Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Toshimo posted:

There was whining over Qhira? Why am I certain it was 90% thinly-veiled racism?

It was mostly that she was crazy busted on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Actually throwing fools as Garrosh kicks rear end and if I was throwing fools as like Grom I wouldn't enjoy it as much

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Macaluso posted:

Actually throwing fools as Garrosh kicks rear end and if I was throwing fools as like Grom I wouldn't enjoy it as much

But surely if you were doing Garrosh things as Garrosh that would kick rear end more. The throwing fools thing is cool but like, Garrosh's whole thing is his industrialisation of the Horde and his general leadership qualities.

Honestly if they just replaced his two kind of sad ultimates with an Iron Star and the Heart of Y'shaarj I wouldn't even dislike the kit that much.

Realistically my argument is all the other WoW raid bosses got raid boss level work on their kit, Garrosh did not, he should have.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!

Pedestrian Xing posted:

It was mostly that she was crazy busted on release.

It was mostly the racism, plus the 'betrayal' of putting in another OC instead of making their favorite WoW character :reddit:. She also didn't get any kind of real introduction or video beyond the usual 3-day promo which didn't help.

e: put zenyatta in hots you cowards i want more lore

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Next character will be from Black Ops 3.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

A Pit Lord is looooong overdue, it could fit as a bruiser with a kit from its WC3 abilities.

Maybe even as a tank, they made Mei work as one successfully even if her kit is a bit too strong imo (blind, slows, stuns, escape).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I feel like whatever they do in the next year is stuff that was half-finished in the pipeline when they lost all funding and staff. Hate to break it to you.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Nah they lost funding a pretty long time ago, I don't think there's any half finished stuff left from then. after the half finished stuff got completed the same 4 dudes that were left to finish it didn't get moved to another project so they just started trucking along on the next hero, and when they got churned they were replaced with a new skeleton group to finish whatever half finished stuff the old group had left behind. HOTS has just been going off that half finished momentum for a while

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The patch notes, for those interested.

Also the trailer, which is kinda fun and actually does a pretty good job of showing off the skins.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lol are you loving serious they brought back the dark nexus skins but only something you can purchase as a gem bundle

problem: players have a shitload of shards that they're using to get cosmetics with zero effort
solution: release extremely popular and highly desired cosmetics in a gem-only bundle that shards cannot purchase

nevermind that there was major backlash the last time they did this poo poo with hanzo and alex because it went against the grain of every other cosmetic item

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Kith posted:

release extremely popular and highly desired cosmetics in a gem-only bundle that shards cannot purchase

i'm sorry but the Tassadar Dark Nexus skin is awful. They just slapped his head on a weird crystal body.

as a result I have almost every variant out of boxes because I won't say no to a gold or purple.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

dark nexus deathwing and dark nexus fenix sold incredibly well tho

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lol hand go through shield........

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Half of Dracula posted:

Deckard is so fun because sometimes I hit 20 and start playing to cast as many lorenados as possible instead of winning

people get really mad at me about this even in ai matches because the screen is a mess and nobody can tell what is happening

"cain can you stop for a second I can't land anything"

"drink protens to recover your hp! the red means blood"

"drink my portents to become whole"

"drank the putins very strong lifeblood within"

"step on the portions button to activate a big heal!!"

"100% beef muscle proteins, the red prooves its true"

"My strongest potions would kill you, traveler. You can't handle my strongest potions. You'd better go to a seller that sells weaker potions."

"You don't know what you ask, traveler. My strongest potions will kill a dragon, let alone a man. You need a seller that sells weaker potions, because my potions are too strong."

"You can't handle my strongest potions! No one can! My strongest potions aren't fit for a beast let alone a man."

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Well the new Valla seems to slap pretty hard. Looks like with whatever build you’ll be topping the charts (in damage / deaths).

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ve been playing samuro using the guide y’all recommended from Reddit and it’s pretty fun. It’s odd though because I have huge swings on a game by game basis for my damage and experience soak.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Toshimo posted:

There was whining over Qhira? Why am I certain it was 90% thinly-veiled racism?

