Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tylana posted:

I hate to tell you all this.

The junction doesn't need you to find 3 in one mission. Just 3 ever.

EDIT : Didn't. Now it definitely doesn't of course.

haha. ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Has anyone run into one of the Corpus tilesets (I think Neptune? The new-ish one where you can get Protea) having a floating object that just causes a giant black box to fill your screen in place of displaying it? It was weird, I could play around not looking at it but it was just...weird.

was it a kuva siphon? they seem to do that

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cuntman.net posted:

was it a kuva siphon? they seem to do that
Yeah! Yeah it was

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Gara Prime
Astilla Prime
Volnus Prime

May 25th

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

temple posted:

Gara Prime
Astilla Prime
Volnus Prime

May 25th
Oh hell yes, now I can feed Gara to Helminth for my Xaku guilt-free

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

*cries in Astilla rivens*

I mean, sure, the dispo is going to be 0.5, but WHALES. WHAAAAAAAALES.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I just can't justify using Gara anymore since Xaku does the exact same thing but without the stupid ritual and need for a stat stick. Also has more range and armour strip. I guess if I ever have to protect a target, the 4 is minorly better, but targets don't die if the enemies are all dead.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Gonna be needing that cat armor and that ephemera, thank you.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

FunkyFjord posted:

I ignore it a lot, and am put off by a lot of the attitude, buuuuut there is somewhat wide spread dislike of railjack so i don't think scrraming idiot is entirely invalid or anything close.

The sentiment since release has gone from "this is unmitigated bullshit" to a more steady "meh" from the bulk of the talk I see. It's right there with orphix, mechs in general, and probably the pvp modes if you're actually into pvp. It's kind of routine and boring but it's not so horrible that every page needs an edgy ragepost about it.

Prop Wash posted:

At this point I think they need to ditch the “Intermission” setup and just take the stance that NW will always exist and the weekly objectives will always be a part of this game whether or not they’re using NW to tell stories. I’m ok with them refreshing the reward tiers after every NW story though.

That's basically what we have now, barring a break in between. Everyone hits 30 and interest falls off a cliff unless you're new enough to need all the things. Even new people will snag all the cosmetics and nitain in a single season/intermission if they do the objectives because they're running these things for a stupid amount of time. A continuous reward track would be cool but the constant need to design new assets would probably be a drain.

Just put them on a schedule and if you have a story ready then great. If not everyone will still be happy aside from the three people in the world who are heavily invested in NW storylines for some reason.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Guilty posted:

I just can't justify using Gara anymore since Xaku does the exact same thing but without the stupid ritual and need for a stat stick.

If you've only tried building for splinter damage on Gara, you're missing out. Put 280 range on her and she is the best AoE nuke frame (outside of ESO) and has 90% DR for free and has insane energy generation with her 3 aug. Fragor Prime built for pure damage and initial combo is more than adequate for her if you don't want to roll a stat stick riven.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

gnoma posted:

If you've only tried building for splinter damage on Gara, you're missing out. Put 280 range on her and she is the best AoE nuke frame (outside of ESO)
Yeah, at first i only tried the splinter stuff because people were raving about LOOK AT THE HUGE NUMBERS, NUMBER GO UP!?, but i found it arduous and bothersome to play so i just bounced of the frame for a long time until i just went max range and had much more fun with her 4-tile nuker style.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Yeah if I'm going to do that I'd just use mirage or protea, with protea able to cover tons more range, no LOS requirement, and infinite scaling so I can play at any level

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Guilty posted:

Yeah if I'm going to do that I'd just use mirage or protea, with protea able to cover tons more range, no LOS requirement, and infinite scaling so I can play at any level

What's your set up for Protea?

Also, do frames need to be max rank to feed them to helminth? I want to spread Protea's dispensary around.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Guilty posted:

Gara's 4 nuke ignores walls, has no range problems, and is the fastest way to clear steel path defenses. If you want to ignore her, that's fine. She has steep build requirements and requires more attention and button pushing than other frames. But don't pretend that she doesn't wreck house. Gara is unmatched at what she does if built well.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

it dont matter posted:

Also, do frames need to be max rank to feed them to helminth? I want to spread Protea's dispensary around.

No they don't.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

it dont matter posted:

Probably know this if you're feeding protea but make sure you've mastered it before you feed it otherwise you'll have to make it again.

If you've already mastered the frame, can feed whatever rank you want.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mr Newsman posted:

Probably know this if you're feeding protea but make sure you've mastered it before you feed it otherwise you'll have to make it again.

If you've already mastered the frame, can feed whatever rank you want.

Yeah I've mastered it but I was gonna get a second for the mouth to snack on.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Only reason I brought it up was because I went to subsume Wukong and forgot I never mastered the non prime version. Had to make him again for the MR.

Not a huge deal for dojo frames though.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
The days after Helminth released, it was a parade of level 0 frames making the slow, sad walk to the chair.

I've only got six frames left to make that walk. One is khora, one is Grendel. :smith:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Grendel's easy, just do it. The khora grind, however... Hope rng is kind to you

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I want to shatter enemies as Nekros to increase loot chance (if that is still a thing), is Frost/Blast the way to go?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I want to shatter enemies as Nekros to increase loot chance (if that is still a thing), is Frost/Blast the way to go?

