Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mayor Dave posted:

I can't believe you're encouraging Not Posting

Some people clearly weren't forged in the posting fires. Once you go protected once you gotta give up on the takes ya aint got the constitution for it.

There's some other dork who keeps getting owned for his awful takes but he must be getting paid for it.

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 01:16 on May 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It really sucks but I think subtext here is that there is a larger geopolitical and realpolitik issue at stake. The larger issue is that the Biden Admin's hands might be tied due to Trump's actions and reflexive partisan Republican reticence due to issues of domestic political consumption. The US can't slap Israel on the wrist and fix its relations with Iran at the same time. Especially when Trump pushed the overton window of acceptable foreign policy with regards to Israel so significantly beyond the norm of previous administrations that put much more of an effort of at least appearing to care about a lasting two state solution.

Trying to reverse course will radicalize opposition to Biden's policies in other areas; bring additional attention to trying to drop sanctions on Iran in return to returning to the nuclear agreement; and probably hurt efforts to renormalize relations with Cuba.

I wish we lived in a world where the US government could deftly handle all three crisises and everything at the same time but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the political calculus that is occurring. It isn't right, but until relations with Iran and Cuba return to a new normal that can't be derailed by Fox News screaming into the wind, its going to be very difficult for the US, even in response to an atrocity, to punish Israel for its crimes

Dti

Relations with Cuba aren't being put back on track because the admin doesn't want to and wants to do regime change. Similarly it will do nothing to stem the blood gates because it genuinely supports Israeli and everything they are doing. This has been the consistent position of everybody in power right now for their entire careers lol, if you wanna make a "gosh isn't that odd" argument about Biden's position in all this it'd probably be why he was adamantly opposed to apartheid in South Africa but even then it just comes down to the USSR collapsing so us being able to cut the turd loose now that we didn't need a bulwark against Communism taking hold in Africa

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
"dear Israel- please give Palestine their own state on their terms or we stop supporting you entirely lol. lmao"

wow where's my fuckin nobel peace prize

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nah biden was super against south African apartheid because he really loving hates the dutch.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

That guy looks like such a little bitch

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Nah biden was super against south African apartheid because he really loving hates the dutch.

Hell,

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

I knew there was something redeemable about biden

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It really sucks but I think subtext here is that there is a larger geopolitical and realpolitik issue at stake. The larger issue is that the Biden Admin's hands might be tied due to Trump's actions and reflexive partisan Republican reticence due to issues of domestic political consumption. The US can't slap Israel on the wrist and fix its relations with Iran at the same time. Especially when Trump pushed the overton window of acceptable foreign policy with regards to Israel so significantly beyond the norm of previous administrations that put much more of an effort of at least appearing to care about a lasting two state solution.

Trying to reverse course will radicalize opposition to Biden's policies in other areas; bring additional attention to trying to drop sanctions on Iran in return to returning to the nuclear agreement; and probably hurt efforts to renormalize relations with Cuba.

I wish we lived in a world where the US government could deftly handle all three crisises and everything at the same time but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the political calculus that is occurring. It isn't right, but until relations with Iran and Cuba return to a new normal that can't be derailed by Fox News screaming into the wind, its going to be very difficult for the US, even in response to an atrocity, to punish Israel for its crimes

Dti

true, joe would love to help Palestine but his hands are tied by fox news and trumo wow shucks gotta let everyone die PS heres 1 billion dollars worth of weapons for you, Israel

just nothing joe can do

oh well thats politics :abuela:

lmao

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

yeah, sure, I’ll buy that

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/arwaib/status/1394620434386141184?s=20

Death

To

Mother

loving

Israel

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Rah! posted:

true, joe would love to help Palestine but his hands are tied by fox news and trumo wow shucks gotta let everyone die PS heres 1 billion dollars worth of weapons for you, Israel

just nothing joe can do

oh well thats politics :abuela:

lmao

democrats love to use the gop possibly saying something mean about them to justify all the awful poo poo they not so secretly want anyway

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You think this is the first time someone has presented this point of view to him?
https://twitter.com/micahuetricht/status/1394763644416794627

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan/status/1394819879451217931

but palestine is the bad guys right?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
old but dti

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/zlj517/status/1394663194287738885?s=20

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/HarounRashid2/status/1393577988634169356