Some of it wasn't even veiled, to be fair.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

new valla extremely good, multishotting my way into full hatred instantly owns hard

new anduin good

new stitches okay, i miss vile gas splashing on autos + dealing real damage without talent/quest bullshit

new johanna can pocket herself once again and that rules

new raynor okay but q build smells like farts now

new azmodan significantly better late game thanks to real scaling on his q

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

new valla extremely good, multishotting my way into full hatred instantly owns hard

new anduin good

new stitches okay, i miss vile gas splashing on autos + dealing real damage without talent/quest bullshit

new johanna can pocket herself once again and that rules

new raynor okay but q build smells like farts now

new azmodan significantly better late game thanks to real scaling on his q

Oh, the patch is already live? Gotta try out Azmo and Valla.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Only tried Anduin but so far I like his rework. His theoretical maximum healing output is reduced but it's much more consistent throughout the game.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
Is this game still a thing? I thought they cancelled all development on it?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ffycchi posted:

Is this game still a thing? I thought they cancelled all development on it?

They only cancelled scrolling up on all the posts from the past 24 hours about the new patch.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Toshimo posted:

They only cancelled scrolling up on all the posts from the past 24 hours about the new patch.

I was being Facetious... That being said, How active is development on it?

I actually really enjoyed the game. If they actually show dedication to continuing work on it I will probably give it a download again.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Ffycchi posted:

I was being Facetious... That being said, How active is development on it?

I actually really enjoyed the game. If they actually show dedication to continuing work on it I will probably give it a download again.

[shrug]... they're patching about 3 times a year, with 4-6 heroes getting reworks each time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

4 heroes released in 2019 and 2 in 2020...

Does that mean 2021 will have 1 release or 0 releases?!

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

4 heroes released in 2019 and 2 in 2020...

Does that mean 2021 will have 1 release or 0 releases?!

if this trend keeps up, 2022 will have -1 or -2 releases. wonder which hero they will remove first

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kevin Bacon posted:

if this trend keeps up, 2022 will have -1 or -2 releases. wonder which hero they will remove first

Hopefully, Medivh

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Toshimo posted:

Hopefully, Medivh

First, :wrong:, second, this but Abathur.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Please delete Aba.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Genji. When he’s on their team he’s picking off people right and left, and when he’s on my team he’s trying to fight all 5 people at once and getting stunlocked to death

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

So, anyone else getting boosts very frequently, but not actually activating, from the Sun's Out crates?

I've got at least 7 days worth of boosts out of 4 crates but my status thing say it's only 3 days.

Not that it is a big deal, personally, but thought it was weird.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Issakhar posted:

So, anyone else getting boosts very frequently, but not actually activating, from the Sun's Out crates?

I've got at least 7 days worth of boosts out of 4 crates but my status thing say it's only 3 days.

Not that it is a big deal, personally, but thought it was weird.

Maybe they refresh the duration instead of stacking? That would be really stupid but I have gotten one boost out of a crate in like 2 years so I have no idea.

If boosts are more common now, remember that you can "save" a chest with a boost in it by closing HotS instead of hitting the accept button at the bottom of the screen. The next time you open that type of chest, it will have the same items inside. So if you got a boost in a rare chest, quit HotS instead of accepting the loot and don't open rare chests again. You now have a boost "saved" in your rare chest.

This can be useful if you play a lot on certain days. I'd much rather save a 3 day boost to start on Friday night through the weekend, instead of getting it on a weekday when I don't have much time to sit around playing video games for hours.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

New stitches and azmo both seem pretty solid

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This game is good and I’m gonna try and git gud. Currently in bottom silver.

Are there any good goon recommended YouTube’s or guides on the basics of getting good?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

E: double post

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

add zagara to the list of heroes that makes people irrationally angry in aram

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Always Raging About Mobas

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Are there any good goon recommended YouTube’s or guides on the basics of getting good?

It's been a while since I played but Grubby's always been good at explaining his thought process and choices in-game.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-SCpFY8qE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I tried new stitches and didn’t really find a build that felt good. I like a vile gas build more than stacking max health and healing on autos, but I still never felt that impactful. I suck at landing hook so maybe stitches is just not for me.