Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

think about the months of old food grime and piss and shart spray that gets lodged in the corners and crevices of that wooden food tower thing

i worked at a sandwich shop before, i know how things get "cleaned" lol. yes the dishwasher is always full of old food grime for some reason, and the "clean" dishes that come out of it always smell like dirty dishes, but a new dishwasher costs money lol just rinse em off for a second with the vaguely soapy filth water from the sink, no rah stop actually cleaning those dishes its taking too long its fine its ok get 2 work rah that special sauce wont make itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rah! posted:

think about the months of old food grime and piss and shart spray that gets lodged in the corners and crevices of that wooden food tower thing

i worked at a sandwich shop before, i know how things get "cleaned" lol. yes the dishwasher is always full of old food grime for some reason, and the "clean" dishes that come out of it always smell like dirty dishes, but a new dishwasher costs money lol just rinse em off for a second with the vaguely soapy filth water from the sink, no rah stop actually cleaning those dishes its taking too long its fine its ok get 2 work rah that special sauce wont make itself

My time at a McDonald's backs this. Nothing ever really gets clean you just smear the grease around

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I am Jack's #1 post on Reddit right now about how a father has to work 3 jobs to make enough to pay for his daughter's 8th grade dance in the subreddit r/mademesmile tagged as "Wholesome Moments"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Slotducks posted:

I am Jack's #1 post on Reddit right now about how a father has to work 3 jobs to make enough to pay for his daughter's 8th grade dance in the subreddit r/mademesmile tagged as "Wholesome Moments"

Holy poo poo you're not joking.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Len posted:

Holy poo poo you're not joking.

The saving grace is the comments all calling it out - but it has 36k upvotes and is the #1 post on Reddit right now which is mind bogglingly stupid.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rah! posted:

So what is in the special sauce Rah!?

its come isn't it?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rah! posted:

This stuff doesn't get washed at all, the heat and humidity of a restaurant kitchen washer will destroy them. They get "wiped down".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I worked at a small business making gourmet popcorn for awhile. Part of our set-up was a rectangular thing that held a rack of fans like these

They got turned on to blow cool air down onto the popcorn to help it cool faster. I worked there about a year and a half and they never got wiped down or cleaned. So it was just dusty gross air getting blown right down onto the food people ate.

Another genius idea was that there was no insulation over the air ducts so during the summer when it was hot from the popper and the caramelizers it just dripped water onto the floor. A steady trail of water app the way from the back to the front door.

Also my stepladder was a milk crate which is a huge safety don't.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Zil posted:

So what is in the special sauce Rah!?

its come isn't it?

It's cumin

Also, while that is a stupid variation on the salad, pretending you absolutely must preserve the original recipe is dumb as poo poo. Put some shrimp in there or pastries or whatever if it makes the salad better.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Breakfast All Day posted:

nah its the grilled bread most importantly, and is often just served rubbed with garlic and oil. the antipasto just gets most of the focus in american cuisine

i stand corrected. i always laboured under the delusion that it was the poo poo ON the bread, not the bread.

side note: restaurants are, in fact, the dirtiest places on earth. one place i worked at, which ground its own burgers, had such a bad cockroach problem that after a particularly vigorous bombing, hundreds of dead roaches spilled out of said grinder the morning after. no wonder all the food made everyone so sick

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Literal raw sewage used to overflow from the kitchen and out into the dining room at the Dave and Busters I worked at.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I lost my job at a restaurant because I "wasted too much time and got into arguments with other employees," IE, I tried to clean the grills and dishes properly and the greasy, unwashed, belligerent assholes I worked with wanted me to do their jobs instead.

I'm a firm believer in worker solidarity, but I'm not going to let someone get sick because the guy who makes their sandwiches wanted to go to his car to shoot up, nor am I going to to let some jackass manager rush me through my work in an unhealthy and unsanitary manner.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Slotducks posted:

I am Jack's #1 post

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I worked at a bar once that never cleaned their urinals, like, probably fifty years worth of piss and cum and spilled cocaine.

Anyway urine eventually crystallizes, so one day the pissers backed up and started leaking out into the bathroom, which eventually leaked onto the dance floor.

it was like the one scene from blade but piss

e: I also caught my dealer loitering by the bathrooms because he was charging the customers a dollar to go pee. but that was another night.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think I remember that from one of Gibson's novels

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Trolley problem but it's "living wage for food service workers" and "piss free sandwiches"

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Posters in the CSPAM capitalism thread - "Why don't they just use the justice system?!"

Edit - oh sorry we moved onto piss dishes.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Today a co-worker gave an excited "Yes!" and a fist pump when he learned that we would bet starting weekly department meetings again soon.

I hate these white people and their love of number

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

apatheticman posted:

Posters in the CSPAM capitalism thread - "Why don't they just use the justice system?!"

Edit - oh sorry we moved onto piss dishes.

You mean pishes?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dog Case posted:

Today a co-worker gave an excited "Yes!" and a fist pump when he learned that we would bet starting weekly department meetings again soon.

i mean i miss the weekly meetings. but that's because the messages from corporate are always hilarious and give me plenty of things to make fun of

edit: also it's 20-30 minutes i get paid for doing nothing

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Dog Case posted:

i'm gonna miss zoom staff meetings

just turn off the camera and get to spend an hour folding laundry or doing the excersize bike or shitposting, or literally anything more productive then staff meetings

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm gonna miss Definitely Not Sleeping In Until My First Meeting At 10 Or Anything Like That

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Platystemon posted:

He made a shitload of money on stock options. Zynga execs cited “the Google chef scenario” as a reason to claw back options from their employees.

https://observer.com/2011/11/zyngas-stock-clawbacks-highlight-the-google-chef-and-the-startup-everyman/

pincus is a nut job, but I don’t think he’s ever worked as a VC

e: it’s not unheard of for equity agreements in early stage companies to allow the company to repurchase the shares at their purchase price in certain circumstances, sometimes including “we want to”

Subjunctive has issued a correction as of 07:00 on May 18, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its deffo one of those 'drat theyre a lil poo poo' signs tho

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Amazon Seller is Dumping Returns to My Home Address. What can I do? (self.legaladvice)

quote:

Some Amazon seller from China (verified by Amazon) is sending their returns to my home address. It's been happening for ~6 months, but the pace is increasing. I'm now receiving 2-4 packages every day. 20-30 lbs per week. All really cheap Chinese-made clothing.

I contacted Amazon months ago. They promised it would stop. Instead, it's gotten worse. I've contacted Amazon again. They again promise to investigate. Nothing has happened and no information has been provided to me that makes me think it will stop. It's now been over a week since the second contact to Amazon.

How can I make it stop for good? Is there any way I can revert these back to the seller somehow? Or back to Amazon? It's genuinely enough garbage in packaging alone that it's consuming valuable space in my garbage service and a significant burden to get all material to a Goodwill to donate it.

Packages come to me via UPS and USPS. I'm afraid to attempt to stop shipments from either, because I run a business out of my home. If they mistakenly hold packages I actually need I'll just be creating a new problem.
Located in the USA.

Anybody have a clever idea to get this to stop?

quote:

Email jeff@amazon.com. This email will be routed to the Executive Customer Relations department. There is a division of said department that deals specifically with sellers. They can help you!

Also, just some fun info. Overseas sellers on Amazon have to offer one of the following: cover return shipping to the country of origin, and/or provide a US based return mailing address. Knowing that, it sounds like they chose the latter and gave your address. They probably don't give a poo poo about getting the items back because they were overcharging for them in the first place and are charging a "restocking" fee, plus not refunding shipping costs so they are still coming out ahead.

quote:

I will try the Jeff email. I had heard about that, but was unsure it actually worked.

Yes, your summary of the situation is dead on. In one recent package the customer included the full page notes from the seller. The seller has standard wording which states in broken English, "Due to high shipping costs you pay, please keep the item and take our discount." And a few other sentences explaining how they don't want the stuff back and they'll pay you to keep the item. They want you to keep it, or throw it away, because the actual clothing they're selling is worthless. I found the listings. They're exceptionally over priced. $50 cover ups, $30 tee shirts. All of it is <$2 garbage you'd get from a street vendor in a third world country.

Also of note, about 75% of the items returned are not the item on the order slip. And I'm seeing lots of repeat wrong items. It appears the seller is continually shipping the wrong item to the customers. Hence, all the returns.

Thank you for the input!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Crabitalism has blessed this fool with a dark gift! Open a 24/7 garage sale for random garbage and make number! :evilbuddy:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

One weird trick to get infinite margin!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You could probably set up a pretty cool and gross tunnel park with all those cardboard boxes and charge a dollar per

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Professor Shark posted:

You could probably set up a pretty cool and gross tunnel park with all those cardboard boxes and charge a dollar per

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

All hail crab!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Accretionist posted:

All hail crab!

I mean what the hell else did you think was going to be on Planet Crab, Dan and Sarah :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fun Crab Fact Time:

quote:

Carcinisation (or carcinization) is an example of convergent evolution in which a crustacean evolves into a crab-like form from a non-crab-like form. The term was introduced into evolutionary biology by L. A. Borradaile, who described it as "one of the many attempts of Nature to evolve a crab".

Me irl

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
crabs are evil, cruel, stupid and the only other creatures on earth to go to hell

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

crabs are evil, cruel, stupid and the only other creatures on earth to go to hell

this is canon.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

tokin opposition posted:

But did you stop to consider crabs are good actually?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

Then I will face god and walk backwards into Hell

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The crabs stay in the bucket because they value their community and do not want lone crabs to go astray

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Accretionist posted:

All hail crab!

crab facts 1/250
https://twitter.com/franzanth/status/1383127388855226368
https://twitter.com/franzanth/status/1383135377242812416
https://twitter.com/franzanth/status/1385296605096472578

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.