

https://youtube.com/shorts/GFdoHw5zgCo

DIP FORM CHECK, PLS

I asked before, but aren't these supposed to hit the bottom of the pectoral pretty hard? I feel it the most at the top of the pec instead, though.

Yea they are but those look pretty good to me :shrug:

I think maybe if you are more upright they hit different parts maybe

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Maybe its more of a ROM thing with the Dips that makes you feel them in the top part of your pec. Like your stretching your top pec more than what you are used to and thus feel it in that part.

I wouldn't really worry about it.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah, I know all that intellectually. But I see someone drop into a squat like that and like, fight or flight kicks in.

I can get pretty deep into a squat and just chill there for minutes, I've got pretty good mobility tbh. It's just the dropping there with so much weight overhead that gets me.

Edit: Also I think a lot of nonprofessionals who just do oly lifts for power development don't bother going anywhere near that deep.

eh watch Lasha's unofficial world record 225kg/496lb snatch here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhB4-R-3hMM

he bottoms out right about squat level

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Should I get a 4.75” or 6” nylon belt for oly lifts?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got my new squat rack and it is good and makes me strong and it means I can bench without worrying about dropping the bar on my neck

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I got my new squat rack and it is good and makes me strong and it means I can bench without worrying about dropping the bar on my neck

Hell yeah, safety!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

you’ll never max out without the fear of death

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

nooneofconsequence posted:

you’ll never max out without the fear of death

The roll of shame doesn't really motivate when it's just you in your garage.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That’s why I always ask for spots from the girls who wander into the weight room looking to do hip thrusts on the hamstring curl machine

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally hit a PR on my OHP and broke 185.

OHP is a fuckin bitch.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That is a lot.

I like OHP, it makes me feel strong. It's also the first exercise where when I first started and was working up to my 5RM I did 4x95 3x95 3x95 and then the next week did 5x95 5x95 5x95 and felt good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

To anyone that does lat pulldowns what kind of workout weight are you at vs bench or OHP? Obviously it'll vary but I haven't done lat pulldowns in 20 years and I just want a vague idea what kind of weight I should prepare for like 100% of bench, 70% of bench, 125% of bench, etc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This reminded me that there's a picture of me OHP my cousin like 15 years ago and she still laughs about it and I kind of want to ask her how much she weighed so I have a 1RM goal but she was kind of chubby and I'm afraid she'll take it the wrong way.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

just start with the full stack and go down if needed

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

To anyone that does lat pulldowns what kind of workout weight are you at vs bench or OHP? Obviously it'll vary but I haven't done lat pulldowns in 20 years and I just want a vague idea what kind of weight I should prepare for like 100% of bench, 70% of bench, 125% of bench, etc.

I’d be shocked if you could lat pull down even close to 100% of your bench.

I’d probably start with sets of 50% of your bench and go up from there. Maybe sets of 6-10 reps.

How many pull-ups can you do?

Like my bench maxes over 250 and my lat pull downs are in the 180 range. I can do 10 sets of 5 rep pull ups at 220 lbs as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pretty sure I was benching like 135lb but doing like 165lb or more on the lat pulldown when I was still going to the gym. Don't think the comparison scales indefinitely, though.