Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

SotN is the coolest game ever

I still laugh every time I think about the boots that subtly increase height

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao no way

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

this rules

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
also that menu in sotn was apparently actually a placeholder that was supposed to be replaced with something prettier, but they kind of, uh, forgot to do it before releasing the game since they had grown so used to it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

also that menu in sotn was apparently actually a placeholder that was supposed to be replaced with something prettier, but they kind of, uh, forgot to do it before releasing the game since they had grown so used to it

Lol awesome. Igarashi ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It makes perfect sense if you actually look at it lol. We gamers, like the devs, just got so used to it that we barely notice anymore.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just realized in the Quake logo, the tail of the Q is a nail because of the nailgun

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

SotN is the coolest game ever

I still laugh every time I think about the boots that subtly increase height

best item

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just realized in the Quake logo, the tail of the Q is a nail because of the nailgun

It’s nine inches long on the box too

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Leon and the Merchant have the same voice actor wtf

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

What am I buyin'?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

MeatwadIsGod posted:

wtf also

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What am I buyin'?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1402662171054686215?s=21

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

indeed we are all strangers to ourselves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Vamp from MGS2 is the same voice actor as Hermes from Futurama. Phil Lamar is a talented voice actor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know about the alternate opening in RE1 for a while where you try to leave the dining room a couple times and the zombie bursts in anyway without seeing it eat Kenneth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's one I just found out. There's some angles in RE2 where you can shoot the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNzTz8gQOA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

In Training posted:

Here's one I just found out. There's some angles in RE2 where you can shoot the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNzTz8gQOA

i wanna say this is only in the n64 and dreamcast versions

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the gamecube version of pikmin 1 has a full windows xp port of the game on the disc

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

the gamecube version of pikmin 1 has a full windows xp port of the game on the disc

whoa

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

what on earth

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
s'real, though it's pretty rough and crashy

https://tcrf.net/Pikmin/Windows_Executable

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The gently caress lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

The gently caress lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That some bosses in DQ3 invisibly regen HP after every turn.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

That some bosses in DQ3 invisibly regen HP after every turn.

whoa, for real? i sort of instinctively understood that being aggressive during boss fights was important but i always figured it was because the numbers were small.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I knew the trick ways of beating The End in MGS3 by either killing him early or moving the clock forward. Only found out recently that inputting the Konami code shows you exactly where he is on the map

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've played MGS3 countless times and only found out last year that the snow camo and face paint makes The Pain's bees not attack you. Presumably it's using the same principle as a beekeeper's suit.

CyberPingu posted:

Vamp from MGS2 is the same voice actor as Hermes from Futurama. Phil Lamar is a talented voice actor.

Oh wow, there are lots of MGS things I didn't know about, looks like! All I remember is that like EmmyOk said, you can kill The End pre-boss fight if you're fast enough.
That and in the original version of the game (no idea about the more recent rereleases etc) if you saved and quit while in the prison cell, then loaded the game again, you'd be in some random nightmare minigame. I can't remember if there were any other prerequisites though - it's been a while.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Major Isoor posted:

Oh wow, there are lots of MGS things I didn't know about, looks like! All I remember is that like EmmyOk said, you can kill The End pre-boss fight if you're fast enough.
That and in the original version of the game (no idea about the more recent rereleases etc) if you saved and quit while in the prison cell, then loaded the game again, you'd be in some random nightmare minigame. I can't remember if there were any other prerequisites though - it's been a while.

Iirc there aren’t any tricks, it even occurs after a “save game y/n” prompt so people probably got it by accident even

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

dangerburrd posted:

Iirc there aren’t any tricks, it even occurs after a “save game y/n” prompt so people probably got it by accident even
I'm pretty sure it happened to me accidentally! or maybe I just dreamt it happened

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Major Isoor posted:

its not in the remakes because its a whole different game engine. it was some konami internal demo for a game that was never made or something like that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you turn the radio off, new vegas has ambient exploration and combat music lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

i thought you had to have the conversation with Para-Medic about Dracula beforehand.

extremebuff posted:

if you turn the radio off, new vegas has ambient exploration and combat music lol.

a bunch of the ambient music is also from Fallout 1 and 2

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
mgs3 is basically the best game ever

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
leaving the tracker in so eva has to yank it out in a funny cutscene ftw

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
That Zombies Ate My Neighbors had a sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwO9BuxQSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hercs adventures on ps1 is by the same people and is similar except instead of levels its like a giant zelda world