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i really hope the siege ends one day.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

love 2 post an unrelated pic of myself

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

its strong posting energy

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Dti

raenir really is one of the stupidest posters i've ever had the misfortune to come across

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
it shouldn't surprise me given, well, all of history but there's something absolutely astounding about how nakedly Israel is basically following pages from the fascist handbook. the oppressed become the oppressors, the cycle continues.

also, they're the whiniest bunch alive

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Der Meister posted:

love 2 post an unrelated pic of myself

wolf warrior diplomacy

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmmm all the US media is full of articles about Erdogan's anti-semitic remarks, what did he say?

https://www.dw.com/en/erdogan-slams-us-austria-over-israel-response/a-57567014 posted:

Erdogan slams US, Austria over Israel response

The Turkish president said Biden was "writing history with bloody hands" after US approval of weapons sales to Israel. He also denounced Austria for flying the Israeli flag in solidarity last week.

Erdogan criticized a weapons deal between the US and Israel, and Austria's open support of the country

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday slammed Austria and United States President Joe Biden for their response to the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestinians.

He said that Biden was "writing history with bloody hands" because of his support for Israel. His comments, made in a nationally televised address on Monday, represented one of his strongest attacks against the US president since Biden took office in January.

Erdogan also criticized Austria for flying the flag of Israel last week. "I condemn Austria for hanging the Israeli terror state's flag," Erdogan said. "The Austrian state seems to be trying to make Muslims pay the price for [its role] in the Holocaust."

Erdogan, a vocal critic of Israel, has reached out to world leaders in the past week, calling for governments to take action against Israel. He has, however, spent the past few months trying to mend relations with Washington and contacting Western allies after a year of disputes.

Criticism of weapons sales

Speaking after a cabinet meeting, the Turkish leader criticized Biden's approval of weapons sales to Israel.

"You are writing history with your bloody hands in this incident that is a serious disproportionate attack on Gaza, which is leading to the martyrdom of hundreds of thousands of people," he said. "You forced us to say this. Because we cannot stay silent on this anymore."

The Biden administration on Monday approved the potential sale of $735 million (€602 million) in precision-guided weapons to Israel, according to congressional sources.

"Today, we saw Biden's signature on weapons sales to Israel," he said. "Palestine territories are awash with persecution, suffering and blood, like many other territories that lost the peace with the end of the Ottomans."

Israel sent several air strikes into Gaza on Monday while Palestinian militants launched rockets at Israeli cities.

Critics on all sides, including Biden, have called for a cease-fire in the conflict, which has claimed the lives of more than 200 Palestinians and 10 Israelis.

Just a bunch of hard-hitting points against Israel and the US, I wonder why this is being presented as anti-semitic :thunk:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:hai:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

OK baizuo posted:

Hmmm all the US media is full of articles about Erdogan's anti-semitic remarks, what did he say?

Just a bunch of hard-hitting points against Israel and the US, I wonder why this is being presented as anti-semitic :thunk:

don't worry guys we'll push biden left

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Gringostar posted:

old but dti

Operation Solomon used to be a real feel good bit of Israeli propaganda, hmmm I wonder how African Jews are doing in Israel nowadays...

(I lied, I don't wonder because I know, the Israeli govt keeps trying to sterilize them)

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1394827671239016450
:lol:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
probably made up PR stuff to make them both seem "nicer" or whatever

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Finally a good take from terf island

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/IbnRiad/status/1394652042141081602

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

IDF Private: They have guns now!
IDF Seargeant: They have guns now?
IDF Captain: They have guns now.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

probably made up PR stuff to make them both seem "nicer" or whatever

i wouldn't be surprised if some people in the US state do want the situation to go away. Plenty of people in US intelligence agencies got their start oppressing Muslims both inside and outside the US, so mass protests in US cities chanting arabic slogans has to have disturbed some of them.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
biden's a die hard zionist but he has no love for bibi, who this war is designed to save. from the american state's point of view, this is all an unnecessary distraction from the long, slow, and above all quiet work of empire

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

IDF Private: They have guns now!
IDF Seargeant: They have guns now?
IDF Captain: They have guns now.

Don't start humanizing the IDF by taking lines from EDF, the real heroes.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

please don't use these $700m deathstars, they said, handing over the keys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

this is a real feel good video