Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
main event luther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
oh god kenny got luther into the cupping

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

oh god kenny got luther into the cupping

luther wrestled in japan for a very long time, do you think he needed kenny to introduce him to cupping

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think he did

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao what was luther screeching

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JEEZ

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Luther is beyond gassed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lmao Serpentico

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THAT SNAKE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Huh, weird, maybe the Ren Narita match got shared a week early?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they false advertised me to watch teh show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did I miss Ren Narita

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

coconono posted:

did I miss Ren Narita

No, I think the podcast the announcement came from tweeted about it a week early.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

The human smiling machine!

1) Powerhouse Hobbs vs Dean Alexander. Oh hey, Ricky's on commentary. Justin cut off before he can say which Kansas City Dean Alexander is from. Short form murder. Cool. And then Hobbs steals the fur coat.

2) Dante Martin vs Falco. Looking for this match to rock me Amadeus. This is a good Lucha... thing. Falco is decently built and has skills. That 450 at the end was brutal. Lots of fun.

Big Money Matt promo next to his solarium. Perfectly fine.

3) 10 vs Ryzin. One of the things that Ryzin does amazingly is selling during submissions. 10 is perfecting his athletic bruiser style, and Ryzin is doing a great job of making him look monstrous. Beautiful empty pool senton from Ryzin. Beautiful rag doll from 10. Good match.

4) Chuck Taylor vs Aaron Rourke. It's the dime piece! He's been fun in Beyond. And he is getting murdered here. Chuck's offense is severely underrated, so much of his stuff looks murderous. A good looking murderous squash.

What the heck is this promo from Archer? I love it.

5) Fuego Del Sol vs Lee Johnson. Suit Cody walks Johnson out, just as a gently caress you to Fuego. This is really good fun. Loads of great strikes, loads of really exciting athletic spots, and a great underlying story. Fuego can hang with Lee but he can't capitalise on the big moves.

Acclaimed video. This was amazing. They are going to get killed.

6) Uno and Colt vs Tamillian Vineesh and Duncan Mitchell. I like the look of Vineesh. This is very brawly, not in a bad way. Love Uno's senton atomic, and Colt and Uno just blundering into each other when the match finishes.

7) Cezar Bononi vs Marko Stunt. Big vs Little. Perfectly competent bullying from Bononi, post-bell the Honks mob Marko. Nice.

Mumblecore promo from Jungle Boy. He really needs coaching with these.

8) Nick Comoroto vs Adrian Alanis. Rip in peace Aidan Atlantis. Impressed with some of Alanis's futile fightback here. Comoroto is such a great bruiser.

9) Serpentico vs Sonny Kiss. Bird discourse is back, baby. Serpentico pulling some Luther tricks to wrap Sonny up like a pretzel. Love where Joey tries to head off Luther, gets weird vibes from him, and is all "aight, imma head out". This is really good fun actually. Fast and athletic and violent. Luther interference, and Serpentico wins! Awesome.

10) Swole and Velvet vs Vertvixen and Jazmin Allure. This is a fast and fun tag match. Swole and Velvet work great together but I'm equally impressed by Vixen and Allure. More of this, and more of this on TV.

11) Griff Garrison vs Deonn Rusman. Julia with the blonds is great. This is pretty good. Fun beefcake stuff from Garrison, some very nice offense from Russman . Not a long match, but told a nice story, and Russman looked good.

12) Matt Sydal vs Marty Casaus. Marty has a great ring jacket. Fun match between two weirdos, and it's great to see how much Marty has recovered.

13) Diamante vs Kris Statlander. This is going to be a thumpin'. There's a nice dynamic here of Stat goofing and Diamante bringing her down to earth. Lots of hard hitting here, Stat's running knee strike is beautiful. There's a couple of rough bits where the workings are too visible, but generally this is a great match.

14) Reka Tehaka vs Nyla Rose. Nyla has swagger today. Tehaka has good fightback. Not a long match, but a fun demolition.

15) Vary Morales vs Angelico. Angelico hat. We've got flippy vs stretchy here. This is awesome. Cross body dropkick was deadly, and that Navarro roll is just amazing.

16) Luther vs Brian Pillman Jr. Slowly paced match to start. Luther has been fun as anything in tags but less reliable in singles. However he's not bad here. The threatening of Julia worked well (I want to see her face Abadon). Overall fun.

Chaos Project bust up Pillman post match, setting up a feud with the Blonds

And... that's it?

Weren't we supposed to get a match with Ren Narita?

Weren't we supposed to get the DoN card?

Did I miss something?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ren is next week, and announced early / wrong show.

They announced the first batch of competitors for the Battle Royale

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what we know right now:

Christian Cage
Matt Sydal
Powerhouse Hobbs
Evil Uno
Colt Cabana
Matt Hardy
Jungle Boy
Marq Quen
Isiah Kassidy

so 9/20 we'll know and nothing really interesting so far

smarxist fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 19, 2021

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

what we know right now:

Christian Cage
Matt Sydal
Powerhouse Hobbs
Evil Uno
Colt Cabana
Matt Hardy
Jungle Boy
Marq Quen
Isiah Kassidy

so 9/20 we'll know and nothing really interesting so far

ah, but they've revealed it all!!!!

Marq Quen
Matt Hardy
Isiah Kassidy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

9/20 smoke pee. stu Smoke The urine. (fooling)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

9/21

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hearing conflicting reports that DoN has been moved to either September 20th or 21st

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

e: gdi lock this thread or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Real Dark here we come

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Time for AEW Dork

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
HERE COMES 2!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Excalibur's voice is already in tatters, hell yeah

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ex is already blown up at comms.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Taz, get Ex some mead with honey.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cody standing just out of frame, holding a gun to Taz's head to put that promo over.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Taz logic "i hate Cody, but New York is in the USA but not the UK, so i hate the Factory more"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
MISTAAAAAA FREAKBEAST

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

of course Comoroto would have a match shorter than his entrance, but lol at how elaborate the entrance is for ten seconds of wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Taz logic "i hate Cody, but New York is in the USA but not the UK, so i hate the Factory more"

Someone should tell Taz New Jersey is also in the USA.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hey, bonus match

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MorningMoon posted:

of course Comoroto would have a match shorter than his entrance, but lol at how elaborate the entrance is for ten seconds of wrestling.

I fully believe that Goldberg spent more time in introductions than matches across his entire career.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ganon "Taz's favorite wrestling name" Jones.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Ganon "Taz's favorite wrestling name" Jones.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lol Justin having to climb.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
QT has better poo poo to do

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pylons posted:

Cody standing just out of frame, holding a gun to Taz's head to put that promo over.

Happened on Dynamite too - I wonder if they'd do that if everyone liked the promo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
You think if Taz woke up back in time he would call himself Ganon Jones instead of the Tazmaniac?