Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKplabTRuak

drat these guys rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

crepeface posted:

please don't use these $700m deathstars, they said, handing over the keys

We sold them the deathstar and are now selling them proprietary laser recharge cells while quietly whispering "don't use this on alderaan again ok" and they loudly shout "gently caress YOU" and then make full eye contact while slapping the "blow up alderaan" button

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

"don't use this on alderaan again ok"

see that's the problem with the original design, too final. gotta be able to attack planets over and over again with a subscription

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

yeah that about says where things are with this piece of poo poo country

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Haaa. I was going to link that video earlier! It's got the part where the gal journo embeds with the rabbi and he parks the car really poorly, yeah?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Haaa. I was going to link that video earlier! It's got the part where the gal journo embeds with the rabbi and he parks the car really poorly, yeah?

yep that's the one and they're legit insane but they hate Israel and make all the Zion chuds mad so they're cool

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Does anyone remember how the Last of Us Part II was a giant metaphor for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? Druckman used the "why can't we all get along" both sides philosophical bullshit that Zionists use to gaslight militant opposition to Israel.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Be sure to tell everyone that settler colonial states do not, in fact, have a right to exist, and yes this includes the united states.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqxS5OMXOGQ

I just knew there would be some excellent Roger Waters content and hoo boy this is 17 minutes of it, inshallah

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Strep Vote posted:

Be sure to tell everyone that settler colonial states do not, in fact, have a right to exist, and yes this includes the united states.

Reported for sedition.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

Does anyone remember how the Last of Us Part II was a giant metaphor for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? Druckman used the "why can't we all get along" both sides philosophical bullshit that Zionists use to gaslight militant opposition to Israel.

Druckman specifically related an anecdote about how he got mad at the news and wanted to kill Palestinians, then used that vicarious experience filtered through a warped media lens as the basis of a personal story of real loss and revenge.

Then after both sidesing the player characters, they throw in a third faction that's trying to kill everyone based on their religious ideas of irredentism. :thunk:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Strep Vote posted:

I read that article too and cringed but I dunno, it didn't seem to translate into the game as far as I could tell.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/IntelTweet/status/1394859646612037633
:pray:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Expand the war

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

here's something i've been needing to ask for awhile: why do i see more shiite-aligned groups support hamas than sunni? general anti-imperialist bent?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i say swears online posted:

here's something i've been needing to ask for awhile: why do i see more shiite-aligned groups support hamas than sunni? general anti-imperialist bent?

because contrary to the official line, sunni extremists are bankrolled and exported by the saudi-american-israeli alliance in an ongoing proxy war against iran and its allies

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

sunni groups are ops

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Inb4 Al saqr comes crying about shiite death squads

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1394281236747603972?s=20

drat this poo poo rules

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
pflp launched their poo poo?

https://twitter.com/AryJaey/status/1394665500240662531?s=20

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Lord of Pie posted:

sunni groups are ops

Hamas is aligned with the Muslim Bros. the designated group to make excuses about to ratchet repression in the gulf countries and egypt.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lmao at the ending.

"Their blind faith goes too far."

And stop, never providing an example of what too far is.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

there are still Marxist groups active in the Palestinian resistance and it looks like one of them just launched a missile barrage

their influence has waned a lot in recent years, though, in large part due to the Israelis going out of their way to kill as many of them as possible

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lord of Pie posted:

sunni groups are ops

if Muslim Brotherhood actually had power in the Arab world things might be different, but we made sure it'd never happen. Erdogan has close ties to the Brotherhood, which is why he's had to keep rubberbanding between supporting Israel for the economic benefits and being anti-Israel because they executed Turkish citizens or started bombing Gaza again.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:pray: they've been trying to blow it up for days.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 05:33 on May 19, 2021

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/IntelTweet/status/1394872872376623105

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

so which al-qaida are we talking about?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nasheed of iron and fire

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

nasheed of iron and fire

A bunch of wooden screws and gears spin into place as a scale model of the Burj Khalifa rises from the panoply

Everyones Favorite Poster
Dec 6, 2017

:toot:

Are these guys, these guys possibly? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neturei_Karta

Anyway, as someone who grew up attending a Haredi congregation, good on them.

edit: lol woops shoulda read previous page but :justpost: ed instead

Everyones Favorite Poster has issued a correction as of 06:04 on May 19, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Chuka Umana posted:

Someone just posted an article about that in the CSPAM games tthread, and how it uses a very israeli version of events.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

:(

Are Whiz Khalifa and Mia Khalifa also sus

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Druckman specifically related an anecdote about how he got mad at the news and wanted to kill Palestinians, then used that vicarious experience filtered through a warped media lens as the basis of a personal story of real loss and revenge.

Then after both sidesing the player characters, they throw in a third faction that's trying to kill everyone based on their religious ideas of irredentism. :thunk:

oh so that's why that game is weird as gently caress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Victory Position posted:

oh so that's why that game is weird as gently caress

lol i always wondered why that games story weirded me out

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bv8da4/the-not-so-hidden-israeli-politics-of-the-last-of-us-part-ii

quote:

The game's co-director and co-writer Neil Druckmann, an Israeli who was born and raised in the West Bank before his family moved to the U.S., told the Washington Post that the game's themes of revenge can be traced back to the 2000 killing of two Israeli soldiers by a mob in Ramallah. Some of the gruesome details of the incident were captured on video, which Druckmann viewed. In his interview, he recounted the anger and desire for vengeance he felt when he saw the video—and how he later reconsidered and regretted those impulses, saying they made him feel “gross and guilty.” But it gave him the kernel of a story.

“I landed on this emotional idea of, can we, over the course of the game, make you feel this intense hate that is universal in the same way that unconditional love is universal?” Druckmann told the Post. “This hate that people feel has the same kind of universality. You hate someone so much that you want them to suffer in the way they’ve made someone you love suffer.”

Druckmann drew parallels between The Last of Us and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict again on the official The Last of Us podcast. When discussing the first time Joel kills another man to protect his daughter and the extraordinary measures people will take to protect the ones they love, Druckmann said he follows "a lot of Israeli politics," and compared the incident to Israel's release of hundreds of Palestinians prisoners in exchange for the captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit in 2011. He said that his father thought that the exchange was overall bad for Israel, but that his father would release every prisoner in every prison to free his own son.

"That's what this story is about, do the ends justify the means, and it's so much about perspective. If it was to save a strange kid maybe Joel would have made a very different decision, but when it was his tribe, his daughter, there was no question about what he was going to do," Druckmann said.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

this guy wrote it as a way to reconcile his murder fantasies: in a video game

drat, this guy's nuts

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
video games rot your brain

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i never played tlou2 but i appreciated its buff lady

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

lmao that I knew which of this subforums deranged offsite stalkers posted this

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

never played either the last of us game but that series has way too many human characters and enemies for a zombie apocalypse setting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Early communist china was a considerably better ally than the Soviets ever were if you were an aspiring marxist revolutionary. But their ability to aid was considerably less at the time. Usually what you got was a few crates of LRB's and some knockoff AKs.