Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

does tbs still have conan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

If things stay the same as now, Dynamites lead in will be Big Bang Theory, which probably gets better ratings than Fast Five or The Point Break remake and what have you that normally leads into Dynamite now.

And now we might hear JT say "Stay tuned for Conan O'Brien!" and opposed to him announcing a movie he has never heard of like Battleship.

I have some bad news about Conan...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
t-shirt company, killing the business, dead in a year, etc...

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I agreed that NXT getting bumped for Hockey would have been bad for NXT. People were stoked for that possibility. Don’t see how this is good for AEW. I don’t have TBS

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

I agreed that NXT getting bumped for Hockey would have been bad for NXT. People were stoked for that possibility. Don’t see how this is good for AEW. I don’t have TBS

Congratulations on being wrong twice, I guess.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's great for me

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eat My Fuc posted:

An equivalent scenario for NXT would’ve been their regular show keeping their timeslot, but moving to Syfy while adding an extra hour on another night and establishing Takeover-lites to air on USA.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

well it was a good run while it lasted folks, rip wrestling again

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I wish TBS still just showed Cops, Andy Griffith and my terrible Braves.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

An equivalent scenario for NXT would’ve been their regular show keeping their timeslot, but moving to Syfy while adding an extra hour on another night and establishing Takeover-lites to air on USA.

TBS is a way better station to land on than SyFy to be fair

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I can't believe AEW is dead.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

aew your fired

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Fightful has confirmed some location and vague date plans for AEW Full Gear. The current plan is for AEW to run Rampage live Friday night before the AEW Full Gear pay-per-view, which will air on a Saturday. We've been able to confirm that both shows are set to take place in St. Louis, though we haven't heard of a venue as of yet.

What are some good venues in St. Louis?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Wait, this is Mox's new regular theme music? Ugh, his original AEW theme was one of my favorites

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Raeg posted:

Here lies AEW. It never scored.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

Somewhere in Kansas City, Kansas.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Wait, this is Mox's new regular theme music? Ugh, his original AEW theme was one of my favorites

It's at least a much better version of the song for wrestling and is closer to the version Onita uses which is presumably why Mox and TK wanted to use Wild Thing

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shinjobi posted:

I sincerely hope that is something AEW can do long term with movie theaters. Cause while I'm not sure I want to spend 2-3 hours in a dark room with wrestling fans I don't know, I do know that they would hold similar shows of big boxing matches in movie theaters and those crowds would get rowdy! Pretty neat atmosphere I remember, though this was back before theaters were commonly offering booze at concession stands.

I think it would be dope as hell to sit in a dark room with a bunch of wrestling fans and get rowdy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Raeg posted:

AEW is now a farm, sad

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

does tbs still have conan

He’s moving to a Variety show on HBO MAX this summer

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Friend, let me tell you about a little franchise called the Cleveland Browns.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Insertnamehere31 posted:

TBS is a way better station to land on than SyFy to be fair

Brand-wise I’m inclined to agree, but Syfy was the only other general entertainment cable network under the NBCU umbrella. Weirdly enough, Syfy has the highest reported availability of TNT/TBS/USA according to their individual Wikipedia pages.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

It's at least a much better version of the song for wrestling and is closer to the version Onita uses which is presumably why Mox and TK wanted to use Wild Thing

It is, in fact, the version Onita uses

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also, RIP the TNT movie of the week intro for the OP.

I am so far behind.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sing louie louie over wild thing. suck lawey loo-i ober Wahlthang

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I think you're more likely gonna have better lead-ins from whatever show is going on on TBS compared to THE ACCOUNTANT

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1395057825009766402

It's important to stake your claim early.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I don't know who this Onita is but if anybody can just use somebody else's music now I am going to make Archer come out to the Stone Cold music

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Pylons posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaifetz_Arena

Regarding the TNT Championship, I think I read something this week that said Miro would be making his own changes to the TNT belt. I wonder if that's going to be a renaming of the title to something non-network specific. They've obviously known about this move to TBS for more than today, so I could see them using this as the way to clear that issue up.

heel turn fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 19, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

I don't know who this Onita is but if anybody can just use somebody else's music now I am going to make Archer come out to the Stone Cold music

Start here:

https://youtu.be/PRWSgHAY02Y

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

They went 0-16 and won a playoff game way faster than the Lions. :sigh:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I like having a later at night wrestling show, I checked and I do actually have TBS, I've just never watched anything on it since the late 90s

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

In an effort for brand synergy, the first challenger for Miro's Television Championship will be none other than Drew Carey's office nemesis, Mimi

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Starting next week my shifts will end at around 8:30pm, so I'll often be missing part of Dynamite. It's nice to know I'll always be ready to post with RAMPAGE.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

They went 0-16 and won a playoff game way faster than the Lions. :sigh:

We Just Need The Moneyball Guy.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Just realized DYNAMITE is a show on TNT

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

shiksa posted:

this is excellent corporate synergy bc major league is the most "Saturday afternoon on tbs" a movie can get

god that sounds so cozy

also i got a big coffee can full of sunflower seeds

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Just realized DYNAMITE is a show on TNT

With the move to TBS the show will now be called AEW EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND RERUNS

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm still trying to think of some jokes about TBS that have been relevant this decade and failing

they don't even do the Braves anymore apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
AEW: Tell All Your Friends