Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just lol at this framing from Iowa Public Radio after even the CDC called Iowa out for taking last Thursday's announcement to mean they could ignore COVID in schools.

https://twitter.com/Clay_Masters/status/1394696472352886784?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
fun to take those 223 after vax deaths AND the 5,800 total breakthrough cases at face value and go wow, among the fully vaccinated, covid has a 4% cfr

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Bad news from the Amish.

https://twitter.com/Michaela_Ramm/status/1394292744747720709?s=19

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

fosborb posted:

fun to take those 223 after vax deaths AND the 5,800 total breakthrough cases at face value and go wow, among the fully vaccinated, covid has a 4% cfr
sounds like someone didn't take their lithium today

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

fosborb posted:

You're not doing it right, you're supposed to compare the 223 to an arbitrary number

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He is one stupid motherfucker and growing stupider by the day

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cloaked posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1393919639449649154?s=20

liberals:
- "the vaccine is out so you won't die OF covid, just WITH covid"
- "the vaccine is out so we can't let the cure be worse than the disease"
- "the vaccine is out so it's just the flu"
- "the vaccine is out so you wearing a mask is damaging my life and freedom"

Straight up trump admin. Genetic duplicates. Trump really did do the greatest job possible for an American president to do against covid because he was so stupid and incompetent he just went golfing and tweeting instead.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Good thing we have adults in charge.

https://twitter.com/MZanona/status/1394758466737262599?s=19

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Listen to... The Science

New EP dropping in two weeks!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Thoguh posted:

Just lol at this framing from Iowa Public Radio after even the CDC called Iowa out for taking last Thursday's announcement to mean they could ignore COVID in schools.

Covid 19, just another one of those childhood illnesses. You know like chicken pox, strep throat, whooping cough, measles, polio. Just kid diseases we can do nothing to prevent except pray to God that our children make it through.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol gop continually dunking on these fuckin dorks

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Der Meister posted:

lol gop continually dunking on these fuckin dorks

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Asproigerosis posted:

Covid 19, just another one of those childhood illnesses. You know like chicken pox, strep throat, whooping cough, measles, polio. Just kid diseases we can do nothing to prevent except pray to God that our children make it through.

yeah that guidance specifically means we're moving to some other loving state by the fall school year, regardless of my spouse's job search. gently caress that and this year's as good as any to uproot young kids

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wonder what an Amish ventilator would look like?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

there's a severe shortage of douchenozzles, hang on to this one it's going to be very valuable in the futute

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zil posted:

bellows

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Zil posted:

not sure but i bet they could build one in a day

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Zil posted:

A whole village working comically oversized bellows like a cartoon. It's a lung raising!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

If you’re only going to ruin your day once today, do it with this

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Amish do come to modern hospitals for care when it is well past the abilities of their community to treat them. A lot of the time its too late because they are generally able to tolerate living with symptoms far longer than americans who demand everything the second their back is uncomfortable. I remember I had a 30 year old Amish woman with breast cancer as a patient. It was so diffuse throughout her entire body, entire spine more cancer than bone.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Amish do come to modern hospitals for care when it is well past the abilities of their community to treat them. A lot of the time its too late because they are generally able to tolerate living with symptoms far longer than americans who demand everything the second their back is uncomfortable. I remember I had a 30 year old Amish woman with breast cancer as a patient. It was so diffuse throughout her entire body, entire spine more cancer than bone.

Sounds heroic. If only more Americans would live up to those stoic ideals instead of being whiny babies.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

many sides, many sides

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Oh no, what a blemish on an otherwise perfect patriarchal christian community with no skeletons in their closet.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Stickman posted:

Sounds heroic. If only more Americans would live up to those stoic ideals instead of being whiny babies.

whatever allows him to push fewer buttons

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Thoguh posted:

childhood illnesses, famous for just being ignored, like polio or chickenpox or pertussis or

efb

DarkEuphoria has issued a correction as of 23:09 on May 18, 2021

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Happy Thread posted:

I switched to a standing only computer setup because my tailbone developed issues. Also had to do tons of slowly increasing physical therapy after my ankle got too weak from walking less and injured itself.

gently caress. ive injured my ankle so many times in the past year by just standing up or just flexing it.

also, yeah, actionjackson. i get migraines because my shoulders are so tense. my calves and hips are super tight. i should foam roll but feeling physical pain is somehow more comforting because it feels so familiar.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
i called the person at the state health dept whom ive been sending breakthrough cases to and asked why she wasnt reading my or my coworkers’ emails

she said, “oh sometimes they end up in spam and i dont check my spam folder”

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yall don't know the moral torture it is to have that poor woman lay on that table for an hour with every bone in her body in exquisite pain and then you get some middle age fuckhead who acts like he is paralyzed and needs an epidural to get through a 20 minute mri and after the first sequence comes up their back is pristine, not a single thing that could possibly cause significant pain.

Back me up here fiz I know you get this all the time.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

the only thing that can save us is Joe Biden getting COVID

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

Yall don't know the moral torture it is to have that poor woman lay on that table for an hour with every bone in her body in exquisite pain and then you get some middle age fuckhead who acts like he is paralyzed and needs an epidural to get through a 20 minute mri and after the first sequence comes up their back is pristine, not a single thing that could possibly cause significant pain.

Back me up here fiz I know you get this all the time.

You should smoke up every one of these people so they get through the machine time with ease

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

etalian posted:

The idea that billionaires make up for since most charities end up being "Failson" job creation or more devious cases funding a "charity/think tank" to protect their excess wealth.

Charities are also some of the least efficient ways to solve social ills because it only goes to whatever cause is deemed "noble" enough to fund, instead of what is actually necessary.

fosborb posted:

going out on a limb here to say that if someone's immune system was so poor as to allow a breakthrough after vaccination, it was also very likely they were going to die from it without the vaccine as well, so if only 4% of those people died that's probably much better than otherwise

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

If it takes Brian Johnson's life first, then by all means go for it

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Shipon posted:

going out on a limb here to say that if someone's immune system was so poor as to allow a breakthrough after vaccination, it was also very likely they were going to die from it without the vaccine as well, so if only 4% of those people died that's probably much better than otherwise

also everything's made up and the counts don't matter

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mastershakeman posted:

You should smoke up every one of these people so they get through the machine time with ease

I am constantly on the phone with the nurse screaming for ativan. Just nonstop. I put in my monthly rounding suggestions to install an ativan dispenser in the department every single month because I am a goon rear end clown that doesn't understand office politics. So much time wasted. What I really want is ketamine for patients. Just really gently caress em up doc, guarantee this exam gets done.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Asproigerosis posted:

I am constantly on the phone with the nurse screaming for ativan. Just nonstop. I put in my monthly rounding suggestions to install an ativan dispenser in the department every single month because I am a goon rear end clown that doesn't understand office politics. So much time wasted. What I really want is ketamine for patients. Just really gently caress em up doc, guarantee this exam gets done.

Asproigerosis just stabbing people in the rear end with ketamine every time they walk through the door

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Are the places claiming 70%+ uptake only counting eligible adults because when I look at the NYT county level map I don't see anywhere that high.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i went to my last mri blazed and they were all like "sorry no music, headphones broke" and jokes on them because i listen to throbbing gristle and autechre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I'm sorry, I thought the patient was an rear end so I shot them full of horse tranquilizer