Slash for sure, blast will just rocket them into orbit

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Blast doesn't do anything, but freezing works. Thermal Sunder from Gauss can freeze enemies solid if you hit enemies with it twice, or you can infuse Petrify from Atlas and use the Ore Gaze augment for even more loot.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

people who say why use x when you can use y in warframe of all games are really annoying

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hazardousmouse posted:

Slash for sure, blast will just rocket them into orbit

That would be kind of hilarious, probably need to do that anyway.

Helter Skelter posted:

Blast doesn't do anything, but freezing works. Thermal Sunder from Gauss can freeze enemies solid if you hit enemies with it twice, or you can infuse Petrify from Atlas and use the Ore Gaze augment for even more loot.

Oh right I forgot that was something that worked! I need to farm another Atlas so I can sacrifice him to Audrey.

cuntman.net posted:

people who say why use x when you can use y in warframe of all games are really annoying

I don't mind, my knowledge of the game is not the best (good enough though to get me by quite easily) so if people have more experience I would love to hear it :unsmith:.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

That would be kind of hilarious, probably need to do that anyway.

Oh it absolutely is. It's the reason why my kuva ogris is still one of my favorite weapons. It's got extra oomph for some reason to the degree that it'll frequently tear models apart and I'm immature enough that I giggle every time.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

it dont matter posted:

Range/strength. And spamming grenades all over the map. Much more effective and for longer periods than the Gara nuke. Stuff dies before they're even on the minimap radar

Edit: if I want that map nuke I could use Saryn/gloom which is also unkillable and also kills from a larger range and does more damage over all. If I'm dealing with low level stuff I'd just volt or mirage.

The problem with Gara is that there's just too many unnecessary interactions. Or maybe other frames are too good

Edit: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Guilty fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 19, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Once you get use to Gara's rhythm, which is customizeable because like others have pointed out she's quite capable of doing bonkers damage and is better suited with whatever range and duration you feel comfortable with rather than all the damage, her little dance is fairly easy to keep going. Though sure I'll also grant that it's easy to drop if you zone out, and this is a fairly good gsme for zoning out and dynasty warriors-ing through everything.

100% its a little more active than many other frames and she won't be consistently nuking the entire map because of it, but i rarely have any trouble keeping the wrecking ball going.

I'll second that she does take a moderate amount of investment to really shine. I'd almost say significant investment but the last thing I leveled was Sevagoth and all his gear and that takes some real investment.

I really want to see live in game footage of Gara Prime, the screen caps posted with the news about her look fantastic but i want to see it in motion and without the glass on the frame.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I don't play gara or khora because they seem too powerful. I played mesa and I had to readjust my expectations for other frames afterwards.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Does Blast even really do any launch anymore? I know explosions in general provide a lot of launch, but it's not like the old days of the Grineer Space Program where you could slap blast on a weapon and just yeet dudes to the horizon.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Blast in general isn't as comedic as it used to and some weapons were explicitly nerfed to the ground for their launch effects like the sonicor. So I don't know if the ogris is a sanctioned outlier or if it's going to get the slapdown too

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The primary sporelacer of all things seems to have insane launch but also it sucks :(

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008

quote:

I really want to see live in game footage of Gara Prime, the screen caps posted with the news about her look fantastic but i want to see it in motion and without the glass on the frame.

Agreed about seeing it in motion- not sure if you know but they are taking out the whole “the glass goes in splinter storm” thing, so how she looks is how she’ll look.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just farmed out Protea again in record time. It felt, easier this time for some reason.

Buttt I need to buy back the blueprint as well, so I need to grind out some Cephalon rep :smith:.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

RNGesus: *gives me Astilla rivens like candy, for some reason*
DE: *drops Astilla prime on us*

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Kitten Baubles posted:

Agreed about seeing it in motion- not sure if you know but they are taking out the whole “the glass goes in splinter storm” thing, so how she looks is how she’ll look.

Neat, this is going to happen to every skin?

I like the idea of her losing glass bits when she has big glass skills going on but she always always looks worse because of it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Promote unity in Warframe: Remove Lua Rescue and stage 3 specific weapon only sortie stages.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Echophonic posted:

Does Blast even really do any launch anymore? I know explosions in general provide a lot of launch, but it's not like the old days of the Grineer Space Program where you could slap blast on a weapon and just yeet dudes to the horizon.

They specifically removed the ragdoll physics aspects of blast because old blast procs were actively harmful on rapid-fire weapons that didn't kill in one hit.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008

FunkyFjord posted:

Neat, this is going to happen to every skin?

Yeah, that’s what they’ve said, I don’t know if they’ve said when but likely with the prime release if I had to guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They specifically removed the ragdoll physics aspects of blast because old blast procs were actively harmful on rapid-fire weapons that didn't kill in one hit.

I don't know why they don't just make blast a radial damage pulse (a literal blast lol) that takes the base damage of the weapon? It seems like the obvious way to go for that status effect